Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I really hope that these game can keep up its ~amazingly subtle~ naming sense. Everyone and their dog is named after some mythological figure or other nowadays, so giving someone a good honest name like 'Shinkicker' can be a nice change of pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Effectronica posted:

The famous black ninja costume is a theatrical innovation, and I believe that the other standard one (as seen on display here) may also be a theatrical innovation, with the fishnets meant to suggest the concealed chain armor under everyday clothes that historical ninja probably wore.

If I remember correctly, the ninja outfit everyone knows about was a 'theatrical innovation' also in the sense that it was the garb of stagehands at the time, and since the roles of a ninja involved being as unobtrusive as possible, the outfit of the stagehand became the outfit of the ninja in theater as a bit of meta-humor. Much more likely, the wear of a historical ninja would be that of an unobtrusive position, such as a gardener (a job which also had the perk of having a reason to carry sharp objects around a secure area).

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Seeing recycled assets in different game can be a bit jarring. When I saw the fountains in the town, I thought we had crossed over into Elona for a sec, but I don't think that RW will reach that level of crazy at the pace it's going :(

Oh, and Cleric Friend and Quiet Elf. Burnfist is not subtle.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I don't know whether or not our team members are the heroes the world needs, but there must be some seriously negative global karma if they're the heroes that the world deserves.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I'll vote for Orubia as well, for variety's sake.

• Locked thread