Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
Been busy. Game's not dead. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Crasniya posted:

Been busy. Game's not dead. :)

Good job, Crasniya.

When's EvE integration due?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Might take a look again. Definitely need some more updates than this though.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

PhilippAchtel posted:

When's EvE integration due?

Don't spoil my good mood today, I'll be bitter about that again tomorrow. Honestly hopeful that if DUST starts performing better, we get more ability to push for that. But the top dude at CCP pushing the whole "connected universe" concept now works at another company. (Not Riot, shockingly.)

PerrineClostermann posted:

Might take a look again. Definitely need some more updates than this though.

1.9 has a bunch more in it that's not listed yet. And the possibility for more patches is definitely there.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Crasniya posted:

Don't spoil my good mood today, I'll be bitter about that again tomorrow. Honestly hopeful that if DUST starts performing better, we get more ability to push for that. But the top dude at CCP pushing the whole "connected universe" concept now works at another company. (Not Riot, shockingly.)

1.9 has a bunch more in it that's not listed yet. And the possibility for more patches is definitely there.

They'll need to get off of ps3.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Don't you see my majestic mane, I am a lion. A beautiful misunderstood lion, who is not a horse. I'm just here to show the world the way. :roboluv:

Crasniya posted:

Don't spoil my good mood today

Soraya, it's just a list. You have the right to be smug when it drops, and when CCP doesn't gently caress it up. Otherwise, we'll see how desperate they are to make more money off this cash cow.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

So legion is never coming out is my take away. Also NPC vendors, but no player market is weak sauce.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Don't you see my majestic mane, I am a lion. A beautiful misunderstood lion, who is not a horse. I'm just here to show the world the way. :roboluv:

Samahiel posted:

So legion is never coming out is my take away. Also NPC vendors, but no player market is weak sauce.

The player market would be ruined by CCP's need for money.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

lionsheadnebula posted:

Soraya, it's just a list. You have the right to be smug when it drops, and when CCP doesn't gently caress it up. Otherwise, we'll see how desperate they are to make more money off this cash cow.

It's not even much of a list. Hooray, I'll be able to log onto the alts I haven't played since I made them, liquidate their assets, and send the isk to my main that I haven't played since Destiny went active. The most exciting thing on there is a "new" map; one that CCP has been sitting on since who knows when, and decided, "Hey, I know we said that this one would't work on the PS3, but it really isn't any worse than that big Gallente socket and we can push it out to make it look like we're still making content for this game."

Worth logging in to check out? Sure. Enough to keep us coming back? Doubtful. An Eve connection would bring people back to this game, and new ones to boot. If Dust has to "perform better" before that's on the table, then it will never happen.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

lionsheadnebula posted:

You have the right to be smug when it drops, and when CCP doesn't gently caress it up. Otherwise, we'll see how desperate they are to make more money off this cash cow.

Expect fun new bugs. New content always comes with new issues. Though hopefully any that inevitably arise can be fixed quickly. As far as "making money", it should be somewhat obvious where the money is going. Shouldn't take a genius to correlate the recent push for BPO sales and the first client patch with an actual development team since Fanfest.

Hobo on Fire posted:

The most exciting thing on there is a "new" map; one that CCP has been sitting on since who knows when

Well, that's ONE of the new map things. Technically, that's the Caldari socket. There's also new terrains as well, that as far as I know were made recently. Not to spoil, but the tweaks to the existing maps are also serious business changes. If the frame rate fix is actually as good in practice as I was led to believe (we'll see when it drops), the game is going to play a lot better. And the list provided is not the whole patch, just the big points.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Crasniya posted:

Not to spoil, but the tweaks to the existing maps are also serious business changes.

I won't consider any changes to maps "serious" unless they are actually trying to unfuck redlines.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

Crasniya posted:

Though hopefully any that inevitably arise can be fixed quickly.

Minor bugs fixed quickly? Are you talking about the same CCP we are?

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Moronic Farce posted:

Minor bugs fixed quickly? Are you talking about the same CCP we are?

Talking about Rattati.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So as a non-player (no PS3) who's watched this game from time to time a thought just occurred to me. My roommate just bought a PS4 (it's in shipping right now). Is it even possible to play this game on a PS4 or is it actually PS3 or bust?

I mean I probably won't bother either way but I was curious.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Chomp8645 posted:

So as a non-player (no PS3) who's watched this game from time to time a thought just occurred to me. My roommate just bought a PS4 (it's in shipping right now). Is it even possible to play this game on a PS4 or is it actually PS3 or bust?

I mean I probably won't bother either way but I was curious.

No on the PS4 question. And PS3 doesn't have the power for the vision of what this game could be, wants to be. So ultimately, it's only ever going to succeed on PC if/when EVE Legion releases.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Exioce posted:

No on the PS4 question.

Hahaha, they really hosed this up didn't they?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
In other news, the CPM is busy playing Destiny. Judge is apparently in the top 1% of players in Total Playtime.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

In other news, the CPM is busy playing Destiny. Judge is apparently in the top 1% of players in Total Playtime.

i apologize crasniya, you were right about him all along

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

So Judge saw the writing on the wall and bailed on Dust? I think this proves once and for all he's the most intelligent member of the CPM.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Utgardaloki posted:

i apologize crasniya, you were right about him all along

He has some real life stuff going on (which we've stated multiple times), and he told us there was someone who would be staying at his house, likely using his PlayStation. Until I hear evidence that sells me on the contrary, I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. (Though one would think said person might create a separate account at least.)

Crasniya fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Oct 17, 2014

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Oh man a CPM of DUST is playing a Non-DUST game? What a traitor. Luckily I'm not on the CPM so no one cares if I play something else instead.

(This is so silly, if it ever gets to the point where I have to make excuses to dolts because I'm not playing the one and only approved game, please just aim your revolvers at your monitors and shoot me through the internet.)

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
I'd love to share an account with someone in Destiny, cut the boring grind right in half.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

Libluini posted:

Oh man a CPM of DUST is playing a Non-DUST game? What a traitor. Luckily I'm not on the CPM so no one cares if I play something else instead.

(This is so silly, if it ever gets to the point where I have to make excuses to dolts because I'm not playing the one and only approved game, please just aim your revolvers at your monitors and shoot me through the internet.)

Ya I really don't think anyone gives a poo poo about him playing another game but being in the top 1% for time played requires some crazy level sperg.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Soarer posted:

Ya I really don't think anyone gives a poo poo about him playing another game but being in the top 1% for time played requires some crazy level sperg.

The guy got what I'll generously call "famous" for compiling a lot of very detailed data about swarm launchers effectiveness on drop ships and making a youtube video about the experiments. Dude being a sperg wouldn't be shocking to hear.
That said I think my opinion on this matter is best summarized by the phrase "Who cares?".

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Hobo on Fire posted:

So Judge saw the writing on the wall and bailed on Dust? I think this proves once and for all he's the most intelligent member of the CPM.

If nothing else, I think this proves that he really does represent the majority of the playerbase.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

Sammus posted:

If nothing else, I think this proves that he really does represent the majority of the playerbase.

:holymoley:
Pack it up, this topic has reached its peak.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=178033

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
After Thursdays downtime, Quafe Scout suits BPOs will be available for purchase. They must have made a decent amount of cash off the Quafe Assault BPOs to be making these ones available so quickly.

Crasniya, let 'em know a lot of us are still waiting for our Templar Scout suits.

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

Exioce posted:

Crasniya, let 'em know a lot of us are still waiting for our Templar Scout suits.

A desire for additional Templar suits for code holders was brought up by the CPM to CCP.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Crasniya posted:

A desire for additional Templar suits for code holders was brought up by the CPM to CCP.

Cheers for that. Hopefully they'll get on it soon.

New hotfix!

quote:

Weapons
Rail Rifle CQC ability reduced via Charge-up increase
Assault Scrambler Rifle accuracy increased via min and max Dispersion
Assault Scrambler Heat cost reduced
Scrambler Rifle Heat cost reduced
All Scramblers Seize time reduced
Assault Combat rifle Accuracy reduced via min Dispersion
Bolt pistol ROF reduced via Charge-up increase
Bolt pistol CQC ability reduced via min Dispersion

Vehicles
AV ability of Incubus increased via rate of fire heat penalty removed
Swarm missile turn radius reduced by another 10 degrees

Dropsuits
All dropsuits now have native armor reps, including basic frames

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What, is it like 1 HP/s?

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
too cheap to buy an account myself
So apparently Legion was show in the new John Wick movie. Someone posted a file of the entire scene that included it, so I've edited it down to just the Legion parts and restored an edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tu4Z5e1bTM

Grand total of 4 seconds. Here is a slo-mo version for people too lazy to use the slo-mo button YouTube has: http://youtu.be/zLINtKFr4ec

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

Pirate of Penzance posted:

So apparently Legion was show in the new John Wick movie. Someone posted a file of the entire scene that included it, so I've edited it down to just the Legion parts and restored an edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tu4Z5e1bTM

Grand total of 4 seconds. Here is a slo-mo version for people too lazy to use the slo-mo button YouTube has: http://youtu.be/zLINtKFr4ec

Terrible aim. I will quote myself "Soooo, they have 4 secs of gameplay prepped? That they payed to put into a movie. That most moviegoers wouldn't notice or care about." Yet they can't be bothered to update the diehard fans and fanboys?

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013

lionsheadnebula posted:

Terrible aim. I will quote myself "Soooo, they have 4 secs of gameplay prepped? That they payed to put into a movie. That most moviegoers wouldn't notice or care about." Yet they can't be bothered to update the diehard fans and fanboys?

Pretty much guarantee CCP didn't pay for four seconds of gameplay that wasn't recognizable unless you were a fan who was looking for it because you heard about it on the forums, that didn't show the logo or mention the name of the product, and just looked like a generic shooter. Probably more likely that CCP got paid for it than the other way around.

lionsheadnebula
Feb 13, 2014

lionsheadnebula posted:

Terrible aim. I will quote myself "Soooo, they have 4 secs of gameplay prepped? That they were payed to have put into a movie. That most moviegoers wouldn't notice or care about." Yet they can't be bothered to update the diehard fans and fanboys?

Crasniya posted:

Pretty much guarantee CCP didn't pay for four seconds of gameplay that wasn't recognizable unless you were a fan who was looking for it because you heard about it on the forums, that didn't show the logo or mention the name of the product, and just looked like a generic shooter. Probably more likely that CCP got paid for it than the other way around.

Now that you have confirmed what Kain said, because I definitely needed confirmation, I now feel comfortable changing the lesser point in my previous post. Granted kain also brought up a good point, my main point may still be invalid because they may have used old footage. Oh well guess it confirms that legion is a real boy after all.*
*legion will never be released.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Who want some Quafe BPO's?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Pirate of Penzance posted:

So apparently Legion was show in the new John Wick movie.

Crasniya posted:

EA/Activision/whoever probably wanted a boatload of money to let them use one of their titles for what amounts to a few seconds of generic FPS gameplay. Some nerd on the production crew probably suggested they call CCP, who let them use some footage from Legion on the cheap.

At least they're finally releasing BPOs for the newer suits. Too little, too late, obvious cashgrab, etc.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Hobo on Fire posted:

EA/Activision/whoever probably wanted a boatload of money to let them use one of their titles for what amounts to a few seconds of generic FPS gameplay. Some nerd on the production crew probably suggested they call CCP, who let them use some footage from Legion on the cheap.

At least they're finally releasing BPOs for the newer suits. Too little, too late, obvious cashgrab, etc.

Still, I consider grabbing some Amarr assault BPOs, just in case I want to shoot something with lasers. (And to be honest, with my proud 1:20 kill/death ratio, I need every BPO I can get my hands on. Really, being killed by me must be the most embarrassing thing ever.)

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
too cheap to buy an account myself
So someone identified the fact that the John Wick footage was actually in one of the on set shots on a TV. I used some editing magic to compare the footage on the TV to the cropped close-ups (huray 2.35 widescreen) and the footage is the same as one of the close ups. This puts the gameplay footage as old as December 2013 when principal photography finished for the film. The result? Doesn't mean anything about the health of Legion at this point one way or the other.

We need some real updates from CCP to determine anything. Going from we don't have any available Devs to work on Dust to we've done a 1.9 and it involved real dev work doesn't bode well. On the other hand it could just be Legion work spilling over to Dust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013
I know it isn't the real reason but a petty corner of my mind likes to think that the reason they took some Legion* footage and put it on a normal TV instead of just using Dust, a console game that runs by default on TVs, is because CCP is so embarrassed by Dust as a product they have their name on they couldn't bring themselves to put it out to the larger media. Again I know that isn't the reason but I think I'm going to adopt it in my head cannon.

*Legion is never coming out.

• Locked thread