Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up
Too bad, Rifts is probably my favorite game Because I Played It When I Was 12. God, he's selling System Failure artwork, I remember buying that because a more "down to Earth" SDC game sounded fun, but even then I realized tying your game to Y2K would give it a limited shelf life.

If I ever got to run a Rifts game again, I'd make sure there were boxing gyms on every street corner, because everyone takes that skill if they can. Sure cynics might say it's for the extra attack, but I think in the dangerous MDC apocalypse people just like to unwind with some low-stakes padded punching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Just leaving a note here for those that don't check the PbP recruitment thread that Ryuujin is running a Rifts recruitment for a Play-by-Post game.

For those that dare to brave, dare to dream, and dare to suffer.
Good luck. Years ago I tried doing this twice and people flaked pretty early on.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I'm playing Rifts again as a Dog Boy and some of the quirks of the system are jumping out at me. Here I am in a master psionic class with a ton of ISP and nothing to do with it. The magic sniffing powers that the class is built around are free to use with a percentile roll. The sensitive psionics you get on top of that, like Sense Magic or Sense Evil (which only works on ghosts and such) are redundant with crappier range. I will never, ever run out of ISP and as a Coalition soldier I'll probably never get to use it on techno wizardry.

Sixth Sense is great and See The Invisible has utility, but again, I better be creeping around a haunted house and not flying through the air having laser battles.

BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

50 Foot Ant posted:

NG-33 Laser Pistol
That's a lot of words for The Laser Pistol So Bad It Doesn't Even Have Art. It's never been more interesting, though!

• Locked thread