Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

toggle posted:

FYI Ben Affleck is playing Dicky Simpkins in the movie about this tell all book :ssh:

And introducing Jud Buehcler as Bill Wennington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

This is great first hand, primary source reporting and I will be citing this thread in my dissertation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is oral history, the Loose Balls of the MJ steroid era

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DeimosRising posted:

This is great first hand, primary source reporting and I will be citing this thread in my dissertation.

Cite it? I'm just going to copy paste the whole thing and submit it. Plagiarism be damned; I can recognize when I can't improve on what's altered there.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Goon Project: Let's get the mainstream to media to run with this steroids story, much like the style of the Millville Meteor

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DOOP posted:

Goon Project: Let's get the mainstream to media to run with this steroids story, much like the style of the Millville Meteor

MJ's going to find out about this and have us all killed and dumped in the swamps of Carolina. It's his MO.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

C. Everett Koop posted:

Part of his comeback (which was to be announced on 9/11, obviously got shifted to the back burner and led to Jordan donating all of his modest salary to charity, which is part of Jordan/Nike's PR mastery and might be the only decent part of this story)

I actually remember this. It was a lead story on the news, until that first plane hit.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

DeimosRising posted:

MJ's going to find out about this and have us all killed and dumped in the swamps of Carolina. It's his MO.

Jordan's going to sue everyone here like former Leafs GM Brian Burke.

Or spend $10 after $10 to create accounts that just tell people to go gently caress themselves, goddamnit, I'm Michael Jordan, what do you mean I'm banned

SporkOfTruth
Sep 1, 2006

this kid walked up to me and was like man schmitty your stache is ghetto and I was like whatever man your 3b look like a dishrag.

he was like damn.
Could someone clue me in to how the Bilderbergs might factor into this? The Anglo-Jew-Dutch bankers clearly had some influence at UNC.

:sax:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

AsInHowe posted:

Or spend $10 after $10 to create accounts that just tell people to go gently caress themselves, goddamnit, I'm Michael Jordan, what do you mean I'm banned

MourningView is going to be so pissed when Gendo beats him to the punch.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Diddie posted:

Tales of Jordan being an overcompetitive rear end in a top hat never get old.

Well, here's one that never fails to blow everyone's mind when it gets told. I'm sure I'm not the first to put it out there either, but if you've ever wondered the lengths Michael Jordan would go to humiliate someone and prove that he was the best, here's one small step down that path.

Before his second and final season with the Wizard, Jordan was pitched an ad idea by Gatorade that had him playing a younger version of himself, which Jordan signed off on. The spot, entitled 23 vs. 39 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL6pYmybB9Y), was a technological marvel at the time, using face-mapping technology to make a younger Jordan for the current MJ to ball again. The face wasn't the hard part, it was finding the rest of the body. They needed a 6'-6" black male, slender build with some muscle, who could play basketball to a respectable degree but wasn't already in the league or in college (even with the different face the NCAA wouldn't allow an athlete of theirs in a commercial unless they were the ones profiting off of it), and who would be available to shoot a commercial around Jordan's schedule.

In the end they found Kevin "Special K" Daley, who had played for Azusa Pacific University and was kicking around the lower levels. Daley was brought in, made up, and went through several of Jordan's dunks to serve as B-roll and a test for the cameras and lights. As Daley dunked, Jordan and Grover, along with a small entourage for Jordan, entered the gym. Jordan saw a guy wearing his jersey, doing his dunks, and was not happy.

However, he was professional at first, and they shot the staredown stuff, then a couple of staged baskets. The director wanted the two to be even, so he had older Jordan make a play, followed by the younger one. Wanting to use nat sound, he encouraged some mild trash talk, and after Daley made his scripted shot and mildly taunted Jordan, that flipped the switch. Jordan grabbed the ball, slammed it down on the court, and said they were playing one-on-one for real. And keeping score.

Everyone panicked. The director said that the cameras had to be moved for each planned shot, Jordan told him to move them after each game. His entourage called David Falk, who basically gave Jordan carte blanche to do what he wanted. The Gatorade execs were concerned about Jordan hurting himself but they weren't about to say no. And Daley was going to get a chance to go one-on-one with his idol from him growing up.

He shouldn't have. Once the games started, Jordan beat the living poo poo out of this kid. Daley went to drive, the bigger Jordan physically bullied and bumped him, hacking away whenever Daley tried to take a weak jumper. Daley tried to get an outside game going, but Jordan called him a coward and physically bodied up on him. On offense, Jordan did whatever he wanted as Daley bit on every fake and Jordan played him like a fiddle. And talked trash. Oh did he ever talk trash.

Jordan was already known for being one of the best trash talkers in the game, but surrounded by cameras, mics, and high rollers in expensive courtside seats, he kept it mostly PG-13. But in a closed environment with someone he felt was disrespecting him (of course Jordan did), he unloaded on Daley with both barrels and kept it up. Crew members, who are no strangers to salty language, said it was a verbal beatdown they had never seen before. Every other word out of Jordan's mouth was either "motherfucker" or "human being", and Jordan never let up.

They played about six or seven games and Jordan easily won them all, Daley scoring maybe six or seven points total and getting shutout several times. As they moved the cameras, Jordan would ask questions of Daley, only to insult and curse him out upon hearing the answer. After Daley stopped responding, Jordan increased the heat even more. Towards the end, he tried to rip the Bulls jersey off of Daley's back, saying that Daley didn't deserve to be wearing it. No one dared to do anything lest Michael's steroid-enhanced wrath be directed towards them. Finally, once the director said he had all the shots he needed, Jordan grabbed the ball, autographed it, and then threw it to the other end of the gym, screaming at Daley to go chase it down and get the gently caress out of his motherfucking gym.

The problem was that they weren't done. The director had all the action shots he needed, but they still needed to do the sitdown at the end where the UNC Jordan showed up. Jordan iced down courtside, still steaming, still letting everyone know who was king. When it was time to shoot, Jordan plopped into his seat, but no one could find Daley. It took them 15 minutes before they found Daley sobbing in his car and brought him in to shoot the final scene. Daley sat down, the lights went on, Jordan flashed that charm, the director yelled cut, and Jordan told Daley to get the gently caress out of his gym again, which Daley did.

The good news is that Daley wasn't permanently scared off of basketball; he's been with the Globetrotters since '04. Gatorade, however, destroyed most of the footage and has only used videotape of Jordan for their promotions since.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
What's believable about that story is that when young Jordan gets dunking like its NBA Jam you barely see real Jordan in the shot. Young Jordan gets the best of him at first but then it's all old Jordan with exception the dunking shots. As if they were filmed early before Jordan decided to make it competitive.

That said, I have to defend steroids here and say even without the juice, MJ would have been a piece of poo poo to his younger self. UNC Jordan is lucky. He only had to walk up.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

SporkOfTruth posted:

Could someone clue me in to how the Bilderbergs might factor into this? The Anglo-Jew-Dutch bankers clearly had some influence at UNC.

The Rothschilds financed the invention of roids

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SporkOfTruth posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chYkhlCon6E

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Agenda 21 has an entire section about putting steroids in drinking water so that the lower class becomes super strong subservient workers who do manual labor at the bidding of the ruling elite or super athletic basketball players who entertain said elite.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Between that and this I can't imagine anyone wanting more citations or evidence.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

Ok, he makes associations that don't necessarily go together but, he is correct with most of the info just not the association. So if you researched you would find he is telling the truth about something, maybe not M.J. though. Stop being sheep people, everything is derived or conceived from ancient times. Its never just a sport or a movie or show etc. Oh and Michael Jordan is involved in something, if he was so loved then why does he get blocked on business endeavors. Thats why he makes crazy speeches.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

deafmute posted:

Between that and this I can't imagine anyone wanting more citations or evidence.

Jordan rips his jeans himself in fits of roid rage

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I guarentee that his steak house also uses steriod enjected beef.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

WhyteRyce posted:

Jordan rips his jeans himself in fits of roid rage
If you look closely the majority of the jackets he is wearing are entirely too large for him. The only reason that makes any sense is when he uses the steroids it makes him bulk up to that size, if he wore smaller jackets they'd just rip and he'd have to continually buy new ones.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
In 2009, a Chicago grocery store took out an ad congratulating Michael Jordan on his Hall of Fame induction for SI's commemorative Jordan issue.

Jordan being Jordan, he sued the grocery store for $5 million, for using his name. The presiding judge was not impressed.

quote:

A federal judge who labeled Michael Jordan's $5 million lawsuit against Dominick's food stores "greedy" ordered the former NBA star to appear in court this week for an off-the-record settlement conference in a locked courtroom.

Jordan was allowed to avoid attention Wednesday by entering the Dirksen U.S. Courthouse through its underground parking garage and then taking a private elevator to U.S. District Judge Milton Shadur's 23rd-floor courtroom.

Shadur, who has ruled that Dominick's is liable for a 2009 magazine advertisement that used Jordan's name without permission, wanted the owner of the Charlotte Bobcats to appear in person to hear the judge's views on what reasonable damages would be, according to court transcripts. He rejected a demand from Jordan's attorney that the president of the grocery chain also appear.

"I think it would be a constructive use of time to see whether some element of sanity cannot be introduced into this matter," Shadur was quoted as saying in a transcript of a May 22 hearing.

"I thought the demand was greedy," Shadur said of Jordan, who is seeking $5 million in damages for a one-page ad that ran in a Sports Illustrated commemorative issue celebrating Jordan's induction into the Hall of Fame.

Frederick Sperling, Jordan's attorney, confirmed that Jordan attended the settlement conference Wednesday and said the case is headed to trial. Dominick's attorney Steven Mandell declined to comment.

Sperling had sought to keep Jordan from having to appear at the conference, writing in a motion that his client was ready for trial and that "Mr. Jordan does not think such discussions would be a good use of anyone's time and resources."

"Are you allergic to the notion that he somehow ought to participate in a lawsuit that he brought?" Shadur asked Sperling at the May 22 hearing, a transcript shows.

Jordan sued Dominick's Finer Foods LLC and its corporate parent Safeway Inc. in 2010 after Jordan's financial adviser, Curtis Polk, happened to see the ad while flipping through the special issue while at a doctor's office, according to Polk's deposition.

"Congratulations, Michael Jordan" the ad said in large lettering above the phrase, "You are a cut above." Below the phrase was a $2-off coupon for a Rancher's Reserve steak from Dominick's.

Jordan's lawsuit has turned contentious, leading to a lengthy discovery process in which Jordan's attorneys say they have turned over nearly 90,000 pages of records, including all his endorsement deals since 2000, records show.

His attorneys put the fair-market value for use of Jordan's image at $5 million and argue in court papers that Dominick's should not be able to benefit by stealing his image and paying less. After legal fees are paid, any damages would go to charity, likely the James R. Jordan Foundation, named after his slain father, according to his lawyers.

Shadur has said Dominick's is liable for an advertisement that was "ultimately stupid and really totally without common sense," but the judge also held that Jordan has tried to make a "legal mountain" from a "legal molehill," according to transcripts.

Both sides had previously spent an entire day in mediation before a retired judge without reaching an agreement, records show.

Jordan also sued Jewel-Osco over its congratulatory ad, but U.S. District Judge Gary Feinerman found that it was "noncommercial speech" protected by the First Amendment.

Sperling said Jordan has appealed Feinerman's ruling to the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, which heard oral arguments last fall.

This judge owns.

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
Oh, MJ. :stonk:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Four or five pair, fam, discounted

cucka
Nov 4, 2009

TOUCHDOWN DETROIT LIONS
Sorry about all
the bad posting.
All respect to his talent, but I've always hated him, since I was a child. I rooted for any team that played his Bulls. He always gave me that tickle that under the polished surface, he was a tremendous rear end in a top hat. I'm glad that after all these years, I'm right in feeling that way.

Michael Jordan is a tremendous dickhead, and whether or not he did steroids, he's still an rear end in a top hat, so keep that in mind.

Dingleberry Jones
Jun 2, 2008
If I'm posting a new thread, it means there is a thread already posted and I failed at using the forum search correctly
How far up the ladder does this conspiracy go? Does it include Phil Jackson? David Stern? The Harlem Globetrotters?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

peepoogenderparts posted:

How far up the ladder does this conspiracy go? Does it include Phil Jackson? David Stern? The Harlem Globetrotters?

Yes, yes, and please don't troll this very serious thread, respectively.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I hope it's all true because there's no reason to not use steroids in professional sports. It's so much more fun that way :allears:

Twat McTwatterson
May 31, 2011
Rewatching Jeffrey's HOF speech for the first time in a while, he loving owns. GOAT.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

cucka posted:

All respect to his talent, but I've always hated him, since I was a child. I rooted for any team that played his Bulls. He always gave me that tickle that under the polished surface, he was a tremendous rear end in a top hat. I'm glad that after all these years, I'm right in feeling that way.

The one great thing about being a Pistons fan is that Detroit frustrated Jordan the most during his playing days, and the chief antagonist against Jordan was Joe Dumars. Dumars now has the NBA's sportsmanship trophy named after him, a perfect contrast to Jordan.

Also, John Elway seems like a tremendous rear end in a top hat.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

AsInHowe posted:

Well, he did subvert the entire point of the NFL draft order because he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him. That's one of the biggest dick moves you can pull. Yes, I know you know the Colts are bad, that's why they get first pick, so they can have good players and improve.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

AsInHowe posted:

The one great thing about being a Pistons fan is that Detroit frustrated Jordan the most during his playing days, and the chief antagonist against Jordan was Joe Dumars. Dumars now has the NBA's sportsmanship trophy named after him, a perfect contrast to Jordan.

Dumars was such a nice guy that he got the Hall of Fame to overlook the fact that he was maybe the third most important player on his team and that he wasn't very good outside of a five year stretch.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Declan MacManus posted:

Dumars was such a nice guy that he got the Hall of Fame to overlook the fact that he was maybe the third most important player on his team and that he wasn't very good outside of a five year stretch.

Dumars was a phenomenally nice guy. Great family guy, great in his community. That got him in the Hall, directly during one of the most me-first eras in basketball history, as some sort of 'don't be a dick' statement.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
Bravo. Goddamn. Bravo

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I bet Michael Jordan is the kind of guy who gets really roid ragey and yells at teenagers just trying to do their jobs when he goes to Disneyland and they won't let him skip the lines.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Cameron posted:

I bet Michael Jordan is the kind of guy who gets really roid ragey and yells at teenagers just trying to do their jobs when he goes to Disneyland and they won't let him skip the lines.

Like Jordan doesn't have a FastPass. :rolleyes:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nah, Jordan would just think he could get by with people recognizing his garish earrings and moustache alone. He's too good for waiting for specific times of the day to ride certain rides.

CrazyLikeAMadDog
Jul 1, 2007

Mr. Wookums posted:

I guarentee that his steak house also uses steriod enjected beef.

Funny enough, I was roomate with a girl who worked the front end of Michael's restaurant in Chapel Hill back in the early 2000s. All of a sudden the restaurant closes one day. A week later, the 8-20 season started in Chapel Hill. Coincidence, or steroid pipeline closed down.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Always wondered what exactly would have happened in Michael's NBA career if Bill Cartwright actually decided to beat the poo poo out of him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

One time one of Jordan's kids told him he wanted to race him to the tree in the front yard, so Jordan made his kid wear a back brace and prescription shoes and then he lapped him four times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Defiance Industries posted:

Well, he did subvert the entire point of the NFL draft order because he didn't want to play for the team that drafted him. That's one of the biggest dick moves you can pull. Yes, I know you know the Colts are bad, that's why they get first pick, so they can have good players and improve.
Not only that, but in order to show how serious he was he threatened to cut a deal with George Steinbrenner to focus solely on playing professional baseball.

George Steinbrenner

• Locked thread