Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Don't you see my majestic mane, I am a lion. A beautiful misunderstood lion, who is not a horse. I'm just here to show the world the way. :roboluv:

Libluini posted:

By your logic CCP has been in trouble since 2003. Really, look up all that stupid poo poo CCP has pulled over the years. It's a wonder they still exist. (And are a significant part of the Icelandic GNP.)

Sometimes I can only explain CCP's success with demonic help.

The monument is the beginning. The ultimate sacrifice is proceeding perfectly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
In 2003, CCP hadn't yet blown 8 years of development time and money on an abandoned project, nor failed to succeed with another game while investing money in two more that aren't out yet.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Getting Dust 514 fatigue. It's not helping that the SP event has lured out all the tryhards as of late.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

IronSaber posted:

Getting Dust 514 fatigue. It's not helping that the SP event has lured out all the tryhards as of late.

Take a break, I've taken month long breaks in the past and when I came back Dust had changed so little it didn't take long to get back into the swing of things.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Don't you see my majestic mane, I am a lion. A beautiful misunderstood lion, who is not a horse. I'm just here to show the world the way. :roboluv:

IronSaber posted:

Yeah, take a break dust won't go anywhere until legion* comes out.

*legion will never be released

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
Laffo, they're bringing back BPO's

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2343383#post2343383

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
Amazing. CCP just knows it's days are numbered.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

Amazing. CCP just knows it's days are numbered.

They wouldn't be selling long-term use items if it's days were numbered.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Crasniya posted:

Yes they would, because they need money.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
It's especially lazy because all they've done is give the already existing BPO's a different colour and name.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Exioce posted:

It's especially lazy because all they've done is give the already existing BPO's a different colour and name.

The ones in the current thread aren't even different colors and names. They're the same BPOs that were for sale in the past. It's not impossible for them to go out and release new ones too, if there's enough interest for that, I'm hoping they'll expand to those.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Crasniya posted:

That's right, they aren't at all selling items they once deemed damaging to the long term health of the game for short term profits. :jerkbag: It's amazing how the announcement of legion causing dust to go tits up and the shuttering of WoD reversed their stance on that issue. I will revisit today's post when dust inevitably gets the commissar treatment it's been begging for since the rouge wedding.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Exioce posted:

Can't have the art department doing actual work now, can we?
I like the sever scheme :(

sort of edit: I already have BPOs for all those suits from the nerd pack, so CCP isn't getting anymore money out of me, but does anyone remember what the aurum price was for those suits when they were originally on the market?

real edit for Crasniya: Legion is never coming out, so it won't make them money. They're going for a cash grab using cheap existing assets, that won't hurt Dust's economy because Dust will never get an economy.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 2, 2014

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
Bear in mind a lot of the concern for "damaging to the game" was pertaining to the "economy", something the game does not have and will not get. They're highly desired items, and the non-Goons in the thread do want to buy them. Yes, CCP makes money off them. Shocker, free to play games need to pay for themselves somehow. (You guys might be missing the point that good sales equals a longer-lasting game.)

But honestly, from what I see in the internal stuff, I'm actually more hopeful about the future of Dust itself, on the PS3, than I was before.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I wish these had come out a year earlier. I love that green camo pattern. :saddowns:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

IronSaber posted:

I wish these had come out a year earlier. I love that green camo pattern. :saddowns:

And I'm wishing some more people would like that Raven version. From my point of view, the ugliest set seems to be winning. And the best set loses. poo poo.

Welp, at least I'm saving money. :v:

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Crasniya posted:

(You guys might be missing the point that good sales equals a longer-lasting game.)

I don't want a longer lasting game, Dust deserves to die in the pit ccp dug for it, but if the pubbies are dumb enough to buy these things how a fool is parted with his money is of little concern to me.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
I must be out of the loop. Are CCP and Zipper related somehow? Why would there be MAG related items in Eve?

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

ChesterJT posted:

I must be out of the loop. Are CCP and Zipper related somehow? Why would there be MAG related items in Eve?

MAG tribute items.

CCP should honestly just pattern the items to the full racial sets, raven to all caldari suits, SEVER to all minmatar and Valor to all gallente. And all their weapons.

Only the space elite who shamefully bought the EVE collector's edition should have the templar suits.

Shame on you all.

And me.

LostInTheSauce fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 2, 2014

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I got my templars given to me by Mittens himself :colbert:

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

PerrineClostermann posted:

I got my templars given to me by Mittens himself :colbert:

Well la de loving da, shame on us all for buying those damned packs.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Suggested in the BPO thread that CCP release the textures (and perhaps 3d meshes) for all the suits so they can have a contest. Most popular user made dropsuit skin gets into the game as BPO, CCPs art department just has to convert the user modified textures back into whatever format they use and apply it to the suit.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2344749#post2344749

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Hobo on Fire posted:

Suggested in the BPO thread that CCP release the textures (and perhaps 3d meshes) for all the suits so they can have a contest. Most popular user made dropsuit skin gets into the game as BPO, CCPs art department just has to convert the user modified textures back into whatever format they use and apply it to the suit.

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2344749#post2344749

Wouldn't they have to send out the textures in a patch for this?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Moronic Farce posted:

Wouldn't they have to send out the textures in a patch for this?

Probably, but hey. Worth a shot. If they release Raven/Sever/Valor variants that don't exist, they'll have to anyway.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Crasniya posted:

Bear in mind a lot of the concern for "damaging to the game" was pertaining to the "economy", something the game does not have and will not get. They're highly desired items, and the non-Goons in the thread do want to buy them. Yes, CCP makes money off them. Shocker, free to play games need to pay for themselves somehow. (You guys might be missing the point that good sales equals a longer-lasting game.)

But honestly, from what I see in the internal stuff, I'm actually more hopeful about the future of Dust itself, on the PS3, than I was before.

We are not here because dust is currently a good game that should continue. We are here because there is a potential for a good game someday. If all we can hope for is more of the same with tweaks ad infinitum then it's probably time to write it all off as a loss and do something else.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Everything we've ever seen from CCP in general shows that they're really loving incompetent. Unless they shape up, EVE and maybe Valkyrie will be all they ever have.

DUST is not good, and the release of more BPOs does not indicate that it's getting better. It shows it's getting worse.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

We should start referring to the potential dust had in the past tense.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Samahiel posted:

We are not here because dust is currently a good game that should continue. We are here because there is a potential for a good game someday. If all we can hope for is more of the same with tweaks ad infinitum then it's probably time to write it all off as a loss and do something else.

I only hung on because I loved playing and screwing around with you guys. Unfortunately, you all just aren't good enough to compensate for DUST. Take that how you will.

:)

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

I only hung on because I loved playing and screwing around with you guys. Unfortunately, you all just aren't good enough to compensate for DUST. Take that how you will.

:)

Ya a familiar story, if you like us and not dust get in contact with one of us and get into the skype chat, most of us who were in the main clique are there.

Moronic Farce fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 3, 2014

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Samahiel posted:

I don't think that's all we can hope for for Dust.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Everything we've ever seen from CCP in general shows that they're really loving incompetent. Unless they shape up, EVE and maybe Valkyrie will be all they ever have.

I am actually amazed EVE is still here with as much stupid as EVE development has been for the last three years. And again, with the shining examples of EVE and DUST in front of you, why on earth would you suggest Valkyrie might actually do better?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

I need to burn through all my suits. As soon as Destiny lands, I ain't looking back.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Crasniya posted:

You can hope for whatever you want but ccp has said that's all we're getting.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Crasniya posted:

Soraya, I get you've put a lot of time, effort, and money into dust, but don't be delusional. If you are going to deny reality, please don't force your denial on others. Second, dust isn't a shining example of anything other than how to seriously gently caress up making a game. Third, given this is on console and not PC, you can't compare dust to eve, the player base isn't the same, the hardware cycles are completely different, and people will move on given a better choice; they will be given a better choice.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Crasniya posted:

I am actually amazed EVE is still here with as much stupid as EVE development has been for the last three years. And again, with the shining examples of EVE and DUST in front of you, why on earth would you suggest Valkyrie might actually do better?

Wait, so EVE and Valkyrie are doomed but Dust is going to be sunshine and lollipops if we just believe? EVE is an actual complete game that has depth, an existing fan base, and a compelling narrative; Dust is a failed tech demo on life support till its replaced by vaporware; and Valkyrie is a working techdemo that's had more invested into it's voice acting that the operating budget of dust.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Samahiel posted:

Wait, so EVE and Valkyrie are doomed but Dust is going to be sunshine and lollipops if we just believe? EVE is an actual complete game that has depth, an existing fan base, and a compelling narrative; Dust is a failed tech demo on life support till its replaced by vaporware; and Valkyrie is a working techdemo that's had more invested into it's voice acting that the operating budget of dust.

Yes, BUT less than 1000 ppl didn't vote Cras into the student model UN of those other two games.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Moronic Farce posted:

Yes, BUT less than 1000 ppl didn't vote Cras into the student model UN of those other two games.
:laffo: Didn't sora get like >100 votes?

Phil said a thing, I will co-sign it. There's just better games out there. Sadly, you guys don't play them but I just really dislike dust now.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Look at that sexy, white controller. You know you want it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PhilippAchtel posted:

Look at that sexy, white controller. You know you want it.

already ordered

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Moronic Farce posted:

You can hope for whatever you want but ccp has said that's all we're getting.

You presume I am making statements on hope, rather, than, you know, actually knowing more than you do.

Samahiel posted:

No, I figure they're all doomed, because when the company folds because :management:, so does all it's games. I just think the idea people talk about how terrible DUST is while assuming Valkyrie will be sunshine and lollipops is laughable and hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Crasniya posted:

You presume I am making statements on hope, rather, than, you know, actually knowing more than you do.

That's a hell of a trump card to play. Care to back that up with some evidence us plebians have access to, because all the publicly-available information seems to contradict your secret info.

• Locked thread