Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Dev roundup:

-No cash shop ads outside of a couple things on the patcher
-possibly priority queue to log into servers for subscribers
-lapses in sub time won't affect your total time subbed
-there'll be some exclusives to the cash shop (of course, but I doubt they'll be statted)
-barbershop stays the same, but race/sex changes cost credits (TRANS CHARACTERRRRRS the RP community is gonna go nuts)
-no new hairstyles in June, but sometime soon?
-race/faction changes aren't linked, so you could be a dirty dwarf but we'd still maybe let you into Meridian I guess
-weapon appearances: apply appearances of one type to another weapon of the same type (1 handers to 1 handers, 2 handers to 2 handers, no 2 handers to 1 handed weapons). Interestingly, could make a dagger into a 1 handed mace. Both weapons stick around, so you aren't using up one to change the appearance of another.
-future expansions: content would be free but classes/races would cost extra.

Source: the dev tracker on the forums

Holy poo poo look at this dapper coat (posting from phone, otherwise I'd inline it): http://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/335134192306372609/photo/1

Plus... Rune Unsocketing Apparatus? Planar Essence Removal Device? Tell me moooooore

Kirtan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Oh poo poo, raid gear on the store! It's only buyable with Infinity Stones though. Pants and Chest were 8750 IS each.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Daglar said they "may" look into making it not apply to current-tier. It's pretty hosed up.

Image linked since it's on someone's photobucket.

Dag also said it was the same as the Patron bonuses.

I don't see what the big issue is, I guess. The credit cost for the Torvan/Lycini essences is a bit frustrating, and I hope they remove it, but everything else looks fine. I fully expect things to change before it goes live. The threadnaught on the official forums is hilarious.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

If you want to be competitive in raiding, and that applies to the new tier 2 raid stones, you will basically be expected to have those running at all times.

Given that being a patron has no point stipend, that's basically saying that if you want to raid at the top levels, you basically have to spend (assuming the current hypothetical 160 credits:$1 ratio) $3 every two hours, which is hosed up.

If you're a "competitive raider" and it's taking you more than 7 hours a week to complete the current content I feel like that's a problem. Also, having that running at all times seems foolish. You know when you're about to beat a boss. Just pop the vial then and be good for an hour.

But then, I'm not a "competitive raider" so maybe that's why it's not bothering me. I can see where someone might be upset because of theoretical fringe cases, but I don't see this as a constant issue.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Demon Theory posted:

So there is legit open world PvP, even if it is grief oriented?

OWPVP is really bad in Rift. So much of Rift is doing things like Zone Events and if there aren't many of your side on, you won't get completion credit for the event because you spent the entire event dying and respawning. Just play Conquest or Warfronts for your fix.

I say this as a guy who leveled to 50 and did a great deal of progression through a PVP shard. It's terrible.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Well I know the first thing I am spending credits on:

Also Zoness it looks like the token boost no longer applies to frozen eclipse stones. So pro raiders will no longer have to sell their plasma.

Where'd you find this? Got links to more new store stuff?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Uh, you can see them in the store on the PTS. They have added a ton of new costume stuff, and combine that with having easy access to any armor in the game. That Salvarola helm is odd in that it's just a helm and shoulders instead of being a complete outfit.

Ah. Wasn't sure if there was a repository of images of the costume pieces out there. I haven't gotten onto the PTS yet.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Is it 39 Expert marks to upgrade all of the trinkets (specifically, the Spectral Hand)? I'd hop on the PTS to check but I had to clean-install Windows yesterday due to a hard drive failure.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Zoness posted:

Now I'm really regretting spending 100+ marks on blue tank gear for a stupid bug. :argh:

That'll teach me to neglect tank gear! Guess I need to farm some daily experts again (sitting at an anemic 19 marks right now :qq:)!

What the... :ohdear:. It better be only cosmetics on launch like DotA chests (the apparently low stats do point to this at least). And of course NOBODY posts how that stuff looks :argh:.

On Friday, I jumped on the PTS and opened a few with Loracia and Tsu. It's all superbullshit stuff, stuff you won't want. Save your credits for wardrobe slots (they get expensive, 400 credits per slot for the last 10 or so).

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

necrotic posted:

Oh that sounds like fun.

Count me in.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Good news everyone!

Dev post indicates Infernal Dawn weapon skins are going into the wardrobe section on PTS soon. Soooo it may be not necessary to do an ID run.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Daerc posted:

Not the reason Tsu wants an ID run. Not the reason at all.

I'm sure he just wants a hat or a fire raptor and heck, I'll take one too, and I'd also love to see the Laethys and Maelforge fights, but ugh mechanics

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
We're nice people and the reason we passed on the loot is we like you and generally want you to come back. So please do.

And maybe consider not taking that passed-on loot because bitter vets are fragile creatures.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Dunno if this was already posted, but Trion confirmed yesterday that all credits spent on the PTS shop before 2.3 launch will get reimbursed 200%. Previously it was 150%-200% with no one clear on how to get 200%, but now we know its across the board. Go give Trion money and have all the credits forever and ever.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'll be there for GA, but as I said in Mumble I'm in a 200 person queue with the estimated wait time being 20 minutes or so

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Question for the higher-ups: What's the plan for tonight? I'd assume Crucia would be the default, but now half the raid group is elsewhere.

Grim Awakening?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Ninkobei posted:

Well that is unfortunate. I had planned to start SL at 48 just because of how quickly the levels are supposed to fly. Are attunement levels that difficult to get later on, or is everyone pretty much maxed out by 60 anyway? If so I don't mind losing a few early in exchange for not spending 3 hours going from 49-50.

I've been playing since launch and while I'm no poopsocker, I have a healthy /played. I'm nowhere near maxed on Planar Attunement. But leveling PA slows down the more levels you have. Take the "free" levels while you can and just IA or PVP to 50.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Are we doing the whole Generally Good raid buddy thing tonight? Or trying to do our own thing? I ask cause there's a lack of duders signed up for this GG raid.

Or maybe we try GA again?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I won't be able to make it tonight. Will try to be on tomorrow evening for GA.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Look I'm kinda leaning towards Faeblight now, good lord

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

YAY congrats! Sorry I couldn't be there, I've been slammed at work. That's changing soon!

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Pro-click.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Keshik posted:

Congratulations on the Crucia kill, wish I could have been there. I hate having a job. :(

Hopefully we'll get her on Wednesday night! :)

Yeah, congrats! My vacation season ended this past Sunday so I'll be raiding much more consistently. Here's to a full clear Wednesday night!

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I like the idea of Point to Point. Drop it as we go into the fight, drop the other as soon as we enter Molinar.

I was actually thinking about that DPS problem. We don't seem to be able to recover when Reggie goes Eye first. I think holding FP would be a good tactic, and then we might always hit Tentacles first.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

necrotic posted:

Not going to be around tonight, and I will be out of town all next week. Kill that Reg guy while I'm gone!

Just a reminder that this applies to me as well. Reggie better be on farm.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
The new armor models are pretty bad. Every class looks the same.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'm back from vacation! I'll be along tomorrow night to help clear trash bosses if no one else needs in.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
So I was able to find some upcoming free time where I'll have a chance to work on getting Venerated in Lycini and Torvan. What's the accepted best way to hit this the fastest?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Spent the last few days getting the BIS seal, cape, and Torvan essences. Success! I no longer feel like a huge slacker.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

necrotic posted:

Looks like you left out Lycini essences. Get back to work!

For some reason Lycini is 40k behind, and the Torvan essences are good enough for now. Lycini will come when I get another space of time... Eventually.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Rogue dps dagger dropped off Crucia last night.

Fffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I have Bladedancer questions. Currently, the best I can pull is something like 15k single target, but it'll drop off after a time. Apparently, I'm not doing something right!

My current rotation looks something like this:
Flash of Steel>Binary>Blade and Soul>Dauntless
QS>BS>PS>BS>Double and repeat a billion times until dauntless falls off

In between that, I'm sprinkling Double Coup, Fated Blades, Dualism, and Blade Tempo in about that order. For buffs, I've got Virulent Poison, Leeching Poison, and Combat Prep.

I'm stumped. Help please?

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
The Massive Egg nerf to Eggtenders should actually help with us hitting the DPS check.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'm being held over at work tonight to do some kind of verification thing for new software, so I'm not able to make it. I'll be back Monday for Progression Night though.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

anthonypants posted:

Maybe raid times should be later in the day.

9 to 12 eastern is pretty late in the day.

For me, I'm gonna try my butt off to be there but I may have to take my wife to get her car from the shop right before raid. If this happens I'm more than happy to sit out Reggie for some other scrub and rotate in for the progression stuff.

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
I'm being kept late again today. gently caress real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirtan
May 17, 2011
Work continues to conspire against my free time, and I cannot make it again tonight. Kill the eggs or something new for me!

• Locked thread