Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
What happened to The Nazgun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Posting for a guild invite, got one. Thanks!

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 17, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
If you can wait, hold off until they start selling credits/REX on Steam and get them for 15% off from Captain Invictus.

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Jun 18, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

If you are in the guild, it will prompt you to follow us.
All I got when I logged in on Deepwood was a notice that the guild had moved. At the Transfer screen, there was a little shield icon next to Threesprings with "Everything Is Fine" in the tooltip.

Also, according to the shard status webpage, Hailol has a queue right now! Good job choosing Threesprings! :buddy:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blast of Confetti posted:

So what's this about getting good leveling gear for :10bux:? I'm all for tossing Trion a few dollars if it speeds the leveling process.
I've been playing pretty casually and I just hit 29 on a character I created on the 13th. Equipment gets thrown at you, it doesn't seem worth it. If you still want to throw money at Trion, there are other things you can buy like mounts or bag/bank slots.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Gejimayu posted:

I just found out that you need loyalty points to access the AH
Verify your e-mail address.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
How do they do the giveaways for these videos? Can I just idle in here at work, do I have to pay attention to chat?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Is it normal to win 500 Inscribed Sourcestone in one shot off a zone invasion boss?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Daerc posted:

Yeah, ISS were scaled up 50x, so that's the equivalent of what used to be 10. Certain things have been scaled up and down further (like the now useless raid rifts).
Okay, thanks. It was really weird to get only a couple dozen of the 5-30 stacks up to this point, and then get deluged with these all of a sudden.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Blast of Confetti posted:

Uhh, is Threesprings locked for anyone else? Something to do with the patch I guess?

https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/349935085526585344 posted:

Hey all - an update to the current Hot Fix in North America: The new ETA is 60 minutes, we've discovered some hardware needs to be replaced!

https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/349935551773806592 posted:

Half of the NA shards are back online while we replace hardware on the other Server Group, thanks all!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

Hmmmm, probably phase 2 of the event?
I just heard about the event here, but it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it in here. What was phase 1?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
It "hangs" at 95% for me too, but that progress bar isn't a countdown timer. It's a progress bar.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I'm fine with Hailol, or really any high pop pve server. Also, Hailol seems to have the highest pops from what I have been able to find: http://riftideas.com/shardwatch/Hailol/
gently caress yeah, queues own.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Someone else having the Rift Mobile app working like poo poo lately? It never ran super well on my android phone but lately I can't even connect to the servers. It doesn't make it better that the thing sucks a bunch of memory.
The servers on the character select screen are all showing as Offline this morning, so whatever it's been is probably getting worse.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Can anyone with a Hailol alt see how much REX are on the Hailol AH? Thinking about picking one up, but don't wanna get one on Threesprings if they are going to be cheaper after we move.
They're 1k, same as everywhere else. Are you that idiot in the world channels buying them at 800p?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Post poste posted:

We have already moved.
Also the guild is <Goon Squad> now.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why aren't we Goon Squad?
It says <Goon Squad> above my nameplate, and it says Goon Squad when I press the G button on my keyboard. I give up; why aren't we?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Drythe posted:

Someone must have changed the name. Said Goond Squad when we transfered.
Yeah, and now it says <Goon Squad>. Why is there even an argument over this, log in and look for yourself.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

WYA posted:

A PvE server? Bleh...

Eltoasto posted:

Defiant and Guardian both can join the guild, they are no longer seperated on PVE servers.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Oh gently caress, after today's server reset I got mail for Shinies games that I won last week. I thought those prizes were gone forever!

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Coolwhoami posted:

Apparently not, if a mad goon posting on the rift forums about it a few days ago is to be believed: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-discussions/general-discussion/369796-buying-rex-granting-no-loyalty-you-serious.html
How do these people think it's supposed to work? You aren't going to get Loyalty for spending plat on the AH.

Machai posted:

I was under the impression that the REX buyer gets a little loyalty too. This whole loyalty thing has me confused, I wish a CM/Dev would post an official in-depth guide to it.
http://community.riftgame.com/en/2013/05/28/walking-through-rex-gifting-in-rift-free-to-play/?????????????
https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1587???????????????????????????????????????

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 3, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Is there a player cap for the guild, or can we just add a bunch of alts?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
Guess that means I can request invites for the alts I might never play :toot:

anthonypants fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 6, 2013

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

kzin602 posted:

How worth it are the Storm Legion souls? I am currently playing a Warrior and a Cleric and I am not seeing any recommended leveling builds that use SL souls. Are they better for endgame or is it a bias because fewer people have access to those souls?
It's more that most information on this game is just really old.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

zerocrash posted:

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.
Harbinger/Chloromancer pre-50 is really, really good.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Matrim posted:

Egeus is a dumb sperglord incapable of civil conversation,
You must be new here.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

acumen posted:

For harbinger/chloro levelling, is it just meant for grinding mobs? In IA's everything seems to die too fast to even make it to melee range. I'm 36 if that helps.
You're 36 but you don't have Improved Blade Rush? Are you putting all of your points in Chloro?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Bussamove posted:

Seriously, artifact trains are the best way to get rid of ones you don't want if you're not selling them. Just ask who wants a train dropped on them in gchat and if they're cool they'll take what they need and pass it on.
You mean that isn't what the Guild Vault is for? I've been doing it all wrong :ohdear:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

necrotic posted:

I didn't realize you were Hitpeople. It all makes so much sense now.
I think he's Hatepeople now.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
For Ascend-a-Friend, how do the recruitment voucher codes work? Can two people give each other corgis, or does there need to be a one-way referral chain?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Prism posted:

an excellent virus scanner; Kaspersky
This is wrong, all wrong.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Epic High Five posted:

Goons speak through the language of guild bank swastikas as is well known
Also the guild bank is restricted to only the highest level of officers and no one can take anything out. That's why it's always so full, you see.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
In the span of like 20 minutes I found two hellbug rifts and got hellbug mounts from each of them

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Serai posted:

I got a surprise with my paycheck and decided, what the heck, lets buy this stuff. So I got the Rift + Storm collector code. Well, I only got one code. Should I have gotten two? And I apparently got the infinity version of Storm, is that the "right" one?
I was looking for the souls and bag slots for my characters.
e: I apparently got 7000 loyalty. Thats good I guess. And my patron status says 60 days remaining. Am I good then?
The Infinity Edition was the collectors/special edition of the Storm Legion expansion. It sounds like you're good.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

TheHoosier posted:

"Your guild has been transferred to Three Springs."

Oh? Okay. Well the forums tell me differently but fair enough, there's no one on.

"Your guild has been transferred to Deepwood and been renamed <Goon Squad>. You must wait 7 days to transfer again."

OH WHAT THE gently caress
Talk to a GM.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

TheHoosier posted:

Well I figured the OP was far out of date at this point like most MMO OPs. I went back a ways and saw talk of "Should we leave Three Springs?!" with no answer following except mentioning the Hailol shard. So sorry I guess for not sifting hard enough? Besides, it was a crack at the game for not just saying "Your guild has been renamed <Goon Squad>" instead of leaving out-of-date bread crumbs.

the OP is clearly far out of date posted:

Eltoasto hosed around with this message at Jul 15, 2013 around 17:11

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kiyanis posted:

I asked if there was a fix for the problem I was having with a UI, and you respond by telling me to spend hundreds of dollars. I tell you that isn't even remotely an acceptable solution, and you post what I just quoted.

Seriously step back and think about this because holy poo poo.
You could get a job at Trion Worlds and program a fix yourself. You could ignore it. You could play something else.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

SovietSteel posted:

As someone who uses a LCD TV with a 1360 x 768 resolution, even I find the text can be a pain to read without loving with scaling. Even if he is a FILTHY loving POOR, acting like it isn't an issue that Trion could look at or is immediately the fault of his monitor is ridiculous.
Kiyanis already said they put a ticket in, but they want a fix NOW. That isn't reasonable.

Unless, you know, they buy a new monitor.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Kiyanis posted:

Ah yes, NOW.

I can see how a request for a workaround such as

comes off as an immediate unreasonable demand, if you have no idea how the English language works.

Edit: Also, to

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/93038-soul-tree-window-too-large-why-cant-save-my-points.html
3rd post down: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/addons-macros-ui/315634-addon-gadgets-36.html

Totally not a problem that's been mentioned before, guys. No actual problem here.
You put a ticket in. You know how to change the UI scale. You want a "workaround" to both of those things. You are literally asking for someone to reconfigure the UI for you and two other people. You cannot fix the problem yourself, because that would require either money or effort. You consider this a reasonable request. You say you believe being told no is acceptable, but sarcasm is completely reprehensible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

a digital orc posted:

Sorry for the post necromancy, but this is the build I've been using to pve with and can't help but feel like I'm doin' it wrong.
You're quoting a post that quotes a link that was removed from the OP. So, yeah.

The actual Mage build link in the OP points to this post from May.

• Locked thread