Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke posted:

e: Possibly more nefarious - I'm reading posts on the official forum (yeah, I know) that market items bought from the GTN aren't eligible to be collected - you have to have bought it off of the cartel market yourself to add it to collections. :psyduck:

The forum is, as always, a pack of morons. I have an armor set unlocked that I bought off the GTN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke posted:

Is there a PC version of the authenticator app thing? I don't have a smartphone :saddowns:

Not a native app, but you might be able to get away with installing Bluestacks or something.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Rookersh posted:

There was also the quest on Coruscant where you find out a Senator is planning to try a coup, to kick the Jedi Order out of the Republic for good, and sign away everything to the Sith Empire. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but he's bribed/pushed it to the point nobody outside of his friends in the Senate know, and he's kept it secret from the people. You are tasked with going in and stealing evidence he's doing this, so it can be shown on late night TV/people can turn on him. So you go in and get confronted by a page, who lets you know you are GOING AGAINST EVERYTHING THE REPUBLIC STANDS FOR BY DOING THIS, AND OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE by.....making sure people know whats going on, so he can't slip a bill through without the public's knowledge. :psyduck:

The LS option is to tell him he is right, and go back emptyhanded, the DS option is to expose him to the people.

Think about the methodology being used there. The Dark Side option is basically Watergate for a good cause, and the whole "questionable acts in the pursuit of less questionable ends" thing is not an uncommon theme in Republic DS options. Whereas the LS choice is to stand by the principles of the Republic, even if you have serious issues with the acts about to be taken by what is, in the end, still an elected official.

I also think you might be exaggerating the "coup" part. It seems more like he's trying to get the Republic to formally ally with the Sith Empire, or at least provide concessions that would presumably forestall a resumption of hostilities. Going back to real-world political analogies, this would be like "should I use illegal methods to convince Neville Chamberlain that 'peace in our time' may not be the best idea he's ever had?" (Yes, yes, I know, :godwin:, shut up. The only party that's getting compared to Hitler and/or the Nazis in this analogy already looks like Hugo Boss is on uniform design duty.)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

KittyEmpress posted:

The reason it's dark side to steal that is because you're 'exposing' his plan via a sensationalist group, which will assure he can never move forward because he would never be re-elected, while if you leave it, it will go to the senate for vote just like every other law, and likely be struck down anyways. It's a dumb explanation, but legally he's in the right and you're in the wrong - there's nothing wrong with wanting to ally with the Empire to avoid war. It's not treason (yet)

I still say it's DS because of the methodology used rather than the end result. As I said earlier, "the ends justify the means" is a common theme of Republic DS choices, and the means here are pretty much Watergate.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
You can only change race to one you've unlocked. If you try to select one you haven't unlocked, it prompts you to choose whether to pay the cost with Cartel Coins or credits, which is in addition to the standard race change cost of 1200 Cartel Coins (minus any applicable discounts, such as the 34% discount for subscribers).

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Ravenfood posted:

edit: vvvv Well gently caress that. Bioware should've just left Revan alone after KotOR, not given her a sex change and let her be offed by a squad of random Imperials on a tiny little base somewhere.

Why the hell do people keep saying that Revan is female? Revan has been canonically male since 2005 according to Wookiepedia.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

KittyEmpress posted:

Fairly certain the 'her' referred to is Bastilla, not Revan.

Yeah. At the time of the Taris bombardment, everyone thought Revan was dead.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Agraya posted:

It allows for more control. Sometimes you don't want to roll forward into a bad spot.

:ssh: If you press Shift-F, you crouch exactly where you're standing.

EDIT: And severely beaten. Teach me to leave a tab open and unreplied to for an hour, I guess.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Cythereal posted:

Hoods aren't head slot. They're part of the torso slot on a lot of armor meant for the glowstick brigade.

I usually wind up just finding a decent looking orange circlet for my head slot item and keeping it visible fulltime.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I threw together a PHP script that'll redirect people to a randomly chosen SWTOR referral link from those that have been posted in the last several pages (naturally, I also added mine to the possible redirects). I'll try and keep it up to date, but either way this might be worth adding to the OP.

http://www.prankeapple.com/swtor.php

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Shadowmorn posted:

Remove mine, i only wanted the mount. :haw:

And it's gone.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Everyone who has posted a new referral link or asked for theirs to be removed since the last time I posted in this thread has had their link added/removed.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

No, and they likely won't - they said all along that level 1-10 was more of a "game tutorial" and Advanced Class is actually just the class you choose.

There's also the problem of what would happen if you respecced to a class that used different equipment. (Juggernaut to Marauder, for example.) Adaptive armor would certainly help, but there's no way everyone who'd take advantage of the option has full adaptive. (Or even could have adaptive for the slot in a question, like with Sniper to Operative.)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Obligatory referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/mnM62P

I want that mount dammit!

Catsworth posted:

I'm not really sure what the deal with the referrals are as I missed the catalyst but here's mine: http://www.swtor.com/r/cZqMy8

Do I need to do anything with anyone else's?

I tossed your links into my randomizer.

Again, for those who missed the original post, http://www.prankeapple.com/swtor.php will automatically redirect you to a randomly chosen goon referral link.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Threw you both in the randomizer. (Hopefully the OP will be updated soon so that it can get linked.)

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Shadowmorn posted:

Since i wont be doing it for awhile, can anyone give me a tidy summary of republic makeb?

I suspect they are going in there all "WE'LL SAVE PEOPLE FROM MEAN HUTTS AND BE HEROES!!! :byodood:" while having no idea about isotope-5 and the imperial ops going on.

And then hanging around because theres still FREEDOM! to hand out.

Short version:

"Makeb is about to blow up because of the isotope-5 mining operations, we need to evacuate everyone!"
*population gets evacuated*
"...wait. Why the hell is Makeb not exploding, and what are the Imperials doing there?"

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I have added all the referral links posted over the last several pages to my randomizer. Hopefully it'll make it into the OP when it gets updated.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

re-posting this for people who want to click a link

VVVV D'oh...Well, it IS from back in November.

My mistake, forgot a comma when I updated that randomizer yesterday. (I have been trying to keep on top of the links that get posted, for what it's worth.)

Fixed now.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
-Troika- and CaptainRat have been added to the random referral thing. If anybody else has posted their link in this thread and wants to be removed from it, let me know.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Jedi posted:

Not sure if you took mine out yet, but feel free. I've hit max rewards.

Pulled it.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Not sure if that random link program is working, haven't seen it mentioned in awhile. I need more of the pets :\

I've been updating it, but it might help if it got added to the OP. (Unfortunately, said poster seems not to have been around for months.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

HiveCommander posted:

1.0 launch, but that was a long time ago. It's probably changed since, I just didn't like it that much, but I'm rather picky when it comes to MMOs.

2.0 is a completely different game. I mean, I'm pretty sure Cataclysm changed fewer things. The only aspects of FF14 that weren't changed between 1.0 and 2.0 were basically "it's an MMO", "it still takes place in the same world", and "your 1.0 characters were imported".

That said, this is the SWTOR thread (speaking of games that are a lot better than when they were first launched), so go ask the FF14 thread if you want specifics.

• Locked thread