Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Agricola on iOS is only 2.99 today from the original 6.99.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

Social Dissonance posted:

For speed reasons they removed foreign aid. I agree that foreign aid would really slow down multiplayer games, but it really throws a loop at head-to-head games. Those are my favorite. That and not having any actual body language to read make the game somewhat meaningless to me. Still one of the best in person games I own though.

Because a game that lasts as few turns as Coup does with a limited number of players needs to worry about game play speed. I am annoyed you get so few other players in multiplayer. The turns can seem long when waiting for others, but if they miss their turn they are out of the game so it's not like someone can time out again and again.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I think I got banned from the GroupMe chat during the inactivity purge of 2013, any way I can get added back now that I've got an iPad?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Max22 posted:

I think I got banned from the GroupMe chat during the inactivity purge of 2013, any way I can get added back now that I've got an iPad?

Yup. Sorry about that. I didn't know removing inactive people from the channel would actually ban them and make it super tedious to re invite. GroupMe is bad and awful and we should have done it through LINE instead because it's hilarious and dumb and weirdly Japanese and also a way better chat service.

To re invite you I'll need the email address you used to sign up for GroupMe. PM me or post it here or come to the refugee camp room and post it in there.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
So, uhh, Max, I guess you don't want that reinvite?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Battlelore is down to $4

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
e:nvm.

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Foehammer posted:

Battlelore is down to $4

It's still showing up for me at $9.99 in the App Store.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Bummey posted:

Yup. Sorry about that. I didn't know removing inactive people from the channel would actually ban them and make it super tedious to re invite. GroupMe is bad and awful and we should have done it through LINE instead because it's hilarious and dumb and weirdly Japanese and also a way better chat service.

To re invite you I'll need the email address you used to sign up for GroupMe. PM me or post it here or come to the refugee camp room and post it in there.

What's this chat for? Carcassonne action?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Webbeh posted:

What's this chat for? Carcassonne action?

It's just a chat version of this thread. You can certainly find yourself quite a few Carc matches there, if that's what you're after.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Dominant Species 2.0 is out.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010
I have been playing the hell out of Lords of Waterdeep recently. I'm probably late to the party, but how are the expansions? Can they be played together? And which is better?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Roshambo posted:

I have been playing the hell out of Lords of Waterdeep recently. I'm probably late to the party, but how are the expansions? Can they be played together? And which is better?

I think both are awesome. Yes, they can be played together. I would say I have a slight preference for the first one.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Agricola updated with the Gamers' Deck available for $3.99

Hopefully it's worth it as I just insta-bought it.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

So hey. Remember when I tried doing a 'game of the month' for a while a long time ago?

I just finished the game of Le Havre I started with SuicidalManiac about a year and a half ago, when it was game of the month. It ended up being pretty close!

...I'm so, so sorry about how long it takes me to take my turns, sir :(

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

TACD posted:

So hey. Remember when I tried doing a 'game of the month' for a while a long time ago?

I just finished the game of Le Havre I started with SuicidalManiac about a year and a half ago, when it was game of the month. It ended up being pretty close!

...I'm so, so sorry about how long it takes me to take my turns, sir :(

I like how it took a year and a half to finish that game, only for me to gently caress up horribly on the last turn causing me to lose. I thought there was one more whole round left instead of one final turn, so I took some iron instead of using the shipping lane to sell all my poo poo.

Excuses aside, good game. Maybe we should start up another ;)

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

Lords of Waterdeep (and expansions) are on sale. As are Carcassone, but not the expansions.

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?
Brass is now available:
https://appsto.re/us/cQnN3.i

The implementation is actually very nice, although the multiplayer lobby system needs a small upgrade. Currently you cannot create a private game and can't kick unwanted players from a game, so multiplayer with randoms only. It's very well done however, and I would hope/expect these minor issues will be fixed in a future update.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Trane posted:

Brass is now available:

The implementation is actually very nice, although the multiplayer lobby system needs a small upgrade. Currently you cannot create a private game and can't kick unwanted players from a game, so multiplayer with randoms only. It's very well done however, and I would hope/expect these minor issues will be fixed in a future update.

Is it possible at all to create a game and have your friends find and join it, providing they can beat any randoms that join? That would be fine with me. Or is it literally, you get matched up with randoms only?

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Trane posted:

Brass is now available:

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Is it possible at all to create a game and have your friends find and join it, providing they can beat any randoms that join? That would be fine with me. Or is it literally, you get matched up with randoms only?

I am also interested in learning how multiplayer match ups happen... If you can somehow search for the game and guarantee *some* friends in the game, it's not ideal, but it's also not the worst possible scenario.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
How is the multiplayer play for eclipse? I was thinking of picking this up.

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Sure, you could find those games if players timed it and joined together. Right now there is currently only one open game in the lobby, so finding them isn't difficult. If you do get it, ping me in the groupme channel and I'll show you the ropes. The tutorials are pretty good too.

cbirdsong
Sep 8, 2004

Commodore of the Apocalypso
Lipstick Apathy
Dominion is out and it's a technical clusterfuck. Here is me using the login screen with the keyboard hidden:

You can't paste stuff in from a password manager, so I had to go back and forth to manually copy my long-rear end randomly generated password, 6 or 7 characters at a time. The second trip in, I tap and look, the first half of the password is revealed in the username field for some insane reason:

it's the same password as my luggage

Once I actually managed to log in, I found it apparently isn't designed to sync the campaign progress I made in the browser version a while back. So, yeah, this seems just as ineptly done as the first version all those years ago now.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Maybe someday we can just go back to isotropic...

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!
Ugh Dominion just looks like a cheap Tanto Cuore knock off with the amazing theme removed

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Bullbar posted:

Ugh Dominion just looks like a cheap Tanto Cuore knock off with the amazing theme removed
When you go fishing you have to hide the hook in order to get bites.

Still an amazing post.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero

cbirdsong posted:

You can't paste stuff in from a password manager, so I had to go back and forth to manually copy my long-rear end randomly generated password, 6 or 7 characters at a time. The second trip in, I tap and look, the first half of the password is revealed in the username field for some insane reason:

Not arguing the app is broken, but this might help you:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

fordan posted:

Holy poo poo, thanks! I just had the same issue as Cory when trying to 1Password login to the recent Brass app (also a technical clusterfuck). I hadn't noticed this new button yet. Appreciate the point out.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

fordan posted:

:drat:
Thanks for this one, I had no idea.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

cbirdsong posted:

Dominion is out and it's a technical clusterfuck.

I can't even find it on the UK app store. Cool.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I can't even find it on the UK app store. Cool.

Are you looking on a phone? It's iPad only.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Beelzebozo posted:

Are you looking on a phone? It's iPad only.

That explains that but is even stupider.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Bullbar posted:

:allears:

Please put this review in the App Store.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Don't worry, you'll eventually hit broken AI levels of the single player forcing 20+ games before you win by pure luck.

You are not missing much.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
I know this thread is kinda dead but is the GroupMe chat from the OP still the best place to get board games together?

R2Brew
Oct 15, 2006

Got Sedin?

X_ThePerfect posted:

I know this thread is kinda dead but is the GroupMe chat from the OP still the best place to get board games together?

Yes, come say hello and play some games.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Splendor's a buck right now. Hasn't gotten online play, though.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Al Baron posted:

So is Small World, another Days of Wonder title, which does have online play and is super fun. I recommend it. My DoW account name is Fire Sauce if anybody picks it up and would like an opponent. iPad only.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Al Baron posted:

In the UK it's the free app at Starbucks. No purchase necessary, just go in and grab a card and go redeem it.

Not that $1 is a lot, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Hey thread! It’s 2016 and the thread title is now three years out of date - is it maybe time for a shiny new thread to bring us up to date and hopefully bring in some new people? I feel like the OP is a bit weighed down by having a list of so many games (most of which probably don’t see much action anyway) so I was thinking of just focusing on the few games that are frequently played and highlighting new releases as they happen.

However, I’m well aware I’ve neglected the first post quite terribly for a while now and I haven’t been very active in the GroupMe chat recently, so if somebody else wants to make one instead then I won’t be at all offended :)

• Locked thread