Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Looking for some 1v1 at the moment on XBL if anyone is down.

GT ErrantElement

Edit: I'm getting ranked matches against Deathstrokes who don't zone, Supermans who don't punish and Aquamen who rage quit. Ranked mode is so random sometimes.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
Most who says Injustice is horribly unbalanced or unplayable probably came in with a very hard bias to Capcom-ish fighters. They are completely different beasts that appeal to different sensibilities. I can't stand Capcom fighters, but love MK/Injustice.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011
Honestly, anybody who claims it's "unbalanced and unplayable" and cites Solomon Grundy as an example is probably not very good at fighting games. Injustice has its issues just like every other fighter but it sounds like he's just unwilling or unable to learn how to fight against command grabs and/or super armor.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

Videotendo posted:

Most who says Injustice is horribly unbalanced or unplayable probably came in with a very hard bias to Capcom-ish fighters. They are completely different beasts that appeal to different sensibilities. I can't stand Capcom fighters, but love MK/Injustice.

Yeah, he's a big SF4 player back in the day. He was reasoning was he said that you could be grabbed while down, not that there are command groups. He said he was like a Super Zangief. Glad it's not that case tough, can' wait to pick it up.

SigmusAmadeus
Apr 12, 2007
Lawlerbot
Grundy doesn't have a grab that picks you up when you're on the ground, it's just part of the animation of his chain grab.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I'm on XBL right now, strangemobius if anyone wants to play a bit. Looking at a secondary character and just messing about.

Nique
May 18, 2006

So I assume most of the goon lobbies are in the US, is it going to be playable/enjoyable or just a pain in the rear end for everyone if I join? (Me being a euro)

edit: 360. Guess i'll try it next time I see one up and see how it feels, just didn't want to be a jerk if it was known to be awful, cheers.

Nique fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 11, 2013

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Nique posted:

So I assume most of the goon lobbies are in the US, is it going to be playable/enjoyable or just a pain in the rear end for everyone if I join? (Me being a euro)

Depends, are you on 360 or PS3? The latter can't connect across the Atlantic due to region locking apparently, but the former would just depend on what ping you get.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Good games strangemobius! Thanks a lot for the 1v1 sesh! I don't get to fight against very many Black Adams, if ever.

It's crazy having to block low from full screen.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Who's up for some PS3 goon Injustice tonight? :dance:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

KombatNetwork streaming Injustice: http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

AndyElusive posted:

Good games strangemobius! Thanks a lot for the 1v1 sesh! I don't get to fight against very many Black Adams, if ever.

It's crazy having to block low from full screen.

Thanks, kind words from someone who utterly mopped up against me! Similarly, Sinestro is an unknown quantity for me, I don't see a lot of him. It's a devious style: you want to dash in to get past boulders, but then you eat a combo in close.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I really appreciate you posting streams, because while I might not catch them live I can always watch some archives for fun, cheers!

Interstellar Owl posted:

Ah okay, that makes me feel better. That turned me off of the game when a buddy of mine who loves fighting game says the game was horrible unbalanced and unplayable.

Haha, I love people like this. I can understand not liking the game but playing it for, what, maybe 2 weeks and declaring it "horribly unbalanced and unplayable" is just hilarious. You might want to take said friend's opinions with a grain of salt from now on.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf

Krad posted:

Who's up for some PS3 goon Injustice tonight? :dance:

I will be sometime later tonight.

PSN: Praetor51

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Videotendo posted:

Hey, did anyone more casual with the game on XBL wanna play around later? I won't be off work until 3pm MST, but if you want, you can add my tag. It's HonorableThief.

I love playing with the hardcore people here, but sometimes it feels like I watch for 10 minutes to get annihilated in 10 seconds.

<----GT Add me. If I'm dicking around in Skyrim I'll take a break to play. If it's late night/early morning and I'm in Netflix, I'm probably sleeping.

Didn't mean to insult anyone here last night, nor did I mean to put anyone down for being competitive. I have not played against a single goon who has been anything less than helpful. This is a great community for getting casual people who usually just want to spam special moves or throws (me in every previous fighting game) to actually learn how to play. You guys rock, seriously.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Quick and easy question:

If I loved the poo poo out of Mortal Kombat, will I love the poo poo out of this? Is the netcode any better (on PS3)? I didn't have a lot of netcode problems with MK9 but it was still pretty bad when nobody was online but people in Brazil or whatever.

If Ambush Bug ever gets added, I will buy two copies.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

<----GT Add me. If I'm dicking around in Skyrim I'll take a break to play. If it's late night/early morning and I'm in Netflix, I'm probably sleeping.

Didn't mean to insult anyone here last night, nor did I mean to put anyone down for being competitive. I have not played against a single goon who has been anything less than helpful. This is a great community for getting casual people who usually just want to spam special moves or throws (me in every previous fighting game) to actually learn how to play. You guys rock, seriously.

I'm pretty happy the fights against my really bad Grundy have been helpful.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

Quick and easy question:

If I loved the poo poo out of Mortal Kombat, will I love the poo poo out of this? Is the netcode any better (on PS3)? I didn't have a lot of netcode problems with MK9 but it was still pretty bad when nobody was online but people in Brazil or whatever.

If Ambush Bug ever gets added, I will buy two copies.

I loved MK9 too, and I quite like this game. It's got a lot of minute differences to get past, and it's weird to not have horrible bloody fatalities anymore, but it has much of the same feel. The characters feel more distinct and rounded out, thanks in part to the awesome character power gimmick.

The story mode isn't nearly as good, and the equivalent of the challenge tower is outright awful, but eh.

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
Finally got my xbox live running, my GT is Nawde. Looking forward to playing against you all!

e: made a room on XBL, named "Goonroom"

e2: Wow, I thought I was doing pretty well practicing against the computer but holy poo poo do I ever get my rear end kicked.

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 12, 2013

Thunderchops
May 27, 2005
Both how I'm livin' and my nose is large.

precision posted:

Is the netcode any better (on PS3)?

Seems better to me. It may take a little bit to find player matches, but the amount of laggy connects has been real low for me in the Midwest U. S. I haven't seen any stutter during a match where there wasn't already stutter on the character select.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

So I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but...in the Batgirl trailer, does her chest look...weird? Or is that just me? Like someone accidentally set the boob size slider to 3 or 4 times what it was supposed to be. She's got crazy old school Lara Croft boobs going on there, and I don't like it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

TheJoker138 posted:

So I don't know if this has been discussed yet, but...in the Batgirl trailer, does her chest look...weird? Or is that just me? Like someone accidentally set the boob size slider to 3 or 4 times what it was supposed to be. She's got crazy old school Lara Croft boobs going on there, and I don't like it.

That's just how NRS designs women.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Alteisen posted:

That's just how NRS designs women.

Have you seen Killer Frost? She looks as normal as a woman with ice powers can look.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'll be on for an hour if anyone wants to play on xbox. FingersMLD

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Vindication Series Injustice (fair warning, Aris is on commentary): http://www.twitch.tv/offcast/

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2yeqCnux1w

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

But... doesn't it net you a win if your opponent disconnects? Or least the quiter a loss? That was gorgeous.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Soonmot posted:

But... doesn't it net you a win if your opponent disconnects? Or least the quiter a loss? That was gorgeous.

You both get losses. I think it's a bug.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I know that the frame data in the move lists is supposed to be bugged or wrong to some extent, but is there anywhere to find out exactly what is incorrect? Is it all off by x amount of frames or just certain things or ???

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I know that the frame data in the move lists is supposed to be bugged or wrong to some extent, but is there anywhere to find out exactly what is incorrect? Is it all off by x amount of frames or just certain things or ???

Some(all?) multi-hit moves have their frame data based on the first hit, not the last. Which causes some pretty confusing things.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Fingers McLongDong posted:

As Crofts said, pretty much any multi-hitting move is wrong, and certain other moves are, too. For instance, Hawkgirl's Mace Charge is listed at -8 but you can block Superman's super afterward.

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Ferris Airfield is such a terrible level. I'm fine with the interactibles in every other space, but the airfield is full of bullshit beyond bullshit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I just noticed you can hold down R to rev up the motorcycle without ramming the other player in Wayne Manor, I spent a solid 40 seconds just revving it up while my friend looked at me like I was an idiot. This game owns.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Jmcrofts posted:

You both get losses. I think it's a bug.

There's a fix coming with Batgirl.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I played 27 ranked games tonight, 16 of them involved someone rage quitting on me.

FUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK :ssj:

I wanted to end my session on a win, took 5 games straight before I got someone who wouldn't ragequit. This poo poo is more frustrating than any kind of actual losing at this point.

*ed*

For something more constructive than just bitching, and maybe this should have been obvious but I only just found it out earlier; is that WonderWoman can cancel into her stance switch off strings. Now this really doesn't mean much outside of some potential corner combos because Sword stance is hot garbage but hey, there it is :unsmith:

Evil Canadian fucked around with this message at 09:24 on May 12, 2013

kstatix
Mar 20, 2006

Its pretty sad that I'm on vacation in Hawaii with my fiancee and I can't loving wait to get back home and play. I haven't told her that though, I wouldn't dare. I got some practice time in with lobo before I left and I'm itching to get some more.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Evil Canadian posted:

I played 27 ranked games tonight, 16 of them involved someone rage quitting on me.

FUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK :ssj:

For something more constructive than just bitching, and maybe this should have been obvious but I only just found it out earlier; is that WonderWoman can cancel into her stance switch off strings. Now this really doesn't mean much outside of some potential corner combos because Sword stance is hot garbage but hey, there it is :unsmith:

Honestly I wouldn't touch ranked with a 10 foot pole until they fix that.

Also I'm pretty sure I told you this before, or at least mentioned it in the last thread, but midscreen Wonder Woman can link from certain SnS strings into 4, Lasso Spin. I think she can do it off 11, 2 and maybe something else I forgot. It's really tough because you can't allow WW to return to a neutral state (because that's how NRS keeps things like ground strings linking into each other and making infinites from happening), and you can't buffer the Lasso Spin's input, so it's essentially a one frame link. If you do get it though, you can do like SnS 11~4 Lasso Spin 23 b3 j3 23 XX Lasso Grab or something like that.

On another note, after getting frustrated at the deficiencies of some of the secondary characters I was trying out, I'm starting to put some lab time into Green Lantern. I'm doing so partly because I like his space control, especially that hitbox on Lantern's Might, and partly because I love his Yellow Lantern outfit.

I was looking at his TestYourMight character subforum in the BnB thread they have for GL, but there's quite a bit of clutter and redundant or unnecessary combo variations. One of the things that helps me learn is writing/typing stuff out, so I've been working on paring the list down a bit to only the necessary variations. It's still a pretty big list, considering that each starter has 0, 1, and 2 meter variations and trait cancels in some of the combos, but in my mind it's an improvement. If anyone would like the list once I'm done fixing it up, let me know and I can post it in here (and then immediately find out I missed something obvious, probably).

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I'd love you to drop the lantern knowledge :)

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher

Soonmot posted:

Sorry I missed you last night, I had no chance to get to my 360. I will hopefully be free after work today though. I really need some 1v1 training.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I just noticed you can hold down R to rev up the motorcycle without ramming the other player in Wayne Manor, I spent a solid 40 seconds just revving it up while my friend looked at me like I was an idiot. This game owns.

Hahahaha this loving game. Can't wait for motorcycle mindgames to enter high-level play.

• Locked thread