Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just a note, it's more important to have a decent fit than a decent weapon. I've been doing very well in my Proto Medium Frame with only AR Operation 1. You honestly only "need" to go to Advanced level, which isn't much of an SP investment...unless you're new.

e: I should probably post my info sheet.

code:
Passive SP:
24k/day unboosted
36k/day boosted
168k/week unboosted
252k/week boosted

Active SP:
190k/week unboosted
285k/week boosted

Boosted:
537k/week

Unboosted:
358k/week

Time for:
500k - 2 Weeks Unboosted, 1 Week Boosted
1m - 3 Weeks Unboosted, 2 Weeks Boosted
3m - 6 Weeks Boosted
6m - 12 Weeks Boosted

Passive Booster:
7k Aur, 7 days
Month cost: 28k Aur
Two Month cost: 56k Aur
Quarter cost: 84k Aur

1 Month Passive Boosted: 1008k SP
1 Month Passive Unboosted: 672k SP
1 Month Boost Gain: 336k SP

336k SP/Month for 28k Aur

1 Month Active Boosted: 1140k SP
1 Month Active Unboosted: 760k SP
1 Month Boost Gain: 380k SP

380k SP/Month for 28k Aur (If buying from store; Merc Pack provides 30 day Active for 20 USD. 20 USD = 40k Aur.)

PerrineClostermann fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, I'm not trying to discount better weapons. They're better for a reason. It's just that with my Exile (which, admittedly, is basically a less-damaging GEK), I often fight and kill Protosuits without much of an issue.

Also, the T1 Swarm Launcher is pretty good now. If you need AV, drop 12k SP into Swarms and pick up Hacked EX-0 AV Grenades, which require no skills.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Samahiel posted:

T1 Swarms are awesome, I was using one the other day to absolutely ruin the hopes and dreams of the enemy. We had them bottle necked and they kept calling in milita LAVs to try to break out. My swarm launcher didn't even let those trucks reach ground.

That's always delicious. If you time it right, you can nail those jeeps just as they hop in, scoring a kill as well.

Also, ramming a dropship with an LAV is a great way to kill it. I blew up a blue dropship that way, dude was pissed. I was pleased.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

bam thwok posted:

Has anyone created an analogue to the assault skill training plan that was on the II forums for a while? I've spec'd the basics from the previous posts for Uprising, but that was only the first 1 million of the SP I've got stockpiled, and I have no idea what to do with it, nor the patience to get all spreadsheety. I just want to be slightly better at manhunting without having to think too hard.

There's a newbie skill plan that helps you get a good medium frame build going, I believe. Paradox had it made up, should be in the Goonfeet thread.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Whelp, as TMDC is looking for DUST writers and someone in the IRC brought it up, I've submitted a writing sample for consideration.

God, what have I gotten into?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IronSaber posted:

The brand-new Mercenary Pack is live on the PSN Store, the one with the Dragonfly Assault Dropsuit BPO and the Toxin Assault Rifle BPO.

What are the stats on the suit?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Looks like scramblers are the new AR. Those fuckers eat shields like they aren't even there, especially when coupled with flux grenades.

I think it might be time to make an armor tanked heavy with a scrambler rifle. Or whatever fotm build is around now. :saddowns:

The forum reception seems to be that ARs are still better than SRs. I'm all for it; SRs are less likely to be nerfed.

And flux grenades will completely neutralize any infantry shield, SR or no.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Getting mad at space video games. With the poo poo that's been going on tonight, it's perhaps understandable but still not ok. Sorry about that, guys.

Just please don't drop orbitals on empty loving points...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Academy battles only have people with a warpoint total under some number. Apparently it's pretty low, but hey.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think it should just be SP, honestly.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
LAVs are loving amazing. I'm speccing into them immediately.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Glasscock posted:

Ah ok so that skill is basically an overarching "any shield recharge regulator module will get +X% better" sort of thing?

Yes, though keep in mind the dropsuit skills only apply to dropsuits. They used to also apply to vehicles and vice versa in the previous build.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

KillerQueen posted:

So this game looks fun and I want just downloaded it but it's gonna be my first multiplayer shooter. How hosed will I be without a headset?

You won't be able to talk to us. Just be sure to enable voice so you can hear us.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Just remove the module, your yellow module will return. It's the default module for that suit; it comes free.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kira Akashiya posted:

Tested again, if you put a Militia Sniper Rifle on to the Starter Sniper fit, it turns back to yellow box instead of using limited amount.

If I put any other militia guns on the Starter Sniper fit, then only it becomes limited use

Very odd design, why bother giving limited run of militia weapons if we can just use the default starter. I already have a unlimited starter assault fit yet the game still gives me 50 militia assault rifles, kinda redundant it seems

Those free fits you have are basically special dropsuit BPOs that come with their own fitting. There are several payed suits that do the same (though none run with "good" modules). Essentially, if you don't equip modules onto the suit, it'll use its own "built-in" modules. The frontline suits comes with an AR and pistol built in. The sniper suit comes with a sniper rifle built in. So on and so forth.

Militia modules that you can buy separately in the market are there for you to customize fittings without spending SP. For instance, before I skilled into them, I had a militia swarm launcher on my ADV suit. Vehicles can benefit greatly from militia modules as well, considering you only have one free LAV fitting.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The good BPOs aren't for sale on the market. They're in promo codes or merc packs and the like. The Exile Rifle, Guristas Saga are two particularly good BPOs. Exile's basically a GEK with less damage, the Saga is a STD LAV.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
My first article on TMDC is up! It's a decent overview of the community's reaction and CCP's subsequent response to Uprising's release. What do you think?

http://themittani.com/features/uprising-lessons-learned

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

I told you to apply, and see? I was right.

Thanks, man. It's strange to think people actually like my writing; I've gotten several positive responses on a few sites. Here's to DUST!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

Azael found this, its basically a $30 merc pack for $8

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1957

That's the Guristas Saga code that's been floating around. You can get them for 5-10 dollars on Ebay, and they come with 20k Aur, a Guristas Saga LAV, and a bunch of consumables. It's like a 10 dollar merc pack, I suppose.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo the official forums are on fire.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Shoren posted:

Everyone needs to put points into swarm launchers. They are no longer useless even with the vehicle HP buff that just went into effect. I spend the last matches yesterday getting to my cap just spawning into skirmish, posting up on a high place, and blowing up every vehicle I saw. If I wasn't top place in my team for WP then I was never lower than 3rd place.

Here's what to do: get swarm launchers and weapon upgrades both to level 3, make a dropsuit with the CBR-7 SL (advanced), two enhanced light damage mods (use more if like), and a nanohive (a K-2 nanohive can last me all match) then go wreak havoc upon the unsuspecting enemy team. This set-up will give you a 4-round mag on your swarm launcher which is more than enough to take out the plethora of militia tanks you see around (thanks to the new merc packs) without needing to reload. Likewise, even with the HP buff LAVs will still fall to one salvo of swarms (very rarely will you need a second) and even tanks like Madrugars and Gunnlogis will run for the hills when they realize they're about to die.

Things being as they are there's almost no need for a forge gun anymore given the extremely high barrier to entry for it when swarms work just as well. I know Xaerael will back me up on this given his use of the Wyrkomi swarm launcher and how he can one-shot militia tanks with it. Seriously, just put a few points into swarm launchers and never have to worry about an enemy tank running rampant against your team again.

Absolutely this. Advanced Swarm Launchers are incredible in this build. They do five missiles a shot and have four in the magazine. Five if you level up for protos. Turrets are dead in two or three salvos, if you care about those. Tanks end up having to back off very often. It's a ton of fun and I usually run swarms when I play in LAVs.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Some of you might be interested in my second article!

I swear, advertising here won't become a habit.

http://themittani.com/news/dust-514-eve-culture-shock-and-grief-university

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IronSaber posted:

With FF on, can one destroy their own turret/supply/CRU installations?

Yep!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Glasscock posted:

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but I don't see it - what is that Inception sound that plays over and over on like every map? It's cool but it never stops. Doesn't seem to be tied to any event in particular.

Orbital bombardments.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I've sold my soul to CCP and bought the elite pack. Used half the aurum on three omega passives.

The Ishukone Saga included comes with a missile launcher on the fit, making it better than the Guristas Saga. Neat.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Puzzle Thing posted:

Hey guys, I was gonna try this out, and I'd really like to play as a fast medic with an emphasis on close quarters fights. Beyond following the newbie training guide, do you guys have any tips on how I should spec my dude?

Don't play medic.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
This guy is gold!

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Octavious posted:

Counterpoint: Do you really want the average Gametrailers viewer to be in the same game with you?

No, but we must tread these waters carefully, lest we comfort ourselves with cries of "We didn't want that gamer anyway!" as we whither away.

But more seriously, gently caress gametrailers.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

I know this sounds silly, but do we really have reason to believe Ill Omens will actually honor that agreement?

It's not like we care about that district, anyway. It's legitimately a liability. If we have it and make ISK, cool, but if they stab us in the back and take it, whatever. It's a gift from the Imps that came out of nowhere, right?

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

IronSaber posted:

So what is the acclimation rate on Passive SP in terms of non-booster/booster/omega booster?

I posted rates for unboosted (x1) and boosted (x1.5) on the first page. Omega is x2. Basically, 24k, 36k, and 48k sp per day.

E: also, accumulation, not acclimation.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Looks pretty solid. Man, I forgot how much SP it takes to get stuff now.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Omnikin posted:

So I unlocked up past Grenadier 2 which apparently gives me access to AV grenades- do my existing grenades become AV or are they something I have to buy/blueprint/whatever?

AV Grenades are a type of grenade. You have to buy and equip them.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
For those of us that aren't color blind, it's probably your TV/Monitor not being calibrated well. The difference between squadmates and teammates is clear on my screens, though when blue and red berries overlap in large groups it can get a little messy.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrLonghair posted:

Switching from Component to HDMI made a huge difference for me. Analogue video is best left behind for things like CRTs.

Huh. I use HDMI, that might be it. Analog signals are prone to all sorts of stupid noise, so I avoid them whenever possible.

Take that, audiophiles :colbert:

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

swampcow posted:

Grenadier 3 is definitely the best bang for your SP. 20 (or 25?)% more damage, 10% bigger blast radius, and the grenades don't cost much more than the level 1 grenades.

The other day, I caught 3 dudes trying to cap an undefended point. I half-rear end threw an M1 by the point, right after they scattered when I shot at them. It killed all three of them. :v:

I'd argue Grenadier II is the best bang/buck, but I use AV grenades exclusively. Packed AV grenades are stupid good. To get an upgrade that actually does more damage, I'd have to hop up to IV.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sammus posted:

Could someone please draw up a skill and gear plan to build the perfect Logi LAV? I'm going to start making Logi Car alts to gently caress with people. Since it's easily the most hated tactic in game at the moment, whole squads would surely piss people off, and I'd like to work towards that!

If you go armor, you can fit some utility highs. Most important is survivability, though, so spec for the 60mm nanofiber plate, the lower-fitting repper, and PG upgrades. Get a T1 turret of any kind. Then skill fitting to mount those modules. After that, go for hp and resist bonuses. My limbus has:

Militia Active Scanner
DCU
Shield Resist

Repper
Plate
Pg Diagnostics

Missile Turret

It has 3209 armor, something like 600+ shield. It's a really tight fit...and nothing boosts pg output.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

I hate to sound like an ignorant idiot, (but I am!) but any tips on skills or upgrades that basically improve my health/armor, or general assault rifle deadliness?

No advice too basic! Hit me with anything...

There's a skill that provides a 5% bonus to armor, one that provides a 5% bonus to shield, a pair that boosts the bonus provided by plates and shields by 5%, and your AR operation/sharpshooter/proficiency/capacity skills will do a lot to help you out. I recommend sharpshooter unless you're going with Tac ARs.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking of going heavy with the respec. Should probably try it with some dropsuits first though.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Barf Wight posted:

I feel like a massive dingus for asking this, but here goes: Whenever I try to purchase skills it only lets me spend ISK so I've not bought anything yet since the guide in the OP is calculated with skill points I guess I'm just doing something wrong and am a moron. What am I missing?

You must buy a skill before you can train it. A skill book gives you level 0 in a skill. Further training costs SP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Uba Stij posted:

What's funny is he started off all nice and friendly, and then just got more and more mad because Grief University weren't playing the game the way he wanted them to be playing.

Yeah, he's pretty chill when calm but christ does he get angry. No control over his anger.

• Locked thread