Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taco Delay
Jun 3, 2012

"Yeah, I'd like 6,000 chicken fajitas, please?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9qTqZ9hrOo

This really good Samiyam song. :taco:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timelord
Jan 17, 2008

I like doctor who a lot. I like the old who so much better than the formulaic nonsense that comes out today (story wise, matt smith is good).
The text is from my BYOB posting days, may BYOB rest in peace.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I am very unimaginative. My first name is Ken and my last name is Stein. One guess what my middle initial is.

The Door Frame posted:

It holds a door to a wall.

I was trying to play the offensive Xbox live game, (you got killed by ATERRIBLESTD, etc) but all the funny sounding names were taken. It stuck because it's strange enough that no one would take it and I had run out of ideas

Sounds like a great username for Anarchy Online. :rimshot:

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

kastein posted:

I am very unimaginative. My first name is Ken and my last name is Stein. One guess what my middle initial is.

Sounds like a great username for Anarchy Online. :rimshot:

Sort of the same here.
First name starts with a P, last name with a B, my two middle names start with Y and L.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Lowtax assigned it to me in an old BYOB name change thread, he picked all the names from the Gamecube game Cubivore.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Haifisch posted:

Sort of. :v: I'm terrible at thinking of usernames, so I'll resort to looking through my music collection until something clicks.

Kind of like I did when I chose my avatar. :doh:

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Years ago, I was on a MUD chatter. I was going through my phase of being a young teen and just got into tolkien, and I started there as "Balrog Hunter". I eventually got my real name on there.

Afterwards I went to some other website to register, and decided to drop that and go with something cooler, so I tried a few "heros" from the Silmarillion, all were taken, so I decided to go to the bad guys. Gothmog being Lord of Balrogs and whatnot, and it stuck.

The 1065 part is a local rock radio station I was big into with the DJs and a group of people on LiveDaily of all places. I went to register Gothmog on PuzzlePirates, it was taken, so I ended up with Gothmog1065. That's been my main account nickname for about 10 years now.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009
Jimmy Pop Ali (aka Jimmy Pop) is the lead singer of the Bloodhound Gang. Since JimmyPopAli was taken, I replaced an "m" with an extra "i".

Rolling Nuns
Jul 16, 2006
Watch 'em go!
It's a song by 70s band Stomu Yamash'ta's East Wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlgJmuMetyQ

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

It's just some randomly generated name from when I was signing up for Xbox Live years back. I don't even like mangoes.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Many men fought and died for this username. I alone survived to claim it.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

It's a flavor of tea, also I was on a bender (that ended a month or two ago) for two years.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Star in the Aquila constellation.

<--Astronomy geek.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
My friends and me used to say it and we were dumb kids so I made it my user name. Originally on AIM I had RenegadeStyle and then I lost the password so I made it RenegadeStyle1 and just kept it for everything. Now days I never use it on new things I make, I mostly just make variations of my real name my usernames now.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
A Seventh Sanctum candy-name generator---the exact thing was 'Sinful Astrofigs' but that becomes SA when you shorten it which seemed so twee that I was likely to get banned for it.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t
My username comes from a nickname I had in high school. One day I was reading the Communist Manifesto, and my friend chimed that I must be a communist. Also, because I liked the German language, I must be a Nazi. Thus I started being called a communist Nazi, or Comna for short.

Nerdfest X
Feb 7, 2008
UberDork Extreme
When the kids hosed up, instead of cursing them out, I called them nerds. When there was a group, it was a nerd-fest, like Woodstock, but with band-aids, standing in corners, and stuff broken. One day, they wore towel-capes like superheroes, and one was SuperNerd, and another was Nerdfest X (like Speed Racer's brother).

General Panic
Jan 28, 2012
AN ERORIST AGENT
I had a military-sounding username on a previous forum (by coincidence - actually, it was the name and rank of a cop in a TV show I liked). I thought I'd continue the theme.

And "Major Disaster" was taken.

Huttan
May 15, 2013
This nickname was the name of my first guide character in Everquest. Until the day some drunk GM deleted the wrong guide account and it turns out that once a guide/gm is named, no one can ever create a character with that name again (even GM renaming won't work), so my subsequent guide characters all started with "Huttan".

pokie
Apr 27, 2008

IT HAPPENED!

It's a hobbiest nickname for a genus of Indian tarantulas, poecilotheria. They are very pretty and colorful. E.g.

I used to have one of these beasties, a p. metallica.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
The truth.

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax
Be quiet woman!

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
:nws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_episode

Long story short, named after a Zappa song which roughly describes an incident in which the members of Led Zeppelin and a girl they met at the Edgewater Inn allegedly used a fish of some sort as a sex toy. There are lots of different accounts of the incident and none of it really adds up. To this day people are tight lipped about it. :iiam:

I wonder if you called the Edgewater Inn and asked for the Zeppelin room if they'd embrace the legend and book it for you, or maybe they'd just hang up.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lambeth I've used for a couple of years, I lifted it from this book. Lord was added because Lambeth appeared to be already taken and it alliterates with lambeth, obviously.

Pijonsnodt
Jul 14, 2012
My real name is Croatian. The vague joke behind this username was that it might pass for Croatian with someone who didn't know Croatian but would be immediately obvious as gibberish to anyone who knew the first thing about Slavic languages.

In the past a couple of friends also used the handle - we shared accounts for dumb poo poo - but since the pretense was that this character was Croatian, he was always associated mostly with me. I think I'm the only one who still uses it, although funnily enough some of the first Google results are not me.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
It's from the 1st level of Sonic CD, my favorite game.

Fun Fact, every stage's name is an alliteration (Metallic Madness, Collision Chaos, etc). So they decided to call a tropical paradise level with palmtrees... Palmtree Panic? No clue why they didn't go with the obvious name of "Palmtree Paradise" it just makes so much for sense for a breezy introductory level to be called it.

It's not even a translation error, Palmtree Panic remains in the original Japanese version. I'm glad they called it Palmtree Panic though, it's a catchy slightly off-putting name. Panic is such an odd word to associate with palmtrees.

The best part? It's not even my favorite stage in SCD. Hello Collision Chaos!

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
"I am an old Jewish man."

IllIllIll
Feb 17, 2012
To piss people off in MMOs or other online games I like to use names like IllIllIll or I1ll1l or something, lots of times the font for lower case L and upper case i are the same so it looks like just a string of lines.

This is the case in the text field where you enter your username when you register. This is not the case for actual usernames on this forum. Now people probably think its an Ullillilia joke.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mine's kind of a mishmash of two words (maybe three, if one gets... imaginative :blush:) that I honestly just came up with one day out of the blue: "Regal" and "Lingual". Which... Well, I'll sure as hell admit the first doesn't fit my actual personality at all, though I do have a tendency to get rather verbose when I'm writing formally, I.E. papers for school and such.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

-

Portals fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 3, 2014

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Back around the time The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker came out, I thought the boss Kalle Demos had the coolest name ever, so I started going by it on Pokémon forums and livejournal and stuff. Then people just went straight to calling me 'Kalle', and the nickname stuck ever since.

I'm only a Miss because someone took Kalle on its own as a username. :geno:

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

two euphemisms for throwing up

getting a collect call from Ralph Hurley on the porcelain telephone

Chupe Raho Aurat
Jun 22, 2011

by Lowtax

Ralph Hurley posted:

two euphemisms for throwing up

getting a collect call from Ralph Hurley on the porcelain telephone

Do you mean "Huey"

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Well you see i'm communicating with you fine folks using my fingers in a digital way. I pretty much just looked at poo poo around me for ideas and chose my fingers.
I remembered a better name I had originally wanted to use right after I registered so my name kind of bothers me every time I see it now.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!
I once had a fascination with the number eight stemming from my experience with playing my first T-rated JRPG, Final Fantasy VIII. During around that time I started to write (lovely) poetry and then decided to create a fictional character within those poems named VIII, a man stuck in a wintery limbo who was coded in a cell with an eight on the lock. Eventually I thought it would be a good idea to have my hotmail account be "viiithepoet" in reference to the stupid fictional character. Eventually "viiithepoet" became my gamertag on xbox live. During this time, I decided to part ways with VIII and asked my cousin on Xbox live what to name my new gamertag. He said, "PistolPackNPOET" and the name stuck with me. I like it even better because one time when I was playing Call of Duty 4 with my cousins, someone asked on our team, does "PistolPackNPOET" mean that you are a rapper. Of course the connotations are unintentional, but it made me love the username more and more. So yeah, Pistol Packin Poet comes from my lovely fictions that I used to write about when I was stupid depressed.

Now I just use it cause I'm usually creatively tapped out when it comes to usernames. I draw a blank whenever simple poo poo is taken, and just say gently caress it, "Pistol Packin Poet" lives through another account.

gunsage
May 18, 2013
Mine is actually the name of a game idea I had when I was 13. I thought it was catchy, so I used it as an online alias. That's about it, honestly. I'm still working on the game, but admittedly, mostly I've only done story and character work as well as dicked around in RPG Maker.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
My name is a bad pun and also the reaction most people have when they get it.

Toilet Tsunami
Jan 27, 2013

Don't forget to wipe...
I wanted to always remind myself of the following:

1 - How awesome it is to take a crap
2 - How much smarter I feel when I'm on the toilet
3 - Wipe
4 - Admire the (sometimes) glorious abstract art that is poo.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Winson_Paine posted:

My name is a bad pun and also the reaction most people have when they get it.

I don't get it, tried googleing, but I only came up with some anime character named Winston Payne.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

West007 posted:

I don't get it, tried googleing, but I only came up with some anime character named Winston Payne.

Say it out loud a few times, I guess.

• Locked thread