Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So I want to get back into the game and was hoping to get some advice. I want to either play a dps warrior or cleric using a big ol 2 hander, I'm just having hard time picking souls, anyone have some suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Zoness posted:

Warriors IIRC grind mobs in Champ/Warlord or Tempest depending on if you want to chain-pull AoE or erase Single Target mobs (this is based on what people used on release).

Grinding as a cleric you can either destroy mobs ST as inquisitor or use Cab-Defiler to have your beacon bring all the boys to the yard and then AoE them down. There's also some druid grind spec but I never used it v:shobon:v.

Currently warriors have a variety of useful souls for raid encounters (I think our warriors use all 4 dps souls even!) and a variety of tank souls which are pretty cool. If you want to do damage end-game as a cleric your main options in raid are going to be Shaman (whack things with hammers and big sticks) and sometimes Inquisitor(shoot lasers). Shaman is pretty much going to outperform inquisitor except when the fight is extremely not melee friendly or if you need purges.

Clerics have a variety of specialized healing options, with one soul better for reactive general healing in small groups and the other three all see raid utilization. Also they tank by healing.

Sweet, thanks that helps a lot. Also how do I choose which souls I use? When I made my character I only had the premade options. I just used the raptr code too, so it's a full account too.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
So, how is riftblade for leveling/dps. I made a shaman because I couldn't get rift lade to work right, but I like the idea behind the soul. I then saw that rb/tempest build a few pages back and was wondering which build is better, shaman or riftblade? I'm too indecisive so I need help choosing. Thanks.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

...Riftblade is a Warrior soul and Shaman is a Cleric soul so I'm not sure what you're trying to decide here. :v:

Well yea that what I'm trying to decide, cleric or warrior melee dps.

E: sorry, I mainly just want to know if riftblade is viable dps, or if I should go with shaman for dps. Its bothering me because I can't decide if I like clerics or warriors better.

Elblanco fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 24, 2013

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Could I get an invite for grumbar and elblanco.

• Locked thread