Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Lassitude posted:

Wow, big changes since I last checked back. I had a feeling that II wasn't long for the world. Anyway, I (Fivetimes Infinity) have applied to Goonfeet and I'll be available for a corp fight today as well if I'm needed.

One thing I noticed looking at the market, were the militia BPOs removed? I don't see any located under the Militia tab in the market.

I think they were removed, yes. The only Dropsuit BPO's on the market now are the ones you need to skill into (e.g. 'Raven' Assault BPO, 'Sever' Logistics BPO, etc.)

And the ones that come with the Packs, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bella Rugente
Mar 25, 2012

Lassitude posted:

Wow, big changes since I last checked back. I had a feeling that II wasn't long for the world. Anyway, I (Fivetimes Infinity) have applied to Goonfeet and I'll be available for a corp fight today as well if I'm needed.

One thing I noticed looking at the market, were the militia BPOs removed? I don't see any located under the Militia tab in the market.

Welcome back Lass, I too have been away since roughly Valentines day. Even then the fuse was burning on the II drama bomb. I can't say the results were much of a surprise, but as I filter back through months of forums there are some real chin-scratchers in there (like the corp mail I came back to).

For the militia BPOs, most of the ones I had are gone except for a select few. Why they let me keep a shotgun BPO, dunno. The merc pack BPOs are still there but my logistics suit takes as many SP to wear as a proto suit now. The others may too, I havent cycled through all my characters yet.

Ill keep an eye out for you.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Got the game installed and everything, applied to Goonfeet as Roy Temperance, so...see you in game, I guess.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Something interesting I found regarding Active Skill boosters:

CCP Cmdr Wang posted:

Listen up, mercenaries!

There's been some confusion in the community about how active skill boosters are supposed to work. Below is a description on how active skill boosters work.

* Active skill boosters do not increase skill point cap - this is by design.
* The extra SP earned from the active skill boosters do not count towards your skill point cap.
* For example: with the active skill booster, you earned 10K skill points (raw) in a match and received an extra 10K skill points from the active skill booster. Only the raw 10K skill points are counted towards your skill cap. The additional 10K skill points you gained from the booster does not count towards your skill point cap.

So there's a hard cap on SP earned regardless of boosters, but the bonus SP you earn doesn't count towards that cap.

Daft chunK
Jan 23, 2008

Wut
Had my first game of dust 514, surprisingly fun. I will say though only CCP could make a fps look this complicated. And I love it.

SparkTR
May 6, 2009
The game is growing on me more than I thought it would've during the beta poo poo show.

Applied in-game as Spark Kincade.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

SparkTR posted:

The game is growing on me more than I thought it would've during the beta poo poo show.

Applied in-game as Spark Kincade.

I LOVED the beta poo poo show. I had it all figured out, and was racking up kills like nobody's business.

This new build just introduced a whole new slew of bugs and imbalances. There are things that are better, for sure, like how LAVs handle, and the graphical improvements, the new weapons and player models. But what about getting stuck on corners and walls? That NEVER happened in Chromosome. The weird weapon adjustments, like the ones making the laser rifle unusable, and muting the shotgun sound. The changing of the mouse aim values, which is going to take me a month to adjust to. The issues with draw distance and player models.

Taking in all the new bugs and weirdness of Uprising, it just doesn't seem like an improvement over Chromosome.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013
Excuse is made up. I'll be leaving work early to try to fit into this PC battle.

P.S. I'm a slacker.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Morning CET games have a lot of easy/sleepy people in them. Ran out of AR camping the enemy spawn and taking out incoming attackers (riding lavs), ran out of scrambler pistol ammo taking out even more of them, and after pistolwhipping a third player..

..I had to call in a LAV and go re-arm :unsmith:

(Will attempt to reach the goon corp match if I heal up in time, playing games with fibro is difficult)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 16, 2013

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

Morning CET games have a lot of easy/sleepy people in them. Ran out of AR camping the enemy spawn and taking out incoming attackers (riding lavs), ran out of scrambler pistol ammo taking out even more of them, and after pistolwhipping a third player..

..I had to call in a LAV and go re-arm :unsmith:

I have a Logi suit with all the equipment slots filled with Nanohive BPO's for just this kind of thing.

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.
:frogsiren: First ever Goonfeet PC match today at 19:30 server time, (3:30 pm eastern) :frogsiren:

Formup will start in like 60 minutes or something

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

spazzhole posted:

:frogsiren: First ever Goonfeet PC match today at 19:30 server time, (3:30 pm eastern) :frogsiren:

Awesome, i was hoping this would get pushed back a tiny bit. I can definitely get in on this now, just gotta get this errand done fast :unsmith:

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I'm stuck on a new update screen :(

EDDIE__DINGLE
Mar 18, 2013

spazzhole posted:

good luck to all who participate.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Bella Rugente posted:

Welcome back Lass, I too have been away since roughly Valentines day. Even then the fuse was burning on the II drama bomb. I can't say the results were much of a surprise, but as I filter back through months of forums there are some real chin-scratchers in there (like the corp mail I came back to).

For the militia BPOs, most of the ones I had are gone except for a select few. Why they let me keep a shotgun BPO, dunno. The merc pack BPOs are still there but my logistics suit takes as many SP to wear as a proto suit now. The others may too, I havent cycled through all my characters yet.

Ill keep an eye out for you.

I bought the entire militia BPO line back when they were ~20 AUR each, and I still have most of them. My... forge gun, swarm launcher, and possibly others have vanished. But all my militia equipment and shield/armor related stuff is still in my assets. Kind of a strange thing to remove them after so long.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

TardedPanda posted:

Excuse is made up. I'll be leaving work early to try to fit into this PC battle.

P.S. I'm a slacker.

My work load is really light today. I -wish- I could call out early...

Record videos if you can!

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Applied to Goonfeet under the name Senator Armstrong. Haven't played EVE, but always down to shoot some pubbies.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Didn't quite make it into a squad for the corp match. You guys better kill all the mans. :jihad:

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Yeah, I won't be able to join you guys either.

Good luck, godspeed, and remember to aim high. :patriot:

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

Game froze my ps3 again, guess I'll try again next build.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

How did the battle go?? :f5:

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
We lost, they had like 4 blips on the MCC left. They started out with 300 clones to our 150. They had a lot of heavies. We had 0, and only one dedicated logi. Also the lag was unplayable for me at least. So, in the end we cost them some money and didn't do badly at all.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The two hours I played Wednesday morning I saw two heavies :smith:

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
It's pretty pointless to go heavy right now unless you're really into the Amarr suits. At least they do have a use now with PC as sentinels, but still it's disappointing that they don't have a full complement of racial suits for heavy and light frames.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

I haven't played in months, but I'm gonna give it another try. Applied as Terradis Veyhar

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013
Everybody says HMG are worthless but when deployed and used properly they are pretty ruthless. During the PC battle the baddies were able to hold down points and push others really hard with heavies. I should point out that they were most effective while inside the city where range is usually short. If it was a more open map it would have been different I'm sure. The fight was a blast though.

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
applied to Goonfleet as Winter First. I was taking a break during the II drama bomb, sorry that y'all had to deal with that

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Squeezed out enough powergrid to fit armor plates alongside my repper and scanner on my Methana. I have over 3000 EHP now. I had to put some points into vehicle upgrades, but it's so fun. I'm slightly slower now, but I feel like I can maneuver better at mid speed, which is crucial when weaving through cities dodging nades and crates.

I ride around in my basic sniper fit so I can stop on hills and be a Double rear end in a top hat. I dodged a tank for half a skirmish on that new bridge level, only dying because I stopped to shoot missiles at another LAV. In front of a turret.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

bigmcgaffney posted:

We lost, they had like 4 blips on the MCC left. They started out with 300 clones to our 150. They had a lot of heavies. We had 0, and only one dedicated logi. Also the lag was unplayable for me at least. So, in the end we cost them some money and didn't do badly at all.

So it was an economic victory?

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

IronSaber posted:

So it was an economic victory?

I don't know how it all works out, but we learned a lot.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I read the OP and downloaded DUST514, and did a quick action battle, but I have no idea what is going on, please hold me :ohdear:

Applied to Goonfeet as Shooticus Maxiumus. E: I cant loving spell to save my life :cripes:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 17, 2013

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Application sent. In as Posterior Maximus.

KandaKo
Feb 17, 2013

I've applied as Avery Shepard.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Applied to Goonfeet as Shooticus Maximus.

Wamdoodle posted:

Application sent. In as Posterior Maximus.

I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Moratorium
Dec 4, 2009
Application sent, Mora Torium.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

KandaKo posted:

I've applied as Avery Shepard.

Samahiel posted:

How to join
First off, the entry requirements have changed. We are only accepting SA members in good standing that have had an ACTIVE account for at least 3 months. So J4G shitlords can :frogout:

Get some more posts under your belt.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

I read the OP and downloaded DUST514, and did a quick action battle, but I have no idea what is going on, please hold me :ohdear:

Applied to Goonfeet as Shooticus Maxiumus. E: I cant loving spell to save my life :cripes:

It's OK, at least we won't mock you for announcing your application to the corp like in the EVE thread.

I do agree, for uncoordinated pubbies it has to be a real shock to the system since there isn't much that helps you out, even if you do watch the tutorials its not really that helpful. Weren't they going to implement a "newbie friendly" match making system?

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 17, 2013

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

I just started playing this yesterday and under the first matchmaking tab I have the option of playing in "Academy" matches. Compared to faction-warfare games, the opponents I run across queuing for Academy seem just as clueless as I am and die much quicker. That might be the newbie mode.

Applied in-game as Aurra Field.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Academy battles only have people with a warpoint total under some number. Apparently it's pretty low, but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Here's the numbers for the newbie academy battles:

CCP Nullarbor posted:

So the values we are currently going with are:

War points: 10,000
Skill points: 2,000,000

If a player is above either of these then they graduate the Academy. These are subject to change but are based on some preliminary data mining which should see new players participating in around 30-40 battles before entering the rest of the queues.

• Locked thread