Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Blisster posted:

Basically Palladium is totally awesome as long as you completely ignore the rules and don't take things too seriously.
Honestly, that was always the most confusing thing about Rifts. I like it because its incredibly goofy in a fun sort of way but I can't exactly figure out whether or not its supposed to be serious. Also, does anyone have any ideas on what to play for a new Rifts character? My last character died* due to horribly bad luck and I want to see what suggestions anyone has. I'm not looking for anything broken but something that will be fun. The Splurrghh blob monster actually seems kind of fun.
*Technically didn't die according to the rules but still I want to try something new.

quote:

As I understand it, part of the "Palladium Method" is this:

1. Kevin finds a piece of art he likes by one of their artists.
2. Kevin attaches a concept and numbers to that piece of art.
3. BAM! New monster or robot or race.
4. Slot it in the next book he needs to fill page count on.
I think in D-Bees of North America there is a race that actually says "inspired by the art of" so yes they are pretty open about it. Hell I think the most hilarious class design is actually the one inspired by the Nokia N-Gage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Plague of Hats posted:

My friend used to be a huge Palladium fan, and he went in for that Heroes of the Megaverse or whatever book, where you basically just donated to Kevin and he put your name in a book that had a picture at the front and then just a bunch of names. When he got the book it turned out they spelled his name wrong.
Unless we have an unknown mutual acquaintance then it happened to my friend too. :downs:

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

A lot of it depends on the party you're fielding, of course. A party with two glitter boys, a ley line walker, a hydra hatchling, and a burster will be doing exponentially higher damage than a party with a Coalition grunt, a rogue scholar, a crazy, a cyber-doc, and a techno-wizard.
Honestly, the techno wizard typically has been the most powerful member of our group and that is actually counting a glitter boy. Magic in Rifts apparently has the tendency to bypass the word save in save vs suck and in some regards actually has the ability to take down some really nasty creatures. It gets even worst when they technically have the ability to bypass the only limitation that magic has.

• Locked thread