Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

His damage is pretty crazy, but he doesnt have a great hi/low game to start it off..and by gosd his f3 is terrible.

On the other hand, that trait is amazing, seems to be his best way to get in once you put the fear of doing anything into them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I hate how the skins don't unlock through all PS3 accounts. I'm unlocking everything except Flash and Lex from Stars missions on spouses account and guest account. I hate having to do this.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Spuckuk posted:

His damage is pretty crazy, but he doesnt have a great hi/low game to start it off..and by gosd his f3 is terrible.

On the other hand, that trait is amazing, seems to be his best way to get in once you put the fear of doing anything into them.

Trait + Kryptonion Rifle Slow + Kryptonion Rifle Fast + Trait + Pistol = nothing short of amazing.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I feel like not enough people have commented on the complete weirdness of Depeche Mode being in this game.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Blast Fantasto posted:

I feel like not enough people have commented on the complete weirdness of Depeche Mode being in this game.

What? Where is Depeche Mode?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I'm on PSN looking for 1v1 matches if anyone else wants to play! My tag is Demmonaz.

e: scratch this, taking a break for now, will probably be back to play later tonight.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

What? Where is Depeche Mode?

Song over the game credits, lol.

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jul 4, 2013

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
Wish I could have plated with you guys last night but I can't stop playing Dark Souls. For those in the know, I'm playing my first SL1 run and I'm addicted. Thirteen hours in the last two days addicted :darksouls:2

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

WarEternal posted:

I'm on PSN looking for 1v1 matches if anyone else wants to play! My tag is Demmonaz.

Song over the game credits, lol.

THAT's Depeche Mode? I would have never guessed, it doesn't sound like them at all...

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe
There's even an album with just entirely random songs on it. Weirdest thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Gods-Among-The-Album/dp/B00C6XNTAW

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

nunsexmonkrock posted:

THAT's Depeche Mode? I would have never guessed, it doesn't sound like them at all...

It sounds like a broke-rear end Nick Cave.

Edit: should have gone with "Everything Counts"

Blast Fantasto fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 4, 2013

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
Man, without a comboable overhead and with his slow-rear end lows I think Zod is gonna end up pretty bad. If he doesn't have trait out there's no reason to stand block him at all. Maybe somebody can find some sick tech with his trait, but even that seems kind of delayed when you send it commands, and it only lasts for like 2 seconds. At least his charge move seems really good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

sponsz posted:

Man, without a comboable overhead

Overhead as in f3 or as in jumping into a combo? If the latter, jumping 1 into 112 1+3 into MB command grab. (Or someone said his little phantom push works at the end of that too?)

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe

sponsz posted:

Man, without a comboable overhead and with his slow-rear end lows I think Zod is gonna end up pretty bad. If he doesn't have trait out there's no reason to stand block him at all. Maybe somebody can find some sick tech with his trait, but even that seems kind of delayed when you send it commands, and it only lasts for like 2 seconds. At least his charge move seems really good.

You can combo off of his 213 overhead with a MB ground laser for good damage, at least at my low level of play. His 123 overhead (the game says it's a mid, but it's not) seems pretty terrible though.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

ParanoidInc posted:

There's even an album with just entirely random songs on it. Weirdest thing.

http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Gods-Among-The-Album/dp/B00C6XNTAW

Yeah the bulk of the songs seem like singles either Warner Brothers was too iffy to release or from underperforming records

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Oh my god I love Flash's new forward dash. :swoon:

sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!
It's more the jumping overheads are really easy to see coming, and his cross ups are pretty bad. I didn't know about 213 but after the first hit you can just stand. It seems like the strongest characters either have a option on the first hit between low and overhead, or can mix it up in the middle of the string. That, or they have super-safe easy pressure like Superman. Zod seems to lack both of those.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

ParanoidInc posted:

You can combo off of his 213 overhead with a MB ground laser for good damage, at least at my low level of play. His 123 overhead (the game says it's a mid, but it's not) seems pretty terrible though.

His 123 on the other hand is a great combo ender, hard knockdown that leaves time to activate trait and set a trap with trait grab/ MB eyelaser

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Spuckuk posted:

His 123 on the other hand is a great combo ender, hard knockdown that leaves time to activate trait and set a trap with trait grab/ MB eyelaser

Speaking of this exact thing, TYM has a thread that goes into it and provides a nasty combo to do if the MB ground laser happens to hit: http://testyourmight.com/threads/finishing-combos-with-123-xx.35105/

The combo in question: MB Ground Blast, Wraith Slash x 3, Wraith Grab, Full Charge Ground Blast, B3, J3, 3 xx Zod Charge: 51%

As a side note, I find the above combo way easier with a j2 instead of the j3, and you only lose 1%.

Edit: If you're too near the corner for the b3 portion to work, you can simply cut it out. You'll probably want to change enders to bf3 in that case as well so you avoid switching sides.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 4, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Great games ParanoidInc. It was fun playing you. :)

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Same! You're the first really good WW I've played against. I could just not deal with those mixups. Whenever you got up close I just went into panic mode and got my rear end whooped, it was pretty great.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
That zod though. I still can't figure out how to avoid that monster's trait grab thing though. Man it's crazy good.

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah, I was going to message you about it but then you started blowing me up and I forgot to. It's an overhead, so pretty much you have to stay on the ground and just block high. I've seen better zods use their low laser to really make it hellish to avoid though.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Great games again. Done for the night though. Even with your tip your Zod is getting better :)

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

ParanoidInc posted:

I've seen better Zods use their low laser to really make it hellish to avoid though.

That's the thing, if you're fighting someone who's gotten wise on how to block the things attacks and grabs then you can still use it, you just gotta use it more as a threat/distraction while you close in to otherwise beat up on them.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Here's some Zod notes I compiled while going through his stuff and looking at the TYM combo thread for him. His combos with the minion are pretty neat, but his mixup game seems weak enough that you won't get to do them all that often. These notes aren't complete just yet because I was just shotgunning through stuff before playing online, but they should be a good starting point for people.

Trait Loop: starter into [4,3,4,3,4,3,4, 12 XX bf2 OR super]

11d2 starter:
- Without Trait: nothing

- With Trait:
11d2, Trait Loop (49%, meterless)
11d2, Trait Loop super (59%, full bar)

112 starter:
See b12 starter below.

112~1+3 starter:
- Without Trait:
112~1+3, dash d12~4 (17%, meterless, setup)

- With Trait:
112~1+3, 4, walk forward f213 XX bf2 (30%, meterless)
Note: 4 has to hit at peak of their bounce from throw

b12 starter:
- Without Trait:
b12 XX db2~MB~[b], j3, 123~4 (33%, 1 meter, setup)
Note : in all the combos following this pattern, j3 may be inconsistent, replace with dash b23 for consistency

- With Trait:
b12 XX db2~MB~[b], 4 4 4 db4, db[2], b3, j2, 3 XX bf2 (51%, 1 meter)
Note: j3 possible but way harder, doesn't work in corner, near corner omit b3 and use bf3 instead of bf2.
Note 2: The first two 4 presses are during the MB laser, the third is after the laser pops the opponent up, at the top of their ascent. Also, delay the start of db[2] slightly so monster gets all bites in. Walking forward a bit before the db[2] helps in some of the combos.

213 starter:
- Without Trait:
213, dash 123~4 (18%, meterless, setup)
21 XX db2~MB~[b], j3, 123~4 (32%, 1 meter, setup)
21 XX db2~MB~[b], j3, f213 XX bf2 (38%, 1 meter, damage)

- With Trait:
213, Trait Loop (45%, meterless)
213 Trait Loop Super (54%, full bar)

22 starter:
Same stuff as b12 starter

22~1+3 starter:
Same stuff as 112~1+3 starter

f21u2 starter:
- Without Trait:
f21u2 XX air db1, j2, 123~4 (27%, meterless, setup)
f21u2 XX air db1, j2, f213 XX bf2 (33%, meterless, damage)

- With Trait: have to do shortened Trait Loop because of height fluctuation
Alternative: f21u2 XX air db1, 4, b3, j3, 3 XX bf2 (40%, meterless)

f213 starter:
- Without Trait:
f21 XX db2~MB~[b] into usual stuff

- With Trait:
f213, Trait Loop (49%, meterless)

b23 starter:
- Without Trait:
b23, b23, 123~4 (23%, meterless, setup)

- With Trait:
b23, Trait Loop (43%, meterless)

db2~MB starter:
- Without Trait:

- With Trait:
db2~MB, 444 db4, db[2], b3, j2, 3 XX bf2 (50%, 1 meter)

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Thank you Shadow Ninja 64 for that write up.

I think I see one combo there that I will be able to reliably pull off. I'm sticking with Wonder Woman but I sure as hell will give a few of those a try with Zod.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
"You bitch rear end motha' fucka! Stop hiding your cursor I don't drat well care who you pick. Bitch rear end pussy! All o' that hidin' your cursor for Wonder Woman! I don't give a gently caress! Pussy! (He's shouting louder now-->) Bitch stop using bread and butter with all that bread and butter poo poo learn some real combos! Pussy learn some combos! You motha' fuckin' pussy learn some combos that aren't bread and butter!" And it went on and on. I won of course with over 1 and a 1/2 health bars left.

^^Bolded to emphasize his screaming.

Paraphrased of course but that's coming from a Nightwing that only did pokes in pole stance. There really should be a way to take away peoples mics from them and tell the to sit in a corner like they are in 1st grade.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Sometimes it's just wonderful though. Recently I made a guy curse down the mic because I kept air-snatching him with Zod every time he tried to jumping laser with Superman. Apparently I'm a big ole bitch for using that one move so much, to stop him from using one move so much. :v:

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

Sometimes it's just wonderful though. Recently I made a guy curse down the mic because I kept air-snatching him with Zod every time he tried to jumping laser with Superman. Apparently I'm a big ole bitch for using that one move so much, to stop him from using one move so much. :v:

I love it when people call me a spammer for countering their spam. Ya know, you keep using that move I'm going to keep using mine that beats yours.

Edit: I will say though that Zods air dash grab thing is much better than WW's Demi Goddess Might against SM's air laser.

Edit2: I get the most hate from AM's that use nothing but "From the Deep" and they get all pissy because I keep air down tiaring them.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 5, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Injustice: Gods Among Us: All that Hidin' Your Cursor For Wonder Woman!

Zod got me to pick up the season pass, btw. He's a blast.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I love it when people call me a spammer for countering their spam. Ya know, you keep using that move I'm going to keep using mine that beats yours.

Edit: I will say though that Zods air dash grab thing is much better than WW's Demi Goddess Might against SM's air laser.

Edit2: I get the most hate from AM's that use nothing but "From the Deep" and they get all pissy because I keep air down tiaring them.

God, I ran into this one Aquaman that could just frame From the Deep to stop me from ever doing anything but blocking it and dashing in, then if I got close he'd just do Aquaman's braindead high/low mixup that I can't block because I'm the worst blocker in the world :cry:

I also love when people whine to me about spamming to counter their same move over and over again. I played this one Green Lantern that lost to my Superman when all I was doing was DB3 and DB1. He would literally retreat to full screen and sit there blocking my eye beams. I can't help it if it does a million in chip and you're not even gonna try to get in! I literally can't even run Superman's up close game at all, I just keep him around for matchups I hate playing as Raven. He called me a "loving human being" and I replied back with "dear homophobe, learn to play".

Anyway, if anyone wants to play a little bit I'm on PSN as Demmonaz for an hour or two.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Injustice: Gods Among Us: All that Hidin' Your Cursor For Wonder Woman!

I'll back that up because I keep laughing my rear end of at it. He didn't piss me off or anything. It was just distracting enough to me that he got a few pokes in when I should have slammed him with 2 full health bars. Maybe that's his strategy to try and win? Whether that's true or not it's rather annoying.

WarEternal posted:

God, I ran into this one Aquaman that could just frame From the Deep to stop me from ever doing anything but blocking it and dashing in, then if I got close he'd just do Aquaman's braindead high/low mixup that I can't block because I'm the worst blocker in the world :cry:

I also love when people whine to me about spamming to counter their same move over and over again. I played this one Green Lantern that lost to my Superman when all I was doing was DB3 and DB1. He would literally retreat to full screen and sit there blocking my eye beams. I can't help it if it does a million in chip and you're not even gonna try to get in! I literally can't even run Superman's up close game at all, I just keep him around for matchups I hate playing as Raven. He called me a "loving human being" and I replied back with "dear homophobe, learn to play".

Anyway, if anyone wants to play a little bit I'm on PSN as Demmonaz for an hour or two.

Oh if you are playing SM. Air laser, Air laser, Air laser against AM. From the deep can't hit you if you are in the air and you either get a full hit on him or a bunch of chip. :)

(Yeah, I'm bad at blocking too)

Edit:

Sorry WarEternal, we seemed to have lagged out.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Jul 5, 2013

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

I love that move so much. I know I may have pissed off a few players by saying "NOPE!" everytime I do it. :haw:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

JusticeBot posted:

I love that move so much. I know I may have pissed off a few players by saying "NOPE!" everytime I do it. :haw:

That and people love to jump so much in this game, it's downright dirty how many times you can catch people with it even on the way down from a jump.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Great games WarEternal. Time for laundry for me. (We need a frog saying "Get clean" or something.)

Edit, I just saw this part:

WarEternal posted:

He called me a "loving human being" and I replied back with "dear homophobe, learn to play".

Just tell him you were at the Pride parade with me. I (meaning me) may be homo but you're a pussy sucking human being. I never understood how that works...

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 5, 2013

deepshock
Sep 26, 2008

Poor zombies never stood a chance.

Sometimes, it's all I need. (You'll never guess which one they're talking about. I know this is Overheads: The Game, but GL has jumpins, an in-air special move (the rocket), a mixup string (b12) and F3. Except for air rocket and b12, they're the same overheads everyone else has. Block low every once in a while please. Even b12 is only necessary if the b1 doesn't hit first for me to 3 off of.)

Edit: I have a knowledge of a fair few more combos than that. B134 and so on is just the easiest one for me to get going.

deepshock fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jul 5, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

deepshock posted:

Sometimes, it's all I need. (You'll never guess which one they're talking about. I know this is Overheads: The Game, but GL only has jumpins, an in-air special move (the rocket) and F3. Except for air rocket, they're the same overheads everyone else has. Block low every once in a while please.)

Or block low and then high for the ones that like to us that low->overhead move!

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

There's nothing wrong with knowing only one combo if you can make it work. I pretty much only know one combo with Raven but she's all about space control/mind games anyway, at least for me.

edit: GOD, Nightwing's Wingdings (jumping db1) might be my favorite move in the game. Some people are absolutely clueless as to how to shut it down, especially Killer Frost players who are used to just slide spamming all over the place and Grundy players who have no clue what to do with it whatsoever. You can mix up the spacing on it by timing when you throw them, if you back, forward or neutral jump, if you meter burn them etc. They also build a ton of meter by themselves. So much fun.

dubl edit: Nightwing also needs some skins, the Damian one doesn't count because it's terrible. I'm so jealous of Zombiesrock and his 50 different Wonder Woman skins! haha

WarEternal fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 5, 2013

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Says the guy with the Superman avatar. :irony:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

WarEternal posted:

dubl edit: Nightwing also needs some skins, the Damian one doesn't count because it's terrible. I'm so jealous of Zombiesrock and his 50 different Wonder Woman skins! haha

Wonder Woman needs all the skins! :black101:

Edit: I do agree the Damian skin for NW is horrid.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 5, 2013

• Locked thread