Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

krael posted:

For some reason I just love the whole Shredder thingie.

I don't know who came up with the idea of Goonfeet, but the "foot clan" is just such a drat perfect and ironic analogy.

I am glad people appreciate it. It wasn't my idea but that Shredder is Uncle Sam poster is fabulous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Shoren posted:

Servers are back online now.

The reward for playing 100 matches last month (which I somehow managed to hit) are 100 copies of the HEP Metabolic Enhancer, a low-power biotic giving a 5% boost to sprint speed and a 15% bonus to melee damage.

What happened to that combat BPO module? CCP continues to disappoint.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

PerrineClostermann posted:

Some of you might be interested in my second article!

I swear, advertising here won't become a habit.

http://themittani.com/news/dust-514-eve-culture-shock-and-grief-university

Very good read to wake up to on my daily themittani.com routine. Also you neckbeards might like to see that CCP is dealing with the SP sinks: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=79780&p=1

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

It don't work quite that fast. In between the time it takes you to push the button, your corpse to hit the ground, and the respawn timer it is closer to 15 or even 20 seconds between suicides.

The average comes out to just over 18 seconds per clone wasted by my initial calculations. Before an awoxing squad goes in, it should be determined if its a clone burn squad or general fuckery. If it is a clone burn squad then suicide spam would have to start immediately on spawn.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

I still think the best part of this game is getting Goons to surround a random person in the lobby and demand a ransom.

If they get stuck in the corner to the far left and start clipping all you need to do is body slam them over and over and they will die in the Warbarge. Not sure if that bug is gone in Uprising, I will have to test it.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

I really hope its not, that seems like a great thing to have in the lobby.

All the more reason the voice on the Warbarge intercom says: "Suicide is not permitted in public areas."

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

They are the new breed to hit New Eden. We must continue our holy witch hunt.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

Could someone please draw up a skill and gear plan to build the perfect Logi LAV? I'm going to start making Logi Car alts to gently caress with people. Since it's easily the most hated tactic in game at the moment, whole squads would surely piss people off, and I'd like to work towards that!

I support your quest wholeheartedly, make sure you record it.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Octavious posted:

4) Logistics: We're not in dire need of Logi's, but you can never have enough. I can think of about a half dozen full timers at the moment. I'm not sure I'd ever shy people away from going Logistics. You'll always be welcome in a squad.

I believe Logistics is favored more than assault in some of the tryhard corps. I am considering respecing to Logi myself because of some of their distinct advantages.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

rodbeard posted:

I've got a whole week of not being able to play because of a move to figure out what I want to respec as. I figure it's about time I try to actually be useful instead of playing my dumbass glass cannon scout. Are we keeping tabs on who are going heavy vs logi with their respecs? I don't want to dogpile on what everyone else is going.

By all means, dogpile. We are in desperate need of heavies and after the respec it is my recommendation that anyone playing assault should switch to Logi. At this point in the game, there is no reason to be assault. As an assault player you are trading the utility of having more ammo, the ability to repair teammates, resurrect teammates and scan for enemies; but all for a sidearm. Logis have more ehp and do the same damage as assaults. Don't forget the extra cpu/pg as well. Right now Caldari and Gallente logis are slated to be the most widely used logi setups for the assault role. (that's right, people are using logis to perform the assault role in PC battles)

If you want to be an assault that badly, train up logi but use basic suits for your assault needs. They are basically the same. In planetary conquest, it is likely we will be employing the use of a 4 logi + 2 heavy 6 man (primary roles) squad makeup for the aforementioned reasons. Secondary roles would be the same squad makeup but everyone has either recon uplink scouts or anti vehicle loadouts for their secondary roles for fast switching and adaptation mid game.

I will be posting a more detailed approach how this works but I am still working on fine tuning what I have researched/stolen already.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Present posted:

CCP have changed the skill tree again. To get the prototype medium basic suit you now have to get your racial lvl 5 skill. But to start skilling into logi suits you only need that race's lvl 3 skill. So in order to get proto Caldari logi suits, for example, you just need medium Caldari lvl 3 and Caldari Logi lvl 5. If you want to be able to run medium Caldari basic proto suits as well, get ready to pay almost an whole million SP for lvls 4+5 in that skill.

As much as Caldari logis are appealing right now, I decided to go for Caldari Assault. That sidearm is just too useful for fits with sniper rifles and swarms.

EDIT - And Barf Wight, it's going to be bad. Really bad. Be strong, man. Play with a goon squad if you can.

It is still less SP to get the basic suit to level V for assault purposes then move onto the Logi skills as compared to getting just the caldari racial assault suit from Basic III. If you spend SP based on my recommendations, you will end up being capable of performing two roles instead of one with not that much of an SP investment.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Present posted:

I do the whole no-squad, lone wolf thing 90% of the time I play, so I really need a suit that allows me to murder the other guy before he finishes reloading his primary. Having a pistol capable of outputting 880 units of damage in a couple of seconds is how I do it. So it makes sense for me to maximize that suit because I spend almost all of my time in it. Especially if it's only 1.5 mil or so SP over the basic one.

If my play style was run with a squad all the time then yeah, Caldari logi would no doubt be the better choice.

Also, there's no way CCP is going to continue letting logis be better than assaults for squad combat. Long term, assault will have all the glory again!

I agree. But I believe that CCP will end up buffing assault to bring them in line with everyone else. One of the ways they could do this is by increasing CPU/PG across the board and giving each assault suit (or at least two of them) additional equipment slots. Once that happens, they will likely be superior to the Logis.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

Thanks to our friends over in IMPs, we now have a new griefing technique I want us to start employing.

2 people team up in a chat channel, not a squad so they can coordinate, one of which is a logi with a needle, the other an assault, shotgun scout, or heavy. They both join the same FW match, but on opposite sides. The logi picks a lone wolf out and follows him somewhere off the beaten path while co-ordinating with his friend to meet up somewhere. Before the assault pops out to smoke the dude, the logi shoots the mark several times to distract him. Once the mark turns to the logi, the assault pops out and murders him. The logi then starts needling the dude on the ground, only for the assault to shoot him as soon as he stands up. A triage nanohive/repair dick might add extra WPs to this. If the needler times things right, the mark will NOT be able to quit the match, and will instead become a source of tons of WP for both parties. His K/D will also go completely to poo poo, and should generate tons of rage.

I'll see to it that the people with the most entertaining hatemail thanks to this get something like 10 million ISK.

[Edit] I just remembered, needles don't need to be in hand now to use them, so a heal gun is a must, and will generate thousands of WP while this is done.

My hope for the game is renewed slightly more! We gotta get Fluff to record a few "demos." +1 for internet fuckery. :parrot:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

Truth be told, we don't actually do a lot of PC at the moment. We're slowly getting into it, but so far we've only had like 3 PC battles. And the majority of the battles are at bad times because the euro players got access to the build with PC about an hour before the rest of the world and took over large swaths of land, and set the timers to be benificial to them. This is changing though, as most of them are getting the poo poo kicked out of them and losing their land.

We'll get there but it has been too much fun destroying the KDRs of try hard players. I think Caeros got 268 kills last nite just on one guy. Needle fuckery at its finest. Hopefully we can score more than 16 OBs in one battle.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

CCP, get me my respec! I want HMGs, too!

tell me about it. They cancelled my ticket and made me wait some more after I filed a new one. Congrats on the PC battle wins!

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Soarer posted:

Yeah, things to check are aim assist OFF, mouse smoothing OFF, dead zone on the move to ZERO, and also make sure the controller X/Y sensitivities are equal. I play at 80 on the mouse sensitivity setting. Not sure what I have my controller sensitivities to though.

I am really glad to have done this. I had my x and y sensitivities different since Uprising. :argh:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013
Looks like those of us in Intel Branch had a hair up our rear end and decided to post a leak from the 3dge of D4rkness forums after we awoxed them with a mixture of Grief University and Goonfeet in a squad. Please note that Kroniq from Imps actually assisted us (and laughed his rear end off) in the awox once he found out what was going on. He was initially hired by 3dge of D4rkness to help them win, too bad all that ISK was for nothing. Enjoy the fruits of your labor:

quote:

Alex Writter LNR  Did we win this one
14 hours ago · Comment · Like
Liked this

uthorius PRG Lets just say it bever happened...
5 hours ago · Like

Brett Foster BCC Gonna have to take a long hard look at our roster and be mindful of the people that get invited to the corp. Last night was a massive kick in the nuts!
5 hours ago · Like

quote:

It's true, sad but true. For those who don't know, our PC battle was compromised yesterday by some very bad people. But let's face it: How frikken amazing was that? Before I am excommunicated from the Corp, let me explain:

CCP has created this world of New Eden to be quite savage by design! Eve has made RL news countless times due to scams that (if we are honest with ourselves) are things we see every day in RL:
- Insurance scams
- over priced knock-off products
- fine print scams (e.g.: strategic placement/omission of a decimal in buy/sell order)
- corporate espionage
- sabotage

These are all things we hear in the daily news and forget about by the time we go to sleep at night. Add to that the level of anonymity and social detachment that comes with being a totally online based universe and what you have is a bunch of people venturing into the realm of cheap thrills at your expense, who would never dream of doing such things in RL (either because of morality/ethics, personal risk/jail time, or public shame). Some of these have caused damage worth thousands of RL money and all totally LEGAL in RL!!!!! drat cool (or at the very least, undeniably intriguing)!

Here's my take on last night: Our initial reaction was understandably one based on instinct and emotion which was completely and maniacally orchestrated by the culprits. Comparable to how your buddy jumping out at you as you leave your house one night, might result in your fist to his jaw. But how we react after that is completely up to us. Personally, you might say I enjoy pulling the occasional prank myself (ask J-ael, my brother who had the unfortunate combination of: a) being my brother, b) being a sniper which requires moments of being stationary, c) randomly being in the same pub match as an alt character I was experimenting with, d) immediately following my discovery of the friendly-fire kamikaze grenadier exploit) As somewhat of a part time prankster, my secondary reaction to last night was one of: OMG THAT WAS AWESOME!

Take-Away:
GoonFeet feels for us enough that they took the time to sabotage our match. Should be noted that they have no more districts... possibly because their clones took a hit from our attack? Maybe we pissed them off. We should be flattered that they hate us even though they beat us!

Bonus Take-Away:
Kroniq stayed in match and solo'd their asses: he got 10 kills to his 3 deaths... that's embarrassing! The way I see it, since their sabotage was retaliatory, and Kroniq then took them to town, we are one up on them!

I realize it sucks that so many of us scheduled this PC into our day, and that some of us put time and effort into thinking up strategies and roster and mostly that as a Corp we lost 80 mil. I can't speak to the first two points but I will say that as to the 80 mil, I personally will gladly keep donating all excess ISK after dropsuit costs to make up for this prank. So worth it.

quote:

Brett Foster BCC  I agree it's intriguing....but still a pretty hardy nut slap. Lol. I think it's time for us to get revenge. Muhahaha. I am very vindictive (had to be growing up with 2 sisters). I have what it takes to befriend players, and then unbeknownst to them stab them in the back (be glad I'm o n your side...or am I?) lol.

Other points to consider:

-3dge of D4rkness is a part of Soulwing Alliance
-Soulwing Alliance just got their alliance wallet robbed by a disgruntled director
-N3 Coalition nullified their renters contract and kicked Soulwing out of the Coalition because they couldn't pay the rent bill
-We awoxed 3dge of D4rkness and their morale took yet another hit :parrot:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Moronic Farce posted:

Some of our guys infiltrated another corp's PC match and threw the game. The victim corp is trying to think of a reason why we would do such a thing but aside from it being fun there isn't one.

A quote from Sammus from the awox: "Because it is funny." All the reason we need to ruin their night.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013
3dge of D4rkness after our awox: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/corp/3dge_of_D4rkness/stats

Notice that huge dip in membership. They purged their entire corp and told everyone to re-apply. If they pass a security check, they will be let in. Too bad most of their line members got pissed off in a rage over being kicked in the first place.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

Of course, do we do anything else? Besides scam people I mean.

What is your scam amount up to these days?

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

The controls feel a little better, but they're about to get a complete overhaul in 1.4, which is going to gently caress everything up, all over again.

CCP's gift to mankind: Yep, still can't aim worth poo poo. :psyboom:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Pirate of Penzance posted:

Well, I'm now getting in a touch with some of the tourney teams to see if we can make an arrangement for selling at least one of the planet names for the tourney. This could end up being quite hilarious.

As long as they don't name anything "Planet Fight Club" I am good. Hopefully we can bring back the "GI Joe Surprise Sex Memorial" gag.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Sammus posted:

It was magical.

Grossly understated. :allears:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

C'mon guys, that's all part of theorycrafting.

I prefer militia suit then point and shoot. :effort: Yeah, I am a cheap rear end.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Moronic Farce posted:

GOONFEET SUCK MAN MEAT... THATS WHY THEY BOOST.... MOST OF THEM WERE MOLESTED AS CHILDREN ... SO THIS IS THEIR WAY OF GETTING BACK AT THERE RAPISTS. I WILL LAUGH WHEN THE ENTIRE CORP IS DISMANTLD... TILL THEN .. ILL LEAVE EVER BATTLE THEY ARE IN... PERIOD..
HAVE FUN SUCKING MAN MEAT GOONFEET

Manufacturing serial killers since 2013! That and being rot, or cancer. Adding molested as children. I wonder what they will think of next? :allears:

Fuzzyjello fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Aug 11, 2013

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

I didn't think pubbies would write recruitment speeches for us.

They already have. :parrot:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

With all the hub bub of the Dust community vs. EoN. I think the clone pack change is a necessary one. 100 clones was just another problem that CCP recently fixed. The 120 clone count will make it easier for more corps to participate in Planetary Conquest. CCP got their math wrong when they first calculated the average clones used.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Pubbies getting under CCP's skin?! I particularly liked his "When we want you to? Now go back to killing clones please" comment in that thread.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Vadun posted:

Calling in an Orbital Bombardment to gently caress one dude in particular is always hilarious

I did this to that ChicagoCubs guy in his proto heavy suit. It was a good laugh.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Exioce posted:

Seems like pubbies have yet to discover the amazing technology that is the rubber band.

Or a small child. I often let my son play with free suits while I am "afk."

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Mercury_Storm posted:

DUST 514: Accumulate Passive SP, Play Other Games and Wait For Miracle Patch

Works well w/ GTA V.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

sleeptalker posted:

Way back, there were plans for a mode something like Gears of War's Horde Mode, Resident Evil's Mercenaries, etc. that pitted players against robot drones or something. Of course, it went the way of nearly everything else that wasn't "generic FPS with MMO character progression."

No one has mentioned using something like DARK sims from Perfect Dark? Wouldn't it be cool if NPC corps brought things for us to shoot? Or even worse, a mining suit... :psyboom:

If PVE was coming to Dust, something similar to what was previously mentioned about Warframe would likely be a good start since its a proven model.

Fuzzyjello fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Sep 23, 2013

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Soarer posted:

Yeah they gutted most of the important stuff for all the vehicle changes they were working on and put it off until 1.6.

Translation: When CCP Nullarbor saw the steaming pile Shanghai sent him he axed it until he could re-write it.

Thank God for that man. Eventually, they might :commissar: CCP Shanghai anyway.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Shoren posted:

I have never heard anyone refer to BPOs as blueprints and as such that CCP update confused the hell out of me. Well that'll make things interesting once they allow us to sell to other players.

I have a lot of extra "blueprints" lying around that I want to give to new players. Let's see what happens.

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Present posted:

CCP Logibro let slip that the vehicle patch isn't going to be included in 1.6. No new weapons in 1.6 either.

Wow really? The community forums are likely on fire for this failure. :negative:

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

IronSaber posted:

dissolve CCP Shanghai

If CCP is interested in taking advice then what is quoted above would be the best move. I sincerely hope their devs read this thread. CCP needs to do some vision casting with some crucial details in order to keep hope within the playerbase. CCP Seagull loves to talk about building stargates and poo poo but we have not been provided with anything tangible regarding the Dust/EVE link or new features that would keep players playing.

Hell, don't tell anyone their plans for the Dust/EVE link, but create a community narrative in the Dust and EVE forums about what players would like to see so at least CCP is open to having that discussion with players directly. We already know EVE players are galvanized enough against the Dust/EVE link and we know some Dust players wouldn't exactly be aware of how their requests might negatively impact New Eden.

Lobby shooter with a planetary conquest that acts like a regurgitated theme park is what the dust community consistently rejects. Even though Blizzard is just that for WoW, at least Blizzard provides a clear future vision for WoW (accurate and up to date patch notes).

Fuzzyjello fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 2, 2013

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

I have found the new best thing ever. Thank you, Breakin', for showing me the plasmando suit. It's cheap, it's effective, and most importantly, it's hilarious.

What fittings do you use primarily?

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013
You guys see the new dust charts site?

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=114115&p=1

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Blazing Zero posted:

In 1.5 news, there's a minor glitch

One of the many. Here's to an excuse to tell CCP to :fuckoff: and start utilizing some semblance of quality control. Hopefully this new director will be able to wrangle their Chinese office, or better yet send them to the gallows and move the studio to Iceland or Atlanta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzyjello
Jan 28, 2013

Uba Stij posted:

You wanna settle this outside in the DUST bro? Let's go.

Don't be this guy. :shobon:

Also: https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=116188&find=unread

Yep, we are getting team killing back! Sammus, we must continue our slaughter of the pubbie youth.

• Locked thread