Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Niwrad posted:

I thought Adam talking about the horrible Pat Benetar song was hilarious.

This is the part of the song where I'm running in place, throwing karate kicks in the air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Veskit posted:

The Adam Carolla Show - What Can't Goons Complain About

(you guys make me feel bad and dumb for enjoying this podcast)

Sorry guys, but Adam Carolla fans have nothing on Howard Stern fans when it comes to complaining about their show. To be fair though, complaining about a show is entertaining for me to read. That's why I still visit that thread even though I canceled Sirius in 2010.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

McJuicy posted:

Does Howard Stern repeat himself constantly too?

I don't think he has the opportunity to since he only does his show 3 days a week and has 10 weeks of vacation.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I liked how Adam accused Drew of being a pussy and not expressing his true opinions on his show and instead he just nods and agrees with his guest, but Drew nods and agrees with Adam on their show but of course Adam has no problem with that.

:psyduck:

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 19, 2013

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ez posted:

I never thought I would intentionally not listen to a DAG episode but as soon as I saw "Teddy Pendergrass makes an appearance" I was totally out.

It actually was pretty good this time. Probably because DAG told a story of a woman spraying breast milk on a guy's balls during the climax of a blowjob so all the Teddy songs included him singing about titty milk.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Holy poo poo. I couldn't stop laughing at Pure Retro Rockin' Rock on the Adam and Drew Show.

"I'm drunk... ON WHISKEY!"

"WHISKEY DRINKIN' GYPSY DEVIL CAJUN QUEEN FROM NEW ORLEANS!"

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

PUSSY LIPS!

Enjoy it now because I'm sure Bryan will run it into the ground by the end of the week.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been listening to Carolla's podcasts everyday for over a year now. Usually I can shrug off his horrible opinions because I mostly enjoy his shows, and I think he's quick witted and funny. But occasionally like today he can piss me off where I have to just shut it off.

"They do thing thing where they go 'Why should somebody who makes millions of dollars have access to better healthcare than someone who chooses not to work?'"

Yes Adam, all poor people are poor because they choose not to work, and they deserve to die or face bankruptcy if they have an illness.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm loving Jo Koy singing Float On.

"Aquarius..." "Libra..." "Leo..." "Rooster..."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Today on the Adam & Drew Show:

Bullying doesn't exist. It's just guys having some fun and the wimps just need to quit being so sensitive.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Ez posted:

I didn't listen to it but let me guess, he cited his flawless "Ray didn't beat up that one disabled kid in high school therefore bullying doesn't exist" theory right?

No, he did tell the "Ray threw poo poo at my head" story. It was a lot of him talking about how his friends would roughhouse and do crazy poo poo to him, but he never considered it bullying. So bullied kids are only bullied because they believe they're being bullied.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

It's obvious that whenever a guest comes on and does a funny bit it's :regd08: from then on.

Look at Stone Cold Steve Austin. He did a funny PSA about airport security and the very next appearance he had to do another one even though he obviously didn't want to do it. But I guarantee every time he's on, Adam will have him do another PSA.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Speaking of drops, what's the origin of the Allison drop about Daniel?

It sounds like she's saying "My feel good Daniel" while holding her tongue. I googled it, and it just says she was saying "My fiance Daniel". Why did it come out sounding that way?

edit: \/\/ Thanks for the answer. \/\/

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 11, 2013

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Does anyone else struggle with the decision whether to keep listening to Adam? I've been listening to his main show and Adam & Drew Show for a long while now, and most of the time I enjoy it. It's great that I have a daily podcast to listen to at work, and there are several times where he's made me laughed out loud.

But he keeps saying poo poo and that infuriates me to no end. "You see, some bullying is good. Fat kids need to be made fun of so they'll have incentive to lose weight." "Poor people don't deserve healthcare." "Edward Snowden is a traitor. If you're not a terrorist you have nothing to worry about if the government spies on you." And then today on Adam & Drew he even offended Dr. Drew by saying "Half the people in this city came here on loving donkey from Tijuana and they don't even read. Half the people in this town are so loving dumb."

I keep coming back because most of the time I find him funny, but it just keeps getting closer to that point where I'm going to have to unsubscribe.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Yeah it's funny how podcasts have kind of split up into these different camps. Like James Adomian and Paul F. Tompkins are hilarious guys, but you never hear them venture outside of their small circles much. Man that would be awesome if Adam would go on CBB though. He could roll with all the improv guys without a problem, and it would be really fun to hear how he reacts to the much weirder environment on that show.

I look at Doug Loves Movies as the common ground for comedy podcasts. He has CBB regulars, Proops, Maron, Carolla & Bald Bryan, and Joe Rogan's Deathsquad (minus Rogan because he's not into movie trivia).

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Holy poo poo today's episode is a must listen. I don't know where they found this lady who is replacing Alison on this episode but I'm losing it listening to Adam and Howie Mandel's fascination with her. And the reading of her sister's scene of "Cock Muncher" is amazing.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

That was great.

Is it just me or was the episode FULL of ads? Felt like they were doing one after another every 5 minutes.

It wasn't just you. I think I fast forwarded 5 times when they would segue into another ad.

Today's show was fun with Big Momma Got it All meeting Brown Sugar.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Dag-a-roni, baby! WHOOO!

Gimme a tongue kiss!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Medullah posted:

So Adams twins sleep in the same room and the same bed, according to a recent one...I anxiously await Natalias tell all book in 10 years. Giant house? One bedroom...

I thought he said they have bunk beds, but they like to both sleep on the bottom bunk.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Veskit posted:

The DAG episode is pretty loving good by the way. NO peanut, no teddy until like literally the very end, and DAG/Adam may have stumbled onto a pretty loving funny rear end bit.

"Gimme some of that skull."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Tom Sizemore was hosed up during this interview, right?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I cannot wait for the next DAG appearance. "He told her, no Latins, Mandingos, no Negros..."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I've been a listener throughout Alison's run on the show, and it really bummed me out to hear she was let go. I thought her wit and personality brought a lot to the show, and her compassion and just actual empathy to other human beings was a nice contrast to Adam's "gently caress the poor" and "pro shame" rhetoric.

I did listen to her podcast today with Jo Koy, and in the intro she mentions that she will eventually explain the situation. So I guess we'll get that when she has her own show off and running outside of Carolla's network.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

JB50 posted:

When does the guy have time for cheating?

I have no clue whether or not he's cheating, but when there's a combination of being famous on the road and a having bunch of booze around, it's a possiblity.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jan 6, 2015

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Maybe our sweet little Alison isn't as sweet as she seems. The she-devil was bringing down the morale of pirate ship.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Moniker posted:

She deleted those tweets. or at least the "nothing is as it seems" tweet.

Naa, it's still there under "tweets and replies". https://twitter.com/LynetteCarolla/status/552374949936398337

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

WEH posted:

1 and 3. His books are literally rants taken whole cloth from his podcast, so considering she was on that show daily I dunno how much I can blame her. Especially considering they were ghost written. His show, whatever. He's an adult and it's not like it's his first foray into TV

It makes me think of his rants about his family and their complete disinterest of him and what he does. She's his sidekick/newsgirl who is there to pitch in and provide content, but she hasn't read or watched anything he's been doing outside of the podcast. It's like he said about Howard and Robin. If Howard does America's Got Talent, he's going to want to talk about it on the show so it's helpful for Robin to watch the show at least for context.

That said, I'm looking forward to hearing Alison's side to these accusations.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Adam has put the kibosh on his people being on Alison's Thursday show. I'm listening to it now, but it sounds like Alison won't be getting into Adam's reasons for firing her yet. She just said "Something's up with him, and he's going through something."

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I like that Adam was astonished that The Mexican lady who cuts his hair watched the Super Bowl on only a 20-something inch television and had Domino's pizza. Jesus Christ, these people live like animals!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Niwrad posted:

It was always weird to me that he never appeared on Adam's show after the accident (well maybe once). He was a show regular and all of a sudden just disappeared.

He was on at least once afterwards because he finally won the hypothetical road trip game.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Yes this episode was great, and I'll definitely be checking out Backstorm on Thrusdays.

edit: Seriously, the Dave Koechner prank call is worth checking out if you pick and choose episodes to listen to.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 11, 2015

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Irish Joe posted:

Okay, Adam's racist. Who gives a poo poo?
/

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Veskit posted:

She said John Legend for fucks sakes. She'd also have to be an amazing actress to pull off that otherwise.

Poor Como. :(

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

My only problem with her is that she feels kinda phony. She's a little too happy and agreeable, but then again she's still new and probably doesn't want to share Alison's fate.

"Gina, do you have one more story?"

"You got it!" :D

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Niwrad posted:

The Newman doc he was behind was really good. I don't know how involved he was with it but I liked it and don't really like racing.

His involvement was minimal. Jules Dash was who did all the heavy lifting on getting it made.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Speaking of ads, they normally don't ever bother me on podcasts because I understand they're a necessary evil, and I can always fast forward if they're excessive.

BUT, the ads on the Adam and Dr. Drew Show bug the hell out of me because of Drew's cutesy segues. They make me irrationally angry.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

If anyone's interested, they've put Road Hard up for streaming on Amazon Prime.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Gina is now a member of Mensa.

Speaking of Gina, it's been over 7 months and I haven't warmed up to her at all. Alison was much more funnier and actually had a personality. Gina still feels phony.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I might be looking back with rose colored glasses, but I remember laughing at things Alison would say, Gina not so much.

Other than that episode that Gina was out, has Bald Bryan played any funny drops from her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/13/entertainment/john-rhys-davies-cvhristianity-thr-feat/

If you consider that "racist as gently caress" how do you manage to listen to anything Carolla normally says on a daily basis?