Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

As much hate as point-to-point gets it's actually a really useful ability on certain encounters. It's basically a DPS gain on Regulos Phase 1 and Transition 1 using our strategy, for starters.

Most fights (read: every other raid encounter in the game) have execution strategies that make it less necessary but it's the kind of ability that can really make an encounter simpler if used well by the raid.

have you tried using it on jultharin to skip a few waves of wisps? i've never seen it before, just curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
if you haven't been promoted i suggest whispering hedonism with the word "yolo" repeatedly until he promotes you

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Rianeva posted:

There are ring, trinket, and seal runes; you unlock them with rep grinds in Dendrome (I think there are three? Achyati, Empyreal Alliance, and one other.)

any more info on these? i must have all the endurance. all of it. :getin:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Demon Theory posted:

So there is legit open world PvP, even if it is grief oriented?

i originally leveled to 60 on seastone before transferring off because of how annoying it was trying to farm world events as guardian.

it's not really grief oriented, more like perpetually irritating. the world pvp in this game isn't particularly fun given the awful balance and lack of support from trion, and since the builds are so fragmented (and you're pigeonholed into a certain build pretty often) you'll end up doing pvp while in a farming or pve tank/dps build, which is boring as all hell.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
there was some pretty heinous lag last night when we were doing tdq (i channeled storm torrent for a good 45 seconds at one point). apparently verizon were having issues, but i noticed it too even though i'm in london. i was in hong kong recently and i had a pretty high ping (350?) but i wasn't spiking, which was odd.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

It's me, I'll be the one that goes fuckgoons.

nope. dibs

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Asking one last time, maybe someone can answer?

IA's really are a blast to level with. You just enter and run around with a mob killing poo poo and not worrying about anything.

raids are at 2am-5am london time, which is 3am-6am in germany, on thursday, friday and tuesday mornings. i'm a maintank so i generally show up to all of them, but hey, if you show up, you'll probably get a spot. just have 400 hit and know how to play your class in a dps or support role.

also, i probably won't be around this week for raids, gonna be hella busy overseas.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
invited people up to here~

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Thoom posted:

Played for a couple months after launch and looking at coming back.

Which tank soul has the highest skill cap and/or the most active mitigation? I'm ideally looking for something like the DK from WoW that's kind of squishy on its own but has tons of survival cooldowns and cheap tricks to avoid damage.

riftstalker (rogue). you won't find a tank class with as much healing as a blood dk, but rogues have the most active mit/are the most cooldown and mobility based tanks.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

I mean, I love the 3rd and last boss of the dungeon, those mechanics are great. The second boss isn't so bad either what with the eating of his own creations or whatnot. The first boss is horrible since no tank seems to know what to do, and the fourth is, as vandee put it so nicely, :catdrugs:.

I don't mind running it, and it might finally give me a reason to nail down my tempest rotation since I never seem to want to learn it in a real boss situation. I feel like I'm just complaining for the sake of it so I'll shut up about my stupid problems. On that note, I haven't been reading a lot of the information on the f2p change. For those of us who still want to subscribe to RIFT, is that still possible? Or is it that I would just have to "purchase a patron pass" every month? Is there a big infodump I can go read about this? The F2P page on their site doesn't give all the info I'm looking for.

one day you will get a bad pug group and wipe 30 times on emphalea and never want to see the inside of that horrible shitfest again

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the warrior tanking souls are getting changed next patch so that the mitigation is better spread out between the 3 trees. if anyone is spergy enough to want to know, here is the spreadsheet with the new top mitigation builds for 2.3 and here are the patch notes.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
after the server fuckery a few hours ago it seems raid locks have been reset. i don't know if trion will do a rollback but hey, if they don't, cool, free stones :toot:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Pyros are the bane of my existence when I go ham as a Riftblade.

Go Riftblade or go home :colbert:

Anyway as far as callings and generally corresponding raid roles go right now, if you're trying to weigh classes by endgame:

Warriors: Tank or DPS
Rogues: Tank or DPS or Bard
Clerics: Tank or Heals or DPS
Mages: Heals or DPS or Archon

Note: Trion has a terrible track record of making Clerics good at DPS. I don't think you'll ever be kicked out of a goon thing for DPSing as a cleric but a lot of pugs will get mad at a cleric who wants to dps (not that it will matter).

SL 20-man Fight compositions generally run:

1 Bard
1 Archon
2-3 Tanks
2 Chloros
2-3 Cleric Healers
(The rest is DPS).

Basically the idea is there's always a lot more room for DPS but every class has a bunch of good roles to play with choices.

have you ever run a beastmaster? the only times we've ran one they've been ridiculously good, especially since they can do their flaring power equivalent whenever without waiting for charge, and they have tank cooldowns.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
i got bored

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEGNb3XIwA8

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
invites caught up to here. if you decline the invite and someone has to invite you again i swear to god i will go loving ham sandwich on your rear end :black101:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

madstrike posted:

From what I've seen, transfers between EU <-> NA were prone to issues because it was between 2 different servers. NA shards AT THAT TIME were all on the same server, so there were no issues. However, this week, they split the NA shards into 2 servers, hence why i asked.

the na-eu transfers were a problem because they were in different datacenters. both na clusters are in the same datacenter.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

Stop deluding yourselves, Aegis is on our server.

ya but i've downed goloch so technically we own :smug:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about being compared to Roughraptors, but he's not the worst person to be compared to at least!

Also confirming that Kyzan is a nuts-hard dps check :smith:.

You could be like Dragongem and have only Crucia downed in FT :v:.

woah woah woah. you will never be as horrible as roughraptors.

also what's the tank damage like on kyzan? while we do have strong dps in our t2 10man group i feel like the 6-8k dps i can pull as vk would be useful.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
invites should be caught up. if you didn't get one, bug royalsx ingame.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

EAT DIRT KALIBAN

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
i wont be on for a couple of days - a very close friend of mine died this morning. i will be flying out tonight to attend her funeral and taking some personal time, and probably wont be back until july 8.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
did team yolo try kaliban this week? it's probably easier with one tank and a good ranged dps on boulders. and how did goonraiding go?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

Figuring out how to :airquote:do:airquote: trash in GA was the best part, our next run will be smoother.

so we dont have to do that awful harb tank swap + glaring zephyr anymore? :toot:

rip tacspin though

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

Always so quick to put me down.

So, are we putting down Crucia on wednesday? Come on folks, she ain't that hard!

Also, for the love of god we need more clerics and less mages.

crucia is easier than twins once you learn the mechanics and has a lower dps check than kain or matriarch. but learning the mechanics is the hard part, since the fight is split into three stages and the final stage is split into 3 stages too. above that, you need someone reliable in the mech and solid healers.

i'll be back on saturday and hopefully deepwood will still be open to transfers. if that looks like it's going to change some time before then, i'd appreciate if someone could transfer royals to deepwood (shoot me a pm/steam msg).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

So I got my warrior to 60 at 3am this morning. Got into an expert a few hours ago(AoF). I topped the charts in AoE and ST melee damage. However, I came in second when it came to ranged dps. My gear is BiS crafted helm, ring*2, polearm, belt, and with a bunch of other gear ranging from level 54 to 58. Got conquest base trinket and level 60 essences in my focus 39str 19ap ones in all slots.

it's not really much help if you don't post a st/aoe dummy parse, but you're missing a couple of things. the crafted polearm, while having lots of crit power, has lower weapon dps, which is an immense dps loss compared to any level 60 weapon (from normals or experts, world gear, anything). this is why it's easier to dual wield, as the mainhand's dps is what matters so the offhand can act as a statstick and you can get an offhand with crit power and not worry about the dps on it. you're also misisng the bis essences which is a big dps loss (critpower epics/relics from venerated torvan + lycini, and the crit power/ap essences from the death/life raid rifts and blues from torvan/lycini rep before you get those) and a ton of non-crafted pieces by the sound of it. here is the BIS gear list for warriors. you want to concentrate on crit power over AP (except for weapons), and the stat priority goes something like this:

WEAPON DPS >>>>>>> crit power >>> ap > strength > phys crit > dex

which means you should be runing crit power on your boots, ap/dex on your chest and str everywhere else.

SlayVus posted:

I guess I need to work on my tempest rotations, but I always find there is about a .5 second wait between getting all my combo points and waiting for one of my finishers. Also, should I be using both the channeled abilities or just one? I know one is for AoE and the other st.

Edit: I'm using all the DPS builds in the OP.

the tempest rotation is very clean and this shouldn't be happening; your lack of parse here makes it hard to find where your mistake is. however, in a single target rotation, you shouldn't be using storm torrent, and you can avoid clipping entirely if you pull it off properly. here's my rotation (i've edited it a little for eu ping):

code:
starting with 3 combat points
(focused fire)
arc - charged pulse + double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
lightning torrent

arc - charged pulse, double pulse - flamespear - electricity blast
skyfall
shock pulse - dual pulse
electricity cascade
shock pulse 
fiery burst
shock pulse x3 - work in a delayed blast here
everything on the same line can be put into a single macro (in that order, ofc). if you don't have to deal with 150-200 ping, you can use a 2pt fiery burst instead of a 1pt.

e: also make sure you have the right synergy crystal, as it is a big dps gain

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 3, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
the only reason i bother subbing is because of the patron vials. increasing rep/token gains by 40% is more useful than anything from loyalty.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kreczor posted:

You'd be getting the same bonuses from just buying the 30-day patron passes in the store. Unless Trion addresses the issue of patron pass buyers getting twice the amount of loyalty as subscribers, I highly doubt it's worth it to stay subscribed. Just drop $20/month on credits, buy a 30-day and some cool skin or something.

the patron passes are non-recurring, so if you have a 3month or longer recurring sub it's less expensive to take that and buy credits. plus the only things i'd buy now are rune unsocketing things for gear upgrades, since the relic runes are hella expensive.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
are there any plans to do GA tonight?

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Matrim posted:

I'm compiling Dendrome dailies for anyone (everyone) that needs shitloads of IS. Please contribute if you see something I miss, thanks!

Dailies in Dendrome

Hailol
Birch - Fun Time Having - Complete Hailol Footholds 0/3 150 IS
Rosepetal - Merciful Motes - Collect Motes of Fae Power 0/50 180 IS
The Green Faerie - Bid Bad Bugs - Kill Architects inside Hive Kaaz'Gfuu 0/20 180 IS (group quest)
Ragairn - Vital Resources - Collect Pure Honey 0/12 180 IS
Sir Kirby - Onslaught: The Place of Dogs - Defend Haimad from Invasions 0/20 180 IS

The Solstice Tower
Alaric - Extermination: Kaaz'icht - Kill Overseer Kaaz'Icht 180 IS (group quest)
Zirina Yor - Stronghold Assault - Defend Empyreal Strongholds 0/3 300 IS

Achyati Village
Oglorn Rhom - Life Struck - Kill Crater Trolls and Brutes 0/6, Kill Arak spiders 0/6 180 IS (group quest)
Nimu Oro - Crater Conversion - Empower the Aenaris 0/4 180 IS
Suryasta Tibba - Depleting the Reserves - Destroy Geotic Energy Caches 0/10 180 IS
Daya Patth - Momentous Motes - Collect Motes of Fae Power 0/50 180 IS

crater conversion is exchangeable with another group quest (mutant hearts? i think) where you have to tank waves of mobs attacking a thing. the extermination quest changes daily. depleting the reserves, vital resources and the misc daily at solstice change every day (dont remember what it was today, generators on the western coast of dendrome i think?). note that pretty much every one of these is soloable including the extermination if you have the patience to do it.

there's an onslaught outside the hive, one at temple of the abandoned, one at achyati and one at tower of solstice.

note that the cosmic rhino event in dendrome gives double rewards (600 stones instead of 300, + 30 for each miniboss + 120 if you do the early stages [i think]).

i've been farming these for a while and by popping a 40% token vial before handing them in en masse (incl. the ghunt and raid rift dailies) and tagging every world event (keeping the stones banked in the rift loot bag until i pop a vial) i can get to, i can get roughly 10-13k stones in a couple of hours. it's a pretty good way to get a full venerated source machine + cape in a week assuming youve got the rep done.

shut up gelly fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jul 9, 2013

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
if you would like to experience my ~sick keyboard clicking~ (kind of like playing wow with me, minus the target calling + me screaming profanities at healers) here is the vid from last night of kaliban + a kyzan wipe. the stream is kinda shaky (despite me being at 60fps the hwole time!) but that should be fixed now.

however i think it's a good indicator for awareness requirements and where your dps/hps should be before you start to tackle GA (which is a gear check by and large, but also a solid awareness check)

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

At the beginning:
"Boss doesn't hit that hard, it's just the beacon."

Few minutes later:
"Oh god Hedo are you sure we're not supposed to swap earlier than this? He's hitting really hard."

More minutes later:
"Oh god this boss hits so hard without a link."

vk does not have good mitigation, even with pacts :/

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
tried to do tdq rapid assault today. obviously it didn't go so well, in part thanks to a cyril fight where we ended up with 3 tanks for some reason (still killed him though, so i guess we world firsted 3tank cyril #yolo). however someone was asking me how exactly the typhiria burn is done, so here is how to burn typhiria and skip most of the mechanics in that fight. you need to sustain roughly 90k raid dps to beat dark clouds and from there it's ezmode.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Kiyanis posted:

Ah yes, NOW.

I can see how a request for a workaround such as

comes off as an immediate unreasonable demand, if you have no idea how the English language works.

Edit: Also, to

http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/tech-support/93038-soul-tree-window-too-large-why-cant-save-my-points.html
3rd post down: http://forums.riftgame.com/technical-discussions/addons-macros-ui/315634-addon-gadgets-36.html

Totally not a problem that's been mentioned before, guys. No actual problem here.

sorry dude but the technical execution of almost every aspect of this game (engine, usability, stability) is 100% garbage and has been from the very start. i seriously doubt that there's an actual fix anywhere for tiny text sizes. ui elements like that are especially poorly handled. if you have trouble reading unit frames or the buff bar, gadgets and schwarzchild/karuulalerts are good addons to fix that. anything else is probably just going to be a futile endeavor.

in other news the new warrior changes are kinda hit and miss. i especially don't see the reason for the fork nerf (a lot of guilds are going to regress to wiping on salvarola's add phase i think, and it makes matriarch considerably harder) and the destructive forces nerf means that vk tanks have to go back to burning pacts (=mitigation) for max dps. i like the champ changes and the rotation is good and it looks like paragon got a slight dps buff too (and the rotation is laughably easy; if you havent learned paragon yet i suggest you put at least some time into it).

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
time to wipe on salvarola for 3 months :smithicide:

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

SlayVus posted:

I want to go back to this if this guy is reading this. How do you get dual pulse to go off if shock pulse doesn't have a cd?

put dual pulse before shock pulse in the macro. i just keep them on separate keys though so i didn't think of that when i wrote it.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

mr. nobody posted:

timing, coordination and communication

tdq requires none of these fyi

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
pretty boring hotfix

quote:

RIFT 2.3 Hot Fix #11 - 24/7/13

== FEATURES ==
* That's right, it's summer again in Telara, which means it's time for Summerfest once more - this seasonal World Event starts on the afternoon of Thursday 7/25!

= World Event: Summerfest =
* To start your summer adventure, head to any one of the capital cities!
* Take down Swarmlord Khargroth in the all new zone event, The Exuvia of Kargroth, taking over select zones across the three continents.
* Get dressed for the weather-- swimwear has been added to the RIFT Store!
* Brand new achievements have been added, complete them before Summerfest is gone. One of them grants a brand new pet, Stinky the Skunk.
* All new Scavenger Hunt quests have been added to Brevane and Dusken.

GENERAL
* Dyes now stack up to 99!
* Artifact hunters rejoice! The durations for Omen and Quantum Sight have been increased to 1 hour. If you haven't picked them up, the skills have also seen a drop in price!
* Looking for Group: Rifts has been removed as a category - did you notice?

RIFT STORE
* The RIFT Store now alerts you if you have claimable Loyalty Rewards!

DIMENSIONS
* Barrier dimension items have seen a price adjustment.

ZONES
* Dendrome: Invasions now spawn closer to the Onslaught locations at Haimad & Solstice Tower
* Dendrome: The minimap now displays the correct porticulum images for the zone.

DUNGEONS
* Realm of the Fae: Fae Lord Twyll - fixed an issue that could cause the fight to get stuck, preventing you from completing the dungeon.

ITEMS
* Removed spell crit from Empowered Dire Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitter and replaced with physical crit.

SOULS

CLERIC
DEFILER
* Beacon of Despair: Will now appear more readily when Tasuil or other companion NPCs are active.

ROGUE

ASSASSIN
* Jagged Strike, Serpent Strike: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

BLADEDANCER
* Disassemble: Cooldown has been reduced to 30s, down from 60s.
* Binary Strike, Double Strike: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

NIGHTBLADE
* Scourge of Darkness: No longer deals reduced damage in PvP combat.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

gently caress you trion

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

Zoness posted:

Ahahaha why the hell is that the rogue set :psyduck:.

At least it's a huge fuckton of crit power!

i'm now wearing that godawful phys crit belt from gelidra so i can get a 4/4 set bonus again. this god drat game :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

deimos posted:

Gratz on your GA full clear, thanks for letting us know you left for an ~~ über guild ~~.

i wish. i'll be MT for a group that has yet to kill kyzan.

and the boots are off kaliban - we didn't kill kyzan last night.

• Locked thread