Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Saeki Shun, the artist, used to (and maybe still does?) do eromanga under the name Tosh. The guy had a meteoric rise to fame over the past few years, released a couple of books with most of his professional work compiled, disappeared for a while, then Shokugeki no Soma pops up.

This guy can really draw. The cover art for volume 1 has this really juicy-looking chunk of meat there that never fails to make me drool. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Chapter 24 is out.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/173475/shokugeki-no-soma_ch24_by_casanova

EDIT: That Jojo-style pose :mmmhmm:

Damegane fucked around with this message at 17:24 on May 28, 2013

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Chapter 28 is out.

http://www.batoto.net/read/_/178134/shokugeki-no-soma_ch28_by_casanova/1

SHINPACHIIIIIIIII

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Is his idea to cook everything at the last minute while grabbing everyone's attention, so they only look at and eat it while it's fresh?

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Singaporeans represent! :v:

I love curry, but never liked fish head curry much. It just ends up being a thin spicy gravy for the fish head. I'll take potatoes-and-some-kind-of-meat or vegetarian curry over that any day.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Chapter 49

Damegane
May 7, 2013

That pose looks very unsafe.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
I couldn't help but go AWWWWWWWW when grandma lifted the nori. That was really cute, even though Souma's rice face looked as if he had a circle beard.

Damegane
May 7, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

Isshiki seems to spend most of his time pissing around the dorm so I doubt Souma being in the 10 would change all that much.

Isshiki seems to be the type that's really damned good at his job, so much so he gets his work done real quick and gets to spend most of his time loafing around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damegane
May 7, 2013

Begemot posted:

Yeah, she's the true protagonist.

Soma is the genius mentor while Tadokoro is actually going to learn and grow as the series goes along. I was so glad when she was revealed to be actually competent!

I wouldn't say Soma's a mentor character. He's growing as well, just differently. Tadokoro's got the usual progression pattern; learn new things, put them to use. Soma had a ton of knowledge crammed into his head by his dad, disguised as regular cooking advice, but it's all stuff he would never need to use while cooking in their shop, so his progression is remembering those techniques. And since he never learnt the proper names of those techniques, he'll always need someone else or some event to provide a trigger for him to remember.