Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Libluini posted:

Lucky you, I have to play this game, just so I can grab an Amarr Apex BPO to satisfy my vanity without paying far too much money on this dying abomination.

But I found a solution! See, at least once a week the neighbour's kid is visiting me for English lessons (because his English is atrocious and his father practically begged me to do it after he noticed me listening to an English podcast) and to motivate him for the boring parts, I let him play a few FW-matches for me. Easy LP and I don't get the headache of grinding and can just play for fun whenever!

He even thinks Dust is fun, too. :3:

I think this could be considered child abuse. Or possibly a war crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
CCP Rattati was on our podcast last night: http://s3.amazonaws.com/biomassed/BiomassedEp32.mp3

Thankfully, I was not the one doing much of the talking, so you can mostly avoid the pain of having to hear me talk.

EDIT: Apparently Hilmar tweeted our podcast. Which is cool.

Crasniya fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Dec 9, 2014

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence
1.10 dropped, if that's of interest to anybody.

Some new MMO-like features that experienced players can ignore, also cheaper, shittier OB's that I think can be achieved by solo players.

Equipment bandwidth and EWAR changes are the big gameplay changers, Scouts are sloooooowly being brought back to earth

Crasniya
Jun 26, 2013
The key goal of small solo flux OBs is to let players torch rooftop uplinks, basically. Note that you still do need to be in a squad to use them, so you should basically create a solo squad and lock it now, to queue solo.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
ahaha but there's these terrible 'loyalty ranks' that now display before every person's name until they turn it off

and they're all awful military ranks. i'd have gone for a cyberpunk corporate goon theme, like 'stooge' to 'enforcer' to 'cleaner' or whatever.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Utgardaloki posted:

ahaha but there's these terrible 'loyalty ranks' that now display before every person's name until they turn it off

and they're all awful military ranks. i'd have gone for a cyberpunk corporate goon theme, like 'stooge' to 'enforcer' to 'cleaner' or whatever.

look, it works for CoD :colbert:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
I did a bad thing today: During a FW-match, I found a long pipe surrounded left and right by other pipes, leading to an opening. At that opening, I could see enemies in the distance. So I made sure to set up drop-uplinks behind me to respawn if neccessary, then tried to shoot the enemies milling around below the opening. Of course I got my stupid head shot off immediately.

Now the important thing is, there was enough space between the pipes you could see movement on the middle pipe from the ground below and subsequently shoot through this space at people running around on the pipe. Just as I waited for respawn, a lot of people from my side started spawning on the pipe, giving me lots of points. The other side however had noticed this, thanks to me dying on those pipes, so they set up a death trap killing everything on the pipe. So I accidentally made my side lose a dozen clones or something. Woops! :v:

Libluini fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Dec 16, 2014

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

This isn't bad, it's hilarious and unless you want to win, it's the funniest thing to do while solo.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

That's actually the best way to farm isk, since I played anyway. You lose quickly and get so many points from spawns that you take first by a wide margin, getting a shitload of isk.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

This isn't bad, it's hilarious and unless you want to win, it's the funniest thing to do while solo.

I used to do this in Minmatar FW when we had a squad running Amarr. Drop uplink for friendlies to camp, then run around killing all the other uplinks so people have no choice but to use yours.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

That's actually the best way to farm isk, since I played anyway. You lose quickly and get so many points from spawns that you take first by a wide margin, getting a shitload of isk.
if i were an intelligent man, id have realized this long ago :psyduck:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Sadly, I was AFK most of the match and only made 6th place. :v:

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
I've managed to crack open about 8 of my Salvage Boxes(across five characters, no joke) or whatever and I finally got something that wasn't some low-tier aurum item.

It was a unique pre-fitted Frontline Dropsuit, Designated II-G or whatever. It was awful and useless, it had a ferroscale plate and a sidearm damage mod to match up with it's Ion Pistol, all basic, but it sure was an interesting find. I got a 7 run of them and I've kept the last a a curiosity.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I found this today, it's a Goonfeet video I'd never seen before, from an angle i'd always wanted to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/daopa/c/2727565

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
Are you guys serious about picking up Internal Error. tags? I just started following Dust again so I guess I should get with the program!

Rockstar Massacre fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 8, 2015

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Utgardaloki posted:

Are you guys serious about picking up Internal Error. tags? Is there anything behind that initiative or anyone else doing it?

I've no real desire to drop the Goon flag but I'll bandwagon to somewhere else for sure.

You can read the full explanation here

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Sammus posted:

You can read the full explanation here

sammus, i sent him a pm about it

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
from a position of
which i've replied to, appreciatively.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Jokes on you, I'm not letting any of you fuckers back in.

e:sp

Samahiel fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 8, 2015

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Utgardaloki posted:

At least there is the neat little detail of localized ranks. I got ranks in my home country's military. (I'm a "Feldwebel" :smug:)

But yeah, I would have preferred goddamn Amarr ranks for my Amarr mercenary. :argh:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Samahiel posted:

Jokes on you, I'm not letting any of your fuckers back in.

samahiel: the good man who isn't an enabler :shobon:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

It's off-topic for the thread but since I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to post about group / clan requests in the Destiny thread I'm doing it here. Sorry.

I put in a request for the Destiny group since it looks like the only PS3 goon group and also because I love you guys.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

It's off-topic for the thread but since I'm pretty sure I'm not supposed to post about group / clan requests in the Destiny thread I'm doing it here. Sorry.

I put in a request for the Destiny group since it looks like the only PS3 goon group and also because I love you guys.

Isn't Destiny that really boring Counter Strike-clone in space? Is anyone still playing that piece of junk?

titties
May 10, 2012

Libluini posted:

Isn't Destiny that really boring Counter Strike-clone in space? Is anyone still playing that piece of junk?

Seems like, there are always plenty of people running around on PS3 when I play. I had been avoiding it because the goonmind said it was bad, but since half of my friends list was playing it I decided to give it a try. I am having quite bit of fun with it but all of my friends quit playing the moment I got it.

Don't know how long it will hold up though since you can hit the base level cap in a few days.

Also it's not like counterstrike, it is an FPSMMO that also has a standard cap / dm PVP.

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

Sammus posted:

I found this today, it's a Goonfeet video I'd never seen before, from an angle i'd always wanted to see.

http://www.twitch.tv/daopa/c/2727565

This makes me miss this game, kind of. You guys were always fun to squad with.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

A few of us still play on ps3 I think but not too many, Destiny just kind of came and went in the space of a few months for most of us.

titties
May 10, 2012

Moronic Farce posted:

A few of us still play on ps3 I think but not too many, Destiny just kind of came and went in the space of a few months for most of us.

Some is better than none, and as far as I could tell the DUSTiny clan is the only PS3 goon clan. In my (admittedly pretty bad) opinion Destiny is a lot more fun than Dust was, :rip: DUST514

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

titties posted:

Seems like, there are always plenty of people running around on PS3 when I play. I had been avoiding it because the goonmind said it was bad, but since half of my friends list was playing it I decided to give it a try. I am having quite bit of fun with it but all of my friends quit playing the moment I got it.

Don't know how long it will hold up though since you can hit the base level cap in a few days.

Also it's not like counterstrike, it is an FPSMMO that also has a standard cap / dm PVP.

Well, I don't really know anything about Counter Strike, except as a game where you shoot things with guns. Like in Destiny :v:

But honestly, I would only play Destiny if it allows me to play as an Amarrian Cyber Knight using lasers while running around in golden armor. Sadly, Dust seems to be the only game which allows this (also it doesn't cost money), so I'll stay and play Dust514. Occasionally.

titties
May 10, 2012

Moronic Farce posted:

That's cool, a few someones are better than no one.

I'd appreciate it if someone would auth my Bad Goon Rising 514 group join request.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013

titties posted:

That's cool, a few someones are better than no one.

I'd appreciate it if someone would auth my Bad Goon Rising 514 group join request.

I may not have been clear, last I heard there were 2 people in the group still logging in on the regular and one of them owns the ps4 ver and was going to hang with the last holdout.
There may not be anyone left to let you in.

titties
May 10, 2012

Moronic Farce posted:

I may not have been clear, last I heard there were 2 people in the group still logging in on the regular and one of them owns the ps4 ver and was going to hang with the last holdout.
There may not be anyone left to let you in.

I kind of thought that was the case, which is why I was posting here. I figured that even if they're not playing any more, either Samahiel or Dox might see that I was asking and spare a couple seconds to log in to the bungie website.

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
too cheap to buy an account myself

Samahiel posted:

Jokes on you, I'm not letting any of you fuckers back in.

e:sp

Now that's just mean.

For me the next few months are pretty much do or die for Dust. If this new Warbarge stuff actually lands well and the PC changes don't end up being terrible maybe some new life will be breathed into the game. If it doesn't work out though I really don't see anywhere else for Dust to really go.

Raiding could probably be one of the more fun things they could add to the game but it seems like that's really far away at best. With the way CCP works far away many times turns into never happening.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Pirate of Penzance posted:

Now that's just mean.

For me the next few months are pretty much do or die for Dust. If this new Warbarge stuff actually lands well and the PC changes don't end up being terrible maybe some new life will be breathed into the game. If it doesn't work out though I really don't see anywhere else for Dust to really go.

Raiding could probably be one of the more fun things they could add to the game but it seems like that's really far away at best. With the way CCP works far away many times turns into never happening.

What actual form are those barges going to take?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Samahiel posted:

What actual form are those barges going to take?

shhhhh samahiel. it's ~Warbarges~ okay? don't dash kane's last remaining dream. let ccp handle that.

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
From what CCP has said there will be personal warbarges which are fairly small vessels and then corporate barges (Warbarge flotilla) which are the big daddies we are used to. They won't exist in Eve anytime soon though.

Blazing Zero posted:

shhhhh samahiel. it's ~Warbarges~ okay? don't dash kane's last remaining dream. let ccp handle that.

Sadly you are probably right. The carrot-on-a-stick that is "Eve" resource from districts has been dangled yet again and on the roadmap for this year.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

From what CCP has said there will be personal warbarges which are fairly small vessels and then corporate barges (Warbarge flotilla) which are the big daddies we are used to. They won't exist in Eve anytime soon though.

Sadly you are probably right. The carrot-on-a-stick that is "Eve" resource from districts has been dangled yet again and on the roadmap for this year.

Do we even have any districts right now? I think the last time I logged in was in December last year.

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
Goonfeet hasn't had districts in well over a year now I think. Supposedly the PC changes may allow raiding so having land may not always have to be a thing. Just pile into a barge and go gently caress up people's stuff. Perhaps just wishful thinking.

Samahiel
Mar 17, 2009

Can we walk on them, are they a menu, are they a stat line? What new gameplay do they actually enable?

Pirate of Penzance
Mar 30, 2006
The newest version of the PC proposal is here and may explain the barges a bit:

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=188510&find=unread

As for them being a social space? Not sure but it'd be pretty awesome if they were. It seems the biggest thing that's going to come out of the personal barges is manufacturing of special weapons, modules, and equipment.

Edit: Totally glossed over probably one of the more interesting points in this proposal: Raiding.

Pirate of Penzance fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jan 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I think I've contracted some form of Stockholm's Syndrome as I miss Dust 514.

• Locked thread