Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mystique
Solo: d10; PP: 1; d6 Physical Stress.

"How did you get that past security? Whatever." Gotta get him away from the passengers, don't want this to get any worse.

Mystique tenses and leaps at the Crusader, deflecting his thrust with muscles suddenly as strong as steel.

(Solo D10+Enhanced Stamina D8+Combat Expert D8. I'm also going to take cramped as a D4 Distinction for the PP. Leaping On The Crusader: 2#1d8 1 8 1d10 4 1d4 3 So I guess an 11 total with a d10 effect die. And one opportunity.)

The shapeshifter kept pushing, her momentum carrying both her and the Crusader to the back of the plane and the galley, where a rack full of premade food crashes down over his silly helmet. In the crash, Mystique kicks the Crusader's sword out of the way. "Back in my day, you didn't use a weapon on a woman. So don't start now!"

(Trying to eliminate his Sword advantage. Solo D10+Older Than She Looks D8+Enhanced Reflexes D8+Combat Expert D8. And actually I'll be nice and use Second Wind, donating my D6 physical stress to the Doom Pool and stepping up Enhanced Reflexes. Knocking The Crusader's Sword Away: 2#1d10 8 1 2#1d8 2 7 ooo. Uh, so, 15 total with a D8 effect die. And one opportunity.

So in total for my post that's two opportunities and a D6 right to the Doom Pool.)

In her wake, Mystique leaves the air marshal's pistol on the cabin floor, seemingly forgotten.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 13:33 on May 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Doctor Strange

Stephen shakes his head, a small smile on his lips. "Angry? Certainly not. For one, I don't have Hercules trying to pry the Peng Lai '72 from the locked case in the study. And the world needs heroes right now, Hank. Heroes who live in the biggest tower and pose for photographs after beating the Serpent Society. And since the Fantastic Four can't always be around, why not us?" It is a little joke, and Strange gives a little smile. But he couldn't be more serious. "The world doesn't need a shadow to keep it safe. And that's what the Defenders were. The true Defenders. I would gather heroes from the far reaches of the world in order to battle threats the world will never hear about. What sort of example is that? This way, we're accountable. And we should be accountable. I barely knew the children who died in Connecticut, Hank. The ones in costumes. Did you? Did any of us, really? If we did, why didn't we stop them?"

Doctor Strange is thinking deep thoughts and trying to ignore the inevitable sounds of Hercules powerquaffing.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

WHY YOU GOTTA BREAK A BROS HEART
Immortal Iron Fist

"...yeah as I've been told it's some kind of insurance thing. I mean if it was me I would have just taken the bus over here or ridden a bike, but apparently as CEO of a multi-national corporation I'm only supposed to use registered super vehicles or something. Technically I'm counting Iron Man as my official bodyguard for travel purposes. SHIELD doesn't happen to have any gods on their rolladex do they?"

Setting the hammer onto the ground he opens his empty hand and wills it to fly upwards about a foot into his grasp.

"So far this is about all I've figured out how to do. Well that and how to hit stuff really, really hard, but a god with some sort of magic thing of their own could probably give some pointers."

Oh we split up! This is like Scooby Doo or Frasier where we open one door and somebody else goes into another at just the same moment isn't it?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Hercules
1 pp

Hercules heads straight for the bar and starts making selections, grabbing the largest brandy snifter at the bar to use as his wine goblet, beaming at the fine wines that Tony Stark's fortune has bought. "The Doctor is correct, friend Beast - we are noble warriors and should stand as shining examples to all the world! The large crowd at your gates will disperse in time when we punish the villains responsible for the troubles of this country, I assure you that." He downs the glass of 1983 Cockburn port he has poured, and refills quickly. "That was why I leapt onto your roof to reach you - the mob outside is so large that I felt climbing buildings would be faster than trying to push through their clamoring. Tell me, my fellow Avengers, when are we going to go and explain to them that we are their heroes, not their villains? Or will we be taking part in glorious labors to demonstrate our nobility to them, rather than relying on oration?"

Lager fucked around with this message at 15:02 on May 7, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
"Gods? Not that I know of. Although Nick Fury seemed to know everything and be everywhere a lot of the time." Jessica sighs. "SHIELD's a military organisation at heart, and gods tend to take orders... poorly. Something else they have in common with Nick, in fact."

"And you should totally list me as your bodyguard instead of Tony," she adds. "It is my assignment, and he can fly a lot faster under his own power than I can."

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Dust

Kelli had a brief conversation via earpiece with someone upstairs for a moment before returning her attention to Dust. "If you are one of Dr. McCoy's students, we'll need to get you badged. You're cleared up to the 72nd floor. You'll want to take a left out of the elevator and head to the Chief's office. Dr. McCoy will meet you there and get you into the system. If you see the R&D facility or giant server hubs, you took a wrong turn. Is that okay with you?" An elevator door opened behind her. Rather than a floor number, it simply read "express."

Black Cat

As Felicia passed into the next room, the first thing she noticed was how cold it was. No, scratch that, first she noted how loud all the fans were, and THEN how cold it was. That's just how the perception of heat works, bro. Humming loudly before her was a roughly-cylindrical protrusion that rose from the floor, with all sorts of cabling and hoses running to and from it. It almost, but not quite, met the ceiling, where it was crowned with a large system of fans and heat sinks. Many of the silver and blue panels on the side were removed and cast on the floor, leaving the inner workings exposed. A single blue lens on the front of the machine blinked on.

"How unusual." A voice said from nowhere. "I didn't think Mr. Stark was allowing people in this room. I am WHITNEY, but exactly who are you?"

Airplane!

The Crusader gritted his teeth against the voices he was hearing and pressed on. Yes, he told himself, this IS what is needed. I know from my visions that I am doing God's work! I do not know who you are, but leave me be! I am trying to focus on my divine mission and you are interfering!

Pool is 2d10 solo, psychic resistance, d8 zealot. 16 with a d8 effect.

Snarling as he attempted to focus through the voices, the Crusader pushed back at Mystique with all his might to keep his weapon in hand. While it wasn't strictly real, he was manifesting it as a concrete object and resummoning it was... taxing. As it came loose, he realized he would have to do exactly that, dissolving the one that had existed and creating a new one in hand. It was not to the quality of his last weapon but it would have to do.

Pool is 2d10 solo, superhuman strength, 2d8 swordsman and combat expert. 15 with a d10 effect, one opportunity Your effect steps down to d6, you step down D8 sword to d6 sword.

I went, then the kid, then Mystique, so now it's a new round. Doom pool buys the opportunities to step my D6 up to D10 for just 1 PP and goes to 1D10 3D8 1D6. Mystique can pick someone.

Stark Tower

"Hercules, I envy your gift for straightfoward thinking sometimes, my friend." Hank smiled, clapping the larger man on the back. "I hope that our Ferrous friends heading to Washington will be able to take care of the oration part and from now on, we can worry about setting a good example. I believe it was Jonathan Swift who said..." Hank found himself interrupted by a low, rough voice over the intercom that reminded him somewhat of the Wolverine.

"Dr. McCoy? This is Dan, the security chief. Mr. Stark introduced me to you when he set up in the top floor? You have someone saying they're a student of yours. I asked her to meet with you in my office down on 72. Can you meet me here?" The voice asked.

The Beast answered in the affirmative, and the intercom clicked on. "...Some other time, I suppose," He finally added. "You'll have to excuse me; as an educator, being there for my students is my top priority."

As McCoy disappeared into the elevator, leaving them with just Strange and Hercules upstairs, Strange saw a group of counter-protestors appear, demonstrating support for the actions of superheroes. As positive a demonstration as it was, it also escalated the tone of the affair to a fever pitch, and the groups became more and more confrontational. It seemed inevitable that violence would occur, and Stark's security people were stuck in the middle.

Washington D.C.

Yes this scene takes place in the future, deal with it. If Iron Fist was better with Mjolnir he could have just teleported all three of us here. I think. It might only port you between realms. WHATEVER.

Tony, Danny and Agent Drew stood in front of the capital building. Tony wore... not his best suit, but like a 7/10. He was going over some materials and prepared statements he had made with talking points he thought would play well on news networks when this entered the 24-hour cycle, and handed them off to Iron Fist. "All right, Danny. This is the big leagues. Answer questions directly, don't offer up anything they don't directly ask you about, and... are you really going to carry your hammer in with you?"

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 23:58 on May 6, 2013

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist

"I'm a newbie so I don't really know the protocol here, is that bad? Is there like a coat check or something I'm supposed to use? What do you usually do with your armor when you're here?"

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jessica Drew
1 PP, no stress

"You could probably just leave it here on the steps," Jessica says, checking her own court suit. There shouldn't be any questions for her today, but it always pays to look the part. "It's not like just anybody can come along and take it away, right?"

It's funny, really. No one in their right mind would let her carry a loaded shotgun into session, but no one seems to mind that she can shoot lethal bio-electric charges from her hands. Sauntering in carrying Mjolnir would be an insult and a threat all in one. Sauntering in while 'being the Immortal Iron Fist' won't raise an eyebrow.

"But seriously, you should leave it somewhere. I think it, ah... sends the wrong message."

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mystique
Solo: D10; PP: 2; Stress: None.

"Oh, so you can make weapons, can you? So can I!" Mystique made her hand as strong as steel and punched right for the Crusader's head, trying to break his helmet and stun him into submission. She thought to herself: Well, we're at least safely away from the passengers now.

(Solo D10+Adapt Or Die D8+Shapeshifting D8+Combat Expert D8 to punch the Crusader. punching the Crusader!: 1d10 1 3#1d8 4 3 8 So 11 total with a D8 effect die. And one opportunity. Oh, but as the Watcher kindly reminded me, I forgot to include the Crusader's complication of "Is This What God Really Wants," Adding Crusader's Complication: 1d10 9. So that's a 9, which I will gladly swap out with my 3. So a 17 total with a D8 effect die. I guess he's distracted by the idea that this strange woman is trying to protect the passengers from him, the seeming bastion of ethics?)

The Crusader can go next.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 7, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Doctor Strange
"Hercules, you've had the privilege of living through many lifetimes. You've stood beside the greatest heroes of every age. You've done things any man would give everything to do, to experience." Dr. Strange gestures at the street. "You ever stop a riot before?"

Mr. Maltose fucked around with this message at 04:59 on May 7, 2013

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist

"Alright I'll try not to be offended here, I don't think anyone would have asked Thor to leave his Hammer outside but I can see your point about how it sends a really specific kind of message. Can you call for a SHIELD team or something to come down and keep an eye out? Worst case scenario we're going to go in there and as soon as our backs are turned this is going to be a supervillain free-for-all as some bunch of yahoos tries to steal the Hammer."

Having dressed for the occasion (borrowed a suit from Stark) on the jet, Iron Fist straightened his tie and nodded respectfully to the uniformed officers waiting in front of the Capital building.

"I'm going to leave this here now but you guys will really want to keep an eye out for it, I'm serious. Dr. Doom and all sorts of weird rear end space monsters or demons might come sniffing around like raccoons to an open trashcan if it gets left alone for too long. Give us a shout if something comes up."

Grave warning left, he set the hammer down gently on the sidewalk and joins the others at the steps.

"So, anything else we need to do beforehand or do we get straight to the question and answer part of the hearing?"

Just sayin, this isn't a racial thing or anything but... :I Anyway in we go!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Black Cat
XP: 1; Affiliation: Solo d10; PP: 0; Stress: none;

Black Cat, rarely one to be taken by surprise, slipped immediately into "honey" mode upon realizing she'd been discovered. "Hey there, Whitney! Don't mind me, I'm just a friend of Tony's. Maybe he's mentioned me? The Heavenly Hellcat?" Her eyes scanned around the room as she slowly ventured in, trying to locate the source of the voice. Even if she was talking to a disembodied AI (a distinct possibility in Stark Tower,) it was still always nice to put a face to the name. "Anyway, I just came down because Tony wanted me to grab something from the labs. Only he didn't exactly tell me where is was. It's a lot bigger down here than I remember! ...Say, I don't suppose you could help me look, could you?"

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Dust

Baseline humans not being assholes to her, she could get used to this. Sooraya nodded and entered the express(!) elevator, making sure to take a left once it arrived and look for a big blue guy.

((sorry, posting on phone w/low battery, less sucky miniposts soon i promise!))

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jessica Drew

"It won't be undefended," Jess says. "Let me make a call."

She steps away from the Ferrous Friends for a moment and talks into her phone.

"This is Agent Drew. Yes, Spider-Woman." She sighs. "No, not his sister. Look, I know you've got some guys on the ground in DC - there's a... package here I'd like you to keep an eye on for me. You'll know it when you see it. I don't know, a few hours?"

It's dice time! Attempting to create an asset of 'Agents On Our Side' for the scene. Pool is buddy d6, triple agent d8, covert master 2d8. Result is total 10, d8 effect, 1 opportunity: 1d6 4 1d8 1 1d8 4 1d8 6.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Crusader

Dice pool is 2D10 solo and superhuman durability, 2D8 combat expert and a doom dice. Crusader rolls a 12 with a D10 effect which puts him at D6 physical stress. Doom pool is now at 1d10 2d8 2d6 after buying your opportunity for a PP.

Thrown backwards into a wall and struck viciously across the face, Crusader grimaced at the task before him. However, divine errands were seldom something easily completed, so he redoubled his efforts and threw himself forward, throwing a forearm shiver at Mystique's throat. Crusader's cultists pushed backwards as he did so, unwilling to reenter the fray but still trying to keep any passengers from intervening directly.

Pool is 1d12 (focus combining Solo and D10 superhuman strength) 1d8 combat master and 1d6 from the Doom Pool. [url=http://orokos.com/roll/112203]loving A, I rolled an 11 with a D4 effect. The kid is up next. If she wants to intervene directly she has to go through the remaining mob, which is at 2d6.

Black Cat

"Well, I think I could probably help," WHITNEY chirped. "What are you looking for, and for what purpose? I have to ask, you see."

You need to make a roll vs the Doom Pool to see if you can successfully bluff the mostly-completed biometrics sensors.

Washington D.C.

"Like I said, Danny," Tony explained as he walked up the capital steps, "Don't offer up any information where you're not directly prompted. What we want to do here is show that, even with all these people going nuts, the Avengers are back and they are in control of the situation. We won't convey that if we end up stepping into some trap of wordplay they lay for us. Like I used to tell one of my exes, 'keep it simple, keep it sexy.'"

As Tony passed through the entry towards the Senate with the stride of a man who had been in this position before, federal agents waved him on through security and on into the Senate proper. Two massive oaken doors opened wide, and a hundred and one pairs of eyes fell upon the three of them all at once.

"Ah, Mister Stark, Mister Rand." came the voice of the Committee Chair on Superhuman Affairs, Senator Brewer. "Good to see you could finally join us. Please, take a seat on the bench." The trio walked down the steps to the Senate floor, eyes and heads following them the whole way down.

They were left to get their bearings for barely a moment before Senator Brewer stared in. "Thank you for coming. This body has some questions, obviously. First, America would like to know, in your own words, where you were during the events in Stamford. Mister Rand?"

As far as your asset goes, my roll beat yours, but since this is still technically a transition scene, I'll let you spend a Plot Point like creating a scene-long Asset, if you want.

Dust

A door opened behind Sooraya as she looked around the floor for Beast. A man stepped out, dark black hair with very angular features and a well-kept beard. He wore crisply-pressed business attire in black, and eyed her keenly, as if comparing her to someone else he'd known. "Are you Dr. McCoy's guest? I'm the Chief of Security here. Call me Dan." His voice was gravelly, always speaking from the back of his throat. "I just got done talking to him. He'll be down in a minute."

As if on cue, there was an elevator chime and Beast came trotting around the corner. "Sooraya," he said, quirking an eyebrow, "I hadn't expected to see you here. ...My, that was a rather rude thing of me to say, wasn't it? How are you, and what brings you to Stark Tower?"

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Those Magnificent Mutants In Their Flying Machines
Buddy D8, PP 1, Stress: none

It wasn't enough. Whoever he is, the Ren Faire terrorist had so much faith it was basically armor of its own. But she was so close. She could feel the the cracks in his psyche. Reflexively, the young woman in the last row leaned forward, ready to reach out and deal the final blow to the crazy knight's already damaged mind... and then the psycho Smurf lady threw him down the plane and out of sight. Not that she couldn't find him again.

But first the stupid anti-superhero cronies needed to be out of the way. They were starting to get distracting.Maybe it's time they experienced the wages of sin firsthand, she thought with maybe a teensy bit of enjoyment. She reached her mind out to theirs and poured in the best (i.e., worst and hellfire-iest} visions of hell she could remember from her Intro to Western Religions reading.

OOC: Going with Buddy since Mystique and my PC are working together, even if they don't necessarily know it. Bumping up the Mind Control with her SFX, too.
D8 Buddy + D4 Pick On Someone Your Own Size + 2d8 Mind Control + 1d8 Psych, 9 with D8 effect
Ugh. Extra D8 to the Doom Pool if I fail, too. At least I got a PP out of it.

Edit: Oops, forgot to nominate next person. Crusader is up next!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 10:25 on May 7, 2013

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Dust
Solo D8, 2 PP, D8 emotional stress

The slight feeling of welcome she'd felt on the way into the lobby faded as she stepped out of the elevator, alone in the inner workings of StarkAvengers Tower. Not seeing an escort as soon as the door opened was a surprise. Surely the guards out front weren't the entire security detail for somewhere so important?

A small black gleam on the ceiling barely caught her eye. Of course- it was probably all electronic, cameras and lasers and stranger things besides, maybe designed by the man himself. Hadn't Kelli said something about an R&D facility on this floor? She hesitated, saw that no one had come out to greet her yet, and took a few steps down the right side of the corridor. Just above the background white noise, she began to hear the muffled whir and hum of machinery at work and experiments being run. What was being built further down that corridor? Prosthetic limbs, groundbreaking new construction materials? More features for Iron Man's suit of armor? Or something that would be used back home- Afghanistan, or the X-Mansion.

Maybe this was the floor where Stark had designed the new Sentinel armor guarding her friends.

She turned around abruptly at the sound of a door opening behind her. "Oh! I was just looking for the security office. There it is- you are. Thank you, sir. Dan. I will just wait inside."

Her heartrate was just getting back down to normal when a familiar blue face loped into the office. She stood up to greet him, partly out of habit and partly because she couldn't quite contain her feeling of relief at seeing a trusted face.

"Professor McCoy! No offense taken- I didn't mean to surprise you. I know I am supposed to be at the Institute, but...oh, i'm fine. Only somewhat flustered. I got into a small altercation with some of the crowd outside, the ones with the signs about heroes, and us. I tried to simply ignore them, but when I saw this woman had a sign that said..."

She hesitated. "Forgive me, it said: 'Mutie doctor lives, human children die. Bad trade.' "

Her fists, she didn't realize, were clenched and trembling again. Compose yourself Sooraya, keep it together, but before she could retreat, the floodgates opened.

"I am not allowed to be here right now, according to the O*N*E, and the staff at the Institute is agreeing with them, because we'll only make things worse if we try to fight it while the Mansion is a refugee camp for the 198, and we can't afford to lose anyone else right now. They say that's why the Sentinels are there, to protect us, and maybe they're exactly right because when we had to send away our classmates who had- had lost their powers, they killed them, the Purifiers destroyed a bus full of them just like Nitro killed those poor people in Stamford- peace be upon all of them. I and the rest of the New X-Men went to stop Stryker and the rest of them*, and we...we did, but we lost people too. They- they deceived Icarus into helping them, our own teammate, into trying to kill me, and he was killed along with Stryker. I thought that he...that is to say, his mother told me that he thought I..."

She shook her head, the words didn't come. "We were allowed to go on a trip afterwards by the O*N*E squad- to 'blow off steam' they said. This was just after news of the Stamford tragedy got out. They took us into Salem Center, but we were not welcome- and not just as mutants. I heard what the people there were saying to us, and thought of what had happened to us since the Purifiers attacked, and since 'M-day', and I just...ran. Well. I flew."

Sooraya paused, and finally exhaled, fully comprehending what had happened over the last few weeks for the first time. Beast continued to hunch across from her, allowing her to speak freely with a passively concerned expression on his face. "I still do not know how exactly I got away. Maybe these Sentinel pilots were sympathetic from having to live with us. I do not know. I managed to get to New York City, trying not to think of what had happened or draw any attention. I was even thinking of going back home, when I heard on the news that you had been at the Raft and at Broxton and now you and these other great superheroes were reforming the Avengers...I thought you were someone who I could trust, who wasn't in any danger. I just needed to find somewhere safe. I assumed Avengers Tower was as safe as one could be, but lately, I am not so sure."

All of a sudden her voice gained strength, even if her eyes showed it was slightly desperate. "Please do not tell me to go back to the Mansion, Professor, because I tell you I will not go. Not while it is a prison and a bull's eye all in one. I am a capable fighter and a New X-man, Emma Frost chose me herself, and I am not going to hide and wait to be attacked at this time of crisis. I have come here to ask you what is going on and how I may help solve it. What is going to happen to mutantkind now? Is it true that the Mutant Registration Act is going to be expanded? How are the New Avengers going to stop another tragedy from erupting?"

When she ran out of things to say, she became acutely, painfully aware of the silence and of how much she had just said. Much more self-consciously she added a quiet "Please forgive me if I have offended you."

*See New X-men #25 -Ed.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Hercules

Hercules smiles wide to the good Doctor. "I had thought you might never ask." He starts to check for a way to open the windows and jump down to the street, but then reconsiders wisely - wouldn't want to appear threatening, after all, or risk landing on anything breakable. "We should get down there as quickly as we may. To the express elevator!" He runs to the elevator and presses the button, feeling somewhat disappointed that it doesn't open immediately - standing around waiting for it, even if momentarily, is not exactly his style. He looks sheepishly back to Strange. "So..." The Prince of Power scratches the back of his neck and clears his throat.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Doctor Strange

The Sorcerer Supreme quirks an eyebrow. "Allow me." With a more substantial and arcane gesture than the norm, Strange calls upon his mastery of the mystic arts, and opens the veil beyond which the illusion of Maya the grand play of the universe is eliminated. In less technical terms, he teleports the pair to the outside of the building, right behind the ring of Stark employees. "Remember, these are ordinary men and women, afraid but not evil. Do not let them egg you into conflict."

I seriously don't think I need to roll to teleport two dudes a couple hundred feet, yeah?

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist

Reaching forward to adjust the microphone carefully to avoid feedback, Iron Fist cleared his throat and began.

"Certainly Senator. At the time of the Stamford attack Dr. McCoy, Dr. Stark, Dr. Strange and I were engaged in combat against international criminal and dictator Victor Von Doom in the town of Broxton, Oklahoma. Jennifer Walters and the individual known as the Spider-man were also there and provided critical assistance. Von Doom had constructed some sort of weather-control based doomsday device and in his own words intended to "Overthrow the corrupt and weak regimes of the world, and secure mankind's place beneath the rule of DOOM."

Taking a drink of bottled water, he looked out at the faces of the senators trying to think back to the corporate briefing as to which ones were most recently bribed contacted by Rand-Meachum corporate lobbyists.

"With the assistance of SHIELD agents called on site by Dr. McCoy, we destroyed several of Von Doom's robotic weapons of mass destruction and cornered his final robot copy at the crash site of Thor's Hammer, which was apparently the power source Von Doom had been siphoning energy from in order to power his weather-control device. In the ensuing combat I picked up the Hammer, the doomsday device was disabled, and the robot fled by some means we can only assume to be teleportation."

Since I'm away from Mjolnir right now can I shutdown the Gear for a PP? I think I'm out and it would be good to have one on hand so that I can... based off of my Business Expert d8 Specialty come up with some sort of Rand-Meachum Corporate Lobbyists asset for this scene?

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Hercules
Buddy d8, 1 pp, Stress: NA

Hercules nods in appreciation. "A much more dramatic entrance, friend Stephen. I am grateful." Feeling much more confident now that he isn't standing and waiting, but can instead take action, Hercules holds his arms out in front of himself and, in a booming voice, addresses the crowd of protestors. "Well met, all! Hercules is here to address your concerns and earn your praises! What would you have me do?" He does his best to give a bright, friendly smile to all, and bows his head slightly to the superhero supporters, showing that he is grateful for their presence.

Wasn't sure whether to roll or not, but I'll give it a shot - I'm using d8 for buddy, d8 for Prince of Power (trying to look as regal as possible) and not much else I think I can use. Charming the crowd: 1d8 1 1d8 8 Ouch. Well I get another pp, at least, and it looks like total was 8 with a d4 effect die (since I've got nothing else to use). And I'll still say if we're taking turns that I'll let the crowd go next so we can let them decide whether this is going to wind up being a confrontation or not.

Lager fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 7, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Black Cat

Cautious that this could go very wrong just as easily as it could go very right, Black Cat pushed her luck. "That would be great Whitney! I'm looking for Tony's files on something called Extremis? A hard copy, that is. He wanted to pass it along to some of us New Avengers, just to get caught up on. Do you know where he might keep something like that?"

The key to selling a lie was to say what the other person wanted to hear, and to say it like you believed it. Playing dumb was simple, and almost always excusable if you were friendly and sweet about it. Cat was hoping that whoever Whitney was, she'd be just as susceptible to her charm as anyone else.

Rolling to sweet-talk a machine: Solo d10, World-Class Thief d8, Psych Expert d8.
Total is 13, d10 Effect.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Herc & Strange

Yeah, sorry, you barely failed that roll. Rolled a 9.

"Yeah, I'll tell you what you can do!" Someone from the anti-Avengers crowd shouted, "you can tell us why we should listen to someone even though they're the problem!"

"Watch your mouth," a voice came from the pro-hero crowd, "he's saved the Earth before! He's a hero!"

"I got your hero right here..." a short man with dark complexion growled. He hauled back and pushed through the barricade, swinging his STARK IS A WAR PROFITEER sign like a bat at someone from the opposite side. Someone else threw a punch, and poo poo was ON.

So here's how it goes: the collective fight, both sides is a 3d6 team. They also have a general complication that starts at D10 to represent their general fightiness. When you reduce that to 0, then the crowd is finally split up and you can disperse them.

Airplane!

The mob rolls a 13 with a d6 effect so my Doom Pool goes to 1d10 3d8 1d6.

Rather than inspiring fear in the mob, they reacted in quite the opposite way. They became rather irate, claiming that someone else here was one of those filthy non-humans and they would find her no matter what. They began interrogating passengers, pulling open compartments, and searching the closets on board, looking for the source of the illusions.

Rather than act, the cult continues to serve as a barrier to keep you from intervening.

"Yes!" Crusader shouted to them, "if anyone else here hides that cursed power, seek them out, for it is our duty to punish the wicked! ...Now, speaking of..." Irate that Mystique had slipped away from his last blow, he took a drink cart from the back of the aisle and kicked it, sending it barreling down the aisle at her as if it had been shot out of a cannon.

Roll is D10 solo, D10 strength, D8 Zealous, D8 Doom Pool gives a 15 with a d10 effect Spending 2d8 from my Doom Pool to both add an extra dice and then add it into my total. 1d0 1d8 2d6 after your opportunity, which gives you a PP.

Black Cat

Rolling with the Doom Pool gives me a 17. Sorry bro, but it's really more interesting this way anyway.

The blue lens on the tower closed up in an approximation of a squint. "Mr. Stark does not keep material notes on Extremis." WHITNEY said, suddenly different in tone. "He keeps all information on his Extremis abilities stored on drive STARK-1, along with all his personal video footage. I'm sorry, but I have to sound an alarm now."

Dust, Beast & Dan

Beast placed a reassuring hand on Dust's shoulder and suggested she have a seat. The chairs in Dan's office were more like bench seating, but they were better than nothing. Hank's massive frame crowded its way next to her as he stared her in the eye and spoke. "Listen, Sooraya. I'm not going to make you go back. If you are right and the O*N*E* officers let you go on purpose, then you will only stir up more trouble for everyone. Coming to me was the smart thing to do. Right now, Tony and Iron Fist are in Washington D.C. talking to Congress. They are men with... a lot of pull. You remember your political science lessons, correct? If any one of us can get them to listen, it will be them."

"I understand your frustration, honestly. But we cannot simply force people to change. It is my hope that I am doing my part here, with the Avengers, to set an example. That may never be enough for some people, but for every J. Jonah Jameson in the world, there are hundreds of people who are thankful for us and what we do. Even if we can't sway everyone with our words and our actions, there are many people who are unsure right now. Eliminating hatred from the mind of every person on Earth might be outside the scope of our team, but I know we can get people on our side, and those beliefs will become socially unacceptable. I think this is what the Professor was trying to teach me."

If you'd like to make a roll for healing your emotional stress, now would be a good time. Dr. McCoy's Mentorly Presence is a D10 asset for this purpose. Meanwhile, I'm gonna slip someone else out surreptitiously. You can, of course,

Security Chief Dan Mesjean, meanwhile, had slipped outside the. The two were having a private moment, and Mr. Stark probably didn't need him eavesdropping on someone he'd personally cleared for the top floors and let poke through the servers at will. The implant that tied Dan into the building's security network started buzzing, which meant there was an alarm tripped on the same floor he was on. Loosening his tie and doffing his jacket, Dan stalked down the corridor to WHITNEY's room, weapon at the ready. Cursing that the rooms's video feed had been taken offline to support the system's massive power needs, he slid up to the corner and took a peek around.

Washington D.C.

Yes, you can totally do that.

"We had another question for you, Mr. Rand, regarding the severity of this incident. All insinuations aside about this "weather control device" that may or may not have been functional, what was the status of civilians in the town? Were they in immediate danger?" Senator Brewer probed further, unwilling to yield the floor to questions from the rest of Congress yet.

Senator Brewer is going to make an emotional attack! D8 Browbeat, D8 Team, D8 Professional Arguer [url=]11 with a D8 effect.[/url]

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 00:09 on May 8, 2013

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist

"As far as I know Senator, the civilians of Broxton were and are unharmed as a result of the conflict. Was there a SHIELD after action report which covered the aftermath in greater detail? I didn't get anything from the private investigators Rand-Meachum sent in as part of the general efforts to help plan the reconstruction effort for the damage done by Von Doom's improvised explosives. All of the robots he scattered through the town detonated, causing massive property damage but nothing in the way of loss of life."

Although he replied coolly and evenly, Iron Fist could do little to suppress the flicker of annoyance which crossed his face at the Senator's attitude and tone. He stared back at the Senator, tense but clearly not willing to be intimidated.

"What is the status of the citizens of the town, if I may ask?"

Dudebro, these colors don't run. :911:

Young Dragon d8= 1, Buddy d10=2, Psych Expert d8=6, Rand-Meachum Corporate Lobbyists (asset) d8=2 6+2=8 d10 effect. Rolled a 1 there for you, Defiance Industries.

Except I guess where some guy in a very intimidating tie gets all up in my grill from a podium. Hey I'm a little nervous because I'm out of my element ok? Man why you gotta be a dick?

I'm going to guess that we're in a Buddy situation here since technically Agent Drew isn't a party to this sordid affair, but Tony Stark is sitting RIGHT THERE. We're buddies right?

And then, and then I'm going to hurt your feelings right back! I'm not scared of you! I punched out a dragon! It spat fire and was big enough to eat Truckasaurus and you sir, you're not big enough to eat Truckasaurus.

Young Dragon d8= 5, Buddy d10=3, Psych Expert d8=2, Rand-Meachum Corporate Lobbyists (asset) d8=4 5+4 = 9 d10 effect.

Puppies are dicks fucked around with this message at 00:45 on May 8, 2013

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Dust

She nodded as Beast responded, glad to be allowed to stay and to not be the one talking. "So you think we can still persuade people to stand by us? Even with all that's happened- when there are so few of us left?"

"If there are people still willing to listen...I have to believe that there are. But I am not so sure any act of Congress will change people's hearts. I worry that whether we have a responsibility to educate people as Professor Xavier said or not, someone will have to prove that superhumans- us especially- are not their enemies. That even now, we are willing to extend a hand to them in friendship."

Thoughts of the refugees on the grounds of the Institute bubbled up in her mind, the things people bitterly whispered when the Sentinels weren't watching or sometimes shouted just to provoke them. Not everyone forced to stay there now had been raised with Xavier's ideals. "I mean...we are willing, right?"

I was hoping there'd be a chance! Rollin' to heal stress, Buddy D6, Village Hero D8, Mentorly Presence D10: 12 with a meager D4 effect and rolled an opportunity

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 8, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Black Cat
"No hard feelings, Whitney." Cat said, as she rolled into action. "This would have been too easy otherwise, I suppose." she mentally added as she ran halfway up the wall, bounded to the top of a large computer bank, and jumped from there to grab a chrome-plated beam on the ceiling. She swiftly pulled herself up into the tangle of pipes and wires above the room, hidden from view. Though she had hopped to find another maintenance duct or a vent to climb into, none of the ones she saw were quite suitable for making an escape. "Plan B, then."

Stark security would respond quickly; too quickly for her to change course and leave the way she'd come in, plus Whitney would know she was up in the rafters, and with no means of escape, hiding was out of the question. Time for an ambush. With luck, she could neutralize the response quick enough to vanish, and regroup. At the very least, she knew what she was looking for now, thanks to Whitney, and there were only so many places the inconspicuously named STARK-1 drive could be. All she'd need was a way in, or the physical hard-drive itself. Bonus if she could get any other valuable data while she was there.

Cat's plotting was interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps, and a head peeking around the doorframe now directly below her. "Just one guy? Too easy. Too easy by far, Mr. Stark."

"Head's up, handsome!" With the grace of her namesake, Black Cat dropped off the exceptionally narrow ledge she'd been perched on, twisted in mid air, grabbed the lip of the doorframe, and swung herself toward the man's face to deliver a powerful double kick!

Activating my Multipower SFX to use two Cat Suit powers.
Kicking the security officer in the face!: Dice pool is Solo d10, I'm no Hero d8, Enhanced Reflexes d6, Enhanced Strength d6, and Acrobatic Expert d8.
Blurg. Total is 14, with d6 effect, and I rolled two opportunities.

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 8, 2013

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Black Cat

Reaction pool is D10 solo, 3D8 Ex-SWAT distinction, enhanced reflexes and enhanced durability. 12 with a D8 effect. End result is D4 physical stress.

Felicia's kick landed square in his chest, which gave almost nothing to her impact, though it did stagger the man some. It felt like he was wearing a tactical vest under his suit; not out of the question for people in his line of work. Dan staggered back two steps, then shook off the feeling of disorientation. "I was hoping this was just a false alarm. I'm going to have to ask you to answer a few questions.." He rushed forward quickly two steps, than ducked forward and drove his shoulder into her midsection while sweeping her leg out with his leading foot, trying to take her down and restrain her. His hands, which seemed to be encased in some hard, matte black gloves, locked around her upper arms as he pushed forward with his weight to take them both to the floor. "Let's start with how you got here!" He barked.

Trying to inflict a "Restrained" complication (here I was worried about Bendising it up and now I'm going all Claremont on you). D10 solo, D10 combat master, D8 I Never Asked For This distinction, D8 enhanced strength. Roll is a 13 with a D10 effect.

Dust

I rolled an 11 with a d8 effect, so your stress steps down to a very manageable D4.

"Well, what I said goes both ways, Sooraya," Hank said. "We can't make every mutant feel the same way we do. All we can do is set a good example for them. I am not on the Avengers just to set a good example for baseline humans, after all. It has always been my most sincere hope that my actions will inspire mutants not to isolate themselves from the world around them, but to embrace it. It would have been easy for me to say that, because of the way I look, no normal human would ever accept me, but I was never satisfied with that. I wanted to show everyone that there was a place for me."

He paused awkwardly and pretended to clean his glasses for a second. "My, I sound like I'm overselling myself quite a bit. Have you eaten, my dear? Did you bring anything with you? Our gracious host has provided accommodations and I cannot simply let you go without."

Washington D.C.

The Senator looked like he was taken aback by what was thrown in his face. Accusations of ignorance and that Rand's agents knew more about the situation than him did not sit will. "Well, Mr. Rand, I have here in my hand reports that say that the people of Broxton were actually being protected from collateral damage by the effect Victor von Doom put in place! In fact, recordings show that it wasn't until you started meddling with said effect that anyone entered the line of fire. What do you say to to defend your wanton endangerment of citizens?"

"What are the long-term effects of forcibly pushing a person out of phase with their native dimension?" Iron Fist asked, standing up. "Do you know, Senator?Dr. Reed Richards found that there is a very real chance of people in that situation losing connections to their home worlds entirely. Are you suggesting that we let these people be pushed from their home world into horrifying alternate universes? Perhaps an alternate universe where Apocalypse rules America, committing mass human genocide? It would not only have been irresponsible to let Doom continue with his weather control apparatus, but irresponsible to these good people to let them eventually be cut adrift, only to land in a nuclear-scorched hellscape where the apocalypse has had an apocalypse. I don't know if any of you have have ever been to one, but every alternate Earth I've ever been to or heard about has been the most terrifying thing imaginable, and I'm not going to let people get thrown in one because the kind of danger they're in doesn't come with explosions." Greeted with applause, Iron Fist took a seat.

"Danny, I didn't know you read Reed's paper." Tony whispered to him. "drat, that was pretty clever."

Iron Fist winked back at him. "Wait, what does that mean?" Tony asked.

Holy poo poo, I just rolled the absolute worst roll possible. A 0 with a D4 effect. That means you have just stressed out Senator Brewer, humiliating him on the Senate floor, and earned a congressional asset for later in the process. I kind of wanted to stretch out this confrontation a little longer but given the emotional dropkick you just dealt, I'm gonna have to borrow you so I can keep things moving. But now that that has come to a very swift conclusion, here comes the next step of the adventure!

As Congress began to applaud Iron Fist's sheer, crazy audacity, a thunderous boom came from outside the Congressional building. The Senate began to murmur among themselves as Jessica's earpiece got a call from the SHIELD agents outside. "You better hurry," the call said. "Three guys. Superpowers. You asked us to watch a thing, we're not packing anything bigger than small arms. Repeat, HURRY."

The three of them charged out of the Senate floor, panic erupting all around them as the sounds of blasts got progressively louder. As they pushed through the masses spilling out to the Capital Mall, they could see the source of the commotion. Three supervillains were currently rampaging through the reflecting pool: Moonstone and the Titanium Man, and most notably Electro, who had brought about the Breakout in the first place. They fired off bolts of energy at random, seemingly more concerned with the arrangement of the beams than any accuracy.

Staring straight ahead at the battle, Tony looked at Iron Fist. "Guess we should suit up. You wanna say the Thing, or should I?"

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 10:43 on May 8, 2013

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Dust

"I was going to the shwarma restaurant across the street, but the crowd was in the way. After a week spent in youth hostels, I would welcome Avengers hospitality."

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 20:30 on May 8, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jessica Drew
0 PP, no stress, d8 Agents On Our Side

Jess claps along with the rest at Danny's rebuttal. Looks like Stark's put together the smartest Avengers team in history. Who else could they round up? Reed Richards, maybe? Doc Samson? Perhaps--

The explosion shakes her out of her thoughts. Voices shouting in her ear. She transmits as she runs.

"Alright, if your guns are no good you're on crowd control. Get people calm, get people safe. You know the drill."

Once outside she climbs one of the Capitol columns, getting out of the crowd for a better view. Titanium Man: Like Iron Man but bigger and Russian. Moonstone: Like the Vision but not a robot. Electro: Like... a rat. But electric.

...maybe she should spend more time reading the files.

"Are they just... rampaging?" she wonders aloud. "What are they even doing here?"

I'm not going to say the Thing, not even being properly in the club. Iron Fist-and-Hammer, it's all you.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist

"Well I was kind of worried about the aftereffects of all that mystical energy and dimensional shenanigans, I mean it'd be terrible for us to rescue the town only to have them all get cancer ten years down the line. Buuut, hypothetically I may have just paraphrased Valeria Richards circa this morning after hanging out and doing yoga with Sue and Ben."

Looking at the three villains making their way across the Capital Mall, he grinned inwardly in relief at not having to spend the rest of a beautiful afternoon indoors.

"I'm thinking this is some sort of distraction play. You sure? Alright, I've got this then-"

With a deft leap and roll he sweeps up the Hammer, raising it high towards the sky and giving a mighty shout-

"AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!"

Wow that is a spectacularly bad roll. I was originally planning on goading him into admitting it was all magical shenanigans (and maybe call for Dr. Strange for a consult), possibly humiliating him when he had to admit on national Tv that the basis of his argument depended on counting on the humanitarian principles of a crazy guy in metal underpants with a literal pact with the devil, but this is much faster and better thank you. I'll snag the Hammer and say the thing.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jessica Drew
0 PP, no stress, Agents On Our Side d8

Three targets. One bulletproof, one intangible... and Electro. Besides, Pete smacked him down all the time - how hard could it be?

"You at the northeast corner," Jess says into her lapel mic. "Count three, then spray some bullets Electro's way. You don't have to hit him, I just need him looking your way."

The bullets fly. Electro looks. Jess kicks off the pillar and swoops down the Mall - can Spider-Man do that? - descending on the distracted villain with intent to harm.

Flying kick to Electro's head! Pool is team d10, helpful agents d8, flight d6, superhuman strength d10, and combat expert d8.
Total 12, d10 effect: 1d10 6 1d8 6 1d6 3 1d10 5 1d8 6

Tag Iron Fist. Get hammerin'!

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Mystique
Buddy [D8]; PP: 3; Stress: None

Mystique isn't fast enough this time, and she is hit squarely by the beverage cart. "Ooof!" she cries as she goes sprawling into the emergency exit. No no no no, don't blow out the plane Raven. (Dodging The Crusader Again: 3#1d8 2 1 3 1d6 3 Oh god. 5 with a D8 effect die and one opportunity.)

She stands and grabs a can of Coke off the cart, pitching it directly at the Crusader. "Time to end this before anyone else gets hurt." (Going nova on his armored butt. Spending one PP to add a stunt for distracting him with an exploding can of pop. Then I'm going to blow a PP and Second Wind this. So, Buddy D8+Adapt or Die D8+Enhanced Reflexes D10+Stunt D8+Combat Expert D8+the Crusader's D6 physical stress die. Beating the crap out of the Crusader: 1d10 6 3#1d8 7 6 6 1d6 6 Then I'll spend a PP and add in an extra die for the total. So 19 total with a D10 effect die. Hopefully that's enough to take him out for good.)

"Thwok!" Goes the can across the Crusader's helmet, spraying him with liquid. Out of the obscuring mist comes Mystique's fists playing across his head. "Bam bam!" and the Crusader goes reeling.

(In conclusion, one opportunity and a D10 right to the Doom Pool. Mystique now has 1 PP and no Stress.)

edit: My mysterious friend can go next.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 8, 2013

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Doctor Strange

Burning irony of ironies, Hercules was just too friendly. Too grateful. Too HEROIC. He was everything the people in the street were not, literally made of different stuff. Or something like that. Maybe the first fellow was just racist against Greek people. At any case, Doctor Strange needs to settle this. He calls upon his mystic patrons to acquire the Voice of the Vishanti, a spell of simple but potent effect. He then says something. What each person in the crowd hears is heard by no one else, a specific phrase or sentence tailored to his or her own outlook and perception. A specific phrase or sentence delivered by their closest loved ones. It wasn't subtle, and would definitely get Stephen booted from a debate tourney. but it's really hard to run riot while your mother is asking you why you aren't calling her instead.

SORCERY d12, Mystic Master d10, Earth's Arcane Defender d8, buddy d8, spending a plot point to create a mystic stunt (magical spell bullshitting) gives me a d8 and a D6 thanks to Alliterative Invocations. Creating a complication: Nagging Conscience. 1d12, 1d10, 3d8, 1d6

SIM SIM SALLABIM: 1d10 9 1d12 9 3#1d8 8 2 2 1d6 1
So an 18 with a stepped up effect die of d10 and a 1.

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist
PP:2

K-Mart Iron Man knockoff, lightshow in a bikini, or guy who turns into lightning? Iron Fist looked at the incoming array of supervillians and made the right choice.

"Electro? Meet Mjolnir. Mjolnir, Electro."

Twirling the Hammer in his grasp, Iron Fist sweeps forward and hurls it with a mighty throw. Something felt odd despite the perfect throw, and he looked down at his open hands.

"Huh. There's no... pizzaz."

I don't think I've rolled against the Doom Pool yet so sadly Mjolnir will have to remain unactivated. I will however activate my SFX: Iron Fist and double up Enhanced Strength for the purposes of this action to punch a guy in the face. From a distance, with an otherwise still dangerous hammer.

Team 6=6, Immortal Weapon d8= 2, Enhanced Strength d8=1, Enhanced Strength d8=2, Combat Master d10=4 6+4 = 10 d8 effect and that's another 1 there for you.

I'll pass to Electro next.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Black Cat
XP: 1; Affiliation: Solo d10; PP: 1; Stress: none;
"Ohf! This guy not only has police training, he has actual experience from the look of things." Black Cat mused as they tumbled to the ground. "But he clearly doesn't know who he's tangling with!"

reaction roll: Solo d10, I'm no Hero d8, Enhanced Reflexes d8, Combat Expert 2d6.
Total is 11, effect d10.

Unfortunately for Cat, he was good enough to block her attempt at exploiting their momentum to toss him up and over her head with her knee.

"Well you know how it is, I was with the tour group and I stopped to take a picture, but when I looked up they'd already left!" Cat struggled against the security officer, attempting to free an arm, or gain enough leverage to reverse or throw the hold…

Black Cat, in lieu of a better option, is going to attempt to break free of the grapple.
Break grapple: Solo d10, World-Class Thief d4 (she's been caught, and her escape isn't going as smoothly as she figured,) Enhanced Strength d8, Combat Expert d8. Total is 9, effect d10. Welp.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Stark Tower

Dice pool is 3d6 team, 1d8 Rising Tensions distinction, 1d10 for the complication in place. WHY DO I ROLL SO POORLY 10 with a d6 effect, two opportunities. Looks like you get to skip this part of the encounter!

The crowd, as if they were suddenly realizing the gravity of what they were doing, collectively seemed to slink off in shame. Then, from the back of the crowd, a voice. "This isn't supposed to be happening! What are you doing; get back there and fight each other!" The team noticed a man who had as much of his skin covered as possible, even though it was spring in New York City. And yet... purple suit.

"For someone attempting to disguise himself..." Hercules said, "I am confused by his outfit. That IS the Purple Man, yes?"

Meanwhile, upstairs...

"It would seem the trouble outside is clearing up," Hank announced happily, looking out of the office window. "Wait a moment..." He peered down with his keen bestial vision and noticed something. "I think perhaps my fellow Avengers might need our aid. That man down there is no ordinary person."

While most windows in towers were floor to ceiling glass, in the sealed floors of Stark Tower such as this one, they actually swung out. Hank supposed that was smart, when so many of your guests were capable of flying in under their own power. He pushed the glass out and the whole pane swung sideways. "I hope this isn't asking more than you are comfortable doing. I realize it's a very long way down, even in your sand form."

Airplane!

So Crusader rolls a 17 with a D10 effect, which takes him up to D10 stress. I also spend a D8 from the Doom Pool so he can go next.

The Crusader fell backwards, sputtering and enraged. "You... you are MOCKING me?" With a strength borne of madness and who knows what else, he charged straight into Mystique. "Brothers! I shall drag this foul witch down with me! Carry on the fight!" He shouted at his followers. As he charged forward, borne on madness-driven strength, Mystique felt her back slam against the bulkhead of the plane. And worse... she felt it give behind her.

I'm going to take that D10 you gave me and add it into the pool. So it's D10 solo, D10 superhuman strength, d10 doom pool, d8 zealous, d8 combat expert. And holy poo poo, I rolled a 20 with a d10 effect. Doom pool is at 1d10 1d8 2d6 (after buying your opportunity). Fail this roll and poo poo IS ABOUT TO GET ILL. After the reaction, Mystery Friend is go!

Washington D.C.

With the two people coming at him at once, Electro actually... frowned. "Really, look at what they're throwing at us. Iron Man with no armor, some kind of karate Thor, and Spider-Man's younger sister. I think we need to show them how seriously we need to be taken!" A bubble of electrical energy exploded out from him in all directions, pushing back against both attacks.

Pool is d10 team, d10 electrical mastery, d8 More Power! for a 13 roll with a d10 effect against Spider-Woman putting him at d10 stress. Against Iron Fist he rolls a 9 with a d10. End result, he's at d10 stress, doom pool steps to 1d10 2d8 3d6.

Mjolnir came crashing into Electro's midsection and he went tumbling end over end, skipping off the surface of the reflecting pool no more than three times before coming to a stop, absolutely fuming with rage. Both he and Moonstone opened up on Danny at once, their massive blasts of energy headed straight for him, while the Titanium Man rocketed towards Spider-Woman with a crushing overhand blow.

Okay, rolls for Iron Fist: Electro's is 1d12 electrical blast, 2d8 team Don't Get No Respect. 12 with a d8 effect and one opportunity you can buy with a PP to reactivate Mjolnir. Moonstone has 1d10 energy blast, 2d8 Bound to Power and Combat Expert, 1d6 team. 7, d8 effect.

Rolls for Spider-Woman: D12 Godlike Strength, 2d8 High-Power Mercenary and Combat Expert, 1d6 team. 14 with a d8 effect.. Start of the next turn will be Iron Fist!

Meanwhile from a distance, Tony watched helplessly as he attempted to pinpoint his position for an armor drop from a Stark drone plane. Come on come on come on...

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 10:39 on May 9, 2013

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Ikzayal
Buddy D8, PP 2, Stress: none

Never mind, this part was all Ronan's idle musing while he programmed the airport computers to randomly pop up "5K4U11Z 5UXX0R LOL" alerts. The real post is here.

Alana slapped her forehead. She could not believe how badly she just screwed that up. Though instead of feeling ashamed, she just felt annoyed.

Then one of the cultists leaned over her and started barking for her to hand over her carry-on luggage. "Screw you," she told the red-faced, balding man waving the Daily Bugle in her face. And then he actually bopped her on the head.

"Oh, that's it," she said and stood up. Anger washed over her and through her. Memories from Titan battle school combine with an atavistic memory of the Unimind. Into the man's brain, Alana blasted the image of being in the void of space, naked, cold yet burned by cosmic rays, the air ripped out of his lungs, his eyes boiling in impossible cold. Next she attempted to stab into the next cultist's mind, and the next, letting their pain and horror build on each other in an ever-increasing ocean of anguish. This was harder than anything she's attempted before and she began to feel suddenly strained....

OOC: She's got some aggression to work out, sure, but hey, she just got back from visiting family for a week and you know how stressful that can be! Anyway, here's my dice pool (spending 1 PP for a Mind Control stunt):
Buddy D8 + Alien Flashbacks D8 + Mind Control D10 + Psych Expert D8 + Pain Feedback Loop D8, 10 with D8 effect and 2(!) Opportunities
Really she should have just blasted these idiots into submission. *sigh*

Mystique is next! Try not to die!

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 04:27 on May 10, 2013

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Jessica Drew
0 PP, d8 physical stress, Agents On Our Side d8

Jess spots the armoured villain inbound and peppers him with venom blasts to distract him, twisting herself at the last second - but not quite fast enough. The metal fist connects and Jess is sent splashing to earth, the shallow reflecting pool doing nothing to cushion the impact. Spider-reflexes bring her right back to her feet, ribs aching, sparks of bio-electricity jumping from her fingers.

Dodge the attack! Pool is d10 team, d8 venom blasts, d10 superhuman reflexes, 2d6 acrobatics expert. Fail. : 1d10 4 1d8 2 1d10 4 1d6 2 1d6 1

Total 6, d10 effect, 1 opportunity. I make that a d8 stress unless he's got something fancy going on.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
Dust
Solo D8, 2 PP, Stress: D4 Emotional

Enjoying Stark Industries hospitality had consisted of eating exactly one halal energy bar (which was admittedly quite considerate) from the security office mini-fridge before Beast looked out the window at the spectacle 72 stories below. Sooraya hurried to the open window, steadying herself against the next window's edge as the wind ruffled her abaya and made her stomach turn over.

"You mean the purple-colored dot?" She couldn't make out details at this height like her hairy mentor could, but there did seem to be someone standing apart from the rest of the crowd and looking more than slightly garish. Apparently the proto-angry mob hadn't dissipated, and not just because of the potent inciting power of posterboard.

"Miss Frost has trained us hard in the Danger Room. It is not the height that worries me," she replied rather defensively, "or at least not as much as the crowd. If they panic, and my reflexes are not good enough, I could do much worse than frighten them."

She stepped closer to the ledge and struggled to resist the urge to look down. "So, I will have very good reflexes."

Crouching in a ready position, the wind tugging at her niqab, she thought very briefly of the Danger Room before announcing "Race you to the bottom" and leaping out into the void. A second later, she burst.

Her awareness expanded naturally through the swirling cloud of sand, even pulling a few silicate particles away from the floor-to-ceiling windows to keep from scarring them. It took a moment of mild panic to verify that she was no longer in freefall, but hovering. Which meant she could safely dive. Forming herself into a spiral, she hurtled downward too quickly for anyone below to glance up and notice the rapidly descending sandstorm. She had time on the way down to get a clearer look at the man in the gloves, ski mask and loud purple suit- Sooraya made it a point to not judge how people dressed, but the arrogantly shouted commands were a proverbial red flag. Rather than lacerate the pavement (and the protesters) when she hit the ground, she pulled her form into a cyclonic barrier just the right thickness to separate the man in purple from the gathered crowd without touching either.

"Do not be afraid," the cyclone echoed in as soothing a disembodied voice as she could muster. "You will be unharmed if you stay still."

I think what I want to do here is inflict a Complication on the Purple Man to make the crowd harder to mind control. Solo D8 (for now), Voice in the Wind D4 (+1 PP) because the crowd is probably utterly spooked, Covert Expert D8 for the surprise drop-in, Sand Mastery 2D10 plus D6 from Versatile and All is Dust SFX: 16 with a D10 effect and one opportunity. Creating the D10 Complication Can't Reach His Puppets.

Also I think I have 4 xp currently, 3 for opening up to a 'teammate' and now +1 for discussing lethal force.

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 9, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppies are dicks
Jan 31, 2011

Immortal Iron Fist
PP:3

Time seemed to slow down for Iron Fist as he leapt backwards to the top of the steps, and in the distance he watched as both villains made their choice and released their respective bolts of energy at him. Mjolnir, returned magically to his hand despite the long distance throw throbbed with force, and without bothering to move he simply swept the Uru Hammer in an arc before him catching the lightning and absorbing it harmlessly.

"Ah there we go, just needed a jump. Thanks."

Stepping forward half a step to avoid the worst of Moonstone's barrage, he grips the Hammer and on a whim leans back partially into it to have his suspicions confirmed when the blast fizzles against his hardened skin.

"Miss, I'm not trying to sound patronizing here but as an equal opportunity hero I WILL hit you with this hammer. Please stop."

Nodding to Moonstone as he passes her, Iron Fist dashes across the battlefield towards Electro with surprising swiftness, raising the hammer and catching the other man with the head full on.

I'll certainly buy the opportunity and reactivate Mjolnir.

Weather Electro's attack by just virtue of just standing still and smacking it aside with a magic hammer.

Team 6=6, Immortal Weapon d8= 3, Enhanced Stamina d8=3, Mjolnir(Weapon) d10= 4, Acrobatic Master d10=9 9+6 = 15 d10 effect.

Walk off/ignore Moonstone's attack.

Team 6=3, Immortal Weapon d8= 5, Enhanced Stamina d8=1, Mjolnir(Superhuman Durability) d10= 7, Acrobatic Master d10=6 7+6 = 13 d8 effect with another 1 for you assuming you want it.

THEN I'll take another run at Electro and hit him with a hammer, and spend another PP to grab that d6(4) roll to add to my roll.

Team 6=4, Immortal Weapon d8= 2, Enhanced Speed d8=1, Mjolnir(Weapon) d10= 5, Combat Master d10=7 5+7+4= 16 d8 effect with another 1 there if you want it.

I'll pass to Jessica Drew next.

• Locked thread