Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pyro is by far the most fun mage spec for me and I'm pushing 10k DPS in non-raid gear (ok I have a raid necklace) in Experts without an Archon/BM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

It's not pay to win until they offer raid-equivalent gear in the cash shop only. It's not P2W if you have half the dungeon cooldowns of non-subscription users, it's not pay to win if you can purchase some extra PA XP or whatever.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm playing (have been playing) from Germany and never had any issues with ping spikes.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Evil Sagan posted:

This game is rad as hell, but drat if it doesn't get me right in the altitis. How in the hell do you settle on a Calling when each one is drat versatile and there's so much overlap in roles? :psyduck:

import random
random.choice(["Mage","Cleric","Rogue","Warrior"])

That's how I chose anyway.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Hugoon Chavez posted:

With the switch to f2p, do you guys think it'd be possible to create a secondary raid group for us EU players? At least a core group even if it means pugging the rest?

I want to raid, too :smith:

Please please please. Raids in Rift are really fun but I don't like having to play at 3AM for them (when I'll most likely forget about them because of Tera)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Th-th-the new haliol footholds are platformers

I'm dying inside why do MMO designers think platformers in MMOs are fun or particularly enjoyable.

Did they make the rep grind easier in 2.3 because gently caress grinding Venerated without massive notoriety boosts.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Never mind I'm bad at dates

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jun 7, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I actually like playing archon, even if I'm probably not good because I don't raid often.

Also vandee can be I just post here instead of mailing you?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Check out dimensions. From what I hear it is pretty nice but I haven't played any other game with housing so I have no clue

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Having a low amount of shards is a good thing, IMO.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

The core gameplay remains the same with some streamlining (they've gone a long way toward making more and more specs viable) and the best cash shop I've ever seen in a game.

Like seriously, $5 will have you in kick rear end gear the entire time you are leveling, such a smart move considering the massive influx of people

And so many corgis! :swoon:

$5? Last time I checked a set of level 40 gear was like 2000 funbux which is like 10 euro. Did they lower the prices?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

StumblyWumbly posted:

The raid vendor next to the expert gear vendor in TB. Cheapest thing is 90 stones

Around 4k stones now.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Goon guild literally not transferring to Hailol ITT

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

Transferring to Hailol wouldn't change much, though. We'd still be on the same cluster.

Yeah but it's a symbolic thing

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm euro but I'm too lazy to log in just to send a mail so I'll post here.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pierson posted:

'EU Scum'

Hitler was Right

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Stuff from the livestream that I can remember:

- Each calling is getting a new soul, and it will fill in the one thing they can't do (Mage tank, cleric support, rogue heals, warrior heals)
- The next zone added is going to be the plane of water. There will be some swimming but Simon assured us that it won't be a lot of water combat. Per lore, plane of water isn't just water but also nightmares and dreams and stuff.
- They are working on a lot of idea for companions. Being able to level them up, assigning them tasks, autolooting for you, that kind of stuff.

Mage tank.

Mage tank mage tank mage tank mage tank.

This can't come soon enough. This really can't

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

d definitely complete the one-man chronicle to unlock PA. To add onto that, if you have a second character that hits 50, all the experience is cross-account. That means if you have 200 points in PA on your warrior, when your rogue hits level 50 he will have 200 points to spend.

PA is unlocked automatically now.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Lemme find the post by Amory, hold on~

E:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549507&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25#post416404080

I can craft you Outfitter and Runecrafter stuff, and probably Artificer in like a couple days if I bother getting it to 375. I should have all the important mage recipes, just tell me what you need and I'll log on and link you the designs so you know what to get.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 24, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So uh what are raid times again?

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

shut up gelly posted:

if you would like to experience my ~sick keyboard clicking~ (kind of like playing wow with me, minus the target calling + me screaming profanities at healers) here is the vid from last night of kaliban + a kyzan wipe. the stream is kinda shaky (despite me being at 60fps the hwole time!) but that should be fixed now.

however i think it's a good indicator for awareness requirements and where your dps/hps should be before you start to tackle GA (which is a gear check by and large, but also a solid awareness check)

What are the UI mods that you use because that looks super rad.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

necrotic posted:

Mage loot! I got Quill of the Aurora and someone else got Icon of Control. Then we downed Kain and Esthi got Reaper's Edge.

We will never see Mage loot again :(
And even with that Reaper's Edge I still only have 447 hit :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, 3 wipes on Crucia before we got her and 2 of those didn't even count (Egeus crashing, interrupt bugging out)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

So I just went through my Mage's gear and the only pieces I should replace with raid gear are Wand, Chest, Gloves and Leggings and perhaps Rings.

And grind Torvan/Lycini Venerated for Cape and Lessers :cry: (at least Lycini is easy and I'm already 60k/90k)

Also I probably won't be able to come on Mon/Wed but 29th will be fine.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

That:
* Improved Fireball: Renamed to Improved Bolt.
* Improved Bolt: Now affects all Primary Bolt abilities instead of only Fireball.
* Improved Bolt: Now increases the chance for Primary Bolt abilities to critically hit by 2/4/6%, down from 3/6/10%.

E:
* Burning Fury: Now increases the chance to critically hit with abilities by 2/4/6%.
Saw it coming, it's ok I guess. Someone will have to reevaluate CP/SP weights I guess
* Fulminate: Now costs 60 Charge.
Actually makes it worth using now since it can be used with IC for extremely hard hits
* Flame Volley: Reduced damage of the final tick.
Now I won't feel so bad about cancelling the channel early (and Loracia won't get Flame Volleyed for 20k heh)

* Spent Heavy Omniparticle Emitter now has a Warrior/Rogue upgrade path.
* Peace of the Hailol now has a Warrior/Rogue upgrade path.
Neat.
* Frozen Ion Cloud now has a caster upgrade path.
I wonder what it does.
* Greater Essences drop more frequently from Strongholds, however, they are still rare.
* Essences of any planar type may now be found in any planar Stronghold. Example: Life strongholds can now drop Fire Essences.
This is the best thing (I still haven't done SHs though)

Nice Necro/Harb/SC changes overall

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jul 18, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Funnily enough, my average crit rate prepatch was around 29% (37% for fireball). Now it'll be around 25% with 31% for fireball. Not that big of a nerf (though it'll be much more of a nerf to players with lower gear since Int adds SC)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Oh Gamebryo...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvVf57MWnyw

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Make me :colbert:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I looked at a guide for 61 Necro and I'll probably mess around with it later on but Pyro forever.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

No Matriarch for me tonight :(

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

In general I'd even say if you're required to join voice chat foe TDQ you're in for a trap run.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I think you just want PVP everything for warfronts

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Does anyone have any suggestions regarding my Pyro build/rotation? HTML export is here, if anyone wants an combat log tell me and I'll upload it. I'm using 61 Pyro/9 Archon/6 Harb on the PTS raid dummy without any consumables and the Raid 2 gear + SHoE trinket from the bag (7.1k SP, 80 CP, forgot the SC) if anyone wants to reproduce it.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, I made like 500k Planarite in no time at all.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Wow, that Warlock build parses like 1k DPS higher on Esthi (on live) than my old one. Rotation is the same, you just plant life leech once and enjoy 12k -> 13k DPS on the guild dimension dummy.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Yeah, servers are taking a massive dump for me.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Do we have enough people to do an alt FT/EE run? My rogue really needs some 20man stuff and I don't want to sacrifice Esthi's spot for him (yet)

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

I'm seriously annoyed Trion repeatedly makes red-on-dark ground AoE indicators. It's like they specifically go ~gently caress you colorblind people~

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 30, 2013

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Have jaunt on C-T, Soul Synthesis on C-Y, enjoy pulling the whole room/cleaving the whole raid/etc

Also tab targeting the wrong mob and accidentally pulling too many packs while living through it because cool downs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

quote:

* Grim Awakening
- Ultane has done some redecorating and removed the cages from his room.

* Exodus of the Storm Queen
- Valthundr: Reduced Frozen Soul stacks from 4 to 2 during Deep Freeze.

Best changes in this patch.

• Locked thread