Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

PantsBandit posted:

So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

I'm curious, how is Deathstroke beating Raven consistently? Does the Raven player just not even try to approach? She isn't terrible at zoning, and if she's in mid range it means that DS can't jump anymore, which makes his zoning a lot more predictable. Deathstroke also can't just shut down Raven's trait teleport like Sinestro can.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5. Grain of salt but wow.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

PantsBandit posted:

Air teleport.

EDIT: I think most Raven players don't bother using her trait because it takes so long to activate. It wasn't until last night that I learned you can activate her trait in the air. That made it a lot more feasible or me to use.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 05:51 on May 11, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5.

How the gently caress is Sinestro anywhere close to positive vs. Flash?

I can see Sinestro being 5-5 vs. Supes. But not Flash.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Raven players tend to rely on her force-grab which is super punishable with guns. You can shoot her out of the beginning of her teleport animation so if she activates demon mode just keep hammering her with the machine gun. If she airteleports then use a sword spin and continue to zone. If she does get in her melee is kinda slow so it's easy to get the distance back and then you can keep hitting her with the machine gun and mb machine gun. All I know is I haven't lost to a Raven in that matchup once.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

AndyElusive posted:

Wow. Pig of the Hut says Sinestro vs Flash is 6-4 and Supes is 5-5. Grain of salt but wow.

While I think that vs Flash is inspired by drugs considering every projectile Sinestro has is punishable by Flashes charge, I do believe Sinestro vs Supes is 5-5. Supes gets outzoned hard against Sinestro and he has no real way in except to just be patient.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

PantsBandit posted:

This isn't really true, Raven is even one of the few characters with a teleport which can light Deathstroke up if used properly. Ducking his straight pistol shot will get you a soul crush, blocking it up close you can also punish it with a reversal soul crush, blocking machine gun will also get you a soul crush as a punish. From full screen her projectile absorb will also absorb guns if you're good at pre-empting them.

edit:

PantsBandit posted:

Raven players tend to rely on her force-grab which is super punishable with guns. You can shoot her out of the beginning of her teleport animation so if she activates demon mode just keep hammering her with the machine gun. If she airteleports then use a sword spin and continue to zone. If she does get in her melee is kinda slow so it's easy to get the distance back and then you can keep hitting her with the machine gun and mb machine gun. All I know is I haven't lost to a Raven in that matchup once.

You're playing dummies, I'm not even the best at the matchup obviously but Raven is by no means free. She shouldn't ever be using soul crush against Deathstroke without a reason, sword flip is also one of the easiest specials in the game to punish and it's simple to bait out from poor Deathstroke players. Raven shouldn't be just eating your machine guns, if any of them gets blocked it's a very easy punish because the recovery on them doesn't even require you to reversal them to punish them. Machine gun is one of the worst tools against Raven because the startup is easily beaten by soul crush. If you're a mediocre Deathstroke player and can't play his up close game as well as his zoning game then a competent Raven shouldn't be losing against you.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 11, 2013

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Okay, does anybody want to get an XBL room going?

I'll start "goonsdfghhgbb"

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Made a quick video about that Wonder Woman glitch/bug/feature I mentioned yesterday in the goon room: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2UVsQvCaRM

Just random damage off EX Whip, what causes it? I don't know.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Picked this game up the other day, just beat story mode, going through the battles now. I don't play much of fighting games online as I suck at them (except MK, I was ok at it...not great, but ok) but the single player is still pretty fun. I do hate Harley Quinn's redesign with a burning passion though. I spent $4 on a skin pack just to make her not look like a clown themed prostitute.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

TheJoker138 posted:

Picked this game up the other day, just beat story mode, going through the battles now. I don't play much of fighting games online as I suck at them (except MK, I was ok at it...not great, but ok) but the single player is still pretty fun. I do hate Harley Quinn's redesign with a burning passion though. I spent $4 on a skin pack just to make her not look like a clown themed prostitute.

I suck too and hate fighting game people because they are no fun and send you mean messages about being a friend of the family human being jew when you win/lose. The 360 goon population is great. They will help you not suck so much and you will have fun.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Why has the FGC suddenly a symbol of everything that's bad in this thread? We like to be competitive and play the game on a high level, that's not the same as calling you a jew when we lose. Guess what, people who bought the game just because the Joker is on the cover will also call you bad names when they get mad. It has nothing to do with whether they're a "fighting game player" or not.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Ggs gimea rubdown. Reallly had to go to bed. I had a poo poo connection to that rugpisser guy and couldn't block boulders and block/dash on reaction so I just went full rampage with doomsday before I left. You should get up with arikado or someone and learn flash stuff. You kinda hung yourself when we played and let me just wait for a punish usually.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Soonmot posted:

I suck too and hate fighting game people because they are no fun and send you mean messages about being a friend of the family human being jew when you win/lose. The 360 goon population is great. They will help you not suck so much and you will have fun.

I got it on PS3 :(

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Ok so I was in the room for like a minute, and looks like the dealy what plugs your headset into your stick just broke off inside my stick so I gotta fix that(if I can). I'll be back on in the room maybe in 20-30 mins if I can get this poo poo figured out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm on PSN right now if anyone wants to run some 1v1 sets.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Ggs gimea rubdown. Reallly had to go to bed. I had a poo poo connection to that rugpisser guy and couldn't block boulders and block/dash on reaction so I just went full rampage with doomsday before I left. You should get up with arikado or someone and learn flash stuff. You kinda hung yourself when we played and let me just wait for a punish usually.

Ggs, and don't worry, I know. I'm aware of every time I do an unsafe move/combo, half the time it's just a hosed up input, the other times I'm just panicking. I'm still looking to get with Arikado asap to practice though. Tonight I'm loving around more than anything, not really at the top of my game.

I really loved Rugpisser's name.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Holy Calamity! posted:

I really loved Rugpisser's name.

Thanks

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

AnonSpore posted:

Why has the FGC suddenly a symbol of everything that's bad in this thread? We like to be competitive and play the game on a high level, that's not the same as calling you a jew when we lose. Guess what, people who bought the game just because the Joker is on the cover will also call you bad names when they get mad. It has nothing to do with whether they're a "fighting game player" or not.

The giant stick up your rear end over a tongue in cheek post is pretty much the reason. Believe it or not, people play game for different reasons. I'm not a competitive gamer, I like co-op or single player games. I don't know if Joker is the same, but from his post and recognizing him from BSS, I thought I would let him know that the goons playing this game are not assholes, will actually take the time to help people who suck get better at the game and make the multiplayer component fun.

Except you. You are the stereotype.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

I think you might be overreacting. He complemented fighting game goons for being helpful and not taking videogames too seriously.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
While also implying that anyone who takes the game seriously and is involved in the FGC is some kind of stereotypical rear end in a top hat? Meanwhile anonspore didn't insult anyone or make an aggressive post that should insult anyone. Some people, myself included, are competitive and like being as good as possible at the game. We've also repeatedly made helpful posts and offered to help teach people if they want. Goons and FGC people overlap quite a bit sometimes, they aren't exclusive of each other. People blowing stuff out of proportion I guess.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Honestly I feel that Soonmot's posts were a generalization and then an overreaction and that you are vastly underestimating the potential for random folks to be the one sending hate messages because they don't understand the game past the level of "press button, punch dudes", just like AnonSpore said. I don't tend to play random people all that often, but even I have gotten "learn to play, fag" hatemail from the guy who never stops jumping/pressing buttons/not blocking/etc.

Also it sorta sucks to try and be helpful and answer folks' questions and then see people making generalizations like that about the "serious business no fun" fighting game funs.

Anyway, moving back to game discussion, this is probably obvious to some folks, but I saw it on a stream and started incorporating it into my Superman play. In any of his BnBs that go into b3 j3 22 XX df1, instead of ending with 3 XX df2, db1 for max damage or ending with 3 XX bf3 for more carry toward corner, I've started ending with sweep for the untechable knockdown. It sacrifices a relatively small amount of damage to keep Superman in your opponent's face, ready to either go into a mixup off 22, pressure with safe f23 XX breath, or just block and punish a panic wakeup attack.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Injustice at Super Arcade: http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

Seems to be grand finals.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Honestly I feel that Soonmot's posts were a generalization and then an overreaction and that you are vastly underestimating the potential for random folks to be the one sending hate messages because they don't understand the game past the level of "press button, punch dudes", just like AnonSpore said. I don't tend to play random people all that often, but even I have gotten "learn to play, fag" hatemail from the guy who never stops jumping/pressing buttons/not blocking/etc.

Also it sorta sucks to try and be helpful and answer folks' questions and then see people making generalizations like that about the "serious business no fun" fighting game funs.

I didn't get the impression that his post was directed at anyone here. It seemed like a harmless vent about pubbies.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My friend who's a game dev has a dream of making a fighting game that the fighting game community will not be able to enjoy, but others will. Godspeed, brave soldier.

Apologies if this has been covered in the last thread, but does Lobo come with any alt costumes?

Nique
May 18, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

My friend who's a game dev has a dream of making a fighting game that the fighting game community will not be able to enjoy, but others will. Godspeed, brave soldier.

Smash Bros?

Lobo has no other costumes, no.

Mr Fixit
Mar 7, 2008
I'm enjoying this game so much, I re-upped to xbox gold, only to find my entire friends list nuked. I added myself to the meta-tag and plan on getting some playtime in this weekend. In as MIST3R FIXIT.

Edit: Hey Fingers, you ole such n' such! You were always one of my favorite people to lose to. Whats your GT?

Mr Fixit fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 11, 2013

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Mr Fixit posted:

I'm enjoying this game so much, I re-upped to xbox gold, only to find my entire friends list nuked. I added myself to the meta-tag and plan on getting some playtime in this weekend. In as MIST3R FIXIT.

Edit: Hey Fingers, you ole such n' such! You were always one of my favorite people to lose to. Whats your GT?

FingersMLD. I'll be on tonight around 11 probably if you're still up. I work odd times and days but hit me up any time you see me on, I'm always down to play.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TheJoker138 posted:

I got it on PS3 :(

The PSN crew is awesome how dare you frown. Be sure to give out your PSN name, or to add it to the spreadsheet in the OP.

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
Hey, did anyone more casual with the game on XBL wanna play around later? I won't be off work until 3pm MST, but if you want, you can add my tag. It's HonorableThief.

I love playing with the hardcore people here, but sometimes it feels like I watch for 10 minutes to get annihilated in 10 seconds.

checkstock
Dec 18, 2011

Videotendo posted:

Hey, did anyone more casual with the game on XBL wanna play around later? I won't be off work until 3pm MST, but if you want, you can add my tag. It's HonorableThief.

I love playing with the hardcore people here, but sometimes it feels like I watch for 10 minutes to get annihilated in 10 seconds.

You should just play 1v1s with someone. If you're bad, you might lose in 10 seconds, but at least you can do it over and over instead of waiting 10 minutes!

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Videotendo posted:

That'll happen. However, all those losses against people like EvilCanadian, Arikado, and FingersMLD teach me so much everytime I play, and then eventually I'll beat them. I think I've gotten Canadian's Wonder Woman a couple times, so I have to be getting better.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
I can't believe I didn't see this in my radar when it was being promo, being late to the party, do a ton of people still play this online?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Unbound posted:

That'll happen. However, all those losses against people like EvilCanadian, Arikado, and FingersMLD teach me so much everytime I play, and then eventually I'll beat them. I think I've gotten Canadian's Wonder Woman a couple times, so I have to be getting better.

Yeap you blew past my WW a few times. I can tell a lot of people have been improving.

Remember always the biggest take away you can have is "Ok I lost, so why did I lose?". Whatever brought you down is something you need to work on or at least be conscious of.

*ed*

Interstellar Owl posted:

do a ton of people still play this online?

That's more of a question you would ask when the game is a year+ old, Injustice isn't even a month old yet.

But anyways, yes tons of people online, this is more than likely the best selling fighter since MK9.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Interstellar Owl posted:

I can't believe I didn't see this in my radar when it was being promo, being late to the party, do a ton of people still play this online?

The game is only like 3 weeks old. There are thousands of people online. Post you GT/PSN and get with some goons.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeap you blew past my WW a few times. I can tell a lot of people have been improving.

Remember always the biggest take away you can have is "Ok I lost, so why did I lose?". Whatever brought you down is something you need to work on or at least be conscious of.

*ed*

That's more of a question you would ask when the game is a year+ old, Injustice isn't even a month old yet.

But anyways, yes tons of people online, this is more than likely the best selling fighter since MK9.

Awesome, I'm going to pick this up today.

XBL is InterstellarOwl

I heard Solomon Grundy is OP, is this true?

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Interstellar Owl posted:

XBL is InterstellarOwl

He's not OP, just unique in the best of ways.

Seems like anything that has the word 'man' in the name is the closest to OP, but still not entirely OP. Except for Superman's 2-frame Super.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Interstellar Owl posted:

XBL is InterstellarOwl

Solomon Grundy is just really easy to use. It doesn't take a lot to be good with Grundy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

Unbound posted:

He's not OP, just unique in the best of ways.

Seems like anything that has the word 'man' in the name is the closest to OP, but still not entirely OP. Except for Superman's 2-frame Super.

Ah okay, that makes me feel better. That turned me off of the game when a buddy of mine who loves fighting game says the game was horrible unbalanced and unplayable.

• Locked thread