Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Robindaybird posted:

That's one of my biggest pet peeves in a game - being given NO choice but to do something colossally evil or stupid and getting bitched out for it.

I might have been disappointed if I'd have been able to play SF3-2 in it's time, but after Golden Sun, this is just seems like par for the Camelot course. I certainly don't play their games to feel a sense of agency.

As awesome as it is to have a translation for these games... hot drat that's some painful writing. "'Now bear my arctic blast!' Get it? It was the cheesy voice clip from the last game! Ha ha!" :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Sweet, Scenario 2 is done, and soon we'll be moving into the Scenario with all the cool crazy units.

Shining Force games typically have rather predominately mundane characters for the first two-thirds or so of their campaigns, and then bust out the really crazy fantastical units near the end.

The prospect of the seeing what kind of characters the third disc has to offer has me positively giddy.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

vibratingsheep posted:

The note is that it's a discarded character, so it's neither.

The line here is "Fans really liked Hedoba more than we expected, and hated David more than we expected. Was it because of their stats?"

Umm. Duh?

That's a weirdly specific awareness of the problem to be phrasing it as a question. It's like someone at Camelot thought they could design a lemon of a character and make him mandatory, and then NOT have the player base resent that.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012
A part of why Julian's personality/history seems so awkward is because his story arc began in a previous game, entirely - Shining the Holy Ark.

• Locked thread