Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
$100 Beercan received. There's no original sales receipt, so I can't possibly make use of the included warranty card ;)

Also there's no hood, but I took a few shots at the sun and it didn't seem to have any flaring problems. I've been meaning to get a Beercan ever since I got my Alpha 200 in 2008(ish?), so I'm pretty happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays

Combat Pretzel posted:

If switching systems wouldn't cost a loving fortune every time, I'd probably be in for one of the next generation SLTs. Or whatever those with the autofocus on the sensor will be called. The focus peaking in the EVF is cool.

I think that you can put together a consumer level Sony system at an incredible steal. The built in image stabilization and somewhat lower demand but high quality Minolta lens can be a real steal.

If you're a couple grand into an system, then yeah, the only thing you can do it sell that and try to replicate it with Sony.

Opensourcepirate
Aug 1, 2004

Except Wednesdays
The Minolta 50mm f/1.7 is a great place to start because you should be able to get one for less than $100.

• Locked thread