Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I literally did it myself and the entries for the first 4 DLC characters are there just like he claims. I have no idea where he's getting the stuff for the second set but he himself said they could mean nothing at all.

I don't doubt that, but he made that discovery really early. It's been a few weeks now, you would expect someone else to have found stuff if it's there.

I don't know, I'm always skeptical it's a Bigpeeler kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Good games Liar Lyre. Our connection was... weird. It was fine like 90% of the time, to the point where I felt like it was as close to offline as it gets, but then we'd get lag spikes. I wonder if it has to do with the crumbling poo poo in the background. I've heard that makes the game itself lag on PS3 at times.

Also, in case you're wondering why I was jumping around to a bunch of characters, I was mostly checking to see whose stuff I could or couldn't do in a connection like ours.

I know what the problem was. My brother got on the computer for a little bit to check his email or something. Things you just got to deal with. Oh well, you still dominated me. And I broke your 14 game win streak. :v:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Lurdiak posted:

Animal Man. :allears:

I had no idea who this was until now. I googled him and now I need to read up/hope for him somehow being in the game. It would be interesting to see how they would manage that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Part of me kind of doubts they'll do more than four characters. They did that whole "we'll start with four and maybe more later!!!" thing with MK9 and we only ever got four.

People in those threads were similarly pissed about Freddy Kreuger in mk9. And just like the people in this thread, they were wrong.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Liar Lyre posted:

I know what the problem was. My brother got on the computer for a little bit to check his email or something. Things you just got to deal with. Oh well, you still dominated me. And I broke your 14 game win streak. :v:

Hey man, we all gotta start somewhere. If you want advice or help learning a character, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Hey man, we all gotta start somewhere. If you want advice or help learning a character, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Nah, it's alright. I know the combos and the strategies. I just suck at the execution while playing. BTW, those Harley combos that end in the command grab are brutal. No knockdown = no wake up.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I'll be on xbox for a while if anyone wants to play. If I go dead body suddenly its because I had to answer a phonecall but I'll come back.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Blast Fantasto posted:

Part of me kind of doubts they'll do more than four characters. They did that whole "we'll start with four and maybe more later!!!" thing with MK9 and we only ever got four.

People in those threads were similarly pissed about Freddy Kreuger in mk9. And just like the people in this thread, they were wrong.

In fact, Ed Boon said Freddy Kreuger was their best-selling DLC.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Kilometers Davis posted:

I had no idea who this was until now. I googled him and now I need to read up/hope for him somehow being in the game. It would be interesting to see how they would manage that.

Read the old Morrison trades and then move on to the current series. Animal Man is great.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

HOLY CRAP, do this NRS and I'll buy a second copy of the game, seriously. Red Hood :flashfap:

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Good games everyone, thanks for helping me up my Nightwing game.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Soonmot posted:

Read the old Morrison trades and then move on to the current series. Animal Man is great.

Actually, skip Rotworld as it goes on forever and doesn't really accomplish anything in the long run!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

HOLY CRAP, do this NRS and I'll buy a second copy of the game, seriously. Red Hood :flashfap:

I'd really love for Joker to have a classic Red Hood skin, it's a really classy golden age villain look compared to Jason Todd's forced Vigilante shtick.

And while I'm pipe-dreaming, they could also change his weapon animations and voice acting to make him sound more like a gentleman thief and less like Joker. :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lurdiak posted:

I'd really love for Joker to have a classic Red Hood skin, it's a really classy golden age villain look compared to Jason Todd's forced Vigilante shtick.

And while I'm pipe-dreaming, they could also change his weapon animations and voice acting to make him sound more like a gentleman thief and less like Joker. :allears:

If that comes on the killing joke pack, day one buy :allears:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

(queued appropriately) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qOdggdLPLM&t=156s

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Lurdiak posted:

Brave and the Bold has you covered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfXcT_EQWHE

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yes, yes, I want to play as this man. :swoon:

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."
Is this a game I'm gonna seed a fight stick to do these insane combos that I see doing, I checked guides on shoryuken but they're all confusing and use a lot of complicated terms. Also, any tips for someone who'd like to find a character to main with? What kind of characters are wonder woman/flash/joker? (Ones I've found I like playing so far)

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009

Interstellar Owl posted:

Is this a game I'm gonna seed a fight stick to do these insane combos that I see doing, I checked guides on shoryuken but they're all confusing and use a lot of complicated terms. Also, any tips for someone who'd like to find a character to main with? What kind of characters are wonder woman/flash/joker? (Ones I've found I like playing so far)

The game is designed with pad as the main control scheme, I think most of the top 'pros' play on pad.

rocket USA
Sep 14, 2011

Interstellar Owl posted:

The game is really pad friendly. I use a stick out of habit, but virtually everything is doable on pad and there are some top players who use them without problems.

Wonder Woman and Flash are both aggressive characters. I don't know very much about Flash, but with Wonder Woman you mostly want to use her mobility and strong normals to force them to the corner where you eat them alive.

Joker is weird and gimmicky. He's mediocre most of the time but if you get an opportunity to set up a series of unblockables with his chattering teeth he can win a round in seconds. His main other advantage are his insanely huge crowbar normals.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
A clear look of Tourist Joker

They also claimed that the Killing Joke pack will consist of three skins, I suppose that one would be 'Classic Batman' but no idea on the other one (Failed Comedian Joker perhaps?:haw:) and in the week they'll announce a 'surprise' pack

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Anybody else have difficulty doing BF inputs online? I can get them consistently offline but online all grundy ever wants to do simple 3 attacks and not walking corpse. It's loving annoying since it just cost me an easy win online.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

A clear look of Tourist Joker

They also claimed that the Killing Joke pack will consist of three skins, I suppose that one would be 'Classic Batman' but no idea on the other one (Failed Comedian Joker perhaps?:haw:) and in the week they'll announce a 'surprise' pack

drat that looks good. I assume one of the costumes is a Batgirl skin. Hopefully the other pack includes something for Lobo.

Interstellar Owl
Nov 3, 2010

"The universe seems neither benign nor hostile, merely owl like."

rocket USA posted:

The game is really pad friendly. I use a stick out of habit, but virtually everything is doable on pad and there are some top players who use them without problems.

Wonder Woman and Flash are both aggressive characters. I don't know very much about Flash, but with Wonder Woman you mostly want to use her mobility and strong normals to force them to the corner where you eat them alive.

Joker is weird and gimmicky. He's mediocre most of the time but if you get an opportunity to set up a series of unblockables with his chattering teeth he can win a round in seconds. His main other advantage are his insanely huge crowbar normals.

That's good to hear, don't have to dig up my fight stick from the dustbin. It's just been a process to find a character that I enjoy, and being I only played SF4/3 before this as a fighter, I've found it hard to find comparable characters to who I played in those.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I just got juggled for my entire life bar against a batman player. Goddamn I'm loving terrible at this game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Fibby Boy posted:

Anybody else have difficulty doing BF inputs online? I can get them consistently offline but online all grundy ever wants to do simple 3 attacks and not walking corpse. It's loving annoying since it just cost me an easy win online.

Not specifically BF inputs but all inputs are harder online. There's a stream of a very good player who has done very well at tournaments doing random ranked matches and he drops over 2/3rds of his combos.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Not specifically BF inputs but all inputs are harder online. There's a stream of a very good player who has done very well at tournaments doing random ranked matches and he drops over 2/3rds of his combos.

Yeah I can't get any of my grundy inputs to come out correctly when I need them in ranked. Black Adam using his dive kick only? Well an anti air grab will take care of thWHAT THE gently caress WHY ARE YOU SWINGING HELPLESSLY AT THE AIR?!

Edit: I can't loving win because none of my inputs go through correctly.

Edit2: That last loss marks my 40th straight loss in ranked.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 13, 2013

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
I managed to get a combo off in a online game one time so far.

I felt like I should have gotten an achievement for it.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
If you're losing 40 games in a row or not landing a single combo its probably not just the connections fault you're losing unless you're on dialup!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Inputs are exactly the same online as off. You might be stressing out a bit worrying about it as fighting a faceless guy in ranked is quite different experience than having someone right beside you, and then botching some of the inputs.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Fingers McLongDong posted:

If you're losing 40 games in a row or not landing a single combo its probably not just the connections fault you're losing unless you're on dialup!

I'm actually on really bad wifi. Like I said my problem was I could get walking corpse out so I could get in. I know I'm by no measure a good player but I know I'm not that loving terrible. I have the exact same problem in 1v1 matches with soonmot.

I did finally win against a green arrow. Now that I have the Green Lantern's yellow costume I don't have to play ranked again!

Edit: Also I guess if anyone wants to pad their win/loss or try to teach me anything, I'll be online. Just send an invite to offshoretoast.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 19:12 on May 13, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Tom Brady/REO's Tier List:
S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo

Discuss...

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh
Cyborg requires execution to be at the top there but once you get that execution down he should be a ridiculous powerhouse, especially if you actually pull off the block infinite because all it requires is consistent input of low IANBs.

sentrygun fucked around with this message at 19:18 on May 13, 2013

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I can't play in online unless it's in a lobby, it takes me a couple of fights to get acclimated to the online connection so I get better as we keep playing. Problem with ranked is you only get one fight.

Not really an issue since I prefer lobbies anyway, I learn more there.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend

Evil Canadian posted:

Inputs are exactly the same online as off. You might be stressing out a bit worrying about it as fighting a faceless guy in ranked is quite different experience than having someone right beside you, and then botching some of the inputs.

I think this is my biggest issue so far. That and I just don't know how to actually get in on a guy. It feels like when I finally do land a hit, I've become so dumbfounded that I managed to pull it off, that I forget what I'm supposed to do next.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Liar Lyre posted:

Tom Brady/REO's Tier List:
S+ Cyborg (with block infinite combo)
S Aquaman, Batman, Black Adam, Deathstroke, Superman
S- Green Lantern, Wonder Woman
A+ Doomsday, Killer Frost, Nightwing, Solomon Grundy
A Catwoman, Green Arrow, Hawkgirl, Raven, Sinestro, The Flash
A- Ares, Joker, Shazam
B Harley Quinn, Lex Luthor
C Bane, Lobo

Discuss...

Mostly agree, however Deathstroke much too high and GL is easily in the same grouping with aqua/bat/superman.

Also IMO Shazam is the worst character in the game.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Bane's correct though. I love the big man but he needs some help.

Luckily, someone from the developer team is watching TestYourMight, so there's a chance that he'll get better. Reducing some of his horrible Venom cooldown penalties would help a lot.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yeah, I like that tier list too. Lobo probably should be higher, but he's new so I'll let it slide. Overall the listing is tight. Lots of great characters in the game and I hope patching doesn't throw it completely off.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I think a cool Bane change would be to give his f+2 and f+2,d normals armor in all levels of venom. That might be way too broken though, since you can use dash cancelling to basically make those like a focus attack.

I don't think bane's bad though. You have to work to get in but his mixups are so dangerous once you do.

BTW I wanted to ask SN64 or any other Bane guys, do you ever mess with comboing into sweep? You can land it after b+2,3 and there are probably more damaging combos that go into it. Off a sweep you get a free crossup since they can't ground tech, or any of a myriad of high/low/throw mixups. Seems like a good option midscreen where backdashes can counter a lot of your oki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

That's a pretty solid early tier list. I'd bump Green Lantern up to S and Killer Frost up to S-, though.

• Locked thread