Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

Drop me the URL of your STEAM community and I'll do the rest!

While you're at it, do you mind adding me as well? Here's my Steam profile. Disclaimer: I have like twenty minutes of experience in Mount and Blade, so I'm pretty awful. Are you guys running any mods/DLCs apart from Napoleonic Wars, North and South, and Blood and Iron?

Edit:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Just those for now, we'll be expanding into L'Aigle multiplayer as a demo for NW in the future. I'm adding you to the group right now.

And as for experience, no worries. You'll pick it up.

Our Blood And Iron EU event will be happening soon-ish too.

Received, thanks :)

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
I wanted to join in the Line Battle but I couldn't find the appropriate Mumble server. It is called Camping the Stairs, right? And it's a US server? Because I can't seem to find it on the sever list in Mumble.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Alright, I think I made it. I'll probably be around for tomorrow's siege event, then. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, SeanBeansShako.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Dangit, I only just managed to log back in while the final shots were being fired :smith: Also pretty hilarious that out of all two of my confirmed kills, one was a TK. Muskets! :buddy:

edit: clarification

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 23, 2013

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
loving competent Austrian cavalry :argh:

By the way, could anyone hear me talking during the fight pre-winter map? I was mostly snickering at what was going on around me and in the Mumble, but I did try to say a couple of things. Mumble is telling me that it's catching my voice, but I'm just wondering if anyone on the other end can hear me since my mic has a weird connection setup. I'll try being more talkative next event so that it'll be easier to tell.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

In less than an hour we got our first NW line battle of the shiny new week. Lets hope it is a good one! see you in Mumble in the 50 minutes now goons.

Are you Stumblebum in Mumble? all we can hear from you when you use the Mumble is weird sounds like your clearing your nose and throat.

Yes I'm Stumblebum. I worried about that, but at least the mic's getting some input. It's got this weird connection thing where I can use the default or plug it in along with headphones to a USB adapter. I use the latter, but it does make it kind of hairy to get a connection going. I'll try it out again tonight. Also I was getting over a cold yesterday, sorry about all that :shobon:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Always nice to be on the side of a coordinated force :)

BTW, nobody was talking on the Mumble channel this time around, right? Usually there's some chatter going on but this time there was dead silence. Either everyone was keeping quiet something's wrong with my Mumble.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

Check your Mumble. We're always quite chatty.

But yeah, despite the slight issues with maps which seem to be the most common issue now the KPR event was fun. Blood And Iron Artillery seems to be about movement and working with line infantry instead of holding back as a solid fortified battery and pelting easy to hit line infantry.

Our team was pretty cool in directing us in team chat.

Nevermind, I had my headphones/microphone plugged in to the wrong jack :downs: At least now I know for future reference to check that sort of thing before going multiplayer on anything.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

^
So using this, thanks!

I've considered all of these and they make sense. Also been thinking about pretty much saying gently caress realism and have all line just fix their bayonet at the start at once. It'll encourage people to get closer to shoot at each other instead of playing 19th Century Sniper line and dragging out the round.

Yeah, I've been wondering about that, especially this last Blood and Iron round since there'd be people shooting at targets and I'd maybe see a speck moving in the distance. Speaking of shooting, question: I've downloaded the reticle mod in the OP, does changing to first-person view for aiming really make that much of a difference or can I change how I aim in third-person (ie: aiming a bit higher than my target) to compensate for the change?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
edit: nevermind, there's a thread better suited for this question.

edit 2: Eh, might as well ask here anyways: Does anyone know if the Ottoman mod for Warband is any good? Or other Warband/NW mods that aren't North and South or Blood and Iron? I'm mainly looking for changes to setting.

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Jul 4, 2013

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm afraid it is those two and the Zulu Wars mod. Nobody does events for that mod so chances are you'll never play it.

You asking for single player stuff for Warband too?

That's a pity. And yes, I'm also asking for single player stuff for Warband.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Gamerofthegame posted:

Some facts:

If Goons shoot a bird, then they are victorious. However, if they shoot a bird perfectly in the first volley, they may still fall. If they shoot a bird in any other circumstance they succeed. The Goon flag is a bird and thus counts.

Shoot birds.

Also let it be known that, should a map not feature birds, goons shall be trampled under the boots of the Red Horde of Wellington-khan

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

SeanBeansShako posted:

The STEAM sale has hit at last, and the DLC and all of the Warband series so far is 50% off. Tell your friends!

Well yeah, but Bad Rats is 90% off. Priorities, man.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Rabhadh posted:

We've actually taken a week off from the regularly scheduled standing still and getting killed, we'll be back to normal on monday though I believe

Well SeanBeansShako comes back the 19th IIRC, so maybe even sooner than that. But yes, we're on hiatus, so I'd recommend any newcomers from the Steam sale take a few rounds in multiplayer to get all the controls (and I do mean all of them, especially kick and surrender for future calisthenics)as well as try to suss out how the accuracy on the muskets works (hint: it hits the only thing you're not aiming at, unless you're aiming at a teammate), and generally getting acquainted with the game. Who knows when you'll be called up to the holy duty of constantly playing a bugle!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Half an hour until our first line battle in about a week, hopefully everyone's honed their aiming and bayonet skills!*

*I didn't

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
OK, so some guys in the Mumble asked for clarification on the Augurs of the Bird. Here's a tentative list of what means what, as far as I know:
Killing the bird on the first volley: the battle will probably not go well.
Missing the first volley but killing the bird on subsequent volleys: the battle will probably go well.
Ignoring the bird: The Bird, in its infinite and all-knowing yet inscrutable ways, will decide how best to deal with us.
The map does not feature birds: we're hosed, bub.

Still in the process of collecting evidence on what happens if there's more than one bird (and all esulting variations thereof), if just one guy fires on the bird (and whether or not he hits), etc.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

quote:

Fixed a bug that spawned birds randomly on all custom maps

There is no God :negative:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than ten minutes left, we just got the server info and whatnot, get in the Mumble for some good ol' shooting 1871-style.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

That doesn't look very comfortable...

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

You missed this part:

Oh, THAT's who you guys meant! Still, ragdoll physics plus masts are absolutely amazing :allears:

NEED TOILET PAPER fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jul 26, 2013

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Goast posted:

So there aren't any spergy requirements for goon linebattles? Just hop in mumble and don't be an idiot?

Not so much don't be an idiot, it's more don't be a dick. But yeah, just show up and you're part of the club.

Also line battle in ~20 minutes, be there or be square!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
15 minutes to line battle, get into Mumble so you can roll with cool cats and maybe even shoot people :frogc00l:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
20 minutes to Blood and Iron event, get in so you can shoot dudes in pointy hats/red pants.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Grey Hunter posted:

Here is the video for last nights Artimis game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5xvW2WEJcI

Looking forward to giving it another go.

That reminds me: Endman, you never did manage to record the Rome: Total War FFAs, did you?

When I close my eyes, I still see a legion of invincible Spartans :negative:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
10 minutes to line battle, get in the Mumble go go go.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than an hour until the Monday American Line Battle, make sure your schedules are clear so we can shoot* pubbies.

*get massacred by

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
It's just about showtime! Come on and get in the Mumble.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

I can't believe that admin tried to justify balance by merely pointing at numbers. Equal numbers don't mean poo poo if one side is completely fragmented by many regiments and don't have an effective way to communicate and one side is controlled by a single regiment that can order a blob death charge to overwhelm us. Regiment sizes matter. The more fragmented a team is the less the numbers tend to matter.

It's a shame really. The EU siege event used to be consistently one of the more enjoyable events that I've played on. I understand the need to play around with numbers with large events like that but the utter ignorance that admin showed with the balance pisses me off more than anything.

I was wondering what happened in that siege event that upset you guys so much. So the admin split up the regiments between the two sides and tried to justify it by saying it made the teams have even numbers? That's pretty awful.

Lemme guess: the blob death-charging regiment was coincidentally the same regiment the admin belonged to?

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Yummy Dead Cow posted:

Pretty much. One side was a single regiment of about 60 and our side was 5-7 regiments totalling 55 ish. They had communication superiority and could coordinate a gently caress you charge blob on the offensive while we could only trickle in a regiment at a time.

Seriously though, we should instantly pull out of any game where an admin ignores balance like that.

I'm honestly surprised at least some of the regiments didn't go "You know what? gently caress you" and leave the event outright, that's downright criminal for the admins to do. It was basically a turkey shoot for them and they weren't even trying to hide it.

Deofuta posted:

Large scale coordination is pretty great if you can find people who are willing to cooperate and make it work. Even a good group of medium sized regiments work great as they are easier to maneuver compared to the larger single line regiments.

I still hold dear that one time in a Blood and Iron event when we were arty and were coordinating on team chat with the infantry. It was all going absolutely perfectly, we mopped the floor with the opposing team so well :allears:

SeanBeansShako posted:

Anyways, sieges are fun. We have an American tonight at 8PM EST. Show up for the fun!

I'll be late (I'd guess by about a half hour or so) but I'll be there. Hopefully the admins this time won't try to pull what yesterday's did.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Fifteen minutes until we don pointy helmets/red pants and shoot mans, start getting into the Mumble.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Gimnbo posted:

The first thing that happens on my rookie stint as officer is 2 goons dying by suicide pact. I may not be cut out for a commanding position.

I will not tolerate multiple flag bearers :commissar:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Also please tell me somebody managed to record me executing Chortles for being an extra flag-bearer. I was thinking about it earlier today and it made me smile like an idiot.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Less than an hour until the Sunday event, so start clearing up your schedules.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Start dusting off your brightly-colored uniforms and woefully inaccurate muskets, because we have a battle in 45 minutes.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

ExParrot posted:

New addition to the pack (I still have no idea what to call it, its more than a texturepack):

The kick from the Bear Force II mod:

Pants, would this be a potential candidate for your musician mod?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6HfV2oF5I

I see your musical offer and raise you some bagpipes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KidpC40OOSE

Also line battle beginning sort of now-ish, so start getting into the Mumble!

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Hey Parrot, word on the street is that you're making a mod for Rome at War to replace the music with the Rome: Total War soundtrack. Is this true? Are you also working to replace the taunts with voice clips from R:TW? I ask because I'm doing the same thing (or at least, trying).

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Pants, I humbly submit for your consideration the following songs on piano:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFkae0j_Ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0B04--XmZiE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kFOW2EU9SY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTgZT3JGrLs

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
Unless I'm mistaken, there's 45 minutes until the Friday NW Line Battle so start warming up your jiggling reflexes.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Pantaloons L'Fragrant posted:

Hello, I've updated the music pack. Still no fifes yet. If you find anything you'd like on YouTube, let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vm9gc8aqxhfp2lx/Pants%20cool%20NW%20music%20pack%20v0.3.zip

It's more beautiful than I could have ever imagined :allears:

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

ExParrot posted:

No more blob bird:

BLASPHEMY!!

Can't wait to be nerding it up with you goons on the battlefield again. Dunno about the rest of you, but I haven't picked up M&B since we started the hiatus, so I can die in True Goon Manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
15 minutes until the fight :siren:WE GOT GOONCAV I REPEAT CAV IS CONFIRMED:siren:

• Locked thread