Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
Kobashi night was neato, thanks Daryl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

coconono posted:

Then after that my dad and George Tekei have a sitdown interview.

...please tell me you mean Sheikie.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

sunsweet posted:

Raw chat and maybe something good for the playlist. Or Jem.

Oh, the heady days of watching Jem in SynchTube.

If Manflurry doesn't show I vote we talk smack about him.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

sunsweet posted:

I have it loaded up in my room already. Thinking of starting it at 6pm EDT or a bit later, not sure just yet.

If it could start a little later that would be nice. I don't usually get home from work until 6pm. :ohdear:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
So barring me actually having plans for Friday night (this won't happen) I'm thinking of showing the 90's mini-series of The Shining. Apparently some folks around here haven't seen it in all it's majesty. Starring That Guy from "Wings" instead of Jack loving Nicholson and directed by long-time Stephen King TV movie guy Mick Garris, this adaptation is much closer to the original novel yet has approximately zero atmosphere/scares/tension. But does have bad CGI lawn sculpture monsters! :wow:

I'll start at 8pm EST; as it is a mini series it's like 4 and a half hours long so we may just watch part of it unless the room collectively loses it's mind and we push on through it in one shot. The fun will be at http://psp-tv.com/r/luchadork. BE PREPARED.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

sunsweet posted:

I am so excited for this. I watched it when it aired on television and I really liked it. Also, I was like 11 and dumb. This should be great!

To be fair, I really do like this version since it's so faithful to the book, plus it's filmed on-location at the Stanley Hotel, where King wrote The Shining originally. But my god it has no finesse to it.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Funnily enough, King likes this version better and dislikes the Nicholson/Kubrick version.

King had a lot of valid complaints about Kubrick's adaptation; it's a good haunted house movie but a terrible translation of the book. King said something along the lines of, "The book is about a troubled but good man who the hotel drives crazy; Kubrick made the movie about a crazy man who just goes crazier".

sunsweet posted:

Yup. He directed the TV version specifically for that reason. It's much more faithful to his book. Thing of it is, King is a terrible director.

King wrote the teleplay but Mick Garris directed it. The mini-series keeps the books ending but also tacks on a brand new epilogue that King wrote just for the series.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

coconono posted:

I had to run out on a call last night but I got catch part of some teen sexually assaulting his teacher and getting away with it.

:gonk: :psyduck: :gonk:

Uh it's called 'seduction', the movie title said so.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Require More Fire posted:

So barring me actually having plans for Friday night (this won't happen) I'm thinking of showing the 90's mini-series of The Shining. Apparently some folks around here haven't seen it in all it's majesty. Starring That Guy from "Wings" instead of Jack loving Nicholson and directed by long-time Stephen King TV movie guy Mick Garris, this adaptation is much closer to the original novel yet has approximately zero atmosphere/scares/tension. But does have bad CGI lawn sculpture monsters! :wow:

I'll start at 8pm EST; as it is a mini series it's like 4 and a half hours long so we may just watch part of it unless the room collectively loses it's mind and we push on through it in one shot. The fun will be at http://psp-tv.com/r/luchadork. BE PREPARED.

Okay so everything seems to be going according to plan for me today (this terrifies me), thus :ghost: THE SHINING :ghost: part 1 will air tonight at 8pm at the above address.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

oatgan posted:

reminder

Don't have a definite start time yet but I'm not going to counter-program GOON1 or The Shining so it'll start after that. After that we can watch a movie about lasers and robot cops.

I'll only show the first part of The Shining and it's an hour and a half, and lasers and robots cops are probably a good companion to ghosts.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Someday Lifetime needs to do a movie where all the crazy mothers from all their movies have an all-out brawl, and I will put my money on the crazy mom from Social Nightmare.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Hey lets watch a movie about an atomic tornado. http://psp-tv.com/r/luchadork

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

coconono posted:

Short notice but at 8pm I'm watching the flick that inspired this tweet:
https://twitter.com/scatacomb/status/555485420562440192/photo/1

http://psp-tv.com/r/coconono

probably not safe for work.

Not only did that gif not happen in the movie but that movie was not safe for anyone, anywhere, especially work

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Daryl Surat posted:

I think people use OBS to stream out to a site like Livestream, then adds the private Livestream channel source to whatever Cytube site they're running off. Anyway, nobody watches Smackdown because it's a waste of time. http://psp-tv.com/r/channelofdoom 8 PM Thursday has 2 hours of wrestling that's not:

15-01-14 - Fénix vs Prince Puma[Ricochet] (LU)

In passing I read this as Fenix VS Prince Puma VS Ricochet and was like :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

This was atrocious, but I loved it.

I couldn't make it through. Barney's voice, man. What the gently caress.