Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Ahh, Rifts. The first RPG I ever GMed. We had a lot of 'house rules' to cover the poo poo that K forgot to put in. Like perception and noticing things. Fun times. I was pretty active on the old mailing list ran by 'Gabriel' easy back in the early 90s. Under the handle RifterDan and TalenSoti I made some RCCs and a lot of robots and power armor for the system. Looking into my palladium collection I still have original posters for NightSPAWN along with the NightSPAWN RPG book. I collected many of the books and have first printings for everything from world book 10 juicer uprising to the ultimate edition. If anyone wants me to look up anything just ask here or PM me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Is it just me or did anyone else need almost an hour to roll up a character?

My group averaged about 1.5 hours to build a character, from stats to skills to equipment.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
Believe me I know about not letting players have access to some of the more "unusual" OCCs (cj carellas books come to mind). Right now, I'm currently planning a post Tolkien war campaign just using the new main book and adventure book.

BTW, is anyone here from the web ring /mailing list? I ask because I am curious. One of my handles was RifterDan and one of my ideas involved a company called hellfire industries. I was hoping that mAybe somebody saved some of the mailing list.

Talen_Soti fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 17, 2013

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

50 Foot Ant posted:

Pure AWESOMENESS!

We must have more! I love Palladium as much as any other person with battered-GM syndrome does. but you've opened my eyes to a whole new way of thinking. I had one of my home-built cities is based in Idaho using a magi-tech mix for agriculture and transportation. I miss this game... my old Hellfire Inc. Mercenary group's base used a lot of sessions of design to build properly, didnt help when we had engineers and military buffs basically describing how to properly fortify and set up. Thank you for the new way of looking at it!

With cybernetics and bionics, I always figured they would be modular and easily detatchable and adjusted by a cyber-doc/mechanic/someone with telemechanice and psychic surgery.

Talen_Soti fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 5, 2013

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

50 Foot Ant posted:

Any questions or requests for further information before we move into the CS military industrial complex and the propaganda in the CS that's taken what should be a major shining star in North America and turned it into a genocidal monster?

Since they've finally put Chi-town as on top of Colfax, IL, how big of an area do you think that the city and all its suburbs would take up? I ask because I want to set up a test cmapaign to get back into gaming and I want to see if my hometown would be swallowed up or be a burb. http://goo.gl/maps/7DNg2

There would be a nice Cache of Weaponry, tech, and gear at the Rock Island Arsenal. http://goo.gl/maps/rQTrR It is a small island, where the river level is about 10 feet deep. However, flooding(flood stage is 15 feet and the river due to the cataclysm would go up by 30+ feet) would cover the island,since the highest building is only 4 stories high. How high, do you think, would the Mississippi river actually go up?

How small could a town be and still be self sustaining?

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010
I looked in my Coalition Navy Book and there is no mention of Rock Island at all. I am really enjoying your description and rewrite of the information, and would like your opinion of that area.

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

50 Foot Ant posted:

Now, by Popular Request: Rock Island Arsenal CS Territory.

drat...I can definitely use this in my campaign

50 Foot Ant posted:

...but the factory complex that produced parts for the SAMAS railgun system and flight systems remained intact...

As a little bit of trivia, these buildings are currently building howitzers, and making the anti IED armor for our Humvee fleet. there is also an armament testing and research facility on the far east end of the island.

50 Foot Ant posted:

In approximately 15 PC (Post Cataclysm) survivors had built up a heavily defended facility, relying on the refurbished military weaponry that had been on display at the museum. However, in 19 PC a industrial leak in ruins further upriver poisoned the water badly enough with colorless, odorless, and tasteless chemicals that within 4 days everyone within the facility was dead.

The industrial leak would be probably the John Deere Manufacturing facilities, located just to the southeast of the island(river runs east to west here) or it could be the Cordova Nuclear Power Plant, about 5-6 miles up river.

50 Foot Ant posted:

Underground are shelters able to shelter the entire population of Rock Island for up to 14 months,

I like this, It gives weight to the long standing local rumor of an underground facility where LOTS of R&D is going on on the island.

50 foot ant, do you need more information that the wiki wouldn't have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Talen_Soti
Mar 30, 2010

clockworkjoe posted:

if Palladium fucks up the Robotech mini Kickstater much more, I don't see how they'll be able to weather the damage.

What did Kevin gently caress up by micromanaging this time?

• Locked thread