Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I recently got M&B and want to get into this upcoming thing but just to be clear, I don't need a mic right? Just listen, follow and get shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

That was all quite fun. I was quiet because I don't have a mic.

House assaults :downs:

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So this time we assaulted a house and it exploded.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So what's a more accurate representation of our event schedule, the spreadsheet or the Steam group events?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The reason I asked was actually because there's nothing for Monday on the spreadsheet.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We will deafen them with our cacophony and blind them with our multitudes of flags.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

When in doubt, make an inner-inner wall.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

That's a pity. And yes, I'm also asking for single player stuff for Warband.

Last night one of our people was going on about Rome at War. DiplexHeated on YouTube just started an LP of 1257 AD. Personally I've been playing Gekokujo, which despite the creator's anime avatar is pretty much just a straight Sengoku transplant with quality-of-life mods added.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

SeanBeansShako posted:

Tonight at 8PM EST we've got our very own NW line battle run by me. Do show up if you can!

Also Brocretin check this out. Guns Of Icarus Online. 80% off.

So GoI Online wasn't $5 and was never going to be $5. I am dumb.

(I got that poo poo)

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Approximately 40 minutes to line battle event.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Are you a BAD ENOUGH DUDE to charge a fully defended fort with your fellow goons while the rest of the team watches with their thumbs up their asses?

EU siege event in 35 minutes.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Just a heads up, the forum thread for tonight's B&I event is actually called TRENCH BATTLES! so be prepared for that.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

After getting Chivalry I'm kind of afraid I'll just get really mad at M&B's janky-rear end multiplayer combat after the hiatus ends.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I haven't even touched the game in the past week due to the Brave New World vortex. Let's do this.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

American line battle in 31 minutes. Get in the Mumble.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

12 minutes to fort swarming action.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

That was a bug? I thought that was a normal part of the mod.

How the hell are we going to augur now?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the siege event. Turn off your brain and shoot at brightly colored mans with us.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I'm not gonna lie, after actually thinking about the naval offerings in this build I didn't have much confidence the quality of a naval event anyway. I don't think we'll have any worthwhile naval situations unless FSE finds a way to break the Warband engine over its knee somehow.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

20 minutes to the EU Blood and Iron event.

EDIT: Yeah what he said.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's happening in 7 minutes so get in the Mumble.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I found a font changer.

Look at this. I can read the scoreboard. It's not perfect but it is infinitely better than the old font, which I found is called Mordred. It's actually not Papyrus.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 7, 2013

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the siege event.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We lasted 18 minutes, through a combination of spectacular bayonet wizardry and the fact the other side seemed to stop organizing about 5 minutes in. I have a feeling they did it to make us look bad, but that's pointless since I doubt Goons have any credibility to lose in the first place.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I still hold dear that one time in a Blood and Iron event when we were arty and were coordinating on team chat with the infantry. It was all going absolutely perfectly, we mopped the floor with the opposing team so well :allears:

It's a lot easier to use team chat when you have a downtime like there often is in a line battle (especially B&I). For sieges, it's hard to find the time to inject your idea into the constantly scrolling killfeed.

I never really appreciated killfeeds being separate from the chat before this game. There's just so much that's wrong with this game yet I still keep playing and enjoying it.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

30 minutes to siege. We got artillery somewhere. Don't ask me where.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

15 minutes until the Great Western European Shoot-Off. Get your rifling hat on.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The first thing that happens on my rookie stint as officer is 2 goons dying by suicide pact. I may not be cut out for a commanding position.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Victor Vermis posted:

Yakkety Sax would be the perfect accompaniment to a double-time command. Yakkety Sax is still funny, right?

It would have been back in the 1800s!

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I can finally play a historically accurate Asian dude.

Seriously, Gurkhas and Black Watch? Just release Britain now. We got all we need. Also, better sounding Chassepots, more ammo, faster bayonet fixing and improved Zouave stats all sound like a big buff to Goons.

Kinda sad about the priest staff nerf, though.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Pretty much the best fun round.

This Sunday's fun round should just be everyone playing together.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The Spain mod is broken. Got dudes missing pants and other nations are all messed up. There must have been some kind of model dependency shakeup with the patch. The item_kinds1.txt file from Spain patch 2 crashes the game on startup.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 21, 2013

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

ExParrot posted:

Good poo poo

I think the new sounds are making me play better suddenly.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

So I played pubbie in the Saturday event for Rome at War. The numbers were about 30 per side, which since it's a melee mod leads to short rounds. If we can get into an event it might be worth a try just because the rounds are so short. It was 4 rounds per map with the factions rotating and teams getting reassigned for each map.

The standard order of battle seems to be as such:

1. Organize into lines
2. Maneuver into position
3. Skirmish about 50 feet from the enemy, where there's a lot of taunting on both sides (my favorite part)
4. Ram your Gallic troop into the front of the enemy phalanx like a dumbass.

There were a lot of spergy intricate rules that the admins didn't really enforce that closely since they seem to realize that in the end battles take like 30 seconds to resolve.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Here's Pants' Music Mod: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/08zgi0ffia9mjhi/8YxMOeCy32/Pants%20cool%20NW%20music%20pack%20v0.2.zip

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

For what it's worth, as far as the Rome at War event, it seemed like we were allowed to use the lowest level item in each armor class. Even when the helmet cost money everyone had one.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Tomorrow at 19:00 BST/14:00 EST/Our Normal Euro Event Time there's a Rome at War event. Since pubbies are invited I figure this is a good opportunity to get our feet wet in one of the man-stabbingest periods of history. The rules are geared more toward clans so as pubbies the plan is to just pick a basic infantry class with the free armor provided and stick with the team.

Important things to know about Rome at War:

-B is taunt
-C puts you into testudo mode if you're Roman. This locks you into place holding your shield up in the air like an idiot.
-X with a one-handed spear will switch between underhand and overhand mode. With overhand mode you will actually stab over the person directly in front of you. This will likely form the basis of any organized shield walls we come up with.
-Throwing spears seem to release from this janky straight line arc.
-Stabbing is generally the fastest and most damaging attack for most weapons.
-If you're a Gaulish standard bearer with the carnyx, Q plays it.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I woke up to find that Rome at War apparently updated yesterday.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

It's also supposed to be [S*P*R*G]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

We're not actually signed up for today's event. We're doing a tour as pubbies. Hopefully the organizers won't mind too much. Saturday's event is the one Nurdbot actually applied for.

So the new patch makes it so you can actually move while taunting, testudoing, and playing the carnyx. Unfortunately it also moved the smiley gorgon shields so that only the elite hoplites get them.

Gimnbo fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Aug 28, 2013

• Locked thread