Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
It's a rather ancient German proverb.

It's much better in German: GAS KUREN JUDEN.

But honestly the whole meaning of the proverb is lost if you don't annunciate properly, so it doesn't make sense at all as an English translation in none phoeneticized text.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Van Goober
Feb 28, 2005
If we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?
My friend adopted a kitten who'd had his ears cut off by some rear end in a top hat. It looked like they'd used a dull pair of scissors to snip off the whole part of the ear that sticks out. Apparently people who raise fighting dogs around here will do this to cats as practice to give their dogs lovely home ear-cropping jobs, and then dump the cats. My friend named the kitten Van Gogh but the name was too heavy for a goofy little orange thing so it became Van Goober

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Van Goober posted:

My friend adopted a kitten who'd had his ears cut off by some rear end in a top hat. It looked like they'd used a dull pair of scissors to snip off the whole part of the ear that sticks out. Apparently people who raise fighting dogs around here will do this to cats as practice to give their dogs lovely home ear-cropping jobs, and then dump the cats. My friend named the kitten Van Gogh but the name was too heavy for a goofy little orange thing so it became Van Goober

What an rear end in a top hat to do that to a cat. I'm glad it has a good home now.

My name is a general sentiment I express from time to time, but I think I actually stole it from old-school black metal.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

when i was in high school, i was in a really terrible punk band.

Our name was Vim Drowsy, which seems to confuse a lot of people, but we picked it because it's an oxymoron. I thought it would be 'punk rock' to come up with a stage name, so following in the footsteps of Ben Weasel (of Screeching Weasel fame).

Roy is my last name, and how people addressed me, so i just stuck drowsy on the end. I never actually referred to myself as such in my life or on stage, but I started to use it for band stuff.

A little while later, I started to use it as my radio DJ handle, as I worked the late-late shifts, and i decided to use it for everything else.

Roydrowsy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on May 25, 2013

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
It's a really bad joke I made with a friend one day about Hopf Fibrations

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I was 12 years old and wanted a goofy name. I just sort of stuck with it over the past 9 years.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
I wanted a short nick that was unique but hard to google. What I ended up with was something that highlights me on IRC every time someone cannot spell "with" or tries to be gangsta. Everything is terrible.

QuestWhat
Nov 11, 2012
When playing online games on the Wii (ha ha) I used to go by "Question?" because I was trying to hard to be so wacky and random!!! during my adolescence (that and it was easier to identify than say MARIOfan889, jeremyk00l21, etc.). When telling friends about my old username when trading friend codes, they would respond something along the lines; "Wait, quest what again?" because they wouldn't expect I'd use that as a username and it just kinda stuck once I moved onto PS3 and PC gaming.

tables
Jul 7, 2011

tables
tables

Nimrod
Sep 20, 2003
My name comes from my second favorite Green Day album. For some reason Dookie didn't seem like a great forums name.

Skeleton Jelly
Jul 1, 2011

Kids in the street drinking wine, on the sidewalk.
Saving the plans that we made, 'till its night time.
Give me your glass, its your last, you're too wasted.
Or get me one too, 'cause I'm due any tasting.
This creepy comic:

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I got mine from being teased about my "Afro" by friends, eventually it developed into Affe for a short time but Aff-i was easier to pronounce so it stuck. Nowadays everyone everywhere calls me this.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Because the King of Cosmos would definitely be a Democract.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
One of my go to internet names is Randwandler (ripped out of a WoD book, roughly meaning Edge Walker). At the time I registered, I usually shortened it to Randler, because a lot of people in TeamSpeak had problems pronouncing the long form.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
It means I'm waiting, OP :wink:

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Call Now posted:

It means I'm waiting, OP :wink:

Oh really? But international calls are expensive.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
A snake with wheels. One of many inane characters from my high school notebook doodles, which also included Abob Lyndsae (wizard who wore a tam o'shanter and lived in a giant stop sign) and Carvey Limón (evil spiky Pac-Man thing).

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

thrakkorzog posted:

I picked my name from an obscure villain from The Tick cartoon series, on the basis that nobody else would pick that name. It turns out plenty of people pick that name for the same reason.

You should have gone with "Susan."

I happened to just be randomly driving home one day when the phrase "Zamboni rodeo" stuck in my head. I just liked the way it sounded (and the mental image it conjured up) and decided that I would use it whenever I signed up for a forum. The first forum I used it on didn't allow spaces in usernames so I had to use an underscore. I just kept it in when I finally got my SA account.

Not for nothing, but it also happens to be the title of a book, which I had no idea even existed at the time I came up with it. The author ended up emailing me a few years ago when he did a Google search on his title and found me, and it was embarrassing to have to tell him I'd never read the book. He thought it was funny that I randomly came up with something that he apparently agonized over for months when he was trying to come up with a title. I'm happy to say that I have read it now, though -- I'm the proud owner of a personalized autographed copy.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

http://youtu.be/K7eJtwPRVhA?t=3m57s

(the audio, not whatever the gently caress nightmare the video accompanying it is)

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
ummm?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Horrendous wouldn't fit so I had to go with huge.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Being a teenage nerd I thought Norse mythology was awesome so i awkwardly smashed two theologies together. The name hung around longer than it should have and now its just kinda my default

RagnarokAngel fucked around with this message at 14:33 on May 31, 2013

Divine Disclaimer
Jan 24, 2013

by T. Finninho
It's a warning about the quality of my posts.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
An old counterstrike name

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Combination of Detective Conan and Lupin III.

I get a laugh out of people assuming it's a Conan the Barbarian gaf.

McScumbag
Jun 30, 2012
FRONT LINE SOLDIER IN THE FIGHT FOR MEN'S RIGHTS

reddit 4 eva
I've used the name Emperor McScumbag for steam, as well as older games like Doom or Duke Nukem. Usually running around with a rocket launcher, fragging enemy and teammate alike, while saying "Out of my way, peasants"

Also back then I enjoyed griefing in video games, a lot. I also suck at making names for forums, so I thought it sounded decent.

asciidic
Aug 19, 2005

lord of the valves

ascii + dic(k)
Meant to be pronounced "acidic" but in Ventrilo/Skype/whatever I usually hear "a-see-dick", "asky-dick", or just "dick".

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
Michael Bluth asked GOB Bluth what the name of his wife was and GOB replied incredibly incorrectly.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

asciidic posted:

ascii + dic(k)
Meant to be pronounced "acidic" but in Ventrilo/Skype/whatever I usually hear "a-see-dick", "asky-dick", or just "dick".

I thought it was an EBCDIC joke this whole time.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Inspired by this song.

Modest Mouse posted:

Well, some day you will die somehow and
Something's going to steal your carbon
Some day something will die and
Somehow you'll figure out how
Often you will die somehow and
Something's going to steal your carbon

Tried to Google it and turns out it's also a video game?

DEVILDOGOOORAH
Aug 2, 2010

~Animu fan~
I'm a legit MARSOC operator scout sniper/delta/hush hush force so it seemed appropriate

Ghostsauce
Jun 4, 2005

scared you didnt i lmbo
It means jizz.

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001
When AOL used to mail out those CDs for free 1000 hours of dial-up internet they also included a random two word password to activate the free trial. Omits-Bagels was one of the activation codes and I thought it was funny. And so here I am... 13 years later.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
I liked medabots as a kid and never knew the right way to spell that robot's name.

NadaTooma
Aug 24, 2004

The good thing is that everyone around you has more critical failures in combat, the bad thing is - so do you!
An old movie reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ucfgdFrlho

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
A weird game our gym teacher used to make us play that's apparently big in Canada and Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sp-bxYtZIw

Asobu
Sep 16, 2007

My guitar is in my BUTT!
Soiled Meat
I took my two favorite words "bumble" and "chump" and put them together.

I was also trying to find a way to put "yuck" in there, as it was my first baby word, but it didn't sound as good.

BriceFxP
May 16, 2013

Drunk as a Dog
Mine goes back about 15 years or so. Brice being a name I've always liked and used in many D&D campaigns in the late 70's and early 80's.

During the 90's I got heavily into FxP file trading and was a member of a pretty successful team, and when I joined their forums and BBS service I just taked on FxP to it and there ya go.

Though those days are long gone, I've just stuck with the name on just about every forum I've been a member of.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Carbon Thief posted:

Inspired by this song.

Tried to Google it and turns out it's also a video game?

I could've sworn that line was "steal your coffin". Learn something new every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSXRMikeS
Jun 2, 2013
Enjoy the GSX-R750 Motorcycle. Mike is short for Michael, and the S is the first initial of my last name. Creative, right?

• Locked thread