Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

I think it's like that but he thinks Jouichiro wasted his talents on being a family man.

Azami strikes me as the sort of loon who'd think that and think it a failing of the education system.

Jouichiro was probably bounced out of the school/establishment for being too daring/experimental and refusing to compromise and "play the game" until he got his official recognition. Still not sure what Azami's plans are, other then "the cream of the crop is recognized, and everyone works to support them"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Back to the Fanservice Cooking Manga, this chapter had some excellent faces. Also Azami continues to be a little bitch. Naked Apron-senpai took his dismissal like a goddamn champion and politely called him on his bullshit "Well, we used to have rules in place to properly dictate our position within the Elite 10, but seeing that you are, in fact, a mewling tosspot, you probably docked all those rules, have you not?". And yes, in my head, Naked Apron-senpai is unfailingly polite even when insulting someone whenever he's dressed to the nines.

Naked apron senpai is the coolest and ever since Azami was introduced I have been waiting for him to just cut loose and show his stuff. With the remaining members of the 10 out on the hunt i'm hoping he'll finally make a move to stop them. Hell I really want Kuga and 3rd seat to help out too. I really liked Kuga's match with Soma, particularly the ending (with how they both consider it a loss and that the other beat them), and I want to see what 3rd seats deal is. I'm really hoping they get involved soon.

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm like 99% sure Rindou is a double agent.

I'm sensing a heel turn by at least one of them.

I honestly doubt Rindou's a double agent but I don't see her being really all that loyal either. I can't see her actually challenging anyone to a match unless she considers them really interesting and just wants to face them for fun. I also don't see any of Soma's team of friends betraying the cause. Because most of them have been slighted by Azami at this point and none of them seem the type to forgive and forget. Especially, since it's pretty obvious Erina is going to reluctantly betray everyone at some point to go back to dad due to the brainwashing abilities of terrible parenting. Only to then tell him to gently caress off after losing a cooking contest.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I think Rindou put her support in Azami's takeover because it seemed fun and she'll make trouble for people by challenging them to Shokugekis with vague conditions if she wins but when/if she does it'll just be something like 'Can I have the rest of the food you made?' and no one is really gonna suffer having lost to her.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
New chapter up http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/152/3204/1

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Isshiki, you magnificent bastard! I've read your rule.

Also, Souma continues to be an above-average Shounen lead by not giving a gently caress at the right times.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Isshiki Rules.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I'm super into Erina acting like a loving human, at last.

Let's have a really long talk about Takumi's helmet.

EDIT: unspoiled the helmet

Patware fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 1, 2016

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Isshiki's the best. He needs to stop disappearing ever chapter though and get into a drat cooking fight!!

Also, I'm glad it's not just the elite 10 who are part of central's army as it means more of the characters will actually get chances to win because outside of very few I don't see anyone even defeating the lower ranking members of the 10 just yet. It's also cool that we look to be getting to see the remaining elite 10 guys in action soon, I want to see more of sword guy.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

helmets are for dorks

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Davincie posted:

helmets are for dorks

Safety is cool imo. Takumi's helmet though....

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I'm guessing there might be a training arc where Soma and friends get to practice with Totsuki alum. Right now they're saving the research societies, but after that, they need to unseat the elite 10.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

AshB posted:

I'm guessing there might be a training arc where Soma and friends get to practice with Totsuki alum. Right now they're saving the research societies, but after that, they need to unseat the elite 10.

We basically had a training arc not too long ago with Stagiare week though.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Safety is cool imo. Takumi's helmet though....

Maybe it's fashionable among Italian dudes? Beyond his dorky charm when it comes to ze' cooking, Takumi is a fashionable young man who strives to set an example as far as fashion goes.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wark Say posted:

Maybe it's fashionable among Italian dudes? Beyond his dorky charm when it comes to ze' cooking, Takumi is a fashionable young man who strives to set an example as far as fashion goes.

no takumi is a total dork who thinks he's the rival in a shounen manga but he's actually just another side kick.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Elfgames posted:

no takumi is a total dork who thinks he's the rival in a shounen manga but he's actually just another side kick.

He's still a rival but I don't think he and Souma will ever match each other for serious stakes, they're definitely going to go into The Hyperbolic Time Kitchen and have like 200 training shokugekis someday though. Ever since Souma got his knife back he went directly into the modern Vegeta position.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I like how Soma's conversation with Erina was just him saying generic cool guy poo poo ("I know there's some history there, but I'm just too cool to care - I have to do what's RIGHT!"). Dude would sound like he was trying to put on airs to hit on her if you know, he wasn't a shonen protag who doesn't know what girls are. In any case, I'm pretty sure the prediction about her turning into goo around him looks like its gonna happen soon enough.

Patware posted:

He's still a rival but I don't think he and Souma will ever match each other for serious stakes, they're definitely going to go into The Hyperbolic Time Kitchen and have like 200 training shokugekis someday though. Ever since Souma got his knife back he went directly into the modern Vegeta position.

Soma still has the mezzaluna, but I assume he's going to get it back off-panel after a time skip or something.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Feb 1, 2016

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Looks like we'll get to see the skills of the remainder of the Ten and hopefully show off the supporting cast in full matches since they're all in organizations that are under threat

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Wark Say posted:

It looks like a mostly standard vented helmet for road bikes so it's a real(ish) thing.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

As you might imagine, Giro is an Italian company.

You would be wrong. Giro is an American company, and Giro is short for "Giro d'Italia" or, Tour of Italy, a bike race similar to the Tour de France.

edit: :goonsay:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Feb 1, 2016

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I loving love how the Aldini brothers are now pretty much a part of the gang.
Hell last chapter Takumi actually brought salt in order to salt the earth after Azami left. Despite this being a dumb joke from bunhead girl.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
Yowamushi Pedal x Shokugeki crossover when???
Training camp where they have to cook for the cycling team?

Giro is owned by Bell, its very American and they pride themselves on their nicer clothing being American made. I love my Giro shoes.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/153/3214/1

Tite Kubo-tier character designs. I don't really care about seeing arrogant mooks getting in cooking fights, *shrug*

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Yeah these character designs are awful. The big dude is hereby known as Akuma Jr.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/153/3214/1

Tite Kubo-tier character designs. I don't really care about seeing arrogant mooks getting in cooking fights, *shrug*

On the other hand a Takumi and Souma tag team match against mooks will be fun. I'm sure the mooks will also show up if/when they lose helping the Elite Ten as their Sous Chefs.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
the blonde dude looks like a final fantasy mid-boss

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am glad there are mooks to be defeated because otherwise the next opponents would be the Elite 10 members and it's not time for them to lose yet since all the remaining ones are higher ranked than even Isshiki.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Someone in Mangastream really loves to translate something into 'shitters' like they've never seen people swear in english in their life.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, not feeling these D.Grayman mooks as a whole.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

AshB posted:

Yeah these character designs are awful. The big dude is hereby known as Akuma Jr.

Akuma Jr. is the only tolerable design.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The more ridiculous or silly a design is the more I like them so i'm pretty ok with this mid-boss squad.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I dunno who the main dude with the crucifix earrings is--I'm calling him Death Note--but he looks annoying in just good enough of a way that I can't wait to see him lose. Death Note looks like he'd make some Eizan-level faces.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

He looks like discount cooking Hisoka

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Why are there mangastream ads for home mortgage refinancing. Does the average manga reader own a home now?

Sextro fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Feb 6, 2016

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

AshB posted:

I dunno who the main dude with the crucifix earrings is--I'm calling him Death Note--but he looks annoying in just good enough of a way that I can't wait to see him lose. Death Note looks like he'd make some Eizan-level faces.

Tribal tattoo :barf: Yeah these mooks were made for stomping.

LordDethstorm
Aug 19, 2006

Whose side are you on?
I am looking forward to the special guest appearance by EX Subaru to crush these copy cat posers.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I think it would've been an interesting/nice touch if one of the new midbosses lost 3-0, and got drubbed out of the group/Central right away. Reinforce the ruthlessness/uncaring nature of the bad guys, and show that some of the cooks in the elite cooking academy are in fact really good cooks. Also kind of a background reminder that while Central's trying to identify and grab all the good cooks, some of the students have talents or potential that aren't immediately apparent.

I suppose that's a bit like wanting Yamcha to win a fight in DBZ though.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
This really feels like a gigantic setup for a huge Polar Star vs Central arc. Central controls everything and it's going to be up to Polar Star to start taking chunks out of their territory via Shokugeki, with all the students who won't bow to Central rallying under the dorm.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

NowonSA posted:

I think it would've been an interesting/nice touch if one of the new midbosses lost 3-0, and got drubbed out of the group/Central right away. Reinforce the ruthlessness/uncaring nature of the bad guys, and show that some of the cooks in the elite cooking academy are in fact really good cooks. Also kind of a background reminder that while Central's trying to identify and grab all the good cooks, some of the students have talents or potential that aren't immediately apparent.

some of them could have at least gotten one judge like all 3-0 results are boring, mix it up.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NowonSA posted:

That's what's going to happen when all of them lose to Polar Star.

Elfgames posted:

some of them could have at least gotten one judge like all 3-0 results are boring, mix it up.

2-1 results are literally the exact same. The new mooks would walk away from the kitchen looking smug as their defeated foe lies on their knees despairing over their fate, them not getting a complete victory wouldn't make a difference. What would've made it more interesting was if these new guys showed any differences in personality rather than just that they're all assholes. But I guess that's not going to happen until the actual matches because these guys probably aren't too important other than to be stepping stones on the path to facing the Elite 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
New chapter: http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/154/3228/1

Siccing the wild dog onto the mooks, I am okay with this.