Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
Yeah they are still doing the giveaways. Says 3000+ remaining and 39 days left.

Also Raptr does import your time played from Steam, in case you bought the Steam version originally and have your hours tracked from that. Otherwise you basically need to run Raptr and "play" (run) Rift for 8 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
They have other rewards as well. A pretty cool helm, some ugly rear end shoulders and a fairly unique pet thing.

Mask
Jun 8, 2003
Quis Custodiet Custodes Ipsos?
Well with the F2P announcement, I will definitely be making my return. Hopefully you guys need a competent Cleric.

Elswyyr
Mar 4, 2009
The /join goonsquad command doesn't seem to work. Could someone send me an invite on Skuoz?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

~notes~

RIFT 2.2 Hot Fix #13 - 5/15/13

GENERAL
* Raid assistants can now invite instead of recommend invite via the unit frame menu, and non-assistants can now recommend invite.
* Fixed an issue causing Hellbugs to do more damage than intended to other NPCs in the Invasive Species rift.
* The Hellbug Monarch from the Invasive Species rift is no longer immune to taunt.
* Fixed the Skywarped Talon mob spawning with no health in the Runecrafting crafting rift.

CALLINGS
WARRIOR
Beastmaster
* Calliope’s Beastmaster Crystal: The 4 piece bonus buff triggered by Messy Wounds now last 30s, up from 15s.

Tempest
* Discharged Defenses: The tooltop for Discharged Defenses has been corrected, it now correctly reads that its buff causes Warrior attacks to ignore some of the target’s armor and resistance.

ROGUE
Bladedancer
* Blade Hustle: Now increases the damage of your next Quick Strike or Precision Strike by 5-15% per stack, up from 3-9% per stack.
* Blade Hustle: Now stacks up to 5 times, down from 10 times.

Nightblade
* Living Flame: Now applies Fiery Spike onto affected enemies.

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS
* A Hero Rises – Queen Miela will no longer become stuck before the War Machine boss appears.
* Abyssal Precipice - In standard mode, the damage from Kaler Andrenos's Ice Geyser has been significantly reduced.
* Endless Eclipse: Kain – All eligible players should now receive the “Cannibal Corpse” achievement per kill, instead of just one.
* Fall of Lantern Hook: Quest – Wash it Away: Quest targets should now always appear when entering a fresh normal instance of the dungeon.

ITEMS
* Possible fix for cloak crash implemented.

ZONES
* Ashora: Onslaught: Fixed invasion mobs that wandered through walls in the Valley of Iron
* Eastern Holding: Fixed some rift locations in Eastern Holdings that were not displaying on the main map.
* Iron Pine Peak: Adjusted the fail-state footholds during the Army of the Wind zone event to be less punishing to respawning players.
* Seratos: A Walk in the Park: Arlaun Merkur will now avoid potential footholds more efficiently.
* Seratos: Instant Adventure: Reduced Ibtok's damage across most of his abilities.
* Silverwood: Fixed a rift location in Silverwood that was spawning Hellbugs in strange locations

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Zoness posted:

Honestly, if you think anything can be reduced to mashing 3 buttons aside from the Shaman AoE rotation (which is 3 non-macro'd buttons!) or a solo spec (in which simplicity is more important than optimal results you probably aren't playing the rotation as tightly as you can be. (I've heard nightblade is a button light spec too though). Macros just reduce the book-keeping on the rotation so you can focus on getting the most out of your cooldowns.

When the game was first starting out, I recall reading a number of warrior and rogue guides that had very large and intricate macros, which were put forth in a manner that basically stated 'if you do not use these macros to automate your rotation you are playing wrong'. I don't find having 50-60 buttons fun (cough EQ2), but I don't find boiling things down to 3 macros fun. If that was just pubbies being pubbies and posting bullshit and it's more like 3-4 macros to manage rotation + your cooldowns/utilities/etc. for situational usage, I'm fine with that. I know the game has a lot of filler attacks that are unexciting and just bloat the bar, so you won't 'miss them' by sticking them in a macro.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

When the game was first starting out, I recall reading a number of warrior and rogue guides that had very large and intricate macros, which were put forth in a manner that basically stated 'if you do not use these macros to automate your rotation you are playing wrong'. I don't find having 50-60 buttons fun (cough EQ2), but I don't find boiling things down to 3 macros fun. If that was just pubbies being pubbies and posting bullshit and it's more like 3-4 macros to manage rotation + your cooldowns/utilities/etc. for situational usage, I'm fine with that. I know the game has a lot of filler attacks that are unexciting and just bloat the bar, so you won't 'miss them' by sticking them in a macro.

There are a couple specs that boil down into a big macro or two, but those are often NOT the best specs. Most specs written by top level raiders will chastise people who overuse macros because often a big macro can lag a bit and you end up not using the skills exactly when you should. tldr, there are really dumbed down macro based specs, but also some really complex specs to run.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Elswyyr posted:

The /join goonsquad command doesn't seem to work. Could someone send me an invite on Skuoz?

It is not a special command to ping an officer for an invite, it makes you join the custom chat channel "goonsquad". It should be accompanied by a number ([5. goonsquad] Machai: blahblahblah). type /# (five in this case) then type out your chat message to ask for an invite.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I think it's because he is trial and they may not be able to join custom channels. I got him though :)

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

I think it's because he is trial and they may not be able to join custom channels. I got him though :)

RIFT Lite restrictions include no talking in global channels (the default ones like Trade and Level 1-20) so idk maybe custom channels count as global?

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Machai posted:

RIFT Lite restrictions include no talking in global channels (the default ones like Trade and Level 1-20) so idk maybe custom channels count as global?

I can confirm this, I couldn't join the goonsquad channel when my account was Lite.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I will be coming back to this game when it becomes F2P. Hopefully I won't be missing out too much by not having the expansion.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Oraculum Animi posted:

I will be coming back to this game when it becomes F2P. Hopefully I won't be missing out too much by not having the expansion.

You can get the expansion for free using the Raptr rewards.

http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion

Deficen
Nov 5, 2007

zot zot zot
Posting for an invite! Back on RIFT after a hiatus. I'm playing a mage named Pirellia.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
Guess I'll dust off my old character after it goes f2p!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tezzeract posted:

You can get the expansion for free using the Raptr rewards.

http://raptr.com/game/Rift/rewards/rift-storm-legion

Could this get added to the OP, maybe? It's a huge boost for F2P people for the character and bag slots.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

There are a couple specs that boil down into a big macro or two, but those are often NOT the best specs. Most specs written by top level raiders will chastise people who overuse macros because often a big macro can lag a bit and you end up not using the skills exactly when you should. tldr, there are really dumbed down macro based specs, but also some really complex specs to run.

Alright, cool, I'll give it a go. Thanks everyone. :) All my characters are on deepwood already so I'll tack a month on later and get invites. Just saw the 'faction doesn't matter' thing, and that's really neat. Don't know what class I'm going to level first. What would be the most needed things if I got to 60 and did end game stuff? I like support>dps>healing>tank. I know I can swap souls up as needed, but some suggestions would let me see what interests me conceptually so I can actually focus for once. :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

With this going free to play and Hedonism graciously gifting me Storm Legion, I guess I'm jumping back in to this horrible mess. Apparently my rogue is still in the guild from the last time I un-quit, but I'll probably roll something Guardian side now that guilds aren't faction restricted because I loving love dwarves. And because Jesus Christ how do I play rogue again it's been nearly a goddamn year someone help.

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Bussamove posted:

With this going free to play and Hedonism graciously gifting me Storm Legion, I guess I'm jumping back in to this horrible mess. Apparently my rogue is still in the guild from the last time I un-quit, but I'll probably roll something Guardian side now that guilds aren't faction restricted because I loving love dwarves. And because Jesus Christ how do I play rogue again it's been nearly a goddamn year someone help.

Hit flame torrent over and over on many mobs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Tsurupettan posted:

Alright, cool, I'll give it a go. Thanks everyone. :) All my characters are on deepwood already so I'll tack a month on later and get invites. Just saw the 'faction doesn't matter' thing, and that's really neat. Don't know what class I'm going to level first. What would be the most needed things if I got to 60 and did end game stuff? I like support>dps>healing>tank. I know I can swap souls up as needed, but some suggestions would let me see what interests me conceptually so I can actually focus for once. :v:

Well for support, raids always want one Archon (mage, old school buffs and debuffs), Defiler (cleric, heals and siphons damage off the tank), and bard (rogue, plays guitar and poo poo). Warriors have some support stuff as well but I don't think it's used that often, I could be wrong but if you have support #1 and tank last, I'd eliminate warrior. My main is a mage, it can do what you want to do, but I think the class that is most fun to play is rogue or cleric. If you want to be able to main heal a dungeon, go cleric or mage. If not, go rogue. I mean, if teleporting around and blasting a flamethrower on fools sounds interesting, not sure why it would.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I really wish mercenary wasn't a thing in warfronts. I always seem to be merc'd onto the losing side.

Chompers
Jun 29, 2006
Probably a dumb question but is it possible to 'game' the Raptr time played value? I'd like to fake having the 16 hours played to get the expansion + goodies.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

I can't log in to the Trion Website, did they change something with it or is anybody else having an issue?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Chompers posted:

Probably a dumb question but is it possible to 'game' the Raptr time played value? I'd like to fake having the 16 hours played to get the expansion + goodies.

It's time logged in, you can just ark over night and get 8 hours easy.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Chompers posted:

Just leave it on overnight. Even when you get disconnected for being afk, leave it on the "you have been disconnected" screen and it still counts towards your playtime.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
I did the Raptr thing a few days ago didn't get a free 30 days on my existing account. They now say it's explicitly for new accounts only.

Repeat: You will no longer get 30 days of free subscription time on an existing Rift account if you use the Raptr promo.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Bussamove posted:

quote:

Llendra
Will Free-to-Play introduce player race changes/faction changes?

RIFTDevTeamRIFT
Yep! - Bill Fisher, Creative Director

Hold onto that rogue!

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I bought this a long time ago, I probably still have my account. Will I get any bonuses by using this account when f2p goes live, or would I be better off starting a trial account and getting 10 hours of playtime like the OP lists? (I want the expansion for free and do not want to pay $15 or whatever to resub my old account for a month)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Is leveling through IAs reasonable? I just noticed they're doable by low level players, and I'm kinda tired of questing in MMOs by running from hub to hub.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Invisible Handjob posted:

I bought this a long time ago, I probably still have my account. Will I get any bonuses by using this account when f2p goes live, or would I be better off starting a trial account and getting 10 hours of playtime like the OP lists? (I want the expansion for free and do not want to pay $15 or whatever to resub my old account for a month)

First, you can probably get 3 days playtime for changing your pw or something, if you haven't logged in for a while. If you get those 3 days, then you can sign up for raptr and do it in those 3 days probably? As for bonuses, we are told that people will get rewarded for the time they have been subbed in the past, but we don't know the details yet.

Tsurupettan posted:

Is leveling through IAs reasonable? I just noticed they're doable by low level players, and I'm kinda tired of questing in MMOs by running from hub to hub.

IA's are actually faster than questing, so go hog wild. Grabbing quests through the zones and completing them with the IA groups is the most pro way of doing it. PVP with it's daily bonus is nice leveling too.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Shalhavet posted:

Hold onto that rogue!

Oh yeah, it's not going anywhere since it has all my cool titles and pets and poo poo on it. Maybe once F2P rolls around I'll race change it though, Eth are so boring and Bahmi got it goin' on.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So I checked if I was eligible for the raptr rewards before actually installing the client - it registered my playtime through steam. :smug: Now my warrior looks ridiculous.

Fake Edit: That's only at level 42.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kreczor posted:

So I checked if I was eligible for the raptr rewards before actually installing the client - it registered my playtime through steam. :smug: Now my warrior looks ridiculous.

Yeah, similar happened to me, I had played back when the game first launch, Steam had recorded my playtime, and I was instantly in the top 3% of Rift players on Raptr.

Invisible Handjob
Apr 7, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Eltoasto posted:

First, you can probably get 3 days playtime for changing your pw or something, if you haven't logged in for a while. If you get those 3 days, then you can sign up for raptr and do it in those 3 days probably? As for bonuses, we are told that people will get rewarded for the time they have been subbed in the past, but we don't know the details yet.

That sounds pretty good, though now that I read this:

boho posted:

I did the Raptr thing a few days ago didn't get a free 30 days on my existing account. They now say it's explicitly for new accounts only.

Repeat: You will no longer get 30 days of free subscription time on an existing Rift account if you use the Raptr promo.

It looks like I need to just make a new account anyways. Oh well, still looking forward to this, I always wanted to play Rift more.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Invisible Handjob posted:

Just make a new account and do the Raptr thing.

e; beaten auuggghh

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I have the game and Raptr running and it's recording my time. I'm not really worried about the 30 free days of play time, I'm more interested in getting the expansion.

I have a level 50 mage in a lot of the water raid gear. I loved raiding and I miss being an archon and back up healer.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Jesus christ what's with all these flamethrowers I see people toting. :stare:

e: Also wow, IAs are great exp for low effort and chill as gently caress.

e2: vvv Is this some sort of Storm Legion class? I think I will be leveling my rogue. :aaaaa:

e3: Oh my god Rift has HOUSING.

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 02:09 on May 16, 2013

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Tactician, best rogue spec!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
So story-wise,is Regulos dead and gone now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Welp, signed up for the raptr thing and what do you know, top 9%. Elite, bitches!

So uh, if I attach it to an existing account I'm guessing I get a free xpack, but not the 30 days? I'm willing to accept that, I think.

• Locked thread