Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I didn't see if you wanted me to repost that Bane stuff in this thread now or wait until it falls into archives or what.

Also, I might be online in an hour or so looking for someone to run sets with. My PSN is ShadowNinja64.

I'll be on at 10 PM EST then!

E: OP, You also typo'd the thread title! Should be 'among'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Also, I'm pretty sure Killer Frost and Ares are in this game, too! You should add them to the character list, as they are -very- important to the story and it'd be weird to leave them out.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Alright PS3havers, I am gonna make the PSN Injustice:goonsamongus room, please do come join me!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I try so hard. Sorry about lag sn64. Though tbh I wasnt feeling it. Maybe I had host advantage?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Really good games all. After 3 hours of continuous Injustice I started to get a bit crazy there...

I've noticed that about half of you were playing Grundy. Was that just to spite me, or is Grundy just really popular these days?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

More bane for me :getin:

Ugh Jmcrofts Bane is the stuff of nightmares. That 9 game stomp streak haunts me to this very day.

Jmcrofts posted:

Only characters with "man" in their name are allowed to be top tier in this game.

Catwoman obviously fits the bill here. She is the toppest of tier characters.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The lack of Tag Team was a bit dissapointing for me, too. Even if it was just a lazy 'press L2 to swap in' thing, I'd be happy with it.

Wonderwoman being top tier has never been a secret. She is amazing.

SN64, I'm going home for the weekend to visit parents, but I -might- be on tomorrow night for a bit. I'll take you on!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Doomsday wouldn't beg.

And I'm pretty sure Batgirl has the best super in the game.

As for Flash discussion, he's basically hard mode Catwoman. He's tough to pick up and play, but he's definitely worth it. A good flash player can take anyone down.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hear good things about the guide. It's nothing you can't find online, but it's a handy reference for learning your character.

You should really get a mic! PS3 can support just about any USB mic in the world, and they're pretty cheap these days.

IRC is an internet chat thingy.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I believe online is Global on XBL, and regioned on PSN. Not 100% sure, though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

TheJoker138 posted:

I got it on PS3 :(

The PSN crew is awesome how dare you frown. Be sure to give out your PSN name, or to add it to the spreadsheet in the OP.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'd prefer Sub Zero over Freeze. Gotta have -somebody- with crab hands, or it's not a true NRS game. Also I love Mortal Kombat to death, so any MK character is a good character in my books. Except for Motaro. gently caress Motaro!

Anyways, I'mma be on PSN in about 15-20 minutes, idling in a goon room. Let's get this ball rolling!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Liar Lyre posted:

Making a goon room on PS3. It will be called Goonz.

Also, if you are a cool person you can add me. silver_surfer_01

Edit: I guess ^^^he^^^ already did it.

Not yet I didn't. Will be on soon, don't go anywhere!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Gughghghg Deathstroke is annoying.

Good games all! See you next time.

E: Was that Sinestro a goon? I would hope not, considering that top level ragequit when Gasti stomped him.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Catwoman is clearly S+.

Really though, I wonder why they say Doomsday is so good? I find him very, very easy to beat.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Doomsday rushdown is inferior to Catwoman's, but the Patriarchy just refuses to accept it.

And sadly, FingersMcLD, I am on PSN, or I would be more than happy to back up all my boasting!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
PSN goon room :getin:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

Got DC'ed and have to go now. Curse that turtling Harley. :smith:

Pot calling the kettle black about turtling!

Yeah I'm off to bed myself. RIP goon room.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

What are you talking about, I do random Lightning Charges all the time! That's how Flash is played, right? :downs:

It's so annoying! I wish Catwoman had a ranged attack specifically for when I fight the Flash.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That's about 25 million gross. Somehow I think they've already paid for development.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Interstellar Owl posted:

Are there any characters are that easier to learn and don't require perfect execution/insane combos/etc to learn for a beginner person? I've tried a bunch of people and I just have a hard time learning these insane combo strings (still haven't gotten down canceling) I see on TestYourMight

I'm way late to this, but Catwoman is -very- easy to learn. She has a very shallow special move pool and really great mechanics on her b3 and f3, so she's a good choice for learning the game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Just got matched against a total newbie in player matches who was doing nothing but walking forward and pressing light/medium. I played a few matches as Flash explaining each mechanic I was using to punish him (Environment, charge whenever he wasn't blocking, overheads and grabs etc) and suggesting what he should try to do so he doesn't get punished by each. He didn't have a mic but he was obviously listening and within a few minutes he was consistently blocking and trying to counter things. He was bouncing from character to character so I started playing Harley so I could learn along with him and explained how I was testing out moves and developing a strategy. Quickly began zoning him nonstop as he for some reason was keen to downblock constantly at midscreen which would eat it from Harley's bomb thing. He started using Superman after I described his imba super and wide variety of options.

I basically just regurgitated everything I learned from you guys and 10 matches later he was consistently punishing me with Superman :3: I just kept using the same moves at the same ranges (which was destroying him at first) and it was so fun watching him adapt and start blocking consistently. He went from never metering once and haphazardly using his super move to punishing me with his Super and mb eye lazers whenever I downblocked as well. It was so cute!!

You just made Injustice online slightly better. Good for you, guy.

When I run into bad players in player matches I just spam transitions on them and call it a day. I'm a dick.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Soonmot posted:

I've seen the term "push block" mentioned a few times and it doesn't seem to be in the OP. What does it mean? Just normal push back to block?

You can use a meter burn to actually shove the other guy away from you while you're blocking. This is a good thing to use if you're in the corner, or if you have a character that's strong at range.

e: Beaten! :black101:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Spacebump posted:

If you are going to send a message to someone for quitting the best thing you can send is "u mad?" That used to really make quitters angry in NBA Jam.

My one-worders are 'embarrassing' or 'shameful', and if I have my keyboard control plugged in I send them a 'go home and be a family man'. I get lots of swear rants in return.

Does anybody have Raven experience? I played a few matches with her earlier and came out even. I find her db2 is hard to hit with, but I suppose that's because it's way better than the df2.

I figure her strategy is something along the lines of defensive zoning play, and then a shift into offense when your trait is up? She's basically just like P4A's Aegis. I should play her more often.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That man is wearing a bucket on his head.

Hopefully tomorrow will give us more Batgirl PR.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Joker is all about timing unblockable mix-ups using joker teeth. It's really all he has going for him.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy spellchecker, Batman!

I ran into a really good Harley myself the other day, actually lost a match to her! (It was the same one that was stomping Gasti)

Seems the best way to defend against Harley is to block low, a lot of her damage comes from tantrum stance. Or stay in the air, her AA is pretty bad.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That is the best news I have ever heard. So excited!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Ok, now that I've played every stage a bunch I can finally just vote Atlantis every single time. Hands down the best stage for Flash, I catch zoners (especially Black Adam) offguard all the time by sliding on the tubes.

Really? The tubes are a deathtrap! I have very rarely seen them get used where the person using them wasn't immediately punished for it. And Atlantis is really bad for gadget characters, the globe/plaque and the aquariums on the side both favor power characters really heavily. As a gadget you should be voting for Gotham City's Alley or Watchtower, to take advantage of the transitions/interactables.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Holy Calamity! posted:

Nah, not if you know when to use 'em. When some characters get a reprieve from getting rushed down they'll almost certainly try to poke with their ranged attacks, and if I time it right I can fly right over it and attack them from behind before they can recover. As Flash I want people in the corner as much as possible so no transitions is a benefit, and I have ways of punishing people if they're making their way to the water. That or I can usually get out of the way in time. If they MB it for armor so be it, it's a sacrifice I'll gladly take for such a small map with no transitions.

Also Flash should never get hit by an intractable thrown by a heavy, ever. I'm at the point where I phase and punish ~75% of the time.

But you're squandering your potential! Flash basically gets free transitions with his trait, and the fact you move so fast allows you to very quickly take advantage of any other interactables that pop up. To each his own, I guess, but personally I feel like all my worst matches happen in Atlantis. Symmetry is boring!

E: Are you guys sure about the whole gadget/acrobat/power thing? I thought there were only two archetypes...

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 23:31 on May 15, 2013

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ed Boon's twitter is a fantastic read.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I just beat the second ranked guy on PSN NA. Guess that technically makes -me- the second ranked player on PSN NA, right?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah Deathstroke definitely needs a buff, since that df3 is too easy to punish and it's his only wake-up.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm idling in a ps3 goon room, looking for people to play against. Trying to learn raven, so it's basically free wins! Come stomp on me!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Ack Krad/Gasti you gave me a good thrashing. I'm giving up on Raven, I just can't put up with her poo poo!

For everyone else: How do you have the patience to play characters with slow lead-ups? I'm trying desperately to shift away from Catwoman but I just get really frustrated when my attacks have crap priority and I get put in the corner and smashed to pieces that I just go crawling on back. I think I have battered wife syndrome.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

Sounds like you should give Doomsday a try. Still a brawler, can push back like no one else.

I really should, but I'm afraid I'll actually like him. I don't like picking super heavy dudes like that because I get stuck in a rut with them. Tager ruined blazblue for me, for instance.

I'll just take a break for a couple of days and bet my future on Babs.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I've fought more guys in ranked who were 2-2 and good than people who were 2000-500 and were good. Rankings really are a poor indicator, just ignore 'em.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Krad posted:

I was thinking of marvel actually. I liked the different ranks and that it could say different things if you were overly defensive, offensive, etc.

I think you can tell who is defensive, offensive, etc purely by the character they play. Marvel is a bit different with the 3 man team thing but in this as soon as you hit the character select you know what you're up against.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm still holding out that our Scorpion DLC will actually be The Scorpion, a retro golden-age style character complete with "WHOOSH!" sounds when he jumps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Sometimes perfectlegend does the dumbest poo poo in the world.

• Locked thread