Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Chaff and static. It won't interfere with the operations of a quantum-powered AI, though she'll need to divert power to backup sensors to compensate. These are the only eyes she has.

Interceptors go first. They're likely automated, predictable for her heuristics. She counters their missile fire by blasting her forearms towards the sky to where she's sure they'll be.

Attacking JETS! Krysmbot> Trix, 6 = 6, 3 = 3, 3 = 3, 3 = 3, 5 = 5, to make it a 9 with 3x attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

aaaaaand we're back

Zingel's forearms clip the wings of the one of the circling fighters, sending into a spiraling impact with the mountain itself. Score one for the good AIs.

KPrime !r 1d6#5
Krysmbot KPrime, 6 = 6, 1 = 1, 1 = 1, 1 = 1, 2 = 2

down one goes!

However, before Zingel can even retrieve her hands Aoko's mind manages to reveal the hidden enemy- mid attack and already too late to stop. The shape of it is a terrible cross between every arachnid you're afraid of and some sort of shifting nightmare- even as Aoko begins to bring up her defenses she can see the surface of it smoothly changing shape, probing around her guard!

Aoko manages to reveal the Beast but it is attacking her!
KPrime !r 1d6#6
Krysmbot KPrime, 3 = 3, 6 = 6, 6 = 6, 5 = 5, 1 = 1, 3 = 3 uh... sorry! 12, 2x multi (would have been 3x if it hadn't been revealed!)

Aoko's success reveals it until it overcomes Aoko as an action, as well as revealing that it is Adaptive

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

When the Beast reveals itself, Teresa immediately turns her attention fully upon it. It lights up in the tacnet like a new sun as the Manticore's powerful sensors first lock onto it and then begin scanning it down to the micron level.

"You're going nowhere," she declares, unleashing the full force of her mecha's combat computer suite. Targeted ECM and holoprojectors fill its sensors with ghosts and noise, jam comms, and launch a tsunami of attempted connections, trying to worm past the things defenses and root core systems. Even if that fails, the sheer volume of electronic signals has a good chance to overwhelm those systems - at least for a moment.

"Hit it now! Before it has a chance to recover!"

Rolled a 9 for an attack that will do no damage but should hopefully Stun the Beast. Attack is DDOS Attack (Perks: Defensive x2, Stunning, Will Attack, Flaws: No Damage).

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

The moment Cecil hears the alarm he's already shoved hard on the stick, g forces shoving him back in his seat to evade the incoming shots, mumbling to himself in between screams to keep himself conscious. "It's always...gyah!...the same story...hngh!...'jets are obsolete'...hah!...'jets are mech fodder'...grrgh!...and every time there's a fight...hyaaaa!...out come the jets! RAAAAAGH!"

2 dice + 2 Agile + 2 Evasive for defense against the incoming jet fire
[22:07:27] <Davin_Valkri> !r 1d6#6
[22:07:28] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 6 = 6, 5 = 5, 1 = 1, 2 = 2, 1 = 1, 1 = 1...That's a 6. My rolls suck.

He's pretty sure some minor bits just fell off the back of the Geirdriful, but now's not the time to worry about that! If he wanted to just sit there and take shots he'd have joined the navy! Now's the time to spin around...

...get the jets going for his ground-bound friends in his sights...

...and shoot back!

[17:08:28] <Davin_Valkri> 2 dice + 1 Quick + 1 Combat Expert for a 2x (+1 Attack) damage against the jets?
[22:12:27] <Davin_Valkri> !r 1d6#4
[22:12:28] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 1 = 1, 4 = 4, 2 = 2, 4 = 4...that's an 8 for 16 damage.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Harriman
Asto Vidatu: Health 40/40 | Endurance 40/50

With Teresa spiking the primary target, Harriman is free to act. No sense worrying about air superiority, when Cecil and Zingel have already engaged. "No time to take any chances. Cracking this crab now!"

The Asto braces against the ground, and punches twin pulsing lances of force at the six-legged mechanical monstrosity, converging on its center mass. The force beams alternate vibrations, hopefully bypassing the machine's armor plating, and crushing anything inside through transferred stress shearing.

Attacking the spidermech: 2 Dice+Telekinesis+Combat Expert+Accurate perk
Attacking the Spidermech: 5#1d6 3 6 2 3 1. 6, multiplied to 12 by my Attack 1. It ignores 2 levels of Armored, if they exist.

Armor Piercing and Accurate Perk: +10 Endurance cost.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Order:
Jets
Aoko
Maria
Stealth Scorpion
Cecil
Harriman
Teresa

Harriman's waveforms knock the beast back, but appear to do no lasting damage- whatever is inside, it's not that fragile. What it does do, however, is distract it- just long enough for Teresa to, electronically and physically, bring it to its knees.
It roars, sounding rather like a cross between a collapsing bridge and a dying bird, if the bird was 30 feet tall.

Meanwhile, above, Cecil picks off an interceptor that strayed from the flight plan. The remaining fighters break and head back for the hangars- a loadout swap?!

Beast is undamaged but is Stunned. The jets retreat and will reappear next turn with a different attack.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

A wave of rash, unstable psychic energy hits the Suisho-Kyokan's cockpit hard. Even with its electronic sensors turned off, the screaming creature psychically lights itself up like a Christmas tree. (Not that Christmas was a holiday Aoko celebrated, growing up in the labs...)

Not one to miss a grand opportunity like this, she and her robot both leap forward towards the scorpion. In a quick flash, the Crystal Giant's sleek blade falls upon the creature with seemingly no chance for it to get away.

Going for an attack /w my Psycho-Resonant Sword, as per my attack of the same name.
<Takanago> !r 1d6#3
<Krysmbot> Takanago, 5 = 5, 6 = 6, 6 = 6
DX 3 and Armor-Piercing 1

Sorry for the hold up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Interceptors out. Should return later on. That's enough time for the Irkalla to get some hits in on the beast.

The mecha leaps towards the Beast and just wails on the creature, pounding as if her hands were massive jackhammers drilling at intense speeds.

I should start varying my attacks soon.

8:22 PM <Krysmbot> Trix, 6 = 6, 2 = 2, 2 = 2, 1 = 1. I got 3X attack, hope it somehow connects. :|

• Locked thread