Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
I think there are a lot of Michael Jordan quotes that might give us an insight into why he started using them.

quote:

I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.

quote:

Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it.

quote:

Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again.

quote:

How many times have your parents told you not to do things, and the next thing you know, you go do it? And you realized you shouldn't have done it.

quote:

I believe greatness is an evolutionary process that changes and evolves era to era.

quote:

I enjoy gambling, but I think people are trying to make it seem like I have a problem, because people really don't know.

Also

quote:

I've had tendinitis since college.
It's understandable that he'd try everything to play through that. The game was his passion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

MJ already had a keen fashion sense back then.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Ok, he makes associations that don't necessarily go together but, he is correct with most of the info just not the association. So if you researched you would find he is telling the truth about something, maybe not M.J. though. Stop being sheep people, everything is derived or conceived from ancient times. Its never just a sport or a movie or show etc. Oh and Michael Jordan is involved in something, if he was so loved then why does he get blocked on business endeavors. Thats why he makes crazy speeches.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

I just came across this excerpt from Larry Bird's Bird Watching: On Playing and Coaching the Game I Love book:

Larry Bird posted:

[on the set of Space Jam]
The movie people really took care of us. They had this big room in the hotel filled with food, drinks, anything you wanted. One cooler had beer, another had soda, another had sandwiches. And then there was this big cooler marked MICHAEL ONLY.

You weren't supposed to touch that one, because it was all Michael Jordan's special stuff they flew in just for him.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

Jordan using PEDs is the worst kept secret.

It was even mentioned in Space Jam:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxFwQ9nWGOc

• Locked thread