Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

VonLudwig posted:

Yes, level 60.

God I loving hope so. I miss feeling like I had some kind of progression. Once you're in full 180s there's really nowhere to go unless you're unemployed enough to do Nightmare raids :(

And also because I want to go into 50 classic ops as a level 60 and solo them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

God I loving hope so. I miss feeling like I had some kind of progression. Once you're in full 180s there's really nowhere to go unless you're unemployed enough to do Nightmare raids :(

And also because I want to go into 50 classic ops as a level 60 and solo them.

Pretty sure you'll never solo them thanks to the magic of puzzle bosses

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Dulfy posted:

Ever since Revan’s defeat at hands of players at end of The Foundry, Revan went on to decorate his stronghold. He is now back armed with a new outfit, purple lightsabers, and glowing red eyes from the cartel market. Are you ready to be farmed for decorations?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Might be a few minutes late tonight

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Pretty sure you'll never solo them thanks to the magic of puzzle bosses

Yep all 3 Ops have mechanics cockblocks and the bosses that come before said blocks can already be solo'd at 55 no need to wait on 60.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I love this stupid game sometimes, I just got done duo-ing HM Mando Raiders with our companions because the tank DC'd and a DPS dropped, we made it all the way to the last guy with the turrets and had him to 30% before two replacements queued as a pair and immediately made our companions disappear, at which point we had to heal our balls off (he was a Sorc) until they showed up and saved the day.

At which point I started yelling about "UNLIMITED POWER" to no one in particular. :ssj:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dammit Bioware all I wanted was a giant Sandcrawler.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Medullah posted:

Wouldn't they be not there yet, or in use by whatever failed mining company brought them to Tatooine? Iirc that is their backstory, god knows I haven't kept up with Star Wars since high school.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Darth Windu posted:

Wouldn't they be not there yet, or in use by whatever failed mining company brought them to Tatooine? Iirc that is their backstory, god knows I haven't kept up with Star Wars since high school.

The newest cartel pack has a giant one that fits on starship hooks in your strongholds.

As far as lore...well, SWTOR also has things frozen in carbonite, which we all know was never tested on humans until Han Solo.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

2 hypercrates and no sand crawler! Bioware sucked me right in and took my money.

I got every mount except the Bantha. Like 15 of the Anzab crap. Im sure that will be worth 5k on the gtn. Did manage a giant emperor statue though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

The newest cartel pack has a giant one that fits on starship hooks in your strongholds.

As far as lore...well, SWTOR also has things frozen in carbonite, which we all know was never tested on humans until Han Solo.

Well, let's not forget that the old republic was as old to Darth Vader as Ancient Egypt was to us! I'm sure many technologies could have been forgotten, or something, or something else

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Stan S. Stanman posted:

2 hypercrates and no sand crawler! Bioware sucked me right in and took my money.

I got every mount except be Bantha. Like 15 of the Anzab crap. In sure that will be worth 5k on the gtn. Did manage a giant emperor statue though.

Yeah I had enough coins saved up to bit one, and depending on what people sell them for when they unlock on GTN I'll probably buy another there, but not spending any real money on more coins.

I really like the Slicers table

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Medullah posted:

Corrupted Clones of HK-47.

I really wouldn't be shocked to see Malgus come back.

The biggest issue I had with Malgus is I couldn't join him.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Anyone gets the chance, mind inviting my trooper on Covenant/Republic? Name is Rukko.

Homeless Friend fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Sep 17, 2014

BigDes
Dec 27, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

In SWTOR iirc Czerka brought the Sandcrawlers to Tatooine and only abandoned them quite recently, within the last 100 or so years

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]

Homeless Friend posted:

Anyone gets the chance, mind inviting my trooper on Covenant/Republic? Name is Rukko.

If you haven't already been picked up, I'll be on 'pub side JC in a few minutes and can throw you an /ginvite.

[Edit:] Haven't left a character name because I might be alternating between a few, working off the rested xp bonuses. Just search for 'Goon Squad' and send a tell to anyone that pops up. You should find me. I'll be online for probably the next 3-4 hours (as at 5.15am US EST)

OzCavalier fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Sep 17, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
KOTOR has that one sandcrawler broken down in the desert, but it was probably scrapped, looted and rusted away within 100 years. Czerka probably brought them back with concurrent mining operation when they found that mind trap.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Medullah posted:

I got one in my first crate, and proceeded to accidentally activate it instead of selling it.

All I wanted was the transforming speeder..which they changed from Red to Blue for some reason.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Props to Barraj for helping me with the Oricon missions for my newbie 55 sniper.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Are we still gonna shoot for the fleet datacron on Saturday?

(Also, to all the jerks who I raided with last night, thank you for putting up with me and not giving me too much poo poo about my crappy gear)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

(Also, to all the jerks who I raided with last night, thank you for putting up with me and not giving me too much poo poo about my crappy gear)

I'd be down. I've never actually done it the "right" way, I got it with a few of my characters via sorc pull chain.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

raffie posted:

Props to Barraj for helping me with the Oricon missions for my newbie 55 sniper.

You're welcome. Sorry we pulled that last group though!

Oedzi: Looks like someone's been raiding your closet.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Has there been talk of doing a wardrobe system like other games are using? I'd love more customization. I realize you can to the orange-gear modification deal, but there are some styles that I'd love to keep around for longer.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

So, both the security key setup website and my mobile key app on my iPhone are asking for a serial key. Something is amiss, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

So, both the security key setup website and my mobile key app on my iPhone are asking for a serial key. Something is amiss, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Are you a subscriber?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Preferred. Sub lapsed a month or two ago.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

omg chael crash posted:

Preferred. Sub lapsed a month or two ago.

I think you have to be subbed to attach the phone security key. But it stays attached even if you let your sub lapse after you do that. That's probably your issue.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

So far that puts us at -

Blhue
OzCavalier
Ansley
Bedurndurn
Storril
Hulk Smash!
Me

For a planned, 7:30est run of Scum and Villainy Sunday night.

If you've never done this (like me) don't forget to pick up the questline on the Ziost Shadow before Sunday. It rewards a couple of MMM and some other goodies.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I think you have to be subbed to attach the phone security key. But it stays attached even if you let your sub lapse after you do that. That's probably your issue.

I'll probably resub this weekend when I have more time to play. Fair enough, thanks.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Alter Ego posted:

Yeah, that's the plan. We'll try for 7:30 central/8:30 eastern, and it shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes. If you plan to show up, make sure you have a MGGS, the grapple gun you can purchase from a vendor on Alderaan. I'll have to brush up on the process myself, since it's been a while and someone else was giving instructions last time I was there.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

You're welcome. Sorry we pulled that last group though!

Oedzi: Looks like someone's been raiding your closet.

Pretty cool though...

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
So how does someone who can't actually use the /who command join the guild?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

So how does someone who can't actually use the /who command join the guild?

Get to level 10 or 15 or whatever or subscribe.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Hey, if I got the mats would someone be willing to craft an Advanced Skill Barrel 34 for me? Do we do poo poo like that?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Alter Ego posted:

Hey, if I got the mats would someone be willing to craft an Advanced Skill Barrel 34 for me? Do we do poo poo like that?

I think someone has the recipe, but if you get the mats together then spam "trading mats for completed 180 skill barrel" on fleet, you'll probably have your barrel inside of 15 minutes.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
I heard this game is less disappointing than Wildstar. c/d?

So far force wizard is fun.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Clairetic posted:

I heard this game is less disappointing than Wildstar. c/d?

So far force wizard is fun.

Confirm. Having played Wildstar since launch, this is considerably more fun. It has telegraphs and a much, much better storyline - if you like Star Wars, I guess.

I really can't understate how big of a difference being able to choose your own response makes. It gives you the feeling of full control of your character, and as someone who enjoys regular RPGs but generally not MMOs - this aspect is the deal maker. It is really fun to go through a dungeon with a crew and vote on your response, or roll on it, whatever exactly is happening - and then after it is made see the others choices and whether they got light or dark points for them.

Granted, the side points and companion affection haven't come into play much, but feeling in control of your own story is great and I really like this game. If you enjoyed KOTOR 1 or 2 at all, I would recommend it. I would definitely recommend it over Wildstar - while the aforementioned telegraphs aren't as numerous and it plays more like a standard MMO, the hooks are much more interesting. I got to 50 in Wildstar and quit, finding the grind up to 50 boring as poo poo. So far, this has been amazing and I'm not even 15 yet.

Darth Windu fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 18, 2014

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Medullah posted:

Am I the only idiot nerd that wonders why the sith empire's small ships can jump into hyperspace when it was a huge deal in Tie Fighter, when the Tie Advanced could do it?

Darth Windu posted:

Granted, the side points and companion affection haven't come into play much, but feeling in control of your own story is great and I really like this game. If you enjoyed KOTOR 1 or 2 at all, I would recommend it. I would definitely recommend it over Wildstar - while the aforementioned telegraphs aren't as numerous and it plays more like a standard MMO, the hooks are much more interesting. I got to 50 in Wildstar and quit, finding the grind up to 50 boring as poo poo. So far, this has been amazing and I'm not even 15 yet.

I agree but probably because I'm playing it now, and i'm not an inevitably jaded subscriber for years. I hope the Hutt Cartel can rise to the occasion when i do eventually reach 50.

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Sep 18, 2014

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Fargin Icehole posted:

Am I the only idiot nerd that wonders why the sith empire's small ships can jump into hyperspace when it was a huge deal in Tie Fighter, when the Tie Advanced could do it?

20k years is a long time to lose technology, and the only reason it was a big deal for the TIE Advanced is because the regular TIE Fighters and TIE Interceptors couldn't do it. IIRC the Empire didn't want their fighter squadrons to operate independently. Every single Rebel Alliance fighter had a hyperdrive and seemed none the worse for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:spergin: time.

The sandcrawlers are Czerka machines brought when Anchorhead was first colonized. Presumably they continued selling them to miners, and Jawas continued looting a retrofitting them after Czerka decides to say gently caress mining. Jawas being Jawas, are really good with scavenged gear, and keep those motherfuckers running for about 4000 years.

As far as Star Wars medieval stasis, in about 1000 years (give or take) the galaxy enters a Dark Age brought about by the constant wars between Sith and Jedi. The Dark Age of the Republic ends about 1000 BBY with the Ruusan reformation, which creates the Republic we see in the movies, the modern Jedi code, and the Golden Age of the Republic. During that Dark Age, Jedi soldiers (the Republic is taken over by the Jedi Order) tool about in horse drawn carts, spacecraft are the provision of military nobility only, and it's pretty much the European Dark Age with laser swords.

Outside of that, Star Wars is really bad about representing technological progress. For example, about 1400 years before the game, Lightsabers required external power packs and ships used solar sails. This is First Contact with the Sith:

They're not Jedi. They're Force Sensitive, but not Jedi.

This is Empress Teta. She and her forces are the good guys in the Great Hyperspace War.

For those of you keeping score, there have been three fundamental changes in technology in 1400 years. First, they no longer use solar sails for sublight travel. Second, they develop hyperdrive computers which no longer require beacons to calculate routes (essentially they make lighthouses obsolete). Thirdly, they manage to miniaturize the power source of the lightsaber. Compare that to a similar period on Earth, where we go from struggling to build palisade forts on hills to putting a man on the moon and creating the Something Awful forums.

• Locked thread