Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Am I doing something horribly wrong?

This game looks blurry and terrible on my monitor. I have an HDMI cable running from my ps3 and my monitor, and when I get ingame, I can barely tell whats going on. There's just so much blurry, messy graphics and jagged edges everywhere.

Is it my setup that's causing this? Or some setting i can change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
Computer monitor.

I have 2d fighting games that look great on the monitor, but anything 3D that runs on 720p on my monitor looks like smashed rear end.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Uba Stij posted:

Congrats on winning the PC Matches the other day. It was Subdreddit and some other random group right?

Silly question, but what's your output resolution at? We've had people using the app from the company I work for having the same issue and it turns out its just that app doesn't support anything under 720p, it could be the same thing for you.

I dont think LCD monitors choose what resolution they display at. It's whatever the device connected to them is telling it to display at.

Gearhead posted:

Sounds like your monitor might not be set for the right display resolution. Check to see if you can change any of the settings on the screen itself.

See above. When I'm using my monitor for my computer, it's at 1920x1080. But, when I have my input switched to my PS3, if I'm running a 720p game like Dust, it drops down to 1280×720. That's the default resolution for 720p anything.

Blazblue for example, uses 1080p resolution and looks waaaaaay better on my monitor.

Umbreon fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 12, 2013

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

LCD screens look like rear end when they're displaying anything but their native resolution.

Ah, that explains it. Am I just totally hosed unless I want to haul my ps3 to another room then?

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Uba Stij posted:

I was talking about your PS3's video output resolution.

Press the "Playstation" button in the middle of the controller & go to "System Settings" on the menu displayed. Select "Display Settings", then click "Video Output Settings" to find your output type and select it. Then choose "Custom" and once there choose the type of resolution you want as your output and accept the changes.

Like I said, our PS3 app doesn't support below 720p (since we stream in HD only) so that might be a similar situation going on, although that would be pretty stupid but then again it's CCP :ccp:

Ah, well I'm not sure I'll be able to make it to that given traffic has been a bitch lately.

Yeah, it's at 1080p. Turns out my issue is this though:

PerrineClostermann posted:

LCD screens look like rear end when they're displaying anything but their native resolution.

• Locked thread