Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012
You guys are too obsessed with the newly introduced character, forgetting the important part Ace Attorney no Soma :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
New Chapter! I just remembered that the first dish Soma made at Tootsuki was Beef Bourguignon; nice to see its iterations keep popping up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Oh wow, for a while now I've forgotten they were actually students.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Furious Lobster posted:

New Chapter! I just remembered that the first dish Soma made at Tootsuki was Beef Bourguignon; nice to see its iterations keep popping up.

And a new member gets added to the harem. :gay:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
New chapter.

"Surprise" appearance of a particular recurring character there.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Aug 24, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Erina is finally a main character again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Awww, she misses her friend.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Gotta love how Alice is still bro enough to just casually let Soma enter despite her defeat.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

That butt

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Compendium posted:

Gotta love how Alice is still bro enough to just casually let Soma enter despite her defeat.

Bro, or just wanting to mess with her cousin some more?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

vibratingsheep posted:

Bro, or just wanting to mess with her cousin some more?

Both, obviously.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I think I'm more okay with Erina showing up again if she's gonna be this much of a dork instead of literally always a rich tsundere.

Holding hands only a few months after they've met!?

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain
The most important question raised in this chapter: who is the person in the dorm who owns all the volumes of the shoujo manga? This is truly a mystery. I hope the answer is Isshiki.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Thirty-Five Minutes posted:

The most important question raised in this chapter: who is the person in the dorm who owns all the volumes of the shoujo manga? This is truly a mystery. I hope the answer is Isshiki.

That would be the funniest, since she could get them from him during a council meeting.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Chapter 84 is out and goddamn I am way too excited for this. Let's loving cook! :hellyeah:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Are you not entertainedhungry?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
The color spread, upper right corner: *This is a cooking manga :laffo:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Souma's secret weapon: bushmeat!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Paracelsus posted:

Opossum and Armadillo are the true secret to American cooking.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Paracelsus posted:

Beef stew so good that it kills you.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
http://www.mangachapter.net/15464/shokugeki-no-soma/85.html

Looks like it's gonna be a tough cooking battle. loving Mimisaka man.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Compendium posted:

http://www.mangachapter.net/15464/shokugeki-no-soma/85.html

Looks like it's gonna be a tough cooking battle. loving Mimisaka man.

My guess is that Soma structured the dish in a way that you can't simply "add" things to it to make it better. It would be interesting if he overdid the dish on purpose so that the only way to make it better was taking it a step back, rather than a step further.

Or if he had submitted the peanut butter squid.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

If Mimisaka is going to copy Soma then Soma just has to copy someone better than himself. Comic logic.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I can see it now.

"You copied me... but I'm copying all of my rivals!"

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

BlitzBlast posted:

I can see it now.

"You copied me... but I'm copying all of my rivals!"

This better turn out like that one time Buso Renkin parodied the whole "I teleported right behind you" joke except with cooking techniques.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I'd like for it to finish the way I said, but its probably going to be "I put more of my hot-bloodedness in my dish."

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm still getting cracked up when people are acting shocked by the most basic things.

"And now he's... oh god... he's finely cutting the vegetables. :aaa:"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I'm still getting cracked up when people are acting shocked by the most basic things.

"And now he's... oh god... he's finely cutting the vegetables. :aaa:"

Even worse, he is finely cutting a very common mixture of vegetables in order to use them in a conventional way. I'm waiting for someone to go apeshit over the idea that someone added salt to a dish.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
The most shocking thing about this chapter is that it's recognizably a cooking manga on every page.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Like, by what definition is Beef Stew a "Western Dish"? They talking Europe or America when they say that in Japan?

Serious Frolicking posted:

Even worse, he is finely cutting a very common mixture of vegetables in order to use them in a conventional way. I'm waiting for someone to go apeshit over the idea that someone added salt to a dish.
I hope no one shows up and demonstrates some real Cajun cuisine because it might literally kill the characters tasting it.

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Sep 11, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's just western in general, like how people think of rice or sushi as "Asian".

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Fabricated posted:

Like, by what definition is Beef Stew a "Western Dish"? They talking Europe or America when they say that in Japan?

Yes, they mean Europe/America.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Relevant to this chapter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQq2Nqzc4U

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 11, 2014

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Crap, I'm gonna be stuck watching a ton of these for a while. :argh:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The most common use for oxtails is making stews and soups, too. Its not like they did something unpredictable.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I still find it kind of funny that a guy who learned french cuisine at a japanese vocational high school became a huge success in paris. Likewise, the sons of an italian restaurant in italy got sent to a japanese vocational high school to prepare them to take over the family business. All of the foreign food made in this manga is decidedly japanese-style and made to please japanese judges, but there is never any recognition of this fact.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

I still find it kind of funny that a guy who learned french cuisine at a japanese vocational high school became a huge success in paris. Likewise, the sons of an italian restaurant in italy got sent to a japanese vocational high school to prepare them to take over the family business. All of the foreign food made in this manga is decidedly japanese-style and made to please japanese judges, but there is never any recognition of this fact.

Eh. I kind of feel like Iron Chef America did the same thing. That just happens with food competitions.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Souma explicitly stated he used miso in his stew to make it "more to the taste of Japanese people."

You're forgetting this is a hot-blooded shounen high school in a hot-blooded shounen world where cooking, loving and fighting are all kind of the same thing.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I was confused by them thinking that beef stew is more suited to fine dining than blue plate special diner fare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Yeah, it's western cuisine as seen by Japan, not actual western cuisine. Because there be all kinds of stew over here.