Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Oraculum Animi posted:

The OP doesn't have much on mage builds, bluedot's haven't been updated in a while and the other looks like a leveling spec. Is there a site with some ideas on good builds? I haven't played since before the expansion and the trees look a little different so I want to catch up on the changes.
The official forums now have sections devoted to class guides, they are posted by whatever random guy wants to do it so their worth will vary but they seem to usually do a good job of explaining their thinking behind their builds at least, you could start there:
http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-general-discussions/classes-telara/class-guides/mage-guides/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Amazon has boxed versions of Storm Legion for $20, which is a pretty good deal if you're coming from a free account. You'll get the character/bag slots and souls once it goes f2p along with a free month of gametime in the meantime. It sucks that so many folks missed out on the raptr deal, but you might as well grab a box while they are still available.

Now, if the 4 expansion souls, 4 character slots, and 2 bag slots end up being less than $20 I guess this is a bad call but that seems unlikely to me.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain how to use BananAH? it's kind of going over my head at this point. I just want to be able to sell stuff at a 1 silver undercut, nothing fancy.

Hotsaucerman'S BananAH Guide for Undercutting by 1s, Nothing Fancy:

1. Go to an Auctioneer and open the normal AH:

2. Click the little banana icon next to your minimap or type in /bananah.

3. Press the "Full Scan" button on the top right of the BananAH UI. After you hit the scan button, the line in the UI under the "Track Auction" button in the lower left corner will keep you updated on scan information so you can tell when it is done scanning. Full auction house scans take about 30 seconds in Rift, it's really nice and I find myself rescanning if I just step away from the computer for a minute, which is almost definitely unnecessary.

"FULL SCAN" in the upper right corner, I guess Rift hides your cursor when you take a screenshot. Then watch the lower left corner to tell when the scan is complete.

4. Press the "POST" button in the upper left corner, between "SEARCH" and "SELLING". You will have a list of your items for sale on the left hand side. Select the item you would like to sell. This will open a list of all the others of that item currently being sold by other people on the right. They are listed in order of cheapest to most expensive, so right click the one on the top. Right clicking an auction sets your price to 1 silver under the price of the other person's auction. You can see the pricing above the listings window on the right hand side.

5. Once you have your price where you want it, click the "Post" button between the listings and the pricing on the right hand side. You're done!

Miscellaneous other things:
You can also buy from POST window if someone is undercutting to a crazy degree. Click their auction in the listings and hit "Buy" in the lower right corner.
If the price you are putting your item up for is under the vendor price for that item, the bid or buyout price under POST will turn red. Don't post red prices! Just vendor it instead.
The SEARCH tab is also nice for buying stuff you want. It lets you know how much the item usually sells for, making finding a deal easier.
If you want to undercut by MORE than 1 silver for some weird reason (seriously why do you want to do that?) click "CONFIG" to the left of FULL SCAN, then in that option window press POST (not the big POST button for posting auctions). That will give you the option of changing the specific amount to undercut every time or a percentage to undercut by.

There you go, I don't think there's much more to say about it! Use BananAH, become rich and ride the finest spiders.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 25, 2013

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Apoplexy posted:

I forgot how fun Rift is. I played a ton in open beta, leveling 4 characters to 20ish each, then bought the game with a 6-month sub and proceeded to play less than an hour of it during those 6 months post-launch. I was surprised at how many players I've seen wandering around in the newbie zones, though. The population, compared to GW2 where NOBODY exists outside of the major cities, WvW, and areas that are brand new and temporary for a month, is pretty damned good to see, even though the devs appear to have made Rifts soloable, a change from launch state. Also, the way you can get a Storm Legions key for doing nothing but idling with the client open via Raptr is such a saving grace, considering Trion expects people to invest money in SL for the classes, even after F2P launches. Ridiculous.

I think there have always been soloable minor rifts. There are still random major rifts sometimes that you probably won't want to solo, if only because it would take a long time to whittle down the mobs. Keep an eye out for elite mobs at your rifts, or if you mouse over them in the map it will tell you whether they are major or minor.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Slabs posted:

Buggerlugs the mage will be wanting a guild invite when the servers stop acting up.

Gadgets is very nicely done. Will grab the others as I need 'em.

If you're going to use the auction house at all, also grab BananAH. I wrote up a guide on how to use it to make money, click my little ? over there <<<<<

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

CJ posted:

Can someone clarify, if i pick Alliance and my friend picks Horde are we still able to level and quest together on a PvE server from level 1?

No, you can't do each other's quests. Once you get to 10 you can do Instant Adventures and dungeons together, but normal PVE quests are still separate.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

anthonypants posted:

They're 1k, same as everywhere else. Are you that idiot in the world channels buying them at 800p?

How would doing that make someone an idiot?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Krabkolash posted:

Somehow, using BananAH I have some things that are not showing up in on the screen when trying to post them. Its a few artifacts and I think I accidently clicked a button to make them be ignored. But now I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

Under your list of items there should be a little search bar with a white oval or eye-looking icon. Click that icon to make it show you all the hidden stuff.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Could I get an invite for my new warrior please? Thanks.

Greggy fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 25, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

I did get the invite but hitting "Join Guild" didn't do anything, so please send a new one. Thanks!

Greggy fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 25, 2014

• Locked thread