Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Did his cartoon get cancelled yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JAnon posted:

what the gently caress is this art style? Family Guy but worse?

every lovely animated show nowadays has to look like rick and morty, bobs burgers, family guy, or in this case, a combo of all three

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

drat I was hoping for some new hot gossip

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

that is also my assumption when i see this thread pop back up

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!

holefoods posted:

drat I was hoping for some new hot gossip

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/adam-carolla-paying-ex-wife-233052500.html

Wooo gossip

quote:

The family residence is currently listed on the market at $8,350,000 and Adam's fee to Lynette could be affected by the net proceeds of the sale. This means that if the proceeds exceed $4 million, both parties shall equally divide the proceeds beyond that amount.

However, if it is less than $4 million, Lynette will receive her money in installments of $17,000 per month from Adam until the money is fully paid. Aside from the property, which both parties agreed to split the proceeds, Adam gets to keep most of his assets, including his mind-blowing $13 million car collection.

As for Lynette, she will be paid $32,000 monthly for spousal support as well as $17,000 a month in child support payments for their two children. She also gets to keep the 2022 Tesla Model X automobile and a 2021 Mercedes Benz which are subject to lease agreements.

pzy fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 3, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
get it on, Lynette!

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

the aceman paying $32k a month in child support feels like some sort of poetic justice, wonder how quickly he bails on it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i wonder who he blames for the last decade or so because it definitely isnt himself

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The 17k in child support could have gone much much worse for him. How long do the spousal support payments go for in California?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Contentious celebrity divorce that dragged on for three years? Lawyer fees alone would probably be near a million.

Guessing this dwarfs his 2013 legal settlement with Donny & that didn’t sound like it was cheap. Interesting how his decades long friendships keep ending with him paying massive settlements.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
alimony factory, not an alimony warehouse

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Tweak posted:

i wonder who he blames for the last decade or so because it definitely isnt himself

something something gender, pronouns

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

rotinaj posted:

The brickleberry special

:lmao:

btw there's a really good series of videos by Jay Exci about Brickleberry and the two other shows that Waco O'Guin and Roger Black created

Brickleberry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz04mSryFFo
Paradise PD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md75krfN3RI
Farzar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NokustxgZwQ

Exci also made another video on Paradise PD a few years earlier that you should watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CK34SbRQ604

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Riptor posted:

He's no Alimony Tony

JAnon
Jul 16, 2023

WEH posted:

every lovely animated show nowadays has to look like rick and morty, bobs burgers, family guy, or in this case, a combo of all three

agreed but at least Bob's Burgers is good

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

JAnon posted:

agreed but at least Bob's Burgers is good

I always laugh when Facebook Memories shows me my post from when I was watching the premiere of Bob's Burgers "Wow, this show has god awful animation how can anyone watch it?".

Now one of my favorite shows heh

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

I wish he focused more on family and education

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Literally a millionaire

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Riptor posted:

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I wouldn’t say I knew it wouldn’t last after he said on air how he proposed, but holy poo poo I don’t think Adam has the capacity to be a long term romantic partner.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Moniker posted:

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

JGdmn posted:

I wouldn’t say I knew it wouldn’t last after he said on air how he proposed, but holy poo poo I don’t think Adam has the capacity to be a long term romantic partner.

How did it happen?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

JGdmn posted:

I don't remember hearing this, but I really haven't listened since he fired Alison Rosen.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Moniker posted:

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I don't remember hearing this, but I really haven't listened since he fired Alison Rosen.

Oh it was way before the podcast.

I'm sure I don't remember all the details, but there isn't that much to remember. He came home, tossed the ring in it's case to her and walked by. When she opened it he asked her to marry him.

Bing bang boom, marriage.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

was that before or after he took a break from their relationship, bought her a condo, and tried to find out if he as a fresh celebrity could bang anyone else (he couldnt)

beepo
Oct 8, 2000
Forum Veteran

Tweak posted:

was that before or after he took a break from their relationship, bought her a condo, and tried to find out if he as a fresh celebrity could bang anyone else (he couldnt)

Say what you will, but that is better than what Thomas Middleditch did.

bartok
May 10, 2006

beepo posted:

Say what you will, but that is better than what Thomas Middleditch did.

Silicon Valley is a cursed show.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

bartok posted:

Silicon Valley is a cursed show.

I know Middleditch, TJ Miller, & Bill Gates have been up to no good but had to scan Kumail Nanjiani & Zach Woods Wikipedia pages to make sure they were in the clear.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

I’m having a hard time remembering why I listened to a guy with a 13 million dollar car collection complain about parking tickets for so long

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

I’m having a hard time remembering why I listened to a guy with a 13 million dollar car collection complain about parking tickets for so long

I've listened to a few older episodes over the last few years and he was snappy, funny and even if he was a bit hypocritic he was sharp at pointing things out. He just fell into his own rear end.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Medullah posted:

I've listened to a few older episodes over the last few years and he was snappy, funny and even if he was a bit hypocritic he was sharp at pointing things out. He just fell into his own rear end.

Yeah i went to a live show maybe a decade and change ago and it was a hilarious time, & I don’t recall it being excessively mean spirited. My favorite bits during the good years were him and Dana Carvey riffing about KISS or Planet of the Apes.

I’m sure everyone has different moments when they noticed it was becoming what it is now, like it was usually good fun when he’d hassle Donny a bit but I remember one time Adam kept yelling at him about microphone placement & making it sound like Donny was useless but he was pushing back & it stopped being funny & was just a legit fight for maybe 15 minutes, as the guest sat awkwardly, and nearly any other show would have edited it out. Or another time he was ranting about Mexican street vendors & instead of there being a gag or insight he just sounded furious at their existence & yeah uh oh.

holefoods
Jan 10, 2022

There were definitely some awkward clashes with Anderson back in the loveline days, too. Drew seems good at not agitating him further or taking his bait

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

DAG just straight up leaving the studio when Adam & Anderson wouldnt stop arguing about something incredibly stupid was a top tier move

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Speaking of Anderson, I was listening to some Film Vault episodes and he's apparently doing real estate now. He's also working on a movie, but for some reason the idea of him selling houses makes me sad.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

holefoods posted:

There were definitely some awkward clashes with Anderson back in the loveline days, too. Drew seems good at not agitating him further or taking his bait

Drew "I still need more data about COVID" is just a spineless coward who won't take a stand unless he's paid to. Arguing with Adam wasn't going to make him any of that sweet cash so that's a big part of why they got along so well.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Remember when Adam said we'd all feel stupid for how we reacted to covid after his best friend died of covid? And then his friend's family had to do a gofundme to pay for his funeral?

Well anyway, I'm glad Adam gets to keep his $13 million car collection. I was worried for him.

tehslime
Jun 19, 2023

Ralph Hurley posted:

Didn’t he already make a lovely mr birchum cartoon like 20 years ago? Or am I misremembering something from crank yankers?

Yes he tried to get one on Fox in 2012 and got really close but they bailed last minute for some reason.* I heard them play the short animatic audio on the podcast and it sounded like it would’ve been a garbage show.

*The reason was likely that the show sucked rear end and wasn’t remotely original.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Honestly, getting a show canned in favor of the Napoleon Dynamite cartoon might be enough to explain the last decade of the Ace Man's life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

tehslime posted:

it sounded like it would’ve been a garbage show.

*The reason was likely that the show sucked rear end and wasn’t remotely original.

Predictive portion of post for after the daily wire birchum show comes out

I guarantee it will be right