Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
I spent a lot of time playing Rifts and Systems Failure in high school and my first year of college, also posted an embarrassingly lot on the company message boards around ten years ago. There was a ton of really weird cool game ideas though, like Phase World. The implementation was always a little wacky. I will always remember the drug addiction and insanity rules that were printed in almost every book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Back in 1985 it was pretty forward-thinking to get the same amount of XP for talking someone down as for killing them.

Oh yeah, I just remembered that actually one of my legit favorite adventure modules of all time was a Palladium book, specifically, Robotech New World Order. That book was sick as hell! And there weren't even all kinds of crazy rear end mecha in it or anything, it was just a cool idea for an adventure and a really, really cool setting. It was Africa, after the planet had been mostly destroyed by aliens but humans had won the war, leaving the military in nominal control of most of the continent but completely lacking the ability or political willpower to invest the resources necessary to do more than extract as many natural resources as possible. I still have it around somewhere, I think...

• Locked thread