Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So since last night I've been unable to play. The launcher updated this morning and lets me log in just fine. When the game launches, it gets to the very first loading screen, and never leaves it. I never get as far as character or server selection. Anyone know how to fix this? I've tried repairing the install and power cycling my router.

E: VVV Yep. Wow, great patch guys.

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 18:37 on May 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I'm not sure what you're getting at, as the collection system is solely intended to allow people to get their cash shop items multiple times while paying only once. That's its entire raison d'être.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Also, Inquisitor has told Khem Val to eat people like 3 times already and I'm only on Dromund Kaas. Best companion dialogue ever.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Which is the best Sorc DPS spec, Lightning or Madness? I'm currently rolling with Lightning but I'm only at level 12 so no biggie at the moment.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Nipponophile posted:

So what new looks have you guys come up with now that we have character recustomization and dyes?

I turned my bounty hunter into an 80's action hero:

Oh my god

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Speaking of companions, Khem actually made me laugh out loud with one of those 'entered a new area flavour text' bits. Upon entering a cantina: "I have an excellent sabacc face. That was a joke. I hate sabacc." I'm not sure why that got me so much but I couldn't stop laughing.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I remember now why I hated the Gree event so much. That loving PVP area that is constantly filled with a raid group of imps ganking every republic player they can find.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Yeah, I guess the obvious answer is to just not attempt the PVP quests. People saying 'just gather a group of pubbies and fight it out' obviously haven't tried going toe-to-toe with 8 guildies all ganking anyone they see though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

hobbesmaster posted:

Luckily there are other instances.

Also, you seem to be misunderstanding the "fight it out" thing - the pubbies are there as decoys.

All instances are the same. It's just not doable. The droid one is soloable, but the energy cube thing? Nuh-uh, not even worth attempting.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

FaintlyQuaint posted:

They're both pretty easy to solo at level 50 and up assuming you have at least the rakata mods from the planetary vendor. :confused:

I'm in full 69. I'm not sure how you think one level 50 in Rakata gear is going to be able to take on like 4 other players at once?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

FaintlyQuaint posted:

"Doing the quest" and "fighting four other players at once" are not even remotely the same thing. If you're just getting relentlessly murdered by 4 man premades hop instances or wait until they leave?

Like I said before, it's the same in every instance, all the time. I've decided to take the advice in the thread and just not bother, perhaps not bother with the gree event at all, after you get the legacy mainhand there's nothing of interest really.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KittyEmpress posted:

So, apparently people are getting suspensions for sticking CM +41 stat crystals into legacy gear to send off to alts on their legacy, due to the fact that it bypasses the Collections system and allows them to start making infinite on every character without paying the Cartel Coin cost for unlocking the collection for their account.

Might want to avoid doing that, guys.

Why the hell would they start suspending people over using legacy gear? That's what it's for, jesus christ. Yes, I get that they're annoyed that there's a workaround for ONE item in the collections system, but it's using in game items with no shady business whatsoever.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KittyEmpress posted:

They aren't suspending people over using Legacy Gear for other things. They're suspending people over using Legacy Gear to subvert the collections system cost to fully equip every alt and companion in the crystals without paying the fee.

Basically: Do not send legacy gear with Cartel Market items inside it.

Maybe they should have thought to patch that or give a warning rather than outright suspending people for doing something in-game that isn't restricted at all?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Red Crown posted:

Okay. Flashpoints. WHAT IS WITH THE NAKED PEOPLE. I never see them anywhere else, but every Flashpoint I've done I'm surrounded people who have gone to great lengths and spent real money to ensure their female and male characters are as scantily clad as possible. The winner? The Sith Juggernaught tank in a Slave Girl outfit.

I don't think there is anything that is cash-only in that vein but I get what you're saying.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

My Sith Trooper is, yeah, because a bunch of my RL friends play on it as well. It's uaually something like "you know Pureblood Sith are pretty much always Imperials" but I had one guy that sent me like three paragraphs in a series of tells about why it's not cool that I'm not taking RP seriously by using "non-compatible" race/class combos. I wish I saved a screenshot.

Call him a racist and see how long you can string him along. Bonus points if you get into character with "I thought Imperials hated aliens, not the Republic! :qq:"

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

WarLocke posted:

They have a basic 'attack' button (first one on their bar) you can use to force them to change targets, granted that's a bit clunky.

By default this is ctrl+1, which is what I use to start fights with melee companions as well. If I'm ranged, my first attack hits, my companion goes 'oh right, fighting!' and has to run into the battle for like 10 seconds. If I press ctrl+1 before hand, they get there at the same time as my Crushing Darkness finishes channeling or whatever.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Just got to 39 on my Inquisitor, finally got my healing companion, and he's totally unbearable :suicide:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Baalfrog posted:

Obviously you haven't met Theran Cedrax from Republic side mirror class yet. He runs to the room guns blazing and killing everyone in sight and healing you while you kill the ones that he doesnt and then comes this: "Did I mention I'm a pacifist?". And he never shuts up about that!

Fortunately I ran my Consular as a healer so I didn't need to have a healer companion at any point :)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Anyone have a link to a video for what emote: beach party looks like? I have 2 of these things and the cheapest one I see on our gtn is 800k. What makes it so special?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3d2GHBuvQ&t=21s (I've only seen it once and I was kinda tired but I'm like 90% sure this is it.)

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KittyEmpress posted:

If I buy the golden scalene armor from the CM, and then unlock it in my legacy, is there any limit as to how many I can have? Because I'd have fun dressing every companion up in it.

Nope, you can print out as many as you want. They're not vendorable, so they're essentially worthless for anything but dress up. Knock yourself out!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I had not seen the Honor Sword before, looks kinda cool :catstare:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
Is there any reason character transfers are so absurdly expensive? Or any reason they are not server legacy transfers? Why on earth would you want to transfer one character and leave the rest behind? I had no intention of moving servers anyway, but making it so expensive to move just seems pointless - I'd never move all 6 of my characters at 1800 each.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

WarLocke posted:

Holy poo poo I got to level 50 this morning and got bombed with space missions, flashpoints, hard mode ops, gently caress. My quest log is actually full right now and I haven't even gotten to Corellia yet. :psyduck:

Dump all that poo poo. Don't keep it in your logs until you're ready to do it. You don't need a million ops missions clogging it up unless you're planning to do ops within the next hour or so. The only quests you really 'need' active all the time are the vehicle achievement ones cause they're related to ops and flashpoints over time.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
What's the exclusive pet that you can get from real life cartel coin cards?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

On the one hand I'm mildly jealous but on the other hand $20 of funbux for a parrot.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

WarLocke posted:

The way I look at it is, if I'm going to buy some funbux anyway, I might as well get a little something extra while I'm at it.

Yeah. Thankfully I have no intention of buying funbux and because the parrot isn't available in my country there's no temptation there either. Phew!

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Ajax posted:

Be a cybertech.

Then craft orange droid parts and fill them with whatever you like I guess! Wait, what armorings do they take? Only crafted ones?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

KittyEmpress posted:

What do you mean by the last bit? Every single class/companion uses the same armoring. Unless you mean what stat, in which case I believe every droid is Aim.

I mean if I pull a boots armour out of a pair of boots, is that going to go into droid parts or is it going to tell me "Nope, those aren't boots"?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

hobbesmaster posted:

Force pull is your best tool here but I don't think you have it yet. "

I swear to god I got a JK tank to 55 and haven't got this ability :psyduck:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Guardians don't get it, only Shadows/Assassin.

What's this then? http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Pull_%28Jedi_Knight%29

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Stan S. Stanman posted:

2.2 patch notes are out. All cartel packs are going away it seems ("embargoed"). Im trying to decide if its worth it to pick some up tonight and resell after the patch.

Aren't they only going away for a while, though?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Anyone had any luck Reverse Engineering the mods/armorings from HM level 55 flashpoints? I think I've stripped the armorings from 10 pieces and sent them to my Cybertech via legacy gear...it says 20% chance of learning a schematic, but no luck so far. I'm starting to wonder if it's bugged and a) She can't learn it because she's only level 54 or b) you can't RE slot specific armorings.

Are those the 28s? Yeah, they can be reverse engineered. Everything up to 30 can be RE'd I think, and even further when the next patch hits I believe.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

No, they're the 30s (rank 69). 28s can be RE'd with the vendor schematics.

You can RE 30s (69). 72s are REable in the next patch. I have definitely learnt some 30 armorings on my Cybertech, so it's not bugged text.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

K so I'm just having rotten luck.

What's the components like? Molecular Stabilizers still? I keep getting pieces with my Assassin that have decent mods, but the armorings are Resolve instead of Force Wielder so I've been sending the armorings to my Cybertech to try and RE.

Nope, molecular stabs are now pretty much worthless. It's a new, much rarer crafting material you need. Mass Manipulation Generator or something, I think?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Hulk Smash! posted:

You don't really need to undercut. The way the GTN works it lists by order of listing, out of alphabetical order. So if the lowest listing is from Darth Aardvark at 10k, you can list for the same price as Major Zabrak and still show first. I found that most pubbies buy the first item listed anyway.

If two items are showing at the same price I will always buy the second one because I feel bad for the person that will likely never sell their item :unsmith:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

I hit 55 with my Scoundrel, who I used to PVP with all the time. I assume she's going to be better off with her normal gear (mostly 66s with a few 69s scattered) than pulling out her old mix of Recruit mk2, War Hero and Battlemaster gear?

The War Hero and Battlemaster stuff was actually completely retired. They removed the Expertise from it. Keep it if you like the shells, though.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that.

Should I be gearing up in the Partisan gear? Or will bolster + my Black Market stuff be better?

Partisan is level 55, so you won't get Bolster at all when you can equip Partisan. WRONG DERP

Waldorf Sixpence fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 16, 2013

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Medullah posted:

Are you sure? I have done a few warzones with my Scoundrel since I first posted hitting level 55, and I had the bolster buff along with an expertise level of 1700ish, despite not wearing any pvp gear.

Oh! Yeah I forget they changed how that worked, didn't they. Okay, I have no bloody idea how it works but I've noticed when I wear my PVP gear I get more Expertise than when I don't. Obviously the rest of my stats go down but all the player-to-player stats go up.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Red Crown posted:

It never ceases to amaze me how willing people are to act against their own interests in these kinds of games. We had an all Trooper group and a Vanguard shield dropped. The Vanguard tank's shield was 10 levels below their current level. The DPS Needed on the shield and the Tank greeded. I asked what was up with that, thinking they might have confused it for a DPS generator. Nope. The DPSer said "I don't have to answer to you" and the Tank said "please just drop it".

Later the other DPS Needed on a tank chest.

At least it's the right stat. I had a sentinel need on Aim pieces twice last night, Aim pieces that were considerably better than what I was wearing at the time. I called him on it the first time, and he said "Sorry mate wrong button", the second time he just completely ignored me. I think he was needing on everything. That was an incredibly painful run, the DPS weren't touching the adds, the tank was only holding aggro on one enemy so as the healer I had to tank ALL the adds as well as DPS them. I solo'd the last 10% of the Hammer Station final boss cause I had to concentrate on keeping myself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

kmzh posted:

That's not even a workable excuse anymore, since you can trade within the group for 2 hours.

He didn't win the roll, this was when I called him out on clicking need in the first place. The excuse doesn't hold when he did it again, though.

• Locked thread