Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Kettlepip posted:

I really liked this game a lot at launch, but quit shortly after realising that combat was essentially bashing macros and never went back. I'm not saying macros are a bad thing (they aren't); but copy / pasting the optimal list from the forum and then throwing ten abilities into a macro for your 'basic' attack just seemed pretty daft. Did this ever change?

Depends on class. Certain souls had CDs removed or lowered on abilities you really don't want to spam, but most rotations can be simplified to a few macros. I main a rogue, and in that Tac and bard is about all I can think of where macros aren't useful, but bard doesn't have that many buttons that need pressed with any frequency and tac is a pretty simple above 30%/below 30% rotation despite the number of buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

William Bear posted:

Is the goon guild on Deepwood new? I don't remember it from last time I played in December, and I hope the 200 platinum I donated was put to good use in the cash-strapped beginnings of the expasion.

Please invite me in, the name is Telum.

Same guild as before, just renamed.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Keshik posted:

Is the mumble info in the OP out of date? I joined and there's nobody in it.

That's normal. It's not yet end of the day on a weekday and most people only log into it for raids.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Madcosby posted:

I thought I'd give this is a shot and I got the raptr code, but when I try to apply said code it takes me to the purchase page on the rift site. Under my raptr account is says the code is claimed, but I don't seem to have Storm Legion.

Is there something I'm supposed to do?

Input the code at https://rift.trionworlds.com/commerce/voucher/redeem-voucher-flow.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

lovely MM macros for Karx

Woah, there's a right way and a wrong way to be lazy for MM, and macroing BE and DES into your main builder is not the way to do it (they're pretty much just to recharge energy if/when you need it). Also, it may be that I have poor luck, but macroing break free into everything seems to always result in me using it on something that was only gonna last a second or two anyway, and not having it when it'd actually be nice to have. Given that Karx is level 39, taking out break free and moving BE/DES to it's own macro would be all I'd do, but I personally do what amounts to 2+2 button marksman. I have 2 main spam buttons I hit and 2 extra buttons I hit essentially on CD, but they're long CDs. The 2 extra buttons of course being Strafe and Quick Reload.

Builder:
#show Empowered Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Free Recoil
cast Empowered Shot
cast Swift Shot

#show Rapid Fire Shot
suppressmacrofailures
cast Decoy
cast Rapid Fire Shot
cast Hasted Shot

Also, you're generally going to get a lot more damage replacing fan out in that macro with chain destruction.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

They're not in my main builder what

But yeah thanks for correcting me, I try not to give misinformation, just threw something together since he asked

Yeah, there's no problem with trying to help people (and posting what you do know is a good thing, since if you're talking about something other than rogues, you might get a response from someone who actually does complex rotations correctly and does their own research). And really I only commented on the BE/DES because it pops up from time to time on the official forums from people who last played back when Empowered Shot wasn't such a significant part of the MM DPS.

Also, I should clarify what I said earlier: having or not having Break Free in the macros is entirely personal choice, and my poor luck with it should not be seen as an attempt to dissuade you from using if it works for you.

Verranicus posted:

Thanks to you too! I've really only PVP'd as a Ranger or (on other characters way back when)Chloromancer or Pyro, so I was just curious to see if going MM would have be a marked improvement to my PVP damage over my usual Ranger PVE spec.

You don't have two of the abilities in my macros at your current level, so if you're constantly moving my macros won't actually be any different than Hashtag Yoloswag's would be, and I think one of the times I was rewriting a sentence the fact that it was for level 60 got erased :downs:.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 3, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kirtan posted:

Good news everyone!

Dev post indicates Infernal Dawn weapon skins are going into the wardrobe section on PTS soon. Soooo it may be not necessary to do an ID run.

Not the reason Tsu wants an ID run. Not the reason at all.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

mr. nazi posted:

Tomahawk I got you covered, watch for an email titled GOON SURPRISE (not goatse)

The parenthetical text will totally be lying, but there might also be a pleasant surprise.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Also it seems like you get loyalty equal to double the amount of Credits you purchase, as well as double the amount you spend. I bought 3250 and spent 3248, putting me at 12996/30000 through green tier.

I think there's some 1 credit items in the dimensions tab if you want to spend those last 2 credits.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

mr. nobody posted:

Add all the alts you want

edit: I have been subscribed since release, and have an active sub out until april 2014, and I have ~3500 credits on my account.

I realize you get patron benefits for the remaining sub time, but the actual number of credits for alllllll that sub time is pretty small. Bit disappointed there.

I think the main thing you get for past subscription time is going to be loyalty, not credits. Or at least that's how I understood it from their original posts on the matter.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

rawr im a tree posted:

In as Arroyo and Speero, looking for a guild invite!

edit: Although after 35 minutes of this ...

Pssh, their time estimates are amazing:

e: position keeps going down, time keeps going up. :hellyeah:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Mead barrel mounts, a dozen kinds of corgi pets, chefs hats and spoons.

Trion is going to make a killing. A killing

Pretty soon SOE is going to stop work on guns for florescent pink faerie wings that flap when you move. I love Trion.

Oh, and just so you guys know, the cleric pants you get in the future at the very beginning (ascended pants or whatever) are the most scandalous pants I've ever seen in my life. And are totally impossible to get if you've already sold them from when you started. I may never go back to Rohypnotist because I look AMAZING with my sheer underwear+single shoulder pad+bowler hat

Speaking of which, I really, really hope they introduce something similar to Sean Connery's get up from Zardoz for male characters some time in the future. Trolling people while wearing that with a Bahmi would be amazing.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

So uh, apparently changing race from a bahmi to anything else results in a white face with green lips. hmmm.

This is one of those bugs that just happens every once in a while, regardless of race. I've had it on Loracia (female eth) and Coctopus (male bahmi).

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

deimos posted:

Unless your character is bugged god. drat. Trion.

Translation: you're hosed and that goddamn button will be shiny forever.

I had that with Weapon Barrage for the longest time after they removed damage from interrupts (it fixed itself in one of the 2.1 hotfixes :iiam:). Fortunately, outside of a few fights in ID, I think sabdancer was the last time I really used BD in any meaningful manner, so it wasn't really something that bugged me.

deimos posted:

Also, welcome back calling-specific trinkets:

Yeah, I don't know if they actually did too much, but one of the things discussed a lot when GA was being made was doing a lot of multi-path trinkets, but they may have just done a lot of calling-specific ones :(.

e: oh hey, when did the forums go back to doing l-to-r parsing for smilies? I realized after I posted that the smilies + parentheses might gently caress up and was about to edit it when I saw it worked as I expected.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 18, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Actual positives and negatives that are immediately obvious as to the transfer.

Positives:
Few premade groups in pvp (this is literally the same thing as saying no Seastone).

Guild we actually have a working relationship to possibly raid with.

The server we are on is one that is actually open to transfers.

Holy gently caress we might be one of the best guilds progression-wise on the server.

Negatives:
Crossevents@Laethys is, at best, a pale imitation of Crossevents@Faeblight, and hardly anyone uses it.

Three Springs is pretty empty compared to Deepwood, not just in the AH, but in the open world and events and everything else. Pretty much everything on Crossevents that I saw was on the Wolfsbane server, so I'd expect to be there if you're doing stuff or maybe on Laethys if it's fairly late and you're trying to do stuff.

Holy gently caress we might be one of the best guilds progression-wise on the server.

Comedic:
If we'd transferred to Shatterbone we could have had Roughraptors in our regular 60 chat. Which is probably why we didn't transfer to Shatterbone (see leaving Zoness behind being listed as a bullet point). Also, I'm not actually sure if I'm in 60 chat on our current server since I've not seen anybody talk in it.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

deimos posted:

Stop deluding yourselves, Aegis is on our server.

Which is kind of amazing since I remember when they transferred to Deepwood to try to recruit. Seriously though, it looks like there are 2 raiding guilds on server, Aegis and Transience. I've not seen any other guilds list themselves as better than 2/4 and Threesprings used to be fairly decent as far as that stuff goes. Wrath and Nixilus at least used to be clear old content before new arrived, and they seem to have gone poof.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

boho posted:

The Black Garden Domination change sure as hell happened fast. There must have been a ton of bitching about it, since I submitted feedback suggesting a drop to 500 last night.

When Daglar originally talked about them, he said 500 points. The 1000 was actually a gently caress up.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

KaneTW posted:

Mage tank.

Mage tank mage tank mage tank mage tank.

This can't come soon enough. This really can't

One positive this will induce is the introduction of a second set of end lessers with int/wis, meaning clerics should likely be given less of the short end of the stick in that manner (when they convert them to the 174 end proc greater).

It'll be pretty interesting though to see how and how well the rogue soul heals. Might further kill 61 bard and kill tacbard in one fell swoop. Or it could be almost entirely single target, which would be interesting in its own way.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Globofglob posted:

How do you even 69 in a video game?

Well the :black101: way is to get 69 dwarf corpses into a trunk and throw it at someone. But this game has neither player movable trunks nor corpses, merely dwarf corpses in trunks.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

So Mages are getting a tank soul maybe possibly?

Yeah, plan seems to be warrior/rogue healing souls, cleric buffing soul (will likely either fall into the same niche as bm or archon, or will pair up with bm to cover virtually all of the buffs in the same way bard+archon does now) and a mage tanking soul.

Also, surprise of surprises, the rogue listed abilities are single target (plus sometimes the rogue as well). It certainly seems interesting, and I know I'd be willing to give it a shot when it eventually drop (because why the gently caress not really). Hybrid specs seem like they might be interesting with tact or bard and a new healing soul as well.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Zoness posted:

It's probably because trion neglects the poo poo out of clerics and won't be making a major change to cleric until 2.4

Jokes on you. 2.4 IS 3.0. (insert retarded ff13 to ff15 graphic here)

DancingShade posted:

Well I just got a cleric to 60 after not having played much since before SL was a thing. I still like the class enough to play it, but I'm cognisant that warriors/rogues generally make better tanks/DPS while mages DPS/heal better. Or at least that's how it was back during HK/ID anyway and I can't imagine things have changed that much. The mantra was 1-2 clerics maximum in a 20 man back then, if I recall correctly.

Good for generally mucking about though and I do still like the class.

Realistically it depends. We've had a few pubbie cleric inquisitor DPS that worked really well and were putting up 14k on the first two fights of EE, which you're realistically not going to complain about. Additionally defiler is a necessity to raids, with a good one putting out decent DPS and HPS and keeping your tank(s) up. Also there are fights where warden just works a lot better than chloro if you're trying to do it with only a defiler as extra heals, like the last fight of TDQ, and puri is a great gently caress you to the rest of the raids HPS against most raid bosses.

Kyrosiris posted:

I thought that's what Shaman was.

(Also Cabfiler is fun and interesting. :colbert:)

Every time I've brought shaman up, I've been bitched at that it's only good in 1 fight on the tier 1 raids. hosed if I know why when rogue and warrior melee is good on every fight in FT and at least the first 2 in EE and TDQ, but then again I wasn't a huge fan of playing clerics when I was raiding HK with it in the alt raids (but it was so easy to level as).

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Zoness posted:

What were you guys trying to do :psyduck:

We just moved the people who got them off the stack. Wasn't a big deal since everyone was ranged to begin with, though Antaris died to something and knowing that's how it work would've made it easier to know where to spread to.

e: only way picture would have been better would have been to show the lovely cleric gloves that dropped as well, but unfortunately Alistara ressed us rather than looting the corpse :(.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 25, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

anthonypants posted:

Is it normal to win 500 Inscribed Sourcestone in one shot off a zone invasion boss?

Yeah, ISS were scaled up 50x, so that's the equivalent of what used to be 10. Certain things have been scaled up and down further (like the now useless raid rifts).

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

deimos posted:

Oh god what does this mean?

A few streams ago they mentioned them as being black or white regardless of base material, so you can actually get said colors on all materials.

deadtear posted:

They mentioned it on the stream when they were splitting the NA into 2 clusters, but I think they're supposed to show up as actual black and white instead of kind of grayish.

Are those warrior changes nerfs or buffs after taking into account damage mods?

Paragon is probably a nerf, riftblade is probably largely unchanged.

e: Checking in with some Deepwood warriors I know, they're saying pure paragon is a slight nerf, hybrid paragon and RB are slightly ahead of where they were.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 26, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

Guaranteed Hedo will attempt to cleave kill me and wipe the raid.

We have to get to Kain for you to step in front of the boss. :smith:

Fortunately Kain's the second boss. :unsmith::hf::getin:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Carteret posted:

I can't wait to raid with you people. :allears:

I am amused that without context I can tell you who was being insulted (it was Kreczor), but not the name of the person doing the insulting, nor why they are insulting Kreczor.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Krabkolash posted:

Somehow, using BananAH I have some things that are not showing up in on the screen when trying to post them. Its a few artifacts and I think I accidently clicked a button to make them be ignored. But now I don't know how to undo it. Any ideas?

There's a little eye in the box for each item in the little box on the left side (where your items show up). There's a similar closed eye at the bottom of that. Click the closed eye and all the hidden items will appear again.

Here, have a picture stolen from Curse and modified by me.

Red-orange is the icon you clicked. Teal is the icon you want to click to see the things you accidentally hid before.

eye-con :mmmhmm:

Machai posted:

If you just use clerics as healers, 3 should be fine. Maybe 4 for Crucia. 1 Warden (2 when learning Crucia), 1 Puri, 1 Defiler works fine for most if not all fights. We usually run 4-5 and one is our main tank and another is usually DPS.

The 3 that Kreczor mentioned was including one of our main tanks, our defiler and one of our warriors switching to a barely geared cleric for healing duties.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

Everyone is horrible, but with goons you can yell at them and teach them fights in mumble whereas all pubbies are dumb without exception.

Submit a ticket and I'm sure you can get the transfer done.

The reason they disallowed it was that because the databases are not quite the same, it can gently caress with all sorts of things and requires all sorts of manual fixing from both ends to get it working properly.

e:

deimos posted:

Not only that, if I remember correctly EU and NA use very slightly different schemas on their database to handle languages.

That's what I was thinking of, couldn't think of the god drat term.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 2, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

lsp posted:

I seem to have run into a bug,

Good news! I can replicate it!

(Hi Murven, nice flowers)

The flowers are for Kaaz'Ra, Murven's one true love.

Or maybe he couldn't stop staring at the world boss because he's bad at mechanics. One or the other.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

necrotic posted:

Raid party

Knew I should have gotten this up right quick when I took it.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

necrotic posted:

How would people feel about doing HK and then (maybe, hopefully) ID on Tuesday night? If we don't get to ID on Tuesday we could do it the next week.

As I recall the major thing stopping us last time we attempted to do ID was that only Hedo and I were available of the people who tank, and the thing that stopped us the time before that was that there are actual mechanics and they do enough damage for them to not be completely ignorable (which is god drat impressive when I have more health fully buffed in MM than I did when I was tanking Ituziel).

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

deimos posted:

I think the biggest problem was that we had ~5? people.

The most recent time? Yeah, 11 people, 5 60s, and of course it's difficult to get hit or much of anything else relevant to even doing old content sub-60.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

deimos posted:

The second boss is fun as gently caress but has many personal responsibility aspects, mostly involving being personally responsible and moving the gently caress out of rectangular AEs. The fight is so hectic I am pretty sure the first time we kill him we won't be able to tell until it's done because personally I have never been able to watch the boss' HP during it.

I was able to start catching at glimpse at my KBM percentage every once in a while. Once beacons come in that goes out the loving window though.

deimos posted:

As far as we have seen EVERY fight has a personal responsibility component:
- You know when you should die on an FT fight to stupid poo poo and AEs how you get your rear end saved by Egeus? That can't happen on GA fight.

This isn't completely true. Egeus can save you from loving up mechanics once. I mean you will die later because you can't get a shield at a time when the healers are moving and there's AoE damage going out or you aren't at full health during the 18k downpour or something, but you'll stay up for a little bit.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

necrotic posted:

At least we found a way to make the first packs, uh, easier.

Lots of packs can be avoided by the tried and true 'run the gently caress past it because it doesn't drop anything and is literally just in the game to waste your time because whoever designed it is a complete and total rear end in a top hat' method. Only need to kill 3 packs to fight the first two bosses.

e: also Tsu and I leave the dying part of this plan to you plebs without assassin.

Daerc fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jul 8, 2013

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

I don't play my rogue very much, but can't he just like, sprint/hop around the room then go stealth mid-combat?

Not with that trash. Without a full tank spec you go splat pretty drat quickly. Much quicker to just not deal with shenanigans and have everyone follow the tanks.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Hah, I realized that after a bit. At first I just thought she had most of us local muted on mumble :3:

Pssh, important part of banter (whetstone chat, my crossfire disappointment and "Oh no decoy, you gotta stack. There you go.") was all included. I also love how the dragon conversation starts at about the same time as Crucia hits 60%.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

zerocrash posted:

Tactician I found stopped being useful for leveling after you leave the first Storm Legion zone. Everything just starts to hit too hard and its self healing can't keep up anymore but before then it's pretty good. Harbinger though is really good, especially when paired with chloromancer. I'm not sure how good it is pre-50 but I made the spec during Rift's Storm Legion beta and it's still the spec I use now at level 60 soloing.

Yeah, the reason it's suggested for so many rogue builds isn't so much that its self healing is great (it's good, and gets better when you get cores and such, but you do will lose battles of attrition), but rather that the self-healing options in rogue are otherwise poor. Its 4-7 points on a soul that wouldn't be doing all that much in another soul and drastically improves your survivability.

The thing it best compares to is leeching poison from assassin, which heals about 25% more, but only goes off 50% of the time you're doing single target attacks, as opposed to up to once per second while you're being hit. Assassin also has enduring brew, which is practically non-scaling for how little stats add to its effects, but in my assassin soloing spec it's a little over a quarter of my health.

There's also other healing abilities available to rogue, like meditative trance in BD, which is pretty much equivalent to a warden coming by and putting their weakest hot on you while stealing your combo points. It gives you DD procs, but for how little it heals its probably better to use a real finisher. There's also bard, and if you have full stacks of their crap from using bard finishers, cadence will heal you as much as being hit would in tact, with the potential benefit of being able to split your cadence to tickle 3 enemies to triple your self-healing. Riftstalker also brings a bit of self-healing with boosted recovery healing you for killing things and giving a bit more survivability (and 11 points gives you a charge as well, which pairs up nicely with the 4 tact needs).

That having been said, I generally just run my tact aoe dps spec while soloing because the alternatives are largely not worth switching to (should swap my other specs out and bring back the NB one to lie largely unused, but :effort:)

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Honest Hoom's Artifact Emporium: "You won't find an artifact for less, and if you do, we'll cut that motherfucker. And that's a promise."

Pssh, a decent number of the "friends" he makes in trade chat end up getting some kind of ban for spewing racial epithets or calling him a human being, so he doesn't even need to cut people.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

KaneTW posted:

What are the UI mods that you use because that looks super rad.

Dunno about the bar in the top left for timing of buffs and such, but the frames are Gadgets. The DPS meter is Rift Meter. The brez indicator and any mechanics popups are from KBM, and the thing he uses to swap roles is Roles.

Oh, and I "discovered" an old as hell non-updated function in Rift. Apparently /dumpraid will dump the people in your raid into an xml file. Largely irrelevant, but I found the following amusing.

code:
<Name>Kreczor</Name>
<Disconnected>True</Disconnected>
e: It's not updated because it still just dumps all of its poo poo into your Rift folder, not my documents or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Kreczor posted:

It looks like butts. :colbert:

Oh man, you should have seen the glorious precursors to Gadgets then.

This piece of poo poo? I don't know the name. I can't find a god drat reference to it anywhere, but I have a screenshot of it. It was terrible, literally lost functionality from the regular unit frames and raid frames. Also as far as I recall you could only position poo poo and change what the frames looked like.

This was MyUI, and it was decent. It incorporated certain functions from the regular unit and raid frames and generally wasn't a terrible resource hog, but it was also ugly and on certain encounters you needed to whitelist only the cleansable debuffs, since that didn't seem to be in the API at the time for whatever reason (by that I mean it took a few months for anyone to do it, and then the few frames that were still being updated all did it simultaneously).

• Locked thread