Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Doolin, Ireland - a place steeped in legend. It's said that in Doolin, there is a portal that allows living people to cross into the Land of the Dead and speak to the souls of departed loved ones. In modern times, few still believe this legend. Into this village come two people who have never met, but whose destinies are about to be intertwined...

Folklore is one of the first PS3 games I ever played, and was in fact the reason I bought the system. That isn't to say it's a great game, but the ideas are solid and the story is pretty compelling. The gameplay alternates between investigating Doolin by day, talking to the townsfolk and advancing the story, and action combat in the Netherworld by night, where you capture the souls of your enemies and turn their powers on other enemies. It's a very slow-paced game as a result, especially since Ellen and Keats each have their own perspective on events, and you have to play through both to get the whole story. After each chapter, you get to choose whether to continue that character's story or switch to the other character and pick up where you left off. Want to play through the entire story as Keats first, then go back and play as Ellen? You can do that! Want to play each chapter as both characters before continuing? You can do that too! In this LP, I'll put it up to a vote after each chapter until one character finishes chapter 5, at which point we're forced to let the other character catch up. Until then, here's how I intend to conduct the LP for each chapter:

Voting: I'll give everyone a few days to watch the last video of the preceding chapter and vote for the next character, unless one character gains a commanding lead early on. Vote by placing the character's name in bold somewhere in your post - providing a reason for your vote is optional, but may help other people agree with you. I expect voting to be open for three days unless something unusual is going on, like a holiday or video host outage. When voting begins or ends, I'll update the OP and the thread to indicate so - please try not to vote when voting is closed.

Investigation: The first video or two in each chapter will be the character exploring Doolin and talking to people. There will be minimal commentary for these videos as the game speaks for itself.

Combat: Once the portal to the Netherworld is open, the next several videos will focus on the combat areas, where Ellen and Keats will collect the souls of Folks and use them to fight other Folks. I may try to cover these videos in solo commentary early on, but I'll probably bring in guests, particularly the second time through each chapter.

Quests/Grinding: In each chapter, quests will be available, which offer new Folks or rare items as rewards. I'll complete as many of these quests as I can, and likely provide video of a bit of grinding for Karmas in early chapters - it's likely to become cumbersome in later chapters as more Karmas are available for more Folks, so I'll only include the grinding portions if there's demand and guest interest. I have at least one guest available to provide some insight into the actual legends on which the game is based. These videos will likely be optional to the overall game experience.

Folklore: Each chapter ends with a boss, known as a Folklore. Defeating the Folklore will provide important clues, and a goal for the next chapter. After this video is posted, the voting will begin for the next chapter.

Please don't spoil the plot of the game if you're familiar with it, since I've forgotten enough that I'll be discovering everything along with the rest of you. Spoiler tags are okay if you want to ask about things you think I might miss, but my plan is to capture every Folk available in the game and collect all of the unique items, even if I have to look up how to do it. Discussing future events (or past events yet to be revealed) will make me very sad.

Videos:

Ellen - Prologue
Investigation: Youtube
Combat: Youtube

Keats - Prologue
Combat: Youtube

Keats - Chapter 1 Mirage
Combat: First Half Youtube Second Half Youtube
Quests: Youtube
Grinding: Youtube featuring Red Rover
Folklore: Youtube
Bestiary

Ellen - Chapter 1 Familial Warmth
Bestiary

Ellen - Chapter 2 Only one Wish
Bestiary

Keats - Chapter 2 Lamplight
Grinding: Youtube featuring Hippo Swarm
Bestiary

Keats - Chapter 3 Oblivion
Quests: First Half Youtube Second Half Youtube
Bestiary

Ellen - Chapter 3 Youth
Bestiary

Keats - Chapter 4 Labyrinth
Grinding: Youtube featuring Sweet and Awful
Bestiary

Ellen - Chapter 4 Darkness
Grinding: Youtube featuring Zain Youtube featuring JamieTheD
Bestiary

Ellen - Chapter 5 Guilt
Quests: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube
Grinding: Youtube featuring Major_JF
Bestiary

Keats - Chapter 5 Judgment
Quests: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube
Grinding: Youtube featuring JamieTheD
Folklore Youtube
Bestiary

Chapter 6 Memory
Youtube

Chapter 7 Fear
Keats Combat First Half: Youtube
Ellen Combat First Half: Youtube
Ellen Combat Second Half: Youtube
Keats Combat Second Half: Youtube
Keats Quests, Daytime: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube
Ellen Quests, Daytime: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube Fourth Part Youtube
Ellen Quests, Nighttime: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube Fourth Part Youtube
Keats Quests, Nighttime: First Part Youtube Second Part Youtube Third Part Youtube Fourth Part Youtube Fifth Part Youtube
Keats Grinding: Youtube featuring Abitha Denton :nws:
Ellen Grinding: Youtube featuring JamieTheD
Finale: Youtube
Ellen Bestiary
Keats Bestiary

Miscellaneous Bestiaries
Ellen
Keats

Dungeon Trial Folk Grinding: Youtube featuring JamieTheD
Dungeon Trial mode: Youtube
Quests revisited: Youtube
Final bonus video: Youtube

Nidoking fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Character List:

Humans:

"Mother... I was so very lonely."

Ellen grew up listening to the tales of Doolin and the Netherworld read to her by her mother, who died when Ellen was very young. Now in college, she has received a letter that tells her that her mother is still alive and waiting for her in Doolin. With the power of the Cloak of Sidhe, she can enter the realms of the Netherworld and communicate with the recently deceased.

"A murder in the village of the dead? Tell me this is a joke..."

Keats is a reporter for Unknown Realms magazine who doesn't believe in its subject matter himself. He receives a desperate phone call from a woman who says she's about to be killed, summoning him to Doolin. His power of Transcension allows him to fight in the Netherworld as Ellen's Guardian.

"The only mother I knew was a monster."

Suzette is the first person Ellen and Keats meet - the first living person, anyway. She doesn't seem to be very fond of her family, but she remains curious about what happened to them in the past.

"I was unable to settle that score from 17 years ago."

Regine was Suzette's mother, who was already dead when Ellen and Keats arrived in Doolin. She left the village while still pregnant with Suzette, after her husband and son had died.

"I cannot die... Suzette has yet to be born."

Renaldo was Suzette's father. Shortly after his son Herve's death, he fell from the Cliff of Sidhe.

"17 years ago, I made a terrible mistake..."

Ryan was the lighthouse keeper in Doolin. He was murdered 17 years ago.

"My obsession with myth ruined his life."

Harriet still lives in Doolin, mourning Ryan's death. She is reluctant to speak about what she knows of the events 17 years ago.

Halflives:

"Lucky for me... I'm already half... DEAD..."

Scarecrow is Ellen's guide to the Netherworld. His glee is endless, whether he's introducing Ellen to something wonderful or being attacked.

"Even Invisible Men need to express themselves."

Belgae is an Invisible Man who guides Keats to the Netherworld. He seems to be working at cross purposes to Scarecrow, warning that Ellen will bring disaster to the Netherworld.

"Do you seek the truth?"

Livane is Belgae's master. She seeks to defeat the Faery Lord, which she believes is the way to save the Netherworld.

"Did you come to hear me play?"

Charlie Rawhead is said to be the greatest musician who ever half-lived. All the other Halflives are happy to put their affairs on hold to hear him play his saxophone.

Faerys:

"Humans are weak. They purge memories of pain and suffering. But, where do you think such memories end up?"

The Faery Lord rules over the Faery Realm and supports Ellen all he can in her quest to discover her lost past. He seems to be using Ellen as a means to establish control over other Realms.

"The Netherworld is vast and dangerous, but we Faerys will advise you."

Bogle is the commander of the Faery army, and the establishment of the Faery Lord's presence in other Realms.

Nidoking fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 3, 2013

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
This game has some of the best artistic design this gen. Just a magical world.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Keats please tell me where I can buy a giant lavender-and-gold trench coat on a tabloid writer's salary.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Wow, this game is fantastically odd and beautiful. Definitely following this.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
My only complaint so far is that Scarecrow is not nearly happy enough in his profile picture. Also is it possible to see exactly what's on his buttons? Is it just gibberish?

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
I rented this once but never got around to finishing it. To this day it's the only game I know of that actually uses the Sixaxis in an intelligent way.

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!
Looks like Scarecrow's wearing a Union Jack under his vest - I'm a bit surprised that he'd be a Loyalist!

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

Are you gonna talk about Irish/Celtic/Gaelic etc. folklore/myths/etc.? Let me start by contributing some stuff I found just while browsing the internet:

"Sidhe" is supposed to be pronounced "she" I think. It's a part of where we get the word "banshee", which probably be spelt "bean sidhe". If I remember right, "bean" would just refer to a woman, and "sidhe" would mean a number of things, like a faerie or spirit or what have you.

Then again, just take this with a grain of salt. This is just stuff I found by looking at Google for about a minuet and a half.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
Samhain is also a festival celebrating the end of the harvest season and the beginning of the "dark" side of the year (winter). However, the game is a little inaccurate about the date -- it occurs on Halloween and lasts only through the first of November.

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:
At first I thought Keats was Otacon.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Vifs posted:

At first I thought Keats was Otacon.

Same here. I'll be hearing Keats in my mind as Christopher Randolph.

"Ellen! Try heading to the beach! Use the control stick to navigate your way there!"

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I can certainly see how this sold a PS3. Only two videos in but I'll stick around. :magical:

I decided to look up the developers - Game Republic - and found that beyond this they've got a strange library. Among other things"
  • Several Dragon Ball games.
  • The Genji games, from which we have the Giant Enemy Crab meme.
  • Various other games which might be deemed Odd Fantasy like this one.
  • Shadow Hearts, the Mafia-esque board game. (This was their first product, strangely.)

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

I'm really glad to see this LP! I actually started the game for the first time last year but sort of crapped out after a few days of playing. This was likely due in no small part to my OCD "Gotta Catch 'Em All" mentality beginning to interfere with enjoying the game.
This game definitely gives the SMT series some competition in the realm of "Pokemon for adults". I absolutely love the atmosphere and monster designs of this game, as well as the combat and, yes, the controls. You may inspire me to give it another try and play along :)

Teketeketeketeke fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 13, 2013

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Thunderfinger posted:

Are you gonna talk about Irish/Celtic/Gaelic etc. folklore/myths/etc.? Let me start by contributing some stuff I found just while browsing the internet:

Like I said in the OP, I've got a guest lined up who knows some of the legends, and if anyone else would like to volunteer some knowledge (preferably not gleaned from Internet research), I finally have a thread where I can ask about it without being wildly off-topic. I don't expect this to be a particularly educational LP, but I hope we can all learn something.

SimianNinja posted:

I'm really glad to see this LP! I actually started the game for the first time last year but sort of crapped out after a few days of playing. This was likely due in no small part to my OCD "Gotta Catch 'Em All" mentality beginning to interfere with enjoying the game.

I actually stopped playing when I died to the second iteration of the chapter 5 boss, and I can't remember why. I picked up where I'd left off when I wanted to do this LP and figured I should finish the game before doing that, and I had to look up where to find a few missing Folks online (as well as how to capture one, although I found a method that worked but was very difficult to pull off). That's why I remember almost nothing about the game except how to play it and the major endgame reveals, so I'm probably going to be just as mystified at the twists and turns of the plot as everyone else. Which reminds me that I forgot the usual spoiler warning in the OP. Better fix that.

Vyxzuw
Oct 16, 2012

Please stop shitposting in the Let's Play Dangan Ronpa thread!

Nidoking posted:

I actually stopped playing when I died to the second iteration of the chapter 5 boss, and I can't remember why. I picked up where I'd left off when I wanted to do this LP and figured I should finish the game before doing that, and I had to look up where to find a few missing Folks online (as well as how to capture one, although I found a method that worked but was very difficult to pull off). That's why I remember almost nothing about the game except how to play it and the major endgame reveals, so I'm probably going to be just as mystified at the twists and turns of the plot as everyone else. Which reminds me that I forgot the usual spoiler warning in the OP. Better fix that.

I don't even remember how far I got into this game. I'll probably start playing it again.

But I think you'd mystified at the twists and turns of the plot even if you knew what was going to happen. I mean, the things they do don't always make sense.
Like why Ellen dives into the water to swim and somehow makes it to shore?
How did Keats get there if noone is willing to go there? Did Ellen just have a terrible travel agent?
How did Keats know that the lady was dead and not just having a heart attack?

The world may never know.

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
I saw a bit of this game way back when, but I couldn't afford a PS3 at the time. I'm looking forward to finally seeing this through.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I picked this game up back when CompUSA was going out of business. Got it for cheap that way. If I recall, they didn't even bother to take it out of the security packaging. Or that was a different game that I got at the same location at another time.

What kind of pissed me off is that their reasoning for locking off the UK free contest winner dlc was something like 'no one wanted it'/"It's not translated". It shouldn't be that hard to translate English to English. I mean, I kind of understand not doing the other, Japanese one but bleh.

If I had to hazard a guess, it's entirely Sony's fault.

It's a shame that this never got a sequel. Or at least a game that's a spiritual sequel. It's oozing charm and ideas.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Heck, I wish they'd just bothered to publish all of the DLC in any region. That's something I might be asking for help with, if anyone's got this game and the DLC in the UK or Japan. I don't know exactly which quests or costumes are exclusive to which regions, but I believe that they all exist, and while a few of them are available everywhere, some of them are only available in certain regions, and there's no way to transfer them using the usual Steam-style gifting trickery. I've got all of the American DLC, and I'll do it at the appropriate times, but some of it is simply impossible for me to do.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
I thought the only region exclusive stuff was the specific contest where it was you submitted a monster/folklore design, and if it won it would become free dlc. What else was there?

From what I recall people tried seeing if grabbing the folk dlc with an appropriate account let you use it on other accounts, as at least some of the games/dlc on the PS3 worked that way. But pretty much the only region locked dlc is unique folks. Some of which are pretty interesting/nice looking. I think at the time the guess was that it literally was not compatible between the different versions due to specific region coding differences. Not sure if the information for the folklore are on the discs at all though.

No region locked quest/costumes, thankfully.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Nidoking posted:

Like I said in the OP, I've got a guest lined up who knows some of the legends, and if anyone else would like to volunteer some knowledge (preferably not gleaned from Internet research), I finally have a thread where I can ask about it without being wildly off-topic. I don't expect this to be a particularly educational LP, but I hope we can all learn something.

I am looking forward to this. I love mythology and pre-Christian Irish and Celtic mythology is something I've not been exposed to very much. At the same point, I hope this doesn't mean the game isn't simply going to Denis Dyack's free idea bucket.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I remember I was very, very intrigued by this game when it was announced and hyped, especially because the two-perspective approach reminded me very much of a cooperative writing project I did with a girl in school, where we each wrote a different character going into a mysterious world, one in pursuit of the other (like Keats does after Ellen here) and each experiencing a different side of the supernatural. Then I got the demo and it just didn't feel right, and I never took the risk on the actual game. I'm definitely interested in seeing this LP.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I like this game because of its setting, atmosphere and story. It's unfortunate that the actual gameplay is fickle beast, and the combat can get tiresome after a while.
I should pick this game up again. I remember liking it when I rented it.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

I like this game because of its setting, atmosphere and story. It's unfortunate that the actual gameplay is fickle beast, and the combat can get tiresome after a while.
I should pick this game up again. I remember liking it when I rented it.

One thing that I intend to do for the LP where I didn't in the real game is to use more of a variety of Folks when possible. Pouke and Killmoulis were in my attack slots for almost the entire game, for both characters. (Keats gets some good replacements for Pouke in later chapters, but Ellen doesn't, and Killmoulis is definitely among the two best shields for most situations, with the second not turning up until pretty far into the game.) I'd supplement those with a Destroy element Folk on the Triangle button (almost always Bargest, another first chapter favorite) and whatever element I most needed at the time on Circle. I expect that changing things up will make the fighting a bit more interesting for me, and hopefully a lot more interesting for you guys.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nidoking posted:

One thing that I intend to do for the LP where I didn't in the real game is to use more of a variety of Folks when possible. Pouke and Killmoulis were in my attack slots for almost the entire game, for both characters. (Keats gets some good replacements for Pouke in later chapters, but Ellen doesn't, and Killmoulis is definitely among the two best shields for most situations, with the second not turning up until pretty far into the game.) I'd supplement those with a Destroy element Folk on the Triangle button (almost always Bargest, another first chapter favorite) and whatever element I most needed at the time on Circle. I expect that changing things up will make the fighting a bit more interesting for me, and hopefully a lot more interesting for you guys.

Wow.

I'm actually kind of impressed you did that. Memory serves the game encourages you to use new folks every new area because the folks there all have weaknesses to each other. They are also generally more powerful than the ones in the previous areas.
They also begin consuming MT like a motherfucker. I haven't played this in a while, but I remember that Ellen and Keats had different rates of MT regeneration. While Ellen is great early on, Keats quickly becomes much, much better.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
This is a pretty charming game. The art style is fantastic even for the less colorful worlds, and I did enjoy the multiple folk attacks. My biggest complaint is that this game can get a little grindy.

I should play through this game again.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Played this to completion and loved every second of it. So glad that people who haven't played it get to see it, now. Seriously, this game is beautiful, and the art style is amazing. It really feels like you're traveling through folklore.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh man, this game. I love it so goddamn much, it was one of the first games I picked up for the system. It has beautiful art direction, and sometimes I would put the controller down and just listen to the music.

Will be watching intently.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 14, 2013

Mondlicht
Oct 13, 2011

if history could set you free
I've actually never heard of this game! It looks really pretty, I'm excited to see where it goes.

Where can I get a real life subscription to Unknown Realms? I'd read that magazine.

sulphagne
Mar 30, 2011

The Council, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
I love the art direction for this game, and I thought the plot and characters were fairly intriguing, but I got burned out on the gameplay about halfway through it. Looking forward to seeing the rest of it finally!

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

SSNeoman posted:

I'm actually kind of impressed you did that. Memory serves the game encourages you to use new folks every new area because the folks there all have weaknesses to each other. They are also generally more powerful than the ones in the previous areas.
They also begin consuming MT like a motherfucker. I haven't played this in a while, but I remember that Ellen and Keats had different rates of MT regeneration. While Ellen is great early on, Keats quickly becomes much, much better.

These two points sort of balance each other, in my mind. Basically, you can throw Pouke at enemies all day and never run out of MC, plus it has a quick, predictable attack and, once you've unlocked the first two Karmas, you can chain it more or less infinitely. The weaknesses are entirely based on element, so if I was up against, say, Folks weak to Wind, I'd stick a Wind Folk on my Circle button and use that when Pouke failed to cut the mustard. There were some Folks whose patterns just weren't generally useful (Warthog, I think, was a particularly difficult one to get any use out of), some with such slow attacks that they were useless, and some that consumed so much MC that it wasn't worth summoning them most of the time. I'm sure they all have their uses, but there are so many OF them that it's difficult to build them all up, switch to appropriate ones every time, and quickly decide which Folks to equip in unfamiliar situations. It's like a Mega Man game with a hundred robot masters and weapons. Yes, it eventually takes a lot of attacks with weaker Folks to bring down big enemies, but I can last that long. Tossing Hawk at something is more likely to miss, and I have to wait until it disappears to try again. (As Ellen, anyway - Hawk is great with Keats.) Shield-wise, Killmoulis takes little enough MC once built up that it never fails to deploy, and the only weakness is that it dies after one hit. The other shields have weaknesses that I generally found even less useful, although I'll try to find uses for them during the LP. I used Spriggan plenty once I got it, but it eats through MC like candy dots. I had favored Folk for almost every other element, and while I switched up if a certain attack pattern didn't suit an enemy (like ranged vs. melee attacks) or occasionally stacked multiple Folks of the same element to quickly bring down a foe (this is before I figured out Candela's true weakness and only knew about its minor vulnerability to Wind - try taking one of those down with Wind sometime and see how well YOU do!), my standbys were familiar to me and worked well enough. I think every Folk in the game is balanced enough to be useful most of the way through.

Time will tell which of us has the better strategy, I think. Aside from voting for characters and the rare other choices that have any effect on the game's presentation, I'm always open to suggestions if people think I'm using certain Folks too much and they want to see other ones.

Sosogomi
Jun 1, 2011
Please tell me that Keats can do a magical girl style transformation too. I will be be sad if it isn't so.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Sosogomi posted:

Please tell me that Keats can do a magical girl style transformation too. I will be be sad if it isn't so.

Looking at his outfit, I think he already has.

Geburan
Nov 4, 2010
This looks really good. I really want to pick it up now, but it seems copies are hard to come by.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I almost don't believe that this came from Japan, Ellen has far too sensible an outfit. Im amused by how nice the usually very nasty faerie creatures Ellen is chumming around with are. I always thought Bean-sidhe tended to like to murder the crap out of humans, but if they want to be lolitas thats okay I guess. Oh and the rat guy with the top hat is supposed to be a Redcap, they tend to like murdering you and dying their caps with your blood.

Scarecrow is pretty drat awesome though.

EDIT: Oh goddamnit Japan, I just saw the magical clothing outfit. There is no reason for the belly window, holy poo poo.

Dreadwroth fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 14, 2013

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

Sosogomi posted:

I'm planning to get the next video uploaded and linked tonight, and you can see for yourself what kind of transformation Keats undergoes. I don't expect anyone to be disappointed.

Geburan posted:

This looks really good. I really want to pick it up now, but it seems copies are hard to come by.

I still see new copies in most of the American stores I visit - I don't know whether it was a budget re-release or whether they're still the original run that people still expect to be able to sell, but there were plenty of copies available the last time I checked.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Amazon still has some, but they're from a third-party seller, and therefore more expensive than it should be.

http://www.amazon.com/Folklore-Playstation-3/dp/B000UW1YBW

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Dreadwroth posted:

I always thought Bean-sidhe tended to like to murder the crap out of humans

In modern fantasy games yes, but in actual mythology they just heralded the death of a mortal, they didn't cause it. Prediction rather than cause.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Interested to see this. I played a bit back at PS3 release, but after a certain point either a better game turned up or the fights became a slog because of required tactics to kill enemies. I forget which. Also I had to use a housemates console to play it, which limited stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Zurai posted:

In modern fantasy games yes, but in actual mythology they just heralded the death of a mortal, they didn't cause it. Prediction rather than cause.
They also provided ways to get out of said prediction, although in true fairy lore fashion those never panned out.

I got the demo for this when I first got my PS3 and evidently failed to give the game the love it deserves. Be interesting to see what all I missed.

• Locked thread