Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Feels good to kill a tryhard in his/her proto suit with my Milita AR or Milita Shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

IronSaber posted:

Feels good to kill a tryhard in his/her proto suit with my Milita AR or Milita Shotgun.

I think the most enjoyment I've gotten out of dust is murder taxi and militia shotgun kills on some proto logi with a duvolle who I know must have a 150 - 200k isk suit. Right before the match ends makes it even sweeter.

CaptainStag
Sep 29, 2004

Good acting is a practiced craft, one that suggests subtlety and nuance.
I just sent an application, character name Captain Stag. PSN: CaptStag.

The game's not that bad, right? The price seems right.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
I just applied as well. Haven't played since the closed beta.

Character name Thoraby, PSN: Peydude.

Mr. Buchstansangur
Jul 10, 2012
I was pretty curious about the commando suit when they announced it, but quickly lost interest when I found out it was heavy-based.

But it did remind me of an old devblog about suit roles they put out quite a few months back. Every suit type had two further variations, usually one lighter and faster and one heavier, but I can't find the blog anywhere. I remember even talking to a few Goons about them on the old II website chat. Maybe they just scrapped the idea, and took the blog down as if nothing happened?

anglachel
May 28, 2012
I think CCP is going to quickly reach a crisis. Because the core population of the game seems to be tryhards in Prototype everything, and then noobs get stomped, which means that getting new people is much harder. The fact that the server number are around 5000 usually seems like a big honking warning sign. but maybe I just don't know what normal numbers should look like for a healthy game.

I'm kind of a middle position where if I have at least one tryhard fit. Problem is it's a heavy fit. And all the Goons are already in squads doing there thing typically. (what few are on)

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

"Farce... You'll always be the brony of my heart"
Samahiel, August 30 2013
IRC leak, fight the power, information wants to be free, this machine kills secrets, power to the people, question your leaders, revolution.

2:36:58 PM - Farce: oh man 24 hour hash browns would be worth being president
2:37:15 PM - Klapman: how is the president not fat as hell
2:37:30 PM - Farce: Taft was
2:38:02 PM - Klapman: wait, did taft have mcdonalds? did he create mcdonalds?
2:40:00 PM - Farce: now your just being silly
2:40:23 PM - Klapman: who other than the president could make such delicious treats?
2:40:54 PM - Farce: Taft was president during the depression there was no McDonalds thats why everyone was so hungry
2:41:42 PM - Klapman: drat, mcdonalds was created 10 years after taft's death

Edit: More truth bombs.

3:06:12 PM - Unruly_Amoeba: Everyone knows that the people who work at the white-house mc'ds works for the NSA
3:06:30 PM - Unruly_Amoeba: AND the place where you really wanna hear juicy details is the bar they hide off the senate floor.
3:07:41 PM - Klapman: gently caress, guess i'm putting in an application to the NSA
3:07:53 PM - Farce: Do you have evidence of this link between McDs and the NSA? That's a serious accusation
3:09:15 PM - Unruly_Amoeba: I'm just makin' things up
3:09:19 PM - Farce: I think Dox is a conspiracy nut
3:09:31 PM - Unruly_Amoeba: ~* LIZARD PEOPLE *~
3:10:07 PM - Farce: There's no place in this serious conversation for "makin' things up"
3:10:22 PM - Unruly_Amoeba: Uhhhhhh... >.>
3:10:30 PM - Samahiel: the gently caress did I just read
3:10:42 PM - Farce: get out of my sight

Moronic Farce fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 28, 2013

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

anglachel posted:

I think CCP is going to quickly reach a crisis. Because the core population of the game seems to be tryhards in Prototype everything, and then noobs get stomped, which means that getting new people is much harder. The fact that the server number are around 5000 usually seems like a big honking warning sign. but maybe I just don't know what normal numbers should look like for a healthy game.

You're absolutely right, CCP's poor design decisions and the decision to use Uprising as their release build have seen people leave Dust in droves.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Using my Logitech webcam as a microphone works .. Might buy a PS3 for this game

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mr Man posted:

Using my Logitech webcam as a microphone works .. Might buy a PS3 for this game

Those make really really good microphones, I gotta add. Got a cheap Logitech C525 and I'm and audiophile, I was really positively surprised by trying it out as a mic. They put $50-$150 gamer headset mics to shame.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Just applied as Richard LaGrande. Doing okay solo, but I could use all the help I can get. Not enough tears!

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

Just applied as Rectum Breach

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

Big Floppy posted:

Just applied as Rectum Breach

There's a Shakespeare joke in there somewhere.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

swampcow posted:

There's a Shakespeare joke in there somewhere.

I found it

"Shakespeare loved getting his rectum breached / SVER True Blood for lyfe homie"

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013
Big ups to this evenings squad Klap, Char, and Rectum for really raising the bar on intelligent discourse and civil discussion during the games we played today. It was edutainment at its finest and I think we all walked away better people as a result. Also there was another guy who's name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure I'll remember you on our next meeting.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

Richard LaGrande!

Rest easy, the in game chat audio was too low on the livestream, so the conversation is lost to history.

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013

handbandit posted:

Richard LaGrande!

Rest easy, the in game chat audio was too low on the livestream, so the conversation is lost to history.

It was actually streamed? Man we need a warning for these types of situations.

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

If I'm on, I'm usually streaming.

At least we weren't hitting on 15 year old guys like the Xbox COD goons do. But hey, we have to earn those BOYS and BTSX clan tags somehow.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I got invited to join the corp GODZ OF WAR or whatever after squadding with GOD ARES and GOD HEPHAESTUS. This came up because I "seemed" cool after literally only saying "sup guys". I turned down their generous offer but they said they were planning to get into PC soon and I laughed.

They don't know what kind of hollow point bullet they dodged. If I was on my alt...

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Moronic Farce posted:

Big ups to this evenings squad Klap, Char, and Rectum for really raising the bar on intelligent discourse and civil discussion during the games we played today. It was edutainment at its finest and I think we all walked away better people as a result. Also there was another guy who's name escapes me at the moment but I'm sure I'll remember you on our next meeting.

there's a farce if I ever heard one

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

klapman posted:

there's a farce if I ever heard one

Quite the moronic thing to say actually.

Anuvin
Jan 10, 2008
Death to the False Emperor!
In as Droll Means Funny. PSN Anuvin.

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

Anuvin posted:

In as Droll Means Funny. PSN Anuvin.

This is my favorite name.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I need some warm bodies at 12 EST. We have 2 awoxs lined up as a going away party before 1.2 comes out and gets rid of our fun.

Edit: Update on the awox: we made a baby cry. Literally.

Sammus fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jul 1, 2013

Reeoorb
Jun 25, 2006
is...is...is got communisms in it...
I applied in game, think his name is Anitov, PSN Digitist

Apparently all my old pack stuff I got during the beta is now junk, I mag dump my sub into someones face and it does absolutely nothing.

Sigh.

Reeoorb fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 1, 2013

Moronic Farce
Sep 21, 2008

Samahiel, August 30 2013
And so closes this chapter of the story of Grief University.

Lil HoneyBooboo went on to compete in the child beauty pageant circuit, but was banned from competing for replacing another contestant's balloon drop with cow entrails stolen from a nearby slaughterhouse.
Ell Oh Ell became a famous playwright who went on to win 5 Tony awards, he was later eaten by a small family of rabid beavers.
Amilia420 EarheartxXxXxXxX took off in her biplane and was never seen again, but sometimes space ship pilots turn in reports of swing music and 40s American propaganda in the deepest regions of New Eden.
Gravity Sucks disappeared, no one went to look for him because as his name implies dude sucks.
Blueberry Pop founded the infamous "Blueberry pops" candy company, government investigations in regards to illegal ingredients in their candies are still underway.
hate spire graduated from Grief University with a masters in architecture, he built a giant spire in the town square, later when asked how he felt about the piece he had mixed feelings.
Model No 0001 was decommissioned and scrapped for parts, today his legacy lives on in one third of the toasters in New Eden.
Harlem Space Pirate still can't get a taxi to stop for him in space New York.

Godspeed Grief University heroes rest well until your talents are required once more.

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/07/weapons-free-with-dust-514-events-in-july-and-august/

3X SP gain from July 4th-10th.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

A strange thing that they're starting this on Thursday, meaning if you want to maximise your sp reward you have to stay offline after reset on Wednesday.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

well poo poo maybe i'll play this awful game again.

Does anybody play in the mornings, EST wise? What's the competition like around then?

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
You're better off just afking.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

Exioce posted:

A strange thing that they're starting this on Thursday, meaning if you want to maximise your sp reward you have to stay offline after reset on Wednesday.

And then trying to cap out again on the 10th after the reset.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Hobo on Fire posted:

And then trying to cap out again on the 10th after the reset.

The devs have clarified that the triple sp terminates after downtime on the 10th, unlike last time, so that won't be a possibility.

They've also stated that when Thursday 4th rolls around, if you've already capped out on Wednesday 3rd, your sp cap will be extended (so you'll have an additional 2 x 190k sp you could earn). However, that still means that mathematically if you have a booster you should not play Wednesday. If you don't have a booster it makes no difference if you start playing Wednesday.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like my LAV guide's gone live: http://themittani.com/features/murder-taxi-lav-tale

The short of it is simple. Get LAVs. Put on resists and extenders and plates or whatever, just make it survivable. Run everyone over and hack everything. They're such great pieces of equipment and generate many tears.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if the terrain improvements will mean LAVs flip and flop around less now...

Aurra
Feb 3, 2006

I played a few matches with the new patch and I'm really enjoying it.

The removal of hard-cap weapon ranges has really helped out the HMG. Using the 4k RPM variant I was melting medium suits outdoors at 50m+ ranges, with 67m being my record so far. The framerate is much more stable which helped out with general aiming as well.

I was also being revived constantly. :toot:

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

Aurra posted:

I played a few matches with the new patch and I'm really enjoying it.

The removal of hard-cap weapon ranges has really helped out the HMG. Using the 4k RPM variant I was melting medium suits outdoors at 50m+ ranges, with 67m being my record so far. The framerate is much more stable which helped out with general aiming as well.

I was also being revived constantly. :toot:

Haven't played yet, but I'm guessing that once your target is outside of your max range every round you send after them has to pass a check to see whether it fizzles out or not? If that's the case the HMG has a definite advantage with its crazy RPM stat.

si
Apr 26, 2004

Present posted:

Haven't played yet, but I'm guessing that once your target is outside of your max range every round you send after them has to pass a check to see whether it fizzles out or not? If that's the case the HMG has a definite advantage with its crazy RPM stat.

If they use their EVE formulas, which they seem to have used a lot of elsewhere, I would expect it means they increased falloff. Basically you'll hit but do reduced damage based on how far out of optimal you are, up until some falloff cap where you'll stop hitting.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

So if anyone plays Dust by beating people to death with their bare hands, the commando suits do 240 melee damage. This is compared to 150 for heavies, 110 for the various medium frames and 80 for scouts. Proto Nova knives list 200 damage.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Hahahaha, wow. 37,000+ players on at once. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

IronSaber posted:

Hahahaha, wow. 37,000+ players on at once. :golfclap:

Maybe they decided to make it show the total server numbers (Eve + Dust) :)

• Locked thread