Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Vince Carter turning to poo poo is MJ's fault too?!?!?! Mutherfucker!!!

Argh, he gave Magic HIV too didn't he???

Oberst fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Jul 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Oberst posted:

Vince Carter turning to poo poo is MJ's fault too?!?!?! Mutherfucker!!!

Argh, he gave Magic HIV too didn't he???

I thought I remember reading somewhere that Michael paid more than a few HIV-positive prostitutes to try and get with Magic Johnson, hoping that at least one would go at it with the guy. I thought I saw it in some magazine? Maybe somebody knows what I'm talking about and can confirm.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think you are misremembering. Michael Jordan had his spies find out who Magic's favorite prostitutes were and paid them to get the AIDS so they could give it to him.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

This Michael Jordan character isn't very nice.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Defiance Industries posted:

I think you are misremembering. Michael Jordan had his spies find out who Magic's favorite prostitutes were and paid them to get the AIDS so they could give it to him.

You're thinking of Dennis Rodman. Story goes, MJ didn't want Rodman to help the Spurs become a powerhouse when they signed him, because he knew that though Robinson was a talented player, he was too nice to use his size effectively. With Rodman acting as the muscle, the Spurs were sure to become the next dominant team. So MJ knew Rodman was a man of the night, and sent a bunch of AIDS infected prostitutes to San An where they'd infect Rodman and take the Spurs out of the mix.

This didn't work, though, because soon after Rodman hooked up with Madonna. This is where the conspiracy starts, though, because later that year Madonna had to cancel a few dates because a bunch of her backup dancers contracted an "undisclosed illness". :tinfoil:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
So is this thread just a small concentrated group of people who are quoting some outside sources that the masses don't really care about?

The reason I ask this is, Michael Jordan sounds like/is a giant oval office, yet the masses adore him. To the point where he constantly tops "worlds greatest athlete ever" polls (or at least dukes it out with Ali) and is everyone sporting idol.

Does his (performance enhanced) brilliance just plain outshine all of this? The Australian public turns on their athletes if they cunts off the field, even if they are really good at what they do. Is this not the case in the States?

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Get your slave morality out of here and go back to the republic of sissies or whatever :911:

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

big boi posted:

Get your slave morality out of here and go back to the republic of sissies or whatever :911:

It's not so much a slave mentality, it's our penchant for Tall Poppy Syndrome.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Look, if we wanted the opinion of an Australian, we'd open the Luc Longley BDSM Discussion thread. If you can't understand how American athletes need to take steroids on a nigh-mandatory basis to compete and be entertaining then you have no place here.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

xcore posted:

So is this thread just a small concentrated group of people who are quoting some outside sources that the masses don't really care about?

The Australian public turns on their athletes if they cunts off the field, even if they are really good at what they do. Is this not the case in the States?

I bet every single one of these true facts is posted on some early 90's Usenet posts which the media wouldn't report, unlike now which they report and quote JordanDoesDrugs.tumblr.org as fact :eng101:

P.s Is the Thorpedo still an Australian hero? or has the public turned :v:

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

Americans will overlook a lot of poo poo as long as you have a good PR team. Example: Legendary dickhead Lance Armstrong, also a steroid user.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lance was inspired by jordan's steroid use

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Hirez posted:

P.s Is the Thorpedo still an Australian hero? or has the public turned :v:

The jury is out on Thorpe, but I still say yes, he is. He stocks have dropped a lot due to:

-Whinging a bunch about public pressure/the spotlight
-Failing to qualify for the 2012 Olympics
-PED allegations (although Australians refuse to believe any of our athletes use PEDS)
-Refusing to admit he is gay
-Taking the spot of a more desersving up and comer in the Olympic trials due to name alone.
-Making terrible reality TV shows

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

xcore posted:

The jury is out on Thorpe, but I still say yes, he is. He stocks have dropped a lot due to:

-Whinging a bunch about public pressure/the spotlight
-Failing to qualify for the 2012 Olympics
-PED allegations (although Australians refuse to believe any of our athletes use PEDS)
-Refusing to admit he is gay
-Taking the spot of a more desersving up and comer in the Olympic trials due to name alone.
-Making terrible reality TV shows

-trying to make lovely bead jewelry you find at a flea market into a multimillion dollar industry

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

VikingSkull posted:

Pro*Stars was great, it had Wayne Gretzky in it. People actually cared about hockey once, it's weird.
Coincidentally, this was before Gary Bettman became commissioner. Gary Bettman once worked for David Stern, Commissioner of the NBA. The NHL has a season that runs roughly concurrent to the NBA season. I will let you connect the dots on your own.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Byolante posted:

-trying to make lovely bead jewelry you find at a flea market into a multimillion dollar industry

haha I was going to post this. Steroids make people do strange things

buttcoin smuggler
Jun 25, 2011
It's too bad Jordan didn't have access to 21st century steroids like LeBron does. He might still be playing today...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

buttcoin smuggler posted:

It's too bad Jordan didn't have access to 21st century steroids like LeBron does. He might still be playing today...

I think Michael already has it in his head that if he were playing today he'd demolish LeBron and actually have succeeded in Cleveland bringing the city a championship.

Then he'd laugh and go "The gently caress would I ever play in Cleveland for?"

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...

xcore posted:

Is this not the case in the States?

We value brazen cockiness above all else in our athletes. It's part of the national ethos

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Fly McCool posted:

We value brazen cockiness above all else in our athletes. It's part of the national ethos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDnFm_VGTc
It's really hard to overstate how much of a cultural event MJ was for people what were kids between '84 and '98. He could do anything he wanted. He beat the Cavs even though the Cavs had swept them during the regular season. He won all those championships, he hung out with Bugs Bunny even though people said Bugs Bunny was a cartoon and not even real. But there they were, spending time together.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

The Asian Oprah posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWDnFm_VGTc
It's really hard to overstate how much of a cultural event MJ was for people what were kids between '84 and '98. He could do anything he wanted. He beat the Cavs even though the Cavs had swept them during the regular season. He won all those championships, he hung out with Bugs Bunny even though people said Bugs Bunny was a cartoon and not even real. But there they were, spending time together.

Why do you think so many current athletes are getting busted for using PED's nowadays. Everyone wanted to be like Mike. And the only way to do that is through steroids.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Dexo posted:

Why do you think so many current athletes are getting busted for using PED's nowadays. Everyone wanted to be like Mike. And the only way to do that is through steroids.

You could also do it by arraigning the murder of your father to settle gambling debts.

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?
Let's be fair. I don't think MJ commissioned his father's murder. Just that he caused it by telling some gangsters to gently caress off regarding his gambling debts. We all make mistakes, especially those of us that are addled by steroids.

HeebHustler
Jan 16, 2007

In order for someone to win, someone has to lose. James Jordan was just a by-product of one life's hard truths.

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.

xcore posted:

The reason I ask this is, Michael Jordan sounds like/is a giant oval office, yet the masses adore him. Does his (performance enhanced) brilliance just plain outshine all of this? The Australian public turns on their athletes if they cunts off the field, even if they are really good at what they do. Is this not the case in the States?

You're forgetting Shane Warne. Hugely popular, massive oval office off the field (ask his ex-wife), and tested positive for diuretics (masking steroids). In the rare cases where they don't cause roid rage, steroids can build charisma as well as muscle.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

VikingSkull posted:

MJ knew Rodman was a man of the night,

Are you saying that Rodman is a vampire?

I mean, it wouldn't be surprising or anything.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Sash! posted:

Are you saying that Rodman is a vampire?

I mean, it wouldn't be surprising or anything.

He was a prostitute

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Steroid injected, rebound vampire prostitutes! See what your actions wrought, Stern!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Oberst posted:

Steroid injected, rebound vampire prostitutes! See what your actions wrought, Stern!

Stern was behind it. He wasn't kidding when he said he knew where the bodies are hidden. Only bodies were a metaphor for PED's

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:
Harold Miner was known as Baby Jordan so we all know who his father is... How different could his NBA career have turned out if he didn't reject his father's lifestyle? Could Rony Seikaly have wound up with more rings than Luke Walton?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Remember Rodman in the playoffs in '95?

This wasn't a coincidence, it was a message.

In the end, though, everyone learns that this is Michael's World.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
More proof right here:

Michael Jordan is an evil man. Look what he did to Vinny Del Negro.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Is it any surprise that Christian Laettner was a bust? On the dream team he was constantly berated and insulted by Jordan which damaged his psyche. Jordan rode him hard for any reason including the fact that he went to Duke. Jordan destroyed what should have been a confidence building moment for Laettner and he never became the player everyone projected him to be. I hear that when Laettner refused to start doing steroids Jordan used his clout in the league to essentially black list him as well.

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

soggybagel posted:

Is it any surprise that Christian Laettner was a bust? On the dream team he was constantly berated and insulted by Jordan which damaged his psyche. Jordan rode him hard for any reason including the fact that he went to Duke. Jordan destroyed what should have been a confidence building moment for Laettner and he never became the player everyone projected him to be. I hear that when Laettner refused to start doing steroids Jordan used his clout in the league to essentially black list him as well.

Laettner was not a bust. If we're going to have this thread, we should try to stay away from blatantly obvious untruths like your Laettner comment, and stick to the obvious truths, namely that Michael Jordan was a huge steroid cheater.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Holy poo poo, does Michael Jordan force Carrot Top to do steroids with him?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

The B_36 posted:

Laettner was not a bust. If we're going to have this thread, we should try to stay away from blatantly obvious untruths like your Laettner comment, and stick to the obvious truths, namely that Michael Jordan was a huge steroid cheater.

When Jordan acquired Laettner for the Wizards, he did turn Christian into an alcoholic and that pretty much ended his career, FWIW.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Would you say that Jordan spiked Nick Anderson's drinks to do away with his free throw shooting prowess?

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.
I know it's already been mentioned, but seriously, look what Michael did to that poor bunny. :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKze622Kg

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

RembrandtQEinstein posted:

I know it's already been mentioned, but seriously, look what Michael did to that poor bunny. :sigh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaKze622Kg

Animal testing is cruel, and Jordan should be ashamed of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Daffy:"This Goes against everything they ever taught me in health class"

Jordan: "Do you want to win or not"

Look at that peer pressure on poor Daffy.

• Locked thread