Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
So this is only tangentially related to Injustice but I finally got around to watching Under the Red Hood and it was really drat good. There's a reason Batman gets so much more respect than pretty much any other DC property.

More related, I was watching a stream of a KotH room and criticizing one of the player's strategies in chat, and the guy actually got on chat and whined at me for being an rear end in a top hat. Never thought I'd get salt over Twitch, people are so silly about their fighting games :rolleye:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Krad posted:

Flash is amazing and he's sort of my main. He's not easy to use and he's all about mixups once he gets in on people. Also, he has the best looking super in the game.

Doomsday would beg to differ. Then he would beg to DESTROY YOU ALL.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

So I had a tough time beating Raven players for a long time but now if I see someone pick her I just immediately counterpick with Deathstroke. There's just nothing she can do to stop him and I love it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Raven players tend to rely on her force-grab which is super punishable with guns. You can shoot her out of the beginning of her teleport animation so if she activates demon mode just keep hammering her with the machine gun. If she airteleports then use a sword spin and continue to zone. If she does get in her melee is kinda slow so it's easy to get the distance back and then you can keep hitting her with the machine gun and mb machine gun. All I know is I haven't lost to a Raven in that matchup once.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I just had a guy send me a message telling me to shoot myself in the head because I held back against his hawkgirl so he couldn't hit me with his air maces. Oh, also, if you use the interactables on a stage then you are trash I guess. People are funny.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

JackDarko posted:

There's a pretty impressive Harley right now on nycfurby's stream.

Was just about to post about that. A good Harley is among the most entertaining characters to watch.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Interstellar Owl posted:

Alright so, been enjoying Doomsday but he seems very simple (what I wanted) is he a character that can be mained with and is valid as I get higher in skill or should I start looking for some other characters?

Any character is valid as long as you can get wins with them and Doomsday never really stops being scary. People will start to know how to counter your mb air dive but other than that the game doesn't really change that much for Doomsday players.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I have played hundreds of matches with Grundy but somehow had never seen the clash dialogue between two Grundy players until today.

"Grundy think you handsome!"
"So does Grundy!"

Bless that big, adorable oaf. Why would anyone ever play as anyone else?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Just A Friend posted:

As Grundy, what are my best options to deal Superman's EX air lasers? If possible without tanking the damage with armor.

Block and hit him with grave hands as he lands. If he starts blocking that then block and dash in, if you're close enough you may be able to hit him with a d2 which can be comboed into a 114 trait grab. Honestly though it's just a really bad matchup. Superman has a ton of mobility so it's hard to build momentum against him as Grundy.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

So I picked up a really hilarious way to gently caress with people who hide their character select cursor on reddit. Once you get to the stage select screen back out real quick and start moving from character to character. They'll move from their character thinking they were picking a stage and wont be able to hear the clicks as they move from one character to another. Kind of a dick move but I had a guy quit on me as a result so I'm calling it a success.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

You know you get a loss for quits, right?

Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

Yep, and yep I probably am. It's mostly harmless though since they can just show their cursor again and get their bearings.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

I'm really hosed the next time we fight.

Er, I mean, :supaburn: Flash is imba underpowered! No Flash buffs?? NRS IS loving ME!!:supaburn:

I know you're not serious but oh lord does Flash ever not need to be buffed. He's one scary opponent.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

So I've recently started running Deathstroke if I'm matched against someone who is likely to play Superman. I main Grundy and he is just not going to win that matchup very often, but sometimes I can manage a win with my sub-par DS. I've definitely noticed how disproportionate the amount of hatemail you get playing DS is to pretty much any other character. People that have been playing DS since the beginning must have some pretty thick skin. It's made me hate playing against a DS a little less too. I'm beginning to realize that there's a pretty complicated meta-game to zoning well against intelligent players.

Also, just wanted to comment on how awesome it is that this game is still as relevant as it is. Injustice may or may not be as well-built a fighting game as SF or MvC, but drat have NRS studios come a long way in a short amount of time.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Jmcrofts posted:

There are a lot of ways a game can be "well-built." In general I think the MvC3 system mechanics are a lot more solid+fun, but the game has a ton of bad decisions too and more dumb stuff than I care to get into. Injustice has super weird system mechanics but at its core I think the game is a ton of fun and has a lot of potential as a competitive game.

Yeah, I would agree. It's tough to compare one to the other like that which is why I didn't really say one way or the other. Personally, I have a lot more fun with Injustice than other fighting games just because I feel like it's easier to understand, and that's gotta be worth something.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Oh, trust me, I've gotten my fair share of Grundy hate mail. And yeah:

AndyElusive posted:

I wonder what kind of hate mail Grundy players get, if any, if ever?

THROWS ARE FOR PUSSIES :argh:

is pretty much the gist of it.

Oh, also I get called a keep-away spammer. For repeatedly using swamp hands...pretty much the easiest long range move in the game to not get hit by...

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 06:08 on May 20, 2013

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Watched the ECT finals and while Tom Brady was playing pretty drat well I also think REO just choked once he started losing that second round. He was dropping combos all over the place and not wagering on that last big combo was really a bad idea. Totally understandable though, lot of pressure going into that sort of a situation, especially when you won the last big tourney.

Also, glad something's being done about quitting out of matches. There's one guy who is like number 13 or something on the XBL leaderboards who quits out of every match he starts to lose. Then he brags about how high his trueskill is. Really dumb.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I do not feel that this was necessary. :mad:

Agreed. All things considered though it's not that much of a nerf considering if the person you're throwing is smart they should probably have clashed before they got thrown in the first place? I guess unless the damage they took from the first or second part of it pushed them over the edge to have enough meter to win said clash. Whatever, it'll probably never come up.

Aquaman took some considerable nerfs which isn't suprising. Deathstroke got nerfed even more than I thought he would.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I accidentally clash constantly while trying to mb a wakeup move that gets caught in a combo.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Now announcing Mortal Kombat 10 as a WiiU exclusive!

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

gannyGrabber posted:

The hitbox on his J2 IS bullshit though, it extends way past where his foot is actually hitting.

Yeah, this is the one thing that makes me really dislike Bats. It makes it really hard to block too, especially online. I can never tell where that drat foot is going to land.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Equilibrium posted:

What? The worst written character on Justice League is Superman, and I didn't even realize that was a question - the writers seriously had no idea what to do with that character so he just comes off as completely incompetent throughout every season. When they did do a Superman episode it was inevitably some tired Superjerk variation; in defiance of all logic he plays the bad cop to Batman's good cop for the whole show. If anything John Stewart and Hawkgirl were amongst the best written characters, as the only two members to undergo any kind of long-term character arc and demonstrate a realistic, adult relationship, where things don't always end up happily ever after. Really, John's biggest problem on that show was his animation budget.

More importantly, nobody cares how the characters were written on the show. People want the black GL. Especially in a roster with all of one black guy, two if you're being generous and count Ares.

Three if you count the inevitable inclusion of Static mo'fuckin' Shock.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Apparently Tom Brady has already been knocked out so should be interesting to see who takes this one.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

That patch really gave Sinestro way more viability. He's much scarier with his trait up consistently.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Deleting the 360 cache normally fixes Injustice issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

My gold membership just expired today and I don't really have it in my budget to renew it right away, so I'm going without Injustice online for a while. It's tough though. I'm too addicted to that sweet Grundy magic.

• Locked thread