Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal
I always "liked" how saving throws are basically never explained and the base values for them are buried in the combat terms glossary that's copypasted into every palladium book.

Also I've always been amused by Kevin's love of bizarrely specific percentages such as '23% of all people of race X hold Y viewpoint'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
I remember one of the books ranting that lasers are silent and using turning on a flashlight as an example. No crack or loud discharge of energy there right? Exactly the same. :smuggo:

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Yeah and his grasp of the usefulness of military hardware is... dubious. Half the stuff that Golden Age Weaponsmiths digs up and retrofits would be museum pieces NOW, much less in 100 years. The canonical KS tank is the vietnam era M48. It comes up all over palladium stuff and I honestly think its just because he had a picture of one lying around that he could reuse.

On the other hand I approve of the notion of incredibly ancient POS MBTs being refitted with building destroying murderlasers!

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

50 Foot Ant posted:

The idea that the CS would shun magic is interesting in theory but let's face it, when your back is against the wall you grab at everything. And going straight by the book for attitudes and tech creep will just make everything somehow 'meh' instead of the kickass thing it should be.

For what it's worth one of the books actually brings up a secret cabal of coalition magic users left over from before the CS and the Federation of Magic had their little falling-out.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Tough posted:

accident of nature survived to the present day.

The coelocanth of elfgames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Asimo posted:

Honestly the only reason I'll give him the benefit of the doubt is because I can't imagine anyone outside the industry in any place or time, ever, actively seeking the endorsement of Kevin Siembieda.

That's better.

• Locked thread